Proof that Jesus Christ did not exist.

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (115 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Religulousposted 13 years ago

When I go to http://hubpages.com/profile/jesus_christ it quite simply tells me:

Sorry, that user does not exist.

So there you go, explicit evidence that Jesus Christ does not exist.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image72
      Mikel G Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yikes  LMBO!!!

There you have it, it must be true.

roll

2. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

On a more serious note, I don't think he has time to maintain a hub page. I believe His time may be consumed by making sure everyone forwards those chain emails that say if you don't forward it, you don't love Christ.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image72
        Mikel G Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yikes  I never thought about that  yikes

1. profile image0

Seriously. Don't those emails offend you? Does anyone think a higher force would monitor your Outlook?

1. Midnight Oil profile image82
            Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does anyone think a higher force would monitor your Outlook?

Try the CIA, FBI, MI5 & MI6, KGB,  Bundesnachrichtendienst, Vatican & Mossad to name a few...

Oh and perhaps Microsoft....

... the little green men in outer space too wink

1. profile image0

I wouldn't classify them as higher forces.

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, Midnight Oil actually pointed out the "higher" authority of Law Enforcement. So, technically, he is correct. wink

1. profile image0

I believe my intent was clear. If not, let me clarify for you benefit. I was speaking of forces outside of this plane of existence. Sheesh.

2. DavitosanX profile image60
                DavitosanXposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Blasphemy! Microsoft shall strike you down!

1. profile image0

lol Ok by me. I'll still have 35 lives left.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religulous:  I cannot believe anyone would try such nonsense. Try doing an internet search on "Jesus Christ" you will find hundreds of referrals there. Publicly Displaying such silliness shows a lack of maturity.

1. profile image0
        Religulousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you'll find they're called "references" and not "referrals". But thanks for playing.

4. Dave Mathews profile image60

Those who mock God and Jesus will one day see Jesus when he returns and have to face him or face off with him. If you then realize that He is really God, either you will bow down to him or He will condemn you.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When we look closely at the Jesus myth, we see that this man did not condemn others when he was allegedly alive, so it would make no sense he would do that now or anytime soon, Dave.

Those are YOUR threats, Dave, not his. smile

1. Dave Mathews profile image60

Jesus spoke out constantly against the unbeliever especially those who followed false teachings and were seen as hypocrites.

Read your bible, Dave. It appears you have not done so. Jesus forgave others, he never condemned them. smile

1. Buttonpatch profile image60
              Buttonpatchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus never condemned anyone?  It would appear that the pot is once again calling the kettle black.

1. vector7 profile image61
                vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What does "Woe unto you Pharisees" mean then?

smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59

It would appear you offered nothing in refutation. Who exactly did Jesus condemn? Please explain. smile

Luke 13:3

"I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
                                                                                           ~Jesus

smile

2. pisean282311 profile image62
              pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@bleezedad jesus was character who spoke a lot bout lot of things...but if he spoke one sentence , 99 were made up by his followers...m sure if jesus was to come again , he would be shocked to see that not only people made him god but also started passing judgments using his name...

You should throw some scholarly facts onto the end of your sentences pisean..

Unsure if you did research or made that up....

wink

1. pisean282311 profile image62

i guess you have not read historical jesus...i think you must research about jesus other than bible...i hope you do that unbiasedly...

Sure have. 5 years worth.

wink

2. victor2322 profile image60
          victor2322posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beelzedad,

Except for your "Jesus myth" statement you are completely correct; sort of. Jesus DID condemn people. He just didnt condemn the non-believer. Every time Jesus spoke harshly to someone or a group of people they were the "religious experts" of the day. The so-called "experts" on God. He repeatedly lashed out at the people who thought they were "in" and warned them that they were fooling themselves.

As far Jesus existing, several atheist scholars accept that Jesus existed as a man, as do competing religions. They just don't accept His divinty as being "God."

Lashing out and condemning are two different things. Please provide quotes from the bible in which Jesus actually condemned others.

Of course, there were many such men walking around preaching one thing or another, and you can be sure they were crucified by the Romans as trouble makers. So what? Christ could have very well been a living man doing exactly that. It's the part of the Resurrection that is in question as being utterly ridiculous and mythical, yet it is the foundation of Christianity. smile

1. victor2322 profile image60

to condemn is to express an unfavorable or adverse judgment on; indicate strong disapproval of. Jesus did this in the following passages.

