HOW CAN MAN BE SAVE?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (147 posts)
  1. owhorspecial profile image60
    owhorspecialposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7744076_f248.jpg
    In an era where it is kind of difficult to differentiate between professed Christians and unbelievers, it is quite essential we have a study on the foundation upon which Christianity is built (which is Salvation) ... God's Plan for salvation is that man be reconciled with him through Christ Jesus and that we all become proper individuals beyond the 'professing' of our mouths but by the way we live our lives; even behind closed doors, and yet we still find ourselves dealing with faulty foundations of salvation; and so we ask?
    How has man fallen and what is even Salvation?
    What if man refuses to accept Christ? Is there anyway man can be saved without Christ?
    People who have accepted Christ still find it difficult to be new creatures just like the Bible says and so on what grounds should man accept Christ?
    And if it is true that man needs to be saved, then

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, we do not need to be saved. Thanks.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We don't deal with faulty foundations of salvation because salvation isn't faulty.   It is only us humans who are faulty, and who always will be until we die.    We can be saved by believing in Jesus, giving our hearts to Him, confessing our sins, repenting, and worshipping Him who is perfect.   We are imperfect creatures serving a perfect God/Jesus.    We are only accounted as "perfect" because we've been covered in His perfect blood.

Please don't allow the naysayers to make you doubt.
      Jesus was real,  flesh and blood,  plus He was God in the flesh.
      He's not just a concept, an idea, a myth.   He was sent by God to actually die for the sins of mankind, to give them an opportunity to accept Him.
      Yes, we all need saving.    I'm a "whosoever".   Whosoever will believe in Him can be saved.   
      It's not about religion;  it's simply about recognizing that God is God and we are humans,  but that He loves us so much!!   
      Jesus is the only Way we can be saved.
      He is not Buddha, Hari Krishna, the Pope, or anyone except who He is---------the Creator, the Alpha, the Omega, the Savior, the Holy Spirit.   

It isn't difficult to be a new creature in His eyes!!   He covers us with His own blood, protects us, counts us as perfect, claims us for Himself!     
      Yes, we will always be fallible.  Yes, our attempts at becoming a "new creature" in our eyes is often a long road, a difficult one, a progressive one.   Yes, we must always strive for that final salvation until we die, because we know we're fallible.   But if we're sincere,  He will give us the courage and strength to continue on the right path.  He doesn't desert us.    He may, however, leave us to ourselves if we desert Him.

3. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Saved from what?

4. Zelkiiro profile image88
      Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You roll your d20. If the result is 10 or over, you made your save. If it's 9 or lower, you failed. You can only make your save once per turn at the end of your turn.

2. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

Yes, a study on the foundations of Christianity would be illuminating and a good thing to do.  Foundation stones like:
    The mass murders and destruction of the Crusades
    The torture and murder of thousands in the Inquisition
    The murder of "witches" in Christ's name
    The assumption that certain races are only semi-human and not deserving of acceptance.
    The assumption and declaration that half the species is inferior and need not be treated as equals.

The foundation of Christianity is comprised mostly of force and killing of those not agreeing with the demands of TPTB.  Thank goodness we have been saved from the horrors of the "saviors".

Has man "fallen"?  Well, we eliminated those earlier atrocities, but there are many left.  We're still working on the problem of gays (primarily opposed by those that would "save" us) and more work needs done on the immorality of treating women differently (again, mostly by the "saviors").  It would seem that man not only has not fallen but has risen above the "saviors" in case after case.  Mostly dragging those "saviors" along willy, nilly, and against their shrieking protests, but dragging them along in the long run. 

So you are going to have a tough time "saving" people using the foundations of Christianity.  A better idea might be to put your own house in order first and then work on saving people.  Learn that your belief in a centuries old myth holds no interest or value to many and quit trying to force it on people by physical force OR force of law.  Learn to treat others equally, regardless of their belief.  Learn that other belief systems are just as valid as your own and actually live that concept rather than just pay lip service to it.  Learn that repression, murder and degradation of people is not acceptable to modern civilized societies whether your myth claims otherwise or not.

You just might, then, be a little more successful in getting people to believe in your myth instead of their own.  Doubtful, but a better chance than saying one thing and living another.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

Humanity can be saved when it learns how not to be a collective asshat.

If Christianity can save people from being individual asshats and therefore contributing to the collective asshatery then I think that would be peachy.

Looking at the foundations of Christianity WOULD help, but only if you use them as examples of how NOT to act.

Unfortunately, finding Jesus has not removed the asshat tendency of any converts I've known.  It just gives them a biblical excuse for their behavior... because, let's face it, any personality trait can be found to be God-like or biblical when you verse-mine.

