How many hubbers actively use FaceBook?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (74 posts)
  1. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Do you have an FB Account...
    If so; are you driving traffic to your hubs successfully?

For me... I don't have a personal account with FB
    I really don't want to have open one either. sad

1. SydFletcher profile image61
      SydFletcherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a FB account and many fan pages on Facebook and I drive traffic from Facebook to my hubs.

I found Facebook pages more effecting to drive traffic to hubs than your personal profile but you must have a niche facebook page related to your hubs.

I also receive traffic with the help of PMs and applications smile

1. Glemoh101 profile image54
        Glemoh101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have facebook account with about 4k friends , but i don't know how to use it for promoting my hubs.
        Can you help?

1. brimancandy profile image78
          brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure, but you could start your own fan club. I did that, and I post some of my drawings, and various photos. I also offer links to my various pages under the same user name as I have here. Like my Youtube page. But, not very many people have joined my club, and I only have about 100 friends, and almost all of them are people I know.

I usually just tell people to google my username. brimancandy, and when they do that, they usually find all of my pages and hubs. That way they can find me without having to give them a single link, and they can find access to all my pages at once. Hasn't really worked that great, but that's only because of my low number of friends.

Using the share button on your hubs will aslo link them to your facebook wall. But, don't do that too often, they might accuse you of spam.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've got my own facebook article marketing and blogging group.  I've got certain fairly high profile facebook friends that if I post a link on their walls, my traffic jumps pretty well, far too well to stop using facebook!

3. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm using Facebook as well - but I haven't started fully marketing on it, just posting some things here and there

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do but I use Hubpages to deepen and promote my "friendships" on facebook and in real life, not the other way around.

My Hubs are about my opinions, my take on life, how I see the world, where I fit in the grand scheme of things, and my intention is self-expression/self-description...

Using FB to promote SEO never crossed my mind.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How come PD?

I have posted 2 or 3 of my hubs and did see a slight increase to begin with ,but havent checked traffic lately so not too sure.

I seem to get hits from mobile phone users occassionally now though ,so perhaps it has helped or just a co-incidence.

As far as FB though ,mine is set up for mainly family and selected friends ,so unless I had it open to the globe (which I probably wont) kinda limits traffic.

(Of course ,youd be surprised how the grapevine works ,even with a few contacts)...

Tall poppy syndrome is alive an well ,but I also know like a moth to flame ,googles menu will have something to tantalise their wee appetites too ,lol smile

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey PD,

I do get some traffic(readers) from Facebook. Whether or not, they are new readers or hubbers isn't really something I can figure out, unless they leave a comment.

However, I've posted hubs on there and received readers, who have marked my writing, but not left a comment, for whatever reason. wink

3. Pearldiver profile image67

Cheers mate.. I take it you run an account there then yeah? hmm

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have multiple accounts, but only one I actively use. I have a lot of hub writers as friends and some that are not. wink

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is going to sound like a weird or even a fresh question (and it isn't intended to be either), but what do 'friends" do once they're friends?   hmm  Read each other's stuff?  I've tried (on things like Twitter and Facebook) to find "followers' or "friends" like people from sites I write on, and I may make a follower or a friend (or have someone do the inviting); but then I have no instinct about what to do once you have friends or followers.   hmm

I mean, I don't know these people; so I don't "socialize".  I do whatever online "socializing" I do on here and don't socialize with anyone else on any other writing sites.  Then, if I want to read other people's stuff I can find it on the site anyway.  So, I just don't really get what else there is...   hmm

2. saddlerider1 profile image58
      saddlerider1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have an open account at FB with many hubbers as friends, we share comments back and forth and I have strongly suggested that whenever we have a new hub to share it on FB and it's working. My traffic sources are UP since I've had this open account at FB. I am enjoying the new friendships I've made on FB.

4. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

I use facebook, but not as a means to drive traffic to my articles.  I have received views from facebook, but nothing of particular note.

5. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I set up a Facebook account just for online writing stuff, but - really - I don't use it.  It's not "me" to use it.  I don't know anyone on there, and it isn't really "me" to go looking for people to "know" just for purposes that aren't really "genuine" (as in "genuine friends").  So, I deactivated my account, but I selected "temporary", in case I change my mind.  I doubt it got me any traffic because it just kind of sits there doing nothing (but maybe getting the occasional "invitation to be friends"). This may be my generation (or nature, of course); but I don't really know how to be "non-genuine 'friends'".  I mean - you get some stranger as a Facebook friend, and then what?   lol  You're supposed to pretend to be interested in their page? 

Anyway, I've been on a "withdrawing-from-a-lot-of-the-Internet" thing recently.  I'll sign up for stuff that "everyone" says online writers should sign up for, but now it's like everything is "all out there" when I'm really not interested in participating on all those things. 

I guess my point is that I think if your heart isn't in it, or you don't have the personality or interest for it; it won't do much for traffic.

Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As always you raise some good points Lisa smile
      Cheers for that.
      I don't know how to be a non-genuine friend either hmm

Thanks for helping me not feel like an anti-social loser.  (I'm really sociable in offline life, and in life in general I care very much about people, even the ones I don't know).  It's just that there's the thing about "friends" you don't know and having that "friendship" be based on everyone sharing whatever they're posting.  If some Hubber I don't even know posts on the forums, here, that their son is having surgery tomorrow - I'll be thinking about the Hubber, the kid, and the surgery and coming back to see how they're all doing.  If some Facebook person has whatever they have on their page, and its some article about something I don't care about, well.....     how can I care?    hmm

But, in the Internet/Networking world, it's as if nobody feels like he can admit, "Hey, I can't say I care about a lot of stuff."   lol

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

Totally with you on the Facebook thing. 

I joined Icanhascheezburger.com a few weeks ago and at first I had a whale of a time making up funny captions to go on people's cat photos.  One of my "lols" even made it to the front page, as a result of which I had half a dozen people requesting that they be added to my "friends" page.

My reaction was, "OK then so if I add these people as friends, then what?  Why?!"  Instead of being delighted, I actually felt highly uncomfortable, and haven't been back on there since.

Please can we make the Internet how it was in the old days, before all this following/friending/fanning cr*p?

Again, glad to know I'm not the only one.   Well, part of it is that when you sign up for stuff there's a lot of people who plain old don't give a rat's bottom about you or whatever you're posting.  They just want more followers/friends themselves.  So how "thrilled" can anyone be when someone invites them to a "friend"?  I've had people from - like - Helium or HubPages invite me to be a friend, and that makes sense.  At least I'm happy to be "co-friends" with someone I have something in common with.  (Even then, though, what next?   smile  )    I'm just not all that honored when "Slick Sam, the Internet Marketing Guy" or some 19-year-old young man from a completely different world/culture pretend to want to be "friends".  I mean, "Oh, come on!   mad  Who are we are kidding! "  lol   I'm pretty sure Slick Sam or the teenager aren't going to be sending much traffic my way.   lol

2. Pearldiver profile image67

Nope... it's changed and it is still got some more changing yet sad

Do you think the Anti-Social behaviour has anything to do with people's fear of loosing their 'farmville' chickens? hmm

Or because that 'friendly' non-genuine approach is a result of having no interpersonal skills due to having to relate more to their 'farmville' animals than real people? hmm

2. Pearldiver profile image67

Well Lisa... You are liked in NZ smile

Good on you... your humor is also enjoyed here! smile

Pearldiver, thanks.  You're liked in Boston too.    smile

6. Pearldiver profile image67

Cheers Mike smile

Cheers Cags smile

Some very interesting comments have been made on Paul's FB Side Bar thread.... I'm tring to gauge some idea how it has worked for some.

