Why we do HubNuggets

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

I originally posted this in this week's HubNuggets thread, then deleted it and brought it here.  I thought that it deserved its own thread.

We received this email note today from a very proud mother.

"Shirley, I wanted to tell you just how much of a postive impact you have made in my daughter's life. She is the girl who wrote one of your contest hub's "She always loved happy endings". Ivory dreams of being a working author. Her major in school is journalism. I really appreciate the constructive criticism your site gives her. She is a very special person, one not many people are lucky enough to meet. I just wanted to thank you personally as best I can.  thanks!"

And that folks, is why we do HubNuggets.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is great, Shirley -- thanks for posting and thanks helping with the posting up of the HubNuggets each week!

2. Elena. profile image84
    Elena.posted 15 years ago

Hello, Shirley!  Many thanks for sharing this, it's really very sweet!

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

That is awesome, Shirley!!!  That's what I love about HubPages!  I would never have the chance to have anything I wrote, read by so many people.  This gives me the outlet to write, and the opportunity to have my writing read!!

4. rmshdc profile image57
    rmshdcposted 15 years ago

thanks Shirley Anderson for bring out this point.

5. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

It's so nice when people take the time to show their appreciation.  Thanks Shirley for sharing this one. 

And yes, I did enjoy that hub "She always loved happy endings."   smile lol  big_smile

6. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

That is so cool that her mum took the time to share her love and pride in her daughter with us Hubbers!  That in itself is a happy ending!

1. anjalichugh profile image70
      anjalichughposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100%.

7. webwin profile image60
    webwinposted 15 years ago

Thanks Shirley for sharing this one.

8. mattressguru profile image61
    mattressguruposted 15 years ago

Sorry.. but at the expense of sounding dumb, what's a HubNugget?

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

HubNuggets are high-quality Hubs that are written by some Hubbers who are fairly new to writing on HubPages. The HubNugget team chooses 10 potential HubNuggets that get voted on during the week and the 5 with the most votes get emailed out in the newsletter that I send out each week to 40,000+ Hubbers.

Here are this week's potential HubNuggets -- go and give one a vote!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubber-Poll-Mar … hubnuggets

9. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

That IS awesome, I'm glad this can have such a positive influence in peoples lives. smile

10. Herald Daily profile image59
    Herald Dailyposted 15 years ago

What a nice email and a nice mom. 

I've started to read some of the HubNuggets.  There are some really good writers on here.  I'm starting to get excited about this, I think I'm going have fun and learn a lot at the same time.  At least, I'm hoping.

11. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

I do have a question, I understand hubnuggets is for newbies however has HP considered having a contest as well for the intermediate and advanced writers? There are some who have not ever had a chance to partake in the hubnuggets. Just a thought.smile

Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Guess this is being discussed with Hup in the other thread.

You're right about there being some hubbers who haven't been able to participate because they've been on here longer than HubNuggets has been running.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  I'm sure if they can, HP will.

12. MotherHubber profile image60
    MotherHubberposted 15 years ago

Very cool note from a very cool mom.  Thanks for sharing!

BTW, is there anything that we newbies need to do in order to be considered for inclusion in the Hubnugget stew? smile  I mean, in addition to writing well-received hubs, of course.

Just wondering!

Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi, MotherHubber.  Yes, there is.

- write good quality content
      - write enough content (meaning make sure you have enough writing in the hub)
      - add some pictures - at least a pic or two
      - use an attractive layout

In other words, if your hub is well-written, long enough and attractive, you will likely appear in the HubNuggets at least once.

Pretty easy, eh?  If you're still not sure, check out some other hubs to get ideas for your own layout. 

Have I answered your question?  If you need/want to know anything else, just ask.  If I don't know, we can ask Hup.

1. MotherHubber profile image60
        MotherHubberposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That answered the question.  Thank you!  I'm off to do some homework now. . .so much to learn!  Thanks again.

13. lawretta profile image63
    lawrettaposted 15 years ago

Thanks Shirley for sharing. I am going to improve in my writings.

14. Dink96 profile image61
    Dink96posted 15 years ago

I'm still a little dumbfounded that I was nominated after writing a relative few number of blogs compared to a lot of people around here.  But as one of my English teachers told me a very long time ago, "write about what you know, what you're passionate about, and the rest will follow."  The rest is just gravy to me.  It's wonderful practice for me.  Thanks for just being here!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)