4. The0NatureBoy profile image56
    The0NatureBoyposted 11 years ago

Q) How has man fallen and what is even Salvation?
    A) Man have not fallen!  Existence designed it so every lifeforce goes through the process of experiencing every conceivable type of experience on earth, it's controlled by karma and reincarnation and lived as every life type on earth before incarnating as man designed to live in civilizations.  For that purpose the Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, in the Adam metaphor, was established to cause man to like and dislike half of all things causing the many different emotional states we encounter.  Therefore, salvation is when one has completed their earthen learning experiences, gone through a new birth or metamorphosis to obtain the powers the sons of god (Genesis 6:1-4) had and Jesus demonstrated (John 14:12). 

Q) What if man refuses to accept Christ?
    A) Once a man have completed their earthen experiences they can not refuse becoming anointed with the dominion powers of sons of god Jesus demonstrated, it's automatic and nothing anyone can do to start nor stop it.  That's why Revelation 22:11 was written saying He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still, everyone is to continue doing whatever their life require of them. 

Q) Is there anyway man can be saved without Christ?
    A) Christ is only the Christian term for becoming anointed, to actually become a buddha is another and there are as many different terms for it as there are religions.  Therefore, one can be saved without ever hearing the term christ because it is not any person they must know but a state of becoming by many other titles. 

Q) People who have accepted Christ still find it difficult to be new creatures just like the Bible says and so on what grounds should man accept Christ?
    A) Those who find it difficult to become a new creature have not actually been born again or gone through the metamorphosis, they are claiming something they don't know what it is to do.  Therefore, no one can accept christ without becoming christ.

1. Suzy Crumcakes profile image61
      Suzy Crumcakesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If I have to walk on water or change water to wine to be saved, I'm in trouble.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56
          The0NatureBoyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's only because of your belief that you are in trouble, there's no hell nor lake of fire to go to, they are metaphors for civilization. 

Fire is a purifier (see Daniel 12:10) and we continue to reincarnate on earth until we are actually born again with testimony of our conception, gestation, trivial, birth, childhood, adolescence and adulthood, if there be any, which is automatic once we have learned all our earthen experiences. 

Hell is nothing more than the emotional agony we have because not being able to see that the concepts of good and evil are nothing more than concepts and not a reality. 

Once we come to comprehend those facts life is a breeze on a summer's evening.

1. wilderness profile image93
            wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So if I recognize that the concepts of good and evil are merely concepts then I can be Christ, walk on water and avoid emotional agony?

But I've known that for years and years, still can't walk across the lake to my favorite fishing hole and felt terrible over Sandy Hook Elementary.

I don't think your system works very well for me.

But do you have a new birth with testimony of conception, gestation, trivial, birth, childhood, adolescence and/or adulthood?  That is the first most important part of it, what we understand must be after the new birth.

1. profile image0
                jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does one normally experience an orgasm before this New Birth?   

If the answer to that is "Yes," then is it a real experience, or just a sort of "virtual" orgasm like one would get off Cyberspace?

If the Politics and the Religiousity that reigns in the United States were to get together, go through such an orgasmic revolution; then procreate throughout the world, that would END our world for evermore.  No more worries, no more scandals, no more wars..... no more enjoying of a beautiful world like we have right now.

We had  better get to enjoying it before it's too late.

1. Cletus Jones profile image59
                  Cletus Jonesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0

Who knows?

2. The0NatureBoy profile image56

There's no such thing as luck, it's my destiny for that to happen, I'm a 28 year adolescent awaiting adulthood when I'll be able to do what Jesus did (John 14:12).

5. acts2and38 profile image60
    acts2and38posted 11 years ago

Are you asking or telling us? The fact is simply this. "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his cunning, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." (2 Corinthians 11:13) We all must follow the way and name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus began His ministry with being baptized. He was baptized not because of any sin he did, rather as our example in all righteousness and He's our Great High Priest. (Matthew 3:12-17; Hebrews 4:15) As we must also be baptized, after repenting from our ways to obey His way, because of our belief in Jesus, placing His name upon our hearts and lives. (Acts 2:38-22:16; John 14:6) Afterwards, as Christ was we will tempted by the evil one (Satan or the adversary of all of mankind). (Matthew 4:1-11; Corinthians10:13) Thereafter we are commanded or ordered by the Lord to preach and teach the gospel to everyone possible. (Mark 16:15-17; Matthew 28:20) The reason why most people do not continue in the word is because either they obeyed tradition of men (Matthew 4:4) instead of the Scriptures, or Satan has enticed them with the lusts and pride of this life. (1 John 2:15-17) Yes, there have been many who killed calling themselves Christians, but they were not. They were imposters. Jesus Himself said that you would know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7) "But all these things will they do unto you for my name's (Jesus) sake, because they know not him that sent me." (John 15:21) Today the Trinitarians still persecute all who uplift the name of Jesus. In the past, through the Inquisition, Acts of Faith (Auto de Fe) and Hitler (The Pope had a agreement with the Nazis in 1933), the trinity holders have eliminated over 68,000,000 people. These are the one who Jesus said would: "These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me." (John 16:1-3) Jesus already forewarned us of these men, thereby avoiding offense because the knowledge of God frees you from both sin and Satan. Remember, he that is of God hears His words. Nothing here is of my own will, rather search the Scriptures for yourself like Bereans to verify the truth. Save yourself from this untoward (God) generation.