Here is a link to a nice blog that outlines cases where Jesus condemned the pharisees.

http://bible.org/seriespage/chapter-23- … -pharisees

To list some passages Matt: 23, 1-12-     Mark 12: 38-40 is another source.

Wonderful! I was hoping someone was going to bring up the Pharisees. Strange that no one brought up his condemnation of the Sadducees.

Of course, the gospels have been criticized for it's presenting of "false caricatures" of the Pharisees and scribes because Jesus failed to understand from within what the Pharisees were preaching and only viewed them from a position of self-interest. In fact, he was actually criticizing and condemning his own Jewish background. smile

1. victor2322 profile image60

I have heard several atheistic versions of the Bible being wrong but that is a new one. Thanks for sharing it, as it gives me something new to study.

It isn't atheistic at all, it is in fact the view of the Jewish faith. smile

2. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

I should imagine its difficult to get a decent broadband connection up there too... 

The big question is.... Does he use a PC or Mac....!

1. DavitosanX profile image60

God is so great he uses Linux, and everything works!!! (On a side note, so does Chuck Norris)

3. Ynys Dyn profile image59
    Ynys Dynposted 13 years ago

"When I go to http://hubpages.com/profile/jesus_christ it quite simply tells me:

Sorry, that user does not exist.

So there you go, explicit evidence that Jesus Christ does not exist."

As a devout Christian . . .

I found this hilarious. Kudos.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or that Jesus is walking the talk (and left the building)and left us all here to talk talk talk lol

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Yes he does but he hasn't done much since joining the site;

http://hubpages.com/profile/jesuschrist

tongue lol

1. profile image0
      zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's great.
      And you can even ask jesuschrist a question.
      lol

1. DavitosanX profile image60

You'd probably get the usual answer from him...

5. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Proof that Jesus Christ did not exist.

Jesus Christ whom Christians following Paul believe to be god or son of god never existed; it is a myth.

6. christiansister profile image61
    christiansisterposted 13 years ago

I am with Ynys Dyn, this thread has been good for a laugh out loud.
    Oh and Paar I am still waiting for your reply on the other thread. smile

7. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jesus the real man did exist; Christian wrongly mythified Jesus as god or son of god.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And your proof that he existed is?

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Creator-God mentions about Jesus in the truthful Word revealed; but Jesus is neither god nor son of god.

I asked for proof and you give me opinion. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image79
            kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

opinion? I wouldn't go so far as to call it something so substantial as opinion, more like myth hmm

2. vector7 profile image61

Over 22,000 written historical documents. (More than any other)

No denial by ANY major historical document, but rather verification from hostile sources, INCLUDING His miracles of which the Pharisees did not deny either nor did the Romans. (Which they certainly would if they could have, as they hated Him with a passion)

There's more but it's there to find for whoever..

smile

8. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Jesus as a normal man probably did exist, but at nothing more than that - myths and legends have elevated this ordinary guy to superhero/near god like status.

1. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right to some extent; Jesus has been drowned by the Christians in the seas of myths and legends.

Jesus was a real person; a slefless, a perfect and an innocent person; that is why he was chosen by the Creator-God whom he used to address as God-the-Father.

Cunning Paul and the sinful Church wove around the person of Jesus so many myths and legends that the true person of Jesus cannot be seen anywhere.

It is for this that the truthful Word revealed has given a real account of Jesus in Quran; and corrected they myths woven around him.

Jesus must be remembered; and for that his real life could be read from Quran; if one is interested; no compulsion though.

Thanks for the input

"Cunning Paul and the sinful Church"

We don't judge you, wonder why you judge us?

Thought God was the judge of sin?

Double standard maybe?

smile

9. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

Gosh, you can't even play without someone getting offended. I thought it was HILARIOUS!! And I'm a Christian.

10. skye2day profile image69
    skye2dayposted 13 years ago

Thank you Dave Mathews for sharing the truth. May God help those that mock Him. One day He will return and if you have made your decision in this lifetime then separation from God for eternity is your choice. God gives us free will to choose. He will never twist an arm. If you open the Blinds or take off the Blinders God is calling His creation to come to Him. He loves all people and will not give up on you unless of course you deny Him. He is sovereign and will try to bring you to Him.  God is not lost those that do not know Him are Lost. I think in every foxhole one will call to God. Make the decision today for your own eternal life for God. He is the King of Kings on the throne. He calls the shots. He calms the seas and he rages the seas. Wake up 'world' He is Love calling out. He created you, yes you for a reason. Do not be so narrow you believe that you or the 'world' has the answers. IF that were so we would not be in a heap of a mess as we are living today. There is an enemy that comes to steal, kill destroy. Are you giving Him the power to deceive you? Give God a try, you have nothing to loose except misery. I exalt the One True Almighty God who sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of the World. It is your choice. John 3:16.