I know zzron has an excellent hub promo wall for his hubber fans and that was responsible for a few reads on my hubs.

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I don't go to my account much anymore, as most of my family are close by, and I am no longer addicted to farmville, in fact I haven't farmed for months. smile I may be cured! smile

OMG I grew up farming... the last thing I could get inspired by is growing virtual cabbages from seeds that I had to pay for!!

Oh Earnest... Cured lol
      Well Done on your Hundie mate.. shout yourself a pig roll

I'm actually happy to agree with Lisa.
      (No matter how much I try to hang onto my youthful spirit and things!) smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had a spot of farming too for a while. smile Farmville is a waste of cpu use. I mean that literally! Farmville ate my laptop!
        When farming my cpu usage would leap to 100% overheat and turn my laptop off!Eventually it killed it. smile

Really? lol

Pacman used to do that lol

2. Lisa HW profile image61

One I did get addicted to awhile back, but it was a lone pursuit (although people could make friends if they wanted), was online doll making.    I think a lot of them were - like - late-teens girls (and then me, who lacked the artistic skill and overall enthusiasm those young women had).   lol  Hey - I ought to put my dolls on Facebook.  God knows nobody's too interested in my writing on there.  lol

8. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

I have a personal private account, for offline friends and family. And another more public one.

I occasionally post links to hubs. I don't push it. I couldn't imagine anything more annoying than a constant feed of links coming from one person, including myself.

I'll only ever link to a hub once. I'd be cautious of anyone posting the same link two, three or more times.

I also post links to other hubs by other hubbers. If I find something interesting and I think that others might like it, I'll share it.

Cheers Darkside smile

I think you're right on that level of linking.

What value do you feel you get from FB shoppers - bookmarks etc.  or can't you really measure them?

I guess I'm trying to find out what value you place on the FB visitor as a whole.

1. darkside profile image63
        darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of my public account, I'm not operating it as a page or a business, I interact to a certain degree, so it's pretty much just a personal profile.

I do get traffic, as I use a dedicated tracker for all facebook traffic wink though I won't know how well that traffic converts.

I do have the hope that someone might enjoy one of the hubs I highlight and either share it to their friends, or keep it in the back of the minds if it fills the need of anyone they know whether online or offline.

9. jdaviswrites profile image72
    jdaviswritesposted 13 years ago

I usually share any new hub that I write on Facebook. I really don't think it drives much continual traffic though, but it is fun to share hubs with friends who may be interested.

10. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I have three - one for personal, one for HP and another one for my local organization here. I use the first to get in touch with my old friends and previous classmates (batchmates?). The second, well I post links there or see if other hubbers posted links for their hubs that might be of interest for me. The third one is mainly for communication purposes within the organization.

And I use the first and second one to play games smile.

11. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I've done what darkside said he's done.  I have a private FB account for my "real" friends and relatives.  Then I don't ever go to it, though, because if I'm online I'm usually either writing, working, goofing off or doing some combination of all three.  I keep deactivating the private one, though, because I keep trying to be like everyone else and have the Facebook page so people can "share"; but then I get squirmish to think something personal is on the Internet - and I deactivate it until I have some reason to want to see someone else's page (which seldom happens  lol  ).  It's hopeless.   smile  I'm not Facebook material.   hmm

12. Pearldiver profile image67

Cheers jd... Appreciate your input smile

Cheers Em.. 100 again Good on you smile
    And I use the first and second one to play games.. huh? lol

Thanks Lisa smile

Cheers for that DS smile

13. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

I'm on Facebook several times a day..can't help myself, lol.  I love checking in and seeing how people are doing--especially my adult kids...smile

I use mine mainly to keep in touch with family and close friends, since we're all scattered to the winds anymore.  I do talk to several hubbers or former hubbers, though, occasionally, as well as former classmates.  Mostly it's our family members, though.