Now that you have given the verses, will you explain them in layman's terms so we can know you understand what they are meaning?  It's easy to regurgitate what one have learned from a book or teacher (Isaiah 28:9-13) but can you paint us your own understanding of what they mean?.

1. acts2and38 profile image60
        acts2and38posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok, layman's terms. In a nutshell if by belief you have not obeyed the instruction of Jesus and delivered through His Apostles by being baptized into the name of Jesus, you are still in unbelief, unregenerated and not born-again by the water and Holy Spirit. Your lost according to Jesus and all of His disciples. Too easy.

OK, I needed to know if you were only regurgitating what you had read or realized their meanings, so many do, I'm sure you know.

2. ForEverVirtuous profile image61
      ForEverVirtuousposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The person that needs it in 'layman's terms' gives these two answers..hmm.., 'Man have not fallen!  Existence designed it so every lifeforce goes through the process of experiencing every conceivable type of experience on earth, it's controlled by karma and reincarnation and lived as every life type on earth before incarnating as man designed to live in civilizations.  For that purpose the Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, in the Adam metaphor, was established to cause man to like and dislike half of all things causing the many different emotional states we encounter.  Therefore, salvation is when one has completed their earthen learning experiences, gone through a new birth or metamorphosis to obtain the powers the sons of god (Genesis 6:1-4) had and Jesus demonstrated (John 14:12).  AND this: Once a man have completed their earthen experiences they can not refuse becoming anointed with the dominion powers of sons of god Jesus demonstrated, it's automatic and nothing anyone can do to start nor stop it.  That's why Revelation 22:11 was written saying He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still, everyone is to continue doing whatever their life require of them. 

Let's be real...that's all I'll say. It seems that you are intelligent enough to comprehend exactly acts2and38 said...

I asked for "acts 2 and 38" to show me he/she know what it means, I didn't say I didn't know what it means, For Ever Virtuous.. 

I also wonder if he/she know what the words in the name of Jesus Christ means in layman's language.

6. ForEverVirtuous profile image61
    ForEverVirtuousposted 11 years ago

'In the name of Jesus' means you are doing something with the given authority, will, and power of that name (which God gave him), not by your own.

"In the name of Jesus" means Jesus is a pseudonym for the 2 messiahs the Bible prophesied to come, the "rod from the stem of Jesse and the branch from his roots" (Isaiah 11:1-12) with the Root being destined to come about the time Israel was restored the second time, 1948, which means he is already here.  The term of in that phrase suggest it's not the actual name but a pseudonym, the person recorded as bringer of the gospels would not have had a Greek nor Roman name, which Jesus is of one, most likely Roman since Constantine, a Roman, spread it through his crusades as Revelation 6:2 foretold.  Revelation 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow {weapon}; and a crown {gospel about Jesus} was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.  Constantine went out with the gospel about Jesus and if the people didn't accept it he killed then until they did, then the Catholic Church followed suit and now the Beast is doing it using Christian evangelists and the United States' military as the weapons.

1. ForEverVirtuous profile image61

If you're alluding to someone who was supposed to be follower (Constantine) of Jesus or belief in the faith but yet persecuted people until they believed. Let's remember the great  Apostle Paul who was once named Saul, a killer of churches, men, and women who professed belief in God. It was his main goal at one time. BUT even one who used to be a murderer and persecutor of those who didn't believe as he did (he was a non-believer) came to the knowledge of Christ and His salvation. I believe that even an atheist when the time is right and they are willing to walk in the Light and receive the truth, which is Jesus, they can receive salvation. And now I permanently digress.

It was my time when I became spiritually conceived, gestated, travailed, born, a child and now 28 years an adolescent, that only comes to those who believes Jesus enough to follow his teachings and example.

If anyone refuses Jesus; either in word or deed, then your own sin be upon you. You wanted the truth (Jesus said the truth will set you free) and I gave it to you. You do not have Jesus. He said: "I AM the way (singular), the truth and the life; no man can come unto God except by me." (John 14:6) Your telling your relying on your own self-righteousness, and not His righteousness and covering to be saved from that is already coming upon ungodly and unreasonable men, who refuse God's word. No Jesus, no life, way or truth. Know Jesus, know life, way and truth. So, you refuse Him that speaks from earth then He that speaks from heaven (God) will allow your sins to be open on judgment day. God will cast all those who refuse to believe and act upon His word to serve the eternal penalty of their sins, an eternity in the lake of fire awaits those refuse and rebel. Sorry, but I'm done explaining the truth to some who wishes to remain willing ignorant of reality. Grow up and became a helpful person by saving those around you instead of playing words and denying the only true God, the Lord Jesus Christ. I already that you have a reprobate spirit about you, it's evident in your words and attitude. Goodbye.

I'm so pleased you are so righteous you are qualified to judge me, I didn't judge you, why would you me? 

Go in joy and peace .