1. profile image0
      lord danielposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes @sky2day dont mind this hubber he thinks its a joke  i as lord daniel i wud have to punish him for imaginning that with that gesture of his,he is a joker.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lollollollollollol

and I'm the Queen of England!
        http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f6/Blackadder_queenie.jpg/200px-Blackadder_queenie.jpg
        http://www.nttproductions.com/images/bapanel.jpg

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Skye, Amen! What a powerful message you have shared. God is truly the highest authority.

11. skye2day profile image69
    skye2dayposted 13 years ago

Lord GOD help Him. I will lift this young man in prayer. It is  a joke of poor taste, my little 'ole' opinion. GOD is not mocked!! I a sinner too am reminded I have shortcomings. We all fall short the Glory of God. I will continue to exalt the Lord God. We make our decision for eternal life in this lifetime.  God makes the mountains to move and the rivers to flow, the quakes to rumble and He can surely Roar. He sits on the Throne. He owns it all!! He is the author and finisher of our Faith. He cries out to the World. Come to me. His Grace is wearing a bit thin. If one looks out the window it is clear to see. Peace to You, lorddaniel.

12. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years ago

I personally find it funny as all get out - and I believe...lol  But, since you offer your proof, I offer mine...LOOK...

http://www.jesuschrist.com/

He has to exist if he has his own domain, right?

(Personally, I thought you posted it in fun, and that rather than mocking God, you were mocking those of us who are idiot enough to actually FIGHT about whether or not he exists)

smile

1. profile image0
      BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Damn! If only I would have registered that domain first.
      Is http://www.jesuschrist.org taken????

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.jesuschrist.org/

It does appear to be so, BonuBobu.  sad  No worries, I'm sure there's something out there that can still be snapped up!  Good luck!

13. vector7 profile image61
    vector7posted 13 years ago

For anyone looking to see if Christ Jesus resurrected, here's a page for you to check out:

http://www.leaderu.com/everystudent/eas … josh2.html

smile

1. profile image0
      BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is it a YouTube video???
      smile

Nope.

smile

2. pisean282311 profile image62

@vector7 if you would have born in iran you would have seen Ayatollah Khomeini face in moon...smile

3. Beelzedad profile image59

That is merely an arm of the "Campus Crusade for Christ" organization. They're not biased or anything. roll

However, let's look at the claims presented there:

"Here are some of the facts relevant to the resurrection: Jesus of Nazareth, a Jewish prophet who claimed to be the Christ prophesied in the Jewish Scriptures..."

Nazareth never existed during the time of the alleged Christ. Somehow, they missed that particular fact in their so-called proofs.

"A Roman guard of strictly disciplined fighting men was stationed to guard the tomb. This guard affixed on the tomb the Roman seal, which was meant to "prevent any attempt at vandalizing the sepulcher.

As we have said, the first obvious fact was the breaking of the seal that stood for the power and authority of the Roman Empire."

Yet, the seal was broken and the stone covering the entrance had been moved, despite the guard. No explanation of this occurrence is offered.

"As we have already discussed, another obvious fact after the resurrection was the empty tomb."

If the seal were broken and the stone removed, it would be obvious the tomb should be empty.

"Those who observed the stone after the resurrection describe its position as having been rolled up a slope away not just from the entrance of the tomb, but from the entire massive sepulcher. It was in such a position that it looked as if it had been picked up and carried away. Now, I ask you, if the disciples had wanted to come in, tiptoe around the sleeping guards, and then roll the stone over and steal Jesus' body, how could they have done that without the guards' awareness?"

Hilarious. The guards were sleeping? It is quite obvious they were probably bribed, or drugged or some other alternative explanation which is not offered.

"The fear of their superiors' wrath and the possibility of death meant that they paid close attention to the minutest details of their jobs.

Certainly the entire unit would not have fallen asleep with that kind of threat over their heads."