My husband's brother just died, and we all posted pics of him, or talked about him together--it brought us all together, even if it wasn't physically, and there's something to be said for that. smile

And I'm addicted to that Bejeweled Blitz game, but have managed to stay away from Farmville and all of those other things so far. big_smile

I post a hub once in awhile, if I think someone might enjoy reading it...and my husband and I make a game out of sending each other "pokes", haha.

1. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that this popped back up, so I wanted to come back on and mention how great Facebook can be to keep in touch with far-flung family members...

Again, we lost another loved one--Tom's youngest sister.  She had a Facebook page, and so many of us have posted memories and tributes to her...mainly to give her kids something to go back and visit, and hopefully provide some comfort.  Tom wrote and recorded a song for her and posted it on there, too, which the family can listen to whenever they want now.

We do use Facebook for posting hubs, too, especially Tom, but the most important plus for us is re-connecting with family and long-lost friends that live all over the place now... smile

14. Pearldiver profile image67

Hi Tammy... So really you've made it part of your family from the look of it and I think maybe that's one thing that FB has done well... Bringing people together. smile
    Sorry for Tom's and your loss... Thanks for your input here.. You Take Care. smile

15. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Yes, I do.  I have fellow hubbers and non-hubbers as friends and it has helped with readership.  I have also used it to link into hubs fellow hubbers have published and posted.  It's nice to be able to multitask in one application.  smile

Cheers Beth.. and no mention of the 'Farmville' game? hmm

1. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha 

I farm, but I'm not as addicted as I use to be.  lol Now, if you're my friend and farming, I might get addicted to it again.  smile

Bejewelled is more my game -- quick, self challenging.

If it's not FB, then it's HP!!  lol  lol

16. triosol profile image60
    triosolposted 13 years ago

I have FB Account but I havent use it till now. I prefer Twitter to promote my Hubs.

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My face book account has brought in a couple of comments, over a month now i don't bother posting the links!!

17. calpol25 profile image58
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

I use FB and Twitter its amazing and am addicted to it plus all my friends like to keep up to date with my hubs.. lol smile

18. Ms Chievous profile image65
    Ms Chievousposted 13 years ago

I don't really post any hubs to FB unless they might be relevant to a question a friend asks or a conversation between friends.  I might be more apt to post hubs during the Christmas season though.

19. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

*raises hand* I do alright

20. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

i am in fb but I don't try to drive traffic to my hub from there, i am maxed with 5000 friend in one of my account. After getting adsense i will concentrate on that

21. Pearldiver profile image67

Cheers everyone....
    so it appears that group efforts tend to create good traffic levels...
    I Have noticed a slightly improved level to a couple of hubs linked before.

Do you think FaceBookers have a tendency to bookmark? hmm

22. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I use facebook but I dont promote hubs there. I use it for family and friends....

23. Pearldiver profile image67

Cheers Kristy smile

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cheers Pearldiver, Still finding them Pearls? lol

Noooooooo... waste of time diving in Winter... gonna have to Rob a Jewallry store lol

1. kmackey32 profile image64
          kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh its Winter where u are???? LOL

No it's now officially Spring yesterday.
            It's Thursday 2nd here.... You guys are Late smile

Yep we get the End of the World before you do as well....
            So Really What Future will FB have anyway? lol

Cheers Mike smile

24. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

I have a Facebook account and use it to post.  I didn't update there regularly, but I've also noticed a boost since updating on Facebook.

25. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Hi PD,
    Up to 4 months ago when I joined facebook  - (I don't have any idea what facebook is before), I used to hear myspace etc. I joined because of what I read here in the forum and some other hubs -- for promotional purposes. Little did I know that it is more of socialization purposes of course. Then I set my twitterfeed making all my hubs automatically posted there.

Three days ago, I was about to log in but I can't anymore, they are asking me to add a cellphone number, to verify identity, I gathered it was maybe because my username there is same here Pretty Darkhorse. I noticed that most people put their real names there. I never thought about this before I just wanted to make my HP and facebook the same username.