No nobody is righteous, not you and not me. I am not judging by my standards but by the word of God. It judges us all. (Matthew 7) The judgment of God is already upon me and all of the house of God now, so we don't have brought upon us later. As all have sinned and come short of perfection. However, God offered a free gift of salvation and a way (Jesus) out of dying eternally. I chose the covering of Christ, but you rejected it. That's your decision. Right or wrong take and live it. However, there is a judgment day coming for all deeds done in the body. You know how to pass that exam, but instead of using the material (Bible/Scriptures) which guide you into the promise and provision you foolish reject help. Ok. I get it. You want to do it alone on your self-righteous way. Fine. But cry like your are now when it goes sour on you. You go in your joy of folly and sin for a season, as I depart in the peace of Christ. Bye.

You judged me based on your interpretation of the book (Isaiah 29:10-11), not on what the spirit say through it. 

Again I say, go in joy and peace.

Wrong again. I used Scripture to judge, which shall judge - and already does judge me, the whole world. There is no private interpretation of Scripture. He that has the spirit of God or is spiritual judges all things. You must judge all things by the word of God that pertain to this life and the next. Since you lack the spirit of truth and righteousness, you make excuse and fail. Go in your sin as there is no peace to the wicked. All who reject God are considered by HIM to be wicked. And the whole world lies in wickedness. Christians are in the world but not of it. But continue on with your vain babblings please.

2. kess profile image61
                  kessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you are not righteous, then what are you?

Unrighteous....?

Even your judgement of yourself unto yourself is correct, if you would believe it....
                  when you do you would see the need to repent and become righteous.

...until then you stand in unbelief against your own judgement of self unto self.

2. acts2and38 profile image60

The name of Jesus means in the name of Jesus. Exactly that and no more and no less. If Paul told us all to do everything with His name (Col 3:17). And Peter told us that no other name saves (Acts 4:10-12). And Jesus said that He alone had all power or authority, then we must obey every word of God and do all things in the name of Jesus. In order to be sure, we must have the Lord Jesus Christ as our foundation. No other title or name can take it's place to include the titles father (Jesus came in the father's name -Jo 5:43), son (Jesus was named so in Matt 1:21), and the Holy Ghost/Spirit (only comes or is sent in Jesus' name). Thus we must have Jesus or have traditions. Col 2:8-10. Argue with Jesus and not about this.

Then why are there so many Old Testament prophecies of 2 messiahs?  You have not an ear to hear what the spirit say, I don't believe because of your ignoring how the spirit fore told the events.  Why was his name not an Hebrew name when both of his parents were Jews?  What you are saying and what the tests are don't agree.

1. profile image53
          Robertr04posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow. I asked that same question 5,6 months ago. Why does a Hebrew 'god' have a Greek name? No one answered me. Do you know?

1. kess profile image61

God is neither Hebrew or Greek....

His form will take the form of the one protraying him, whether that one be  be Hebrew, Greek or Chinese

1. profile image53

I was speaking of 'Jesus'. Some Christians believe he is god. Do you? I'm not sure what form He (Creator) will take. All I know is the remnant will consist of many races, ethnicities, and nations.

1. kess profile image61

Fair enough but still The same applies.

The Veracity of Jesus The Christ, lies in the integrity of the Man not in the name by which men may refer to him.
                Who men say he is does not necessarily have a any bearing on who the actual man is.

He call himself by a name that no man can know,
                And the Man who knows that name,
                would know  himself as that man.

1. profile image53

But would that not depend on if 'Jesus' was the Savior?

1. kess profile image61

Jesus as savior  can mean everything anything and nothing.....

So answering yes or no does not necessarily say anything.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image56

Yoshua, called Jesus in scripture, is not god, his own words say he is a son of god (John 10:36) and everyone who believed he did what's written about him will also be (John 14:12).  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. is one answer. 

Another is the name Jesus is a pseudonym for both messiahs, there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots, Yoshua called Jesus was the Rod messiah and whoever, Eliyehu? coming in the last days will be  the Branch.  Eliyehu will be the prophet like unto Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15 & 18) and Yeshua's words in John 14:2&3, In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
            And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
            makes him the prophet like unto Joshua, what his name would actually have been.

1. profile image53

I can agree with you as 'Jesus' not being 'god'. That's clear. I'm having problems understanding the next part. Zech.6:11,12 explains the Branch. Yahusha had the same name as the son of Yahutzdak (Josedech), which is Yahusha (Joshua), who was the high priest. Who is Eliyehu?

Yoshua is my attempt to find the actual Hebrew word for Joshua and Eliyehu is Hebrew for Elijah who is to come during the great and dreadful day of the lord (Malachi 4:5-6). 