And yet, it was claimed the guards were sleeping despite their obvious duties. Once again, no other alternative explanations are offered.

"...there were the grave clothes, in the form of the body, slightly caved in and empty--like the empty chrysalis of a caterpillar's cocoon. That's enough to make a believer out of anybody."

It certainly would make a believer out of anyone back then, where superstitions and myths ruled the world. Again, no other alternative explanations are offered.

"Christ appeared alive on several occasions after the cataclysmic events of that first Easter ."

Claims such as these may very well have motives of deception or paranoia behind them. People today claim they see the Christ. So what?

"Then consider the theory that the body was stolen by the disciples while the guards slept. The depression and cowardice of the disciples provide a hard-hitting argument against their suddenly becoming so brave and daring as to face a detachment of soldiers at the tomb and steal the body. They were in no mood to attempt anything like that."

Hilarious. The argument here is based on a "mood".

Notwithstanding the fact that the Christ story is most likely a myth, it is riddled with explanations that are centered around biased belief and offer no other explanations that can't easily be refuted by a host of alternative explanations.

Clearly, a simple charade could have easily been perpetrated to fool the superstitious and myth addled mind into believing divine intervention. Obviously, the superstitious and mythical are alive and well in the so-called "Evidence for the Resurrection."  smile

It's a wonder you don't just send them all the email. It's like I posted it thinking it was impossible for them to simply click the thing. As if that wasn't the intention of the "link".

Amazing your so interested in wasting so much space.

No personal interest have we?

smile

14. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

so atleast hubpages could get it right...tongue

15. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

Can any of the Christian scholars here point out where in the Bible Jesus demands unrelenting sycophancy?

I seem to remember that he commanded his followers, in fairly certain terms, to take care of the poor, to not to judge others, to not be a hypocrite, to not bear false witness, to do good works.

I can't remember him saying anything about ignoring all of those things and instead to sing his praises constantly.

You make some good points. smile

"Can any of the Christian scholars here point out where in the Bible Jesus demands unrelenting sycophancy?"

Sure:

Matthew 10:38

38 "And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."
                                                                                 ~Jesus

Please show where I judged you, who I didn't help feed, when I gave a witness at all about anyone, and who I haven't told I love them which is good works along with other things you should have no clue about within my personal life..

And as for His praises, here's your verse:

John 5:23

23 "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him."
                                                                              ~Jesus

As for your judgement comment, that's often misquoted:

John 7:24

24 "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."
                                                                            ~Jesus

"I can't remember him saying anything about ignoring all of those things..."

You mean we are ignoring these things? Because I think that would be bearing false witness. If I'm wrong please prove your case and point.

And quoting a Bible you don't believe in is hypocrisy..

You make some horrible points.

smile

1. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what you meant by quoting Matthew 10:38.

I have no idea what you do in your personal life. I do know that most of the self-identified Christians I know are stingy, rail against the poor for being "lazy", don't donate to anything except their church, and there are plenty prominent ones here on HubPages who cast judgment and bear false witness. Maybe they're just bad Christians? Or is there something in the Christian Bible supporting such behavior?

I guess I can understand someone interpreting "honoring" as "obsequiously praising", especially if that person grew up being that way towards other authority figures in their life. Honoring can mean different things to different people, I suppose.

John 7:24 makes sense - judge using the right criteria, not by appearances. How many Christians avoid judgment by fellow Christians because they maintain the "right appearances"?

I'm also thinking of Matthew 7:1-5 and and (also along with the hypocritical bit) Matthew 23:25-28. Apparently Jesus was pretty clear that his followers should not judge, and especially in a hypocritical fashion. Are those Christians who are judgmental and/or hypocritical just bad Christians?

Quoting the Christian Bible is not hypocrisy. I'm asking for clarification. Maybe I should remind you again about the injunction against bearing false witness. Otherwise, you'll have to explain how pointing out inconsistencies in the behavior of (many) Christians and what the Christian Bible instructs Christians to do is bearing false witness.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60

livelonger, On another particular thread, You wrongfully accuse me of lying. I considered this bearing false witness. I am a honest person. Why do you feel entitled to use the word "most"? When I used the word "most", you felt  insulted. It is not casting judgement when one does not embrace sin. If I were to go into a store and steal a candy bar, I wouldn't expect for the whole world to accept it and support it as if it is right. I don't condemn homosexuals for the lifestyle they choose. I love everyone, and that includes homosexuals, but I will not accept wrong and justify it as right. Maybe you won't label this as hate speech. I love you. smile

You were confusing - either innocently or deliberately, I don't know - the terms "many" and "most", when you said that most gay people had been raped or molested. This is a verifiable claim, and one that you were unable to clarify (by saying "sorry, I meant 'many', not 'most'") or give proof for it. You did neither.