Now the truth is that I don't have a cellphone, I have a landline connected to my internet. They are asking me to provide a cellphone number and then they will text some code for me to send to back to them, now I can't do that with a landline phone. I am thinking to get a cellphone, but I know I will not use it anyway.

I don't know if I will respond anymore or just close it. I have list of friends there from here already including some freinds and relatives,  and if I start with my real name with another account.

I don't know if I can transfer my old friends there to the new account either. I don't know yet If I like to do that also.
    I guess I just don't want to be bothered as I don't really have time to go there, but then I noticed it is one good way of socializing with friends and relatives.

26. Pearldiver profile image67

Hi Maita,

I think the privacy of individuals is considered to less important to sites like that than their Strategic Development Plans. They tend to box on regardless and perhaps falsely feel that they are; by virtual of size; unable to be successfully sued for potential breach of privacy violations.

As for cellphones... Blackberry are the only mobile company that refuse to provide or allow Federal access to their clients personal numbers and details.  On that basis alone I feel we should support them for not compromising the client in any respect. So that also means that your GPS position is also not given to Big Brother... which must be very frustrating for them.

Protect your personal privacy as much as you can....
    Ring the Blackberry Management team and get yourself a mobile Maita... tell them you love their integrity and would as a writer like to write a short series of articles that will endorse their sales and their efforts! If you ask them to recommend the models they would like promoted.. you can tell them that you will need to also trial it for a month! They will tell you..."We'll swap you for an article!" --- You will see! Good Luck.. but still don't give FB your new # lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi PD, Thank you for your advice about Blackberry and swapping an article for it, but I just don't feel using a cellphone anymore. I use this landline to call my relatives in the Philippines from here  and it works for me. I just resigned from using cellphone as it burned me out before, it keep on ringing hehe.

Hmmmm, these big sites really are imposing themselves. It is their rule, let us see maybe I can email them and tell them I don't have a cellphone, then if they don't still allow me to open my account, then I can sue them, who knows I might be interviewed by CNN, lolololol.... The truth is I don't think I am still bothered by it.
      Anyway if it is their rule we either follow it or just don't join anymore. Simple as that.

Maybe you can send me a blackberry from OZ, with one year subscription to Orange, smile

27. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I have a FB account for family and friends including some hubbers. I will post a hub when I complete a new one, but I don't keep feeding hubs there. sometimes I post a hub from someone else that I really enjoyed reading.

I use it mostly for social purposes and posting articles from my FB feed from different sources.

I do see a lot of hubs there at times, but I generally don't click on them.

I use Twitter more for posting hubs.

28. Pearldiver profile image67

Cheers Rebekah .... Take Care smile

It's 3.00am here --- G'Nite / G'Morning all smile

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

29. Kwazzy profile image59
    Kwazzyposted 13 years ago

I use it daily, about most of the day, it keeps me from offing myself at work sometimes! just goes to show how addicted to tech. some people are (me being one of em!)

30. talfonso profile image85
    talfonsoposted 13 years ago

I use a lot of social networking sites to promote my Hubs, including Facebook!

31. Andrew0208 profile image56
    Andrew0208posted 13 years ago

I registered a facebook account same day I joined HubPages in 2008. I use it daily like HubPages. The viral traffic nature of facebook is presently unbeatable. The apps and plugins go beyond a mere social networking life of fb wall, profile, sharing photos, videos, links, group, and chats.

If you'll truly understand the web relevance and huge viral traffic nature of the two different fb plugins(recommendation box and like button) introduced by HubPages team on our published hubs, you'll appreciate and love it better. I've had my hubs severally liked/shared by people I don't know from Adam, who are not even my fb friends nor fellow hubbers. One of the hubs with high number of 'likes' have over 40 'likes.'   

In fact, I've integrated same plugins to my own websites and the traffic is pretty huge. Not to talk about setting up your business facebook fan pages and good enough all these said are free to use. I've got some great performing ones. facebook is Awesome!

32. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I do have a facebook account, but I do not actively use it to promote my hubs. I might post one of my newest hubs to my wall, but, I usually only do that once. And, I only do it because a lot of my friends share my interests. I don't do it to get traffic.

A majority of my facebook friends are people I know, former co-workers and camping buddies. And, maybe a few hot strangers. I very seldomly friend someone that I do not know. Facebook is too natorious for spammers for that.

1. Andrew0208 profile image56
      Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

spammers or abusers you'll see at every online communities, but their online lifespan are very slim and quite uncertain. There are many healthy(ethical) ways to get targeted traffic from facebook if that happens to be the quest or desire of anyone outside it's regular social lifestyle.       

Govts, presidents, CNN, Fox, ABC News, organisations, lots of meaningful individuals, multi nationals, name it are using it pretty well. Yes, it is 100% choice of anyone to use it or not.
      facebook team got listening ears and the are presently tightening up every security. I hope it gets better and stronger.

33. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I have a FB account, but it is for friends and family. I don't usually post links to my hubs on FB, unless it is relevant in some way (I have one on skiing with kids and several friends wanted advice, so I posted a link). Other than that, FB is just a way to keep in contact with friends spread across many states and countries.

34. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

Facebook can be effective if you share your contents with tracker. I don't expect clicks from the FB visitors but till now I have got 7 sign ups under my trackers. Same thing applies for all other social networks or bookmarking sites. Can be handy sometimes especially if you have a lot of fans or friends.

35. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Other than the fantastic networking with family ,I also think FB is a popular, if not the most popular social network,so as far as attracting traffic, if they are interested ,they will come smile

Also PD do you have your profile URL as a 'signature' set up in your email.
    Another free way to advertise smile

36. To Start Again profile image71
    To Start Againposted 13 years ago

I do use Facebook- I have friends, family and hubber friends on it and while I used to post links on occasion to my hubs, I didn't really get much traffic from it so I stopped. I have visited hubs I saw linked on other hubbers profiles though. Darkside and ralwus are great about putting others hubs up.

I think the best part about connecting my FB and Hublife was that when I left here, I was still able to stay connected in a way to all the friends I had gotten to know here. Same when they would leave HP.

37. ravko profile image65
    ravkoposted 13 years ago

I use facebook, but all my friends and family are either addicted to farmville or farmtown so unless I can give them something for their farms they won't get out of the field long enough to look at anything new, so I don't usually post there...

38. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I have a couple of Facebook ID's because I thought it might be a marketing tool.  I have lots of spammy 'friends' trying to sell me MLM.  In return I spam them, I mean inform them, of any of my hubs I think they will like - in the vague hope they might genuinely read one and genuinely like it enough to pass it on their other spammy friends.

It all seems a bit pointless.

As a side note I hate Facebook, the software experience stinks, and as someone who is not really interested in anything it doesn't do much for me.  It's like a teenage club full of morons.

I can understand why some people get off on it - if they have real friends and so on - but for me - nah.

Don't start me on Twitter...

big_smile .... Tell me about Twitter! big_smile  big_smile

OMG I can't believe that I opened this thread months ago.. when I didn't understand anything about the SEO benefits that can be derived from working a FB account properly.

There are many and several months ago, I conceded and opened accounts there. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.. It has been very interesting and has some excellent comments on it. smile

39. profile image52
    Jenny Impactposted 13 years ago

I have a Facebook account but don't use it for marketing.  There are a lot of great ideas here in the comments though.  I might have to rethink it.

40. daned123 profile image58
    daned123posted 13 years ago

I have made a hub on how to get friends on fb, it is short but true.....check it out! smile
    I think you should make a fake account or change the name and just add people you don't know, if it's a fake account you could add people you haven't seen before without risk. Also start fan pages about your hub and make status' about your new hubs
    smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)