When we look at Isaiah 11:1-12 we find verses 2-5 using him for both the Rod and Branch coming out of  Jesse, thus, Zachariah 6:11-12  is doing the same with branch because verses 10-12 say the root, referring to the branch, will be to the gentiles arriving about the time Israel was restored the second time, 1948, which make him be on earth today already.  It's that no one except himself, I suppose, know he is the one until he manifests as (Malachi 3:1) the Lord, whom ye seek, {who} suddenly come(s) to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in.  That's what Yoshua is referring to in Matthew 24:36-39, no one will believe he is here until he enters whatever the "his temple" represents.

Let's end this and say you don't believe in Jesus..therefore you can't receive the truth associated with him no matter how hard you try of your own carnal attempts. No need to analyze if you're not gonna believe anyway. Christianity is a religion based on FAITH. If you don't have it, you can perceive anything the Bible says, you may as well stop while you're ahead. That's why Jesus said he spoke in parables to some but to His disciples he would explain the parables. Many times he spoke to the Pharisees and religious teachers and priests (as you're acting) who would always analyze and express their disbelief in Him and what and who He represented. Case closed. Move on.

I meant to say that if you don't have FAITH, you CAN'T perceive or understand anything the Bible speaks or teaches about.

2. Zelkiiro profile image88

If you truly believe in Jesus, where's your sword? How many government figures have you beheaded lately? None? Jesus (and his Sicarii and Zealot followers) would be sorely disappointed with you.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image56

Who told you I don't believe in the person the pseudonym, Jesus, represents? 

Christianity's book say Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen and means one has to work and find substance and evidence to support beliefs, faith is not blind as Christian's teach. 

I'm more like Jesus than the Pharisees and religious teachers, Christians are more like them, but seldom can one see themselves clearly.  I can and will discuss so long as anyone is willing to discuss with me if we don't keep saying the same things.  Those who think Jesus is the answer and they haven't reasoned upon any other truth need to move on.

2. profile image53

Zech.6:11,12, this Scripture  indeed speaks of Mashyach and even gives His Name as the Branch. Am I correct, you are saying He has already returned? Weren't we warned  about this Matt.24:26. No one knows, not even Himself when He will return Matt.24.36. There is only one temple now. The earthly temples were copies. Given the various spellings of the original name of Joshua and the fact that there were four men who bore the same name as the coming Mashyach, we must remember that the prophecy was concerning the Yahusha (Joshua) in Zech.6. Yahuah said the Mashyach would have the same name as Yahusha son of Yahutazdak, not Yahusha son of Nun (whose name was later shortened to Yeshua/Joshua). In Deut.32;44 and Num.13:8, we can read the original name of Joshua the son of Nun Hoshea or Hosea, the same as the prophet Hosea. In verse 16 of Numbers chp.13 Moses changed the name Husha (original name of Joshua) to Yahusha. Which is to say Yah is Deliverer?Savior.

My error, I meant Yahusha, I said in my above post Branch when I meant to say Yahusha the son of Yahutazdak in Zachariah 6:11 is being used like like the the word him in Isaiah 11:2-5,  it used the single form of the pronoun him while talking about more than one person. 

Yes, the one whose prophetic name is Branch should have been here since sometime around May 1948 when Israel became a corporate nation.  The new testament, in 1 Peter 2:5, tells us the temple the Branch/Eliyehu will build will be with the bodies of man Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ .  For some reason Emmanuel's definition has been changed from in man is god into god with man so once Eliyehu, the Branch, manifests everyone who receives him will demonstrate god being in man.  I know Yoshua means Yah is Savior and is what the New Testament's Jesus would have been.

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

BY CAPITAL LETTERS

8. ForEverVirtuous profile image61

You only want to quickly get another text or 'opinion' because the Bible, the living word speaks for itself and condemns and reproves you. And that 'scares' your thinking, so you then feel the need to say that the Bible is not a 'scholarly text.' The Bible is actually one of the most scholarly books ever produced and is read by believers and unbelievers all over the world. That can't be said of A LOT of books. But anyway, you acknowledge without acknowledging that what you read is true but not truly receiving it.

1. Zelkiiro profile image88

"The Bible is actually one of the most scholarly books ever produced"

Sounds like someone doesn't know what "scholarly" means.

Let's keep the debate centered. And TWO times I say, the practice of Christianity is based on YOUR FAITH (not science or scholarship although it bears scholarly attributes. The bible is the scholarly source for believers and is the proof for unbelievers who would dare to believe in the truth it gives).

And lets keep this debate centered as it wasn't about whether the bible is scholarly or not if you refer to my previous replies where I present scripture on 'proving who Jesus was and that He is real' and also presenting the argument that those like you aren't able to receive the Bible or its truth anyway because you reject it, because you lack faith. So there's no need to keep talking about this further, because you're only going to keep rejecting anything related to the Bible and who Jesus is and was.

And how are you so sure your fairy-tale book is any more true than anyone else's fairy-tale book? What if the Mahabharata is the actual word of truth and you denied its contents? Do you have any evidence to prove that it isn't?

Your word for today and the days henceforth is FAITH. Faith. Faith. Faith!!!! I will no longer 'debate' with you on this. I love you with the love of Christ. Goodnight.