When I say "most of the self-identified Christians I know" means people I've met in person. I have known some Christians who are genuinely decent people, who follow all of what Jesus preached, not cherry-picking the parts that were convenient to them. They also don't spend time berating me for my own beliefs. Sadly, they are in the minority among those Christians I know.

I couldn't possibly care less if you think homosexuality is a sin. You can interpret scripture however you like...provided you're consistent. Would you be just as bold saying that you think divorce is wrong and that you won't accept it as right to a divorcee or someone who remarried? Jesus said nothing about homosexuality but a lot about divorce.

"They also don't spend time berating me for my own beliefs."
                                                                                      -livelonger

You mean like when you posted this about Christians???

""Can any of the Christian scholars here point out where in the Bible Jesus demands unrelenting sycophancy?

I seem to remember that he commanded his followers, in fairly certain terms, to take care of the poor, to not to judge others, to not be a hypocrite, to not bear false witness, to do good works.

I can't remember him saying anything about ignoring all of those things and instead to sing his praises constantly.""
                                                                                    -livelonger

smile

I'll underline it for you since you seem to like that.

I was criticizing the hypocritical behavior of the majority of the Christians I know, not their beliefs.

"majority of the Christians"

Unless you specify who is 'not' included. You are stereotyping me in with your group. I don't want to be stereotyped by what other people do.

I claim my own actions. Not others actions. Respectfully.

smile

"I do know that most of the self-identified Christians I know are stingy, rail against the poor for being "lazy", don't donate to anything except their church, and there are plenty prominent ones here on HubPages who cast judgment and bear false witness. Maybe they're just bad Christians?"
                                                                                               -livelonger

I do believe everything you have said, and much of what I haven't quoted has been passing judgement. Seemingly on Christians only.. Which is also stereotyping.  If your really asking if they're just bad Christians, I'll tell you this. They are hypocrites. Pharisees. They don't want to help people if they are like what you listed, and they certainly haven't the love of God in them.

And I love you livelonger. Serious.. I wish you didn't think all Christians were like that. I just don't like being picked on, and at that with the words of my own Savior... It's just not friendly. I don't ignore anything. I try diligently to follow the Word of God.

And I'll never, ever, ever stop praising Jesus Christ. I also have that right, and it hurts not a single person. If it offends you I'm honestly sorry.

smile

You seem like a generally reasonable fellow, but I have to wonder why you keep on twisting what I say. I don't want you to unnecessarily indulge in a persecution complex.

Let me clarify a few things you posted with the truth (which you can verify by carefully reading my prior posts):
                - I wasn't stereotyping. I was telling my experience with a majority of self-identified Christians that I know.
                - I don't think all Christians are like that. I said a majority were among those I know personally, and I was clear that there are a few Christians I know who are decent people and whom I respect.
                - I have no idea why you are taking my criticism of the majority of Christians I have met in person when I did not direct the original question to you. Do you know any of the people I know in person?
                - I never said obsequious praise of Jesus offended me.

It's important, even if you are touchy about your religion, to, if you choose to respond to a post, to read the actual post and respond to what's written, not what you would like to have been written.

That said, among the Christians I know, a majority are the "Pharisees" that you mention. That's terrific that you're not. smile

I love everyone livelonger. It's why I do what I do..

And of course because the God of love wants me too...

smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
                  Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see where everyones coming from (I think) and dont mean to simplify too much ,but the truth of the matter is there are wierd and wonderful people on both sides of the camp (pardon the pun) lol

And rightly or wrongly the majority of people expect Christians to always hold the high ground ,be the last ones to show any flaws or oddity. Definately Christians should never be seen to fall (which tells me,non-believers at least know of Gods laws)

Trust me they are not.
                  They can be stingy,mean and downright obnoxious. Every church has them. Ive met them. Maybe I was one at some time. Maybe I will be again. I hope not.

Christians decide to let Christ in -accept his teachings.

Are they perfect-Of course not,thats why they know they need Christ.

Now ,who is perfect?