2. A Troubled Man profile image57

I couldn't agree with you more. It shows.

It's also very disturbing.

9. ForEverVirtuous profile image61

Again, one you don't know me personally (so you're not able to see my physical 'works'). But the evidence in how one's life changes. For example, someone who used to be addicted to drinking and other destructive things. When they receive salvation, some immediately or slowly give that addiction up because of the power of God working in their life to help them rid themselves of said destructive behavior. THAT is the evidence and proof. I can speak for myself, I used to curse, drink, and do other immoral things but when I decided to really live for God and be serious about accepting Jesus in my life, that ALL changed. This is not a claim of perfection, but proof that through grace we are able to be perfected and live a life unbound to the sin and destructive things of this world. I'm a living witness and evidence that God is real and He is still changing lives.

That statement by Jesus in Matt 19:21 was specifically addressed to the rich man. He had many possessions and he was asking about what he had to do to receive eternal life. First Jesus told him he need to keep the commandments and the rich man replied that he did. So then Jesus told him as an act of faith in really following Him, to see where his heart and treasures really were, to sell all his possessions...however the rich man was saddened by that because it had a lot of stuff! This means that in reality his possessions he had were more important than following Jesus. His riches were still a god to him, for the Bible says we are to put no other gods before him or above him. So then the rich man was not ready to forsake all to follow Jesus, he still had a hidden god of money and possessions and could not fully and whole heartedly follow Jesus. For instance, I'm not rich and I'm in a financial rut but that doesn't mean I'm going to become a drug dealer and do immoral things like stealing just to fill that emptiness of the lack of money. No! I remain faithful to God and still follow Him. I could say God is the reason for my financial difficulty and that God isn't real and all these other things. But when I chose to follow Jesus, I had grace knowing that I meant it for good whether I had a lot of money or little money. And by God's grace and my faith in Him, I'll continue to follow Him.

Sorry, but many also don't give up their drinking or other destructive things, that is not evidence or proof of anything.

In other words, you already had decided to give up drinking, etc. entirely on your own. YOU did that, no one else.

That's just plain silly. You are not evidence of any gods existence.

Yes you can, and it is just as invalid as your other claims of proof for Gods existence.

10. ForEverVirtuous profile image61

You totally missed everything I said. I told you what my evidence is..in my testimony. I don't have an obligation to prove anything to you for only God judges me, however I always do pray that I am a living epistle in the eyes of those around me, doing what I proclaim. Whether you want to believe I'm no longer the person I used to be as a result of Christ in life is on you. This is pointless. And I won't read any hypocrisy. Thanks but no thanks. Good bye, for good. Argue with yourself.

1. JMcFarland profile image69
      JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol how christ-like of you, all under the guise of self-righteousness.

I'm not self-righteous. My confidence is in what God can do and not myself so I boast in God and God alone and His grace. Thanks.

yeah, and how exactly do you know that "god" saved you - and if in fact your god did save you, how do you know which one?  there are thousands of proposed gods.

It doesn't take a god to save someone from drinking.  Thousands of people do it all the time, without the need for a god.  Do you claim, therefore, that god listened to your prayers and delivered you from self-destructive behaviors that were triggered by your actions, but ignores the prayers of starving, abused and helpless children?  What kind of god is that?

Isn't a true christian's mission to be humble and not boast at all?  I don't recall christ boasting, and he was supposedly the son of god.  Yet he was humble.  Maybe he boasts in the English version of the bible.  I typically only read the greek and latin versions - you know, the ones that the bible was actually written in so I may be missing something in the umpteenth translation.

Anyway, look it up here where the Bible tells Christians only in what they should boast in, 1 Corinthians 1:31 "Therefore, as the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD." That is why I said, if I boast I only boast in the LORD, not myself. And yes, I PROCLAIM that God delivered me from self-destructive behaviors. And God being all-knowing, why don't you take up those other questions to God for yourself. And why you're at it, you can take it upon yourself to give to charities and help the poor you speak of. Everyone brings that up, but wouldn't dare want to be poor themselves or put themselves in a position to help. Though I know that there are those who dedicate their lives to helping the poor.

1. profile image0
              Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

AMEN.

2. JMcFarland profile image69

I do, actually.  We go every Sunday to deliver food to the homeless, and we don't hold their meals hostage until they sit through a sermon first.  We just feed then.

I have asked god, back when I used to believe in him.  As a graduate with a degree in theology, I recognized throughout the course if my studies that it was worthless.  Christians are supposed to be able to give anyone that asks a reason for the hope that they have.  You attribute your success to god, but I can't see why.  How do you know that, not only did a divine entity help you, but which god that divine entity was.

First I commend you, great job (if that's the pat on the back you need, however, that's still a good thing). But anyway I attend a church also where we give food to those less fortunate, and we DON'T 'make them sit through sermons to get food.' If they want it, they can get it, that's it. And if they want further help than that like spiritual help through prayer, they can get that too. So don't assume, that I'm apart of that making people hear a sermon before they can get food. And I understand that many, if they're not strong in their faith, and go beyond just what their learning in class, that whatever beliefs in God they once had are destroyed. That was a person decision for you to no longer believe. You simply have that choice and I have emphatically have mine...and will keep it. Thanks for the reply. I love you with the love of Christ.

You're just not going to answer my question, are you?

AND to answer your question, I know it was God Almighty because of my personal relationship in getting to know God and continuing to get to know Him. And also based upon the changes that He's made in my life (my personal experience) when I prayed, he answered my prayers! That's how I know. And the foundation is FAITH, and faith alone. Neither will I insert a scripture as that would be useless with you. But again, I say, I choose to believe in God  (and again that's through my faith in God alone and evidence He's produced in my life) and you choose not to. That's your choice. You can question me all you want but that doesn't intimidate me neither will it change my personal testimony of who God is. And I will not try to change your choice as you have a right to your own choice. All I can simply do is stand upon what and upon who I believe without wavering. Again, I love you with the love of Christ. Have a great day.

Testimony is only valid when it is supported by evidence. By itself, testimony is invalid, for a number of reasons.

If testimony is invalid, then why do we have 'star witnesses' in court even with concrete evidence. Having evidence circumstantial evidence doesn't prove a case, but it's often personal witness WITH evidence that wins a case. I'm sure you're familiar with that. And while you're at it, yes, I know that we don't have a perfect justice system. But use that example as an answer to your statement.

Eyewitness testimony is never trusted on is own.  You done have just one witnesses, you have to have multiple witnesses to describe the same event BECAUSE eyewitness testimony is do notorious and subjective.  Testimony without evidence is worthless, and any judge or lawyer would tell you that.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Eye witness testimony is frequently accepted on its own.  People are convicted on this basis every minute of the day.

Where in this country has someone been convicted solely on the testimony of one witness with no other testimony or corroborating evidence?

Louisiana, I was convicted without any evidence because they wanted to control me and I refused to allow it.  the officer accusing me was the only witness and it was all lies.

Give me a case name/number to back up that claim in a criminal trial.  I find that incredibly hard to believe

I Don't have it because it happened when I was a nomad and the papers have disappeared, but it did happen and I served 3 years in the pen behind it.  They have expunged all 20+ railroading trials except one was in the USA Today, here is what it read because the people keeping my site saw it and put it on my site. 

USA TODAY
                    Friday, December 1, 2000
                    Louisiana
                    Ruston - A man who wears only cutoff shorts will spend almost a year in jail for improper use of the Grambling State University computer lab. Authorities said Elijah Alexander was caught repeatedly using computers, even through he had been told not do to so. The lab is restricted to GSU students; Alexander isn't enrolled.
                      Those charges was trespassing but GSU is an open university which the law says such labs are also for public use.  All around the nation I used them but Grambling wanted to be different.

Notice I said WITH, a case is stronger WITH evidence AND testimony often times.

3. psycheskinner profile image83

In courts every day.  A person says someone robbed, assaulted, or raped them while nobody else was around.  Someone matching the description is detained and identified from a line up.  They are believed, the person is convicted. It is routine.

Too bad we don't have anything like forensic science or deductive reasoning or investigations to serve as evidence--oh, wait...

Forensics are hardly every actually used even in homicides, that's more of a TV thing.

I have sat on two juries and in both cases the only evidence was what the victim said.

Exactly, and the jury must believe the story and convict only beyond a reasonable doubt. A case must still be made not just on testimony but corresponding evidence. Many times, when you have an eyewitness plus evidence then the person in question is likely convicted unless some protocol has been forgoed such as violating the defendants rights in some way during the prosecution process or initial arrest. So again I say and we all know that eyewitness and personal testimony WITH evidence makes a case more convincing. But even if there's no concrete evidence that can be found that they can prove all the jury has to go on is the testimony and story surrounding the case. The jury then really has to make the decision beyond a reasonable amount of doubt. This is where human intuition comes in making this decision on reasonable doubt. Many times our instincts are right when we feel something just isn't right about something. So in a case where there's on several witnesses and not enough concrete evidence, a person in question can be persecuted based on those witnesses testimony and the jury's belief or faith in what they believe really happened. So, in saying all that I rest my case on whether testimony is a valid tool as opposed to just evidence or even evidence and testimony in proving whether my testimony or any other Christian's testimony can be used as 'evidence.'

Incorrect.  The jury can make the decision based on one person's testimony alone.  Sometimes that other evidence just doesn't exist.

Do you let the robber off because the shopkeeper was alone and had no camera? Do you let a rapist off just because he was careful? If the victim can identify him and is credible, no, you convict the criminal.

There isn't a single Christian who could stand up in court with personal testimony of their gods existence and it would be valid. Not a chance.

And you are right, it does help to have more that one testimony/witness. There are many others like myself who will give you testimony and evidence of God's life-transforming power for them.

Fine, but do you actually think a jury is going to accept your testimony? Not a chance.