Let you be the first to cast the stone then.

1. profile image0
                    Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

this has to be one of your best posts.

Agree there are good people and awful people on both sides.

What it comes down to though is differences of OPINIONS

2. livelonger profile image87

Are there only 2 sides of the camp? Only Christians and atheists? I know both dominate and are usually at war with each other here in the forums, but that's a pretty myopic view if that really is your view. I'm neither, personally.

I am not saying that I'm perfect (much less ready to start stoning anyone), nor that Christians all claim that they're perfect. What I'm saying is that most of the Christians I know - and plenty I see posting here in the Forums - spend most of their time talking about other people's sins and never those sins they or their loved ones commit. They also preach values that are antithetical (I mean absolutely diametrically opposed) to those espoused by Jesus. And yet they claim to be fundamentalists who respect and follow every one of Jesus's teachings.

You would think that homosexuality and atheism, based on these people's rantings, were the two sins that Jesus obsessed about. And yet they are completely and utterly silent on other sins that Jesus was explicit about, mostly because they're guilty of them or people close to them are.

I recognize that there are a few (like 5 on the entire planet) that really do put all of Jesus's teachings into practice. And, there are many Christians who focus on the general themes of love, kindness, tolerance, etc and don't get involved in chastising others for sins they've cherry-picked.

My criticism is leveled at those who are neither of these groups of people, but rather those who are, sadly, the majority of the people who proudly (and often loudly) identify as "Christian" that I've met.

3. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Eaglekiwi. I fully agree with your response. Very well stated. smile

3. Woman Of Courage profile image60

livelonger, No I wasn't confusing it. You just assumed I were. Please let me clarify exactly what I mean here. "Most gay people have been raped and molested." Not all of them, but most. These are people who I have met personally, and I have heard majority of homosexuals on television speaking out about being molested. If you feel entitled to rudely label me as a liar, then I can call you a liar by your statement which Vector outlined above. I choose not too. Where is your proof that most of the self-identified christians you know are stingy, rail against the poor for being lazy? Remember, you asked me for proof. I love you anyway. smile Have a good weekend.

You are still saying "most."

You are saying 51% or more gay people have been raped and molested.

You can say "most of the gay people I've met were raped and molested" which may be true. Is that what you're saying? Or are you stating a verifiable claim that more than 51% of gays on the planet  have been raped and molested?

Whew! You sure are giving me a hard time. Please read above. " These are people who I have met personally." No hard feelings, but I am done repeating.

OK, got it - you mean to say "Most gay people I have met personally have been raped and molested."

Understood. And have a nice weekend yourself. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
                    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most religious people I have met are scared.

As a matter of interest - how many gay people have you met? I do find it interesting that they share their intimate past with you so readily.

Not that I am calling you a liar or anything - just asking how many of these gay people that you have met personally have chosen to confide in you. I am assuming they all have.

You must have a lot of gay friends., Do you live in Key West?

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Those claims have been stated before by WoC and a number of sources were presented that clearly refuted the claims by a landslide. It certainly is dishonest to be presenting the claim again.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

vector, I fully agree with your response.

Thank you WOC..

Jesus has this one too.

Matthew 15:14

14 "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."
                                                                                         ~Jesus

smile

Agreed. You are welcome smile

16. profile image0
    Robin71posted 13 years ago

Hello,

Just a thought...If something never existed how can you have proof of it either way?

That doesn't make much sense.

Proof it does exist.

Proof it doesn't exist.

No proof of either exists.. If you have any kind of "proof" as these scientists define proof, please post it for all so we can verify your statement that God:

"never existed"

And Christ Jesus certainly existed. That's been a long time gossip.. No truth. Sorry.

smile

1. aka-dj profile image63
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think they're referring to a former Hubber, who is no longer here. hmm
        Dunno for sure though.

17. superwags profile image66
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

I think there's a fairly strong chance that Jesus never existed; there's no contemporary evidence for his life and almost all the writing comes from a much later date. He definately wasn't born or died the way that the bible tells us - we know this because the Roman records are pretty meticulous on this.

At the time that the Roman empire switched to Christianity I think it'd have been very appealing to make Jesus a central character because the Romans already had gods that were almost identical to Jesus. Certainly the dates of his birth and death are made to correspond with already existing pagan festivals.

Does this matter to believers? I'd be interested to know if you need Jesus to have really existed, or whether he acts as a kind of metaphor?

More denial..

The evidence is there. People just deny it.

Pliny the younger, Jocephus..  Look it up. And that's just two secular writers that verify Christ's existence.

And the Romans had nothing to do with Jesus for long awhile and never set Him as part of the Roman religion. If Jesus never existed His name would have died out a long time ago. The Romans considered old Religions to be respectable.. Not young ideas like Christianity. That's why they allowed the Jews to have their outward profession of Religion, because Judaism was long, long ago established prior to the Romans coming into view.

The Romans did not just "embrace" Christianity as you seem to make it look. Christianity undermined their own government. You think Caesar was going to be controlled by Christ's rules on life? Caesar would no sooner allow Romans to follow Christianity than would Herod the great.

And I'd love to see the Roman records your talking about on Christ's birth and death. Never seen such documents..

smile

Yes, that is the point, it has been researched, and neither Pliny nor Jocephus can verify the existence of someone who lived decades before they were born.

Do the names Zeus and Thor mean anything to you?

Of course not, no such documents exist. smile

Jocephus was born in 37 AD -- Pliny the younger was born in 23 AD..

Christ's crucifiction was in 33 AD.

Unfortunately your statements are completely false. Pliny the younger lived while Christ Jesus lived. And neither were born "decades" later as 4 years is hardly close to a decade.

smile

Did you just make that up or something?

Pliny was born in 62AD and Josephus 37AD.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top … he-Younger

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top … s-Josephus

Any more whopper tales to tell? They just keep on comin' one after the other.  lol

I certainly did mistake Pliny for the elder's birth year. Unfortunately your statement is still false and you have accepted it as Jocephus - 37 AD is far from being a decade... Let alone decades..

Speaking of whoppers.

smile

Really, so Josephus immediately took up to writing his works when he was born or did he do so decades later?

Jewish revolt of 66–70 and on earlier Jewish history. His major books are History of the Jewish War (75–79), The Antiquities of the Jews (93)

Whoppers indeed.

Denying your prior statements again?

smile

No, I was supporting them and refuting your fabrications, again. smile

2. superwags profile image66
        superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you're missing my point; I'm not trying to have an argument, just pointing out the evidence. I don't have an opinion of this other thn to say that it's probably as likely the Jesus didn't exist, as did. You don't need to have existed for a name to be carried down the centuries.

There's an awful lot in the bible that probably never existed; some of the more contentious ones are King David, the monotheistic nature of early judaism etc.

The Romans had a massive amount to do with the shaping of christianity - it was they who spread the religion to europe. It was also the romans who effectively compiled and heavily edited the bible. This is not contentious. They adopted the religion wholesale in about 300 AD. But they kept the same festivals and deities where they could as the early Roman gods. Mythros for example, is an earlier version of Jesus. The Romans were't stupid, they knew they'd have to make a whole nw religon as palatable as possible to their subjects.

If you don't want to hear the truth and the evidence for and against, just go to church and believe everything you hear. If you hang around on forums looking for evidence for and against, you may end up finding out stuff you don't wish to!

1. cascoly profile image60
          cascolyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hubs may not have JC, but we do have

<snipped link - do not promote your Hubs in the forums>

Good one! lol

18. profile image50
    shadokingposted 13 years ago

ISIAIh 41 BRING forth your IDOLS did they PREACH to you see they can't speak they can't DO ANYTHING all they do is cause confuson. Jeremiah 10 they nil hier IDOL down like a scarecrow it can't move cant speak can't move must be caried these are nothing but the WORK of CON men. Spalms 115 they have eyes but cant see ears but cant hear nose but cant smell and those that make them shall become like them.john 10 jesus christ sais his sheep hear his voice and another voice thy will not follow and if another person tries to preach to tem they WILL FLEE from him. jeremiah 5 the priests bear rule on thier own auhority what will you do whe your judged my word is not inside them. Now here is the kicker john 5 son of man voice goes back in time mathew 16 jesus christ claims to be th son of man.‎1 cor2 mind of CHRIST preached internlly and john 16 sais the spirit o ruth comes in the future. Ezekiel 13 lying prophets of ISRAEL my word is not inside them saying god sais god sais god sais wrote hoping mankind would CONFIRM thie WORDS. all of this is EASILY verifyable.

19. cdacoffee profile image69
    cdacoffeeposted 13 years ago

I'm glad you reinforced the idea that God is love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)