11. Alexis Pedrico profile image45
    Alexis Pedricoposted 11 years ago

I wanted to say something but it will take too long for here.  I cannot post a link here so kindly use google and type this.   (Salvation, HIS standard vs. our standard.)  its my article on zujava.. Thanks i'll be glad to see your comments there.

I agree, we have OUR standard of salvation many times, but the true meaning and terms is laid out before all who dare to believe it and read it from themselves.

12. ahmadj3 profile image59
    ahmadj3posted 11 years ago

In the Name of God Most Gracious, Most Merciful,

What is salvation if not God, through His mercy, forgiving the person. Even if he did sin God found him to be always returning to God seeking His forgiveness. After all isn't that what heaven is. God's ultimate and eternal forgivness. As a Muslim, I don't believe that God's forgivness, and the salvation that would come from it has illogical requirenments to it. For example, in Christianity salvation comes about simply from believing that Jesus ( who they claim is God incarnate, an anathema concept in Islam) died on the cross for the original sin of all mankind. They claim anyone who believes this is 'saved'.
    The problem with this is that it goes against the universal principle that God is eternal, and as such so are all of His attributes. His Mercy, which extends to all of creation and never changes. Another problem is limiting God by giving Him ( Glorified is He) attributes befitting of something He (swt) created.
    In Islam, salvation is made a little simpler to understand devoid of confusion. Since God created all of mankind, it would be logical to say that He made salvation understandable for all, regardless of thier level of intellect and learning. Muslims worship only One God, who is unlike anything in creation. When we do commit sin then we turn to God in sincere repentance, and it is God alone who forgives sins. As Allah in the Qur'an instructs Muslims to say, " In You do we trust and Your aid do we seek." ( Al Fatihaah 1:4)

1. Alexis Pedrico profile image45
      Alexis Pedricoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't judge anyone brother.. But I want you to see this, If you we're born a Buddhist, ( you were probably raised as a Buddhist and will die as a Buddhist, you will even fight for what you believe - right?) now., if you were born a Christian, a Muslim, or any religion you will do the same right?. Now, anyone will fight for what he believes right? And will surely say that we were right and they were not.

Here's the point I would like you to see. - if you were born on a different religion you will not probably know who's right or wrong.
      What should you do then?

YOU MUST HAVE A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF EACH RELIGIONS DOCTRINE, HISTORY, AND FACTS.  THEN COMPARE WHICH IS TRUE. YOU MAY NOW SEE WHO IS TRUE THEN.

Because, We have been given a free will to do so. Now, if we will end in HELL we will no longer have the reason to complain that we have been not told of the truth. Because finding the truth is not a joke. There are 7 Billion People in this world today, 2 Billion of which are Muslims and 2 Billion are the Christian. Now if 2 Billion would be saved, why are we sitting pretty here?? 5 BILLION PEOPLE WOULD BE LOST ! isn't that enough to break your heart?

I don't want to debate, or treat you as enemy, we should be helping each other and loving each other as GOD loves you, you should learn to love others also.  So please don't get me wrong..

I will boldly say that religion will not save anyone..

WHY?

Even in any other form of religion everyone is committing sins. People from yours and ours KILLS each other, STEALS on each other, HURTS each other. WE go to our respective churches or temples but we don't change anything, we learn from our elders but when we go outside nothing is changed. WE still speak lies, we still speak bad about others, we mock, we murmur, we say vulgar, nonsense and bad words. Now is the Lord willing to accept those person on heaven? certainly not.

It is true that only GOD could save us, i agree. But lets see this fact. WHOS GOD IS TRUE?  now we should all make a research of all the facts and details on how each religion started and what is the difference between those religion and ours, let us seek the help of GOD sincerely and if HE will see it, HE will certainly open our eyes to the truth.

Just like what i've did, It took me a year to research and I was shocked on what I have learned. I changed the way I am , because this world is being deceived by the devils.

That has been done many times over with the same result each time, none of them are true. They are all myths.

lol

nah.. are you sure? have you examined what results that those 7 Billion people each had? ask them one by one and tell me if some have found whats true or nobody had found .

So far, no gods have shown themselves. What can we conclude about that?

This will take us to a long long debate that even this forum will not be sufficient. I'll just take it this way.

Study how the country Israel started, seek history books and facts and you will find out why. As each country has its own given history according to facts and written datas, probably Israel also has. smile

So what? Do you have a point here? How does studying the history books and facts about Israel going to help? They will do nothing to support your argument at all.

2. ahmadj3 profile image59
          ahmadj3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I, in no way intended to offend anyone. I wasn't born Muslim, I was raised Christian. I'm merely stating the truth as I came to see it. Of course people are free to choose.

Lost from where? Surely, most of those 5 billion people can find their way back home.

To further explain my part smile just like what I have said we are free to choose and we don't need to argue but to help each other to see the truth. I would like to recommend a good read. Search how RANDALL NILES a former atheist was converted into Christianity. and how a former skeptic , cambridge proffessor C.S. Lewis was also converted to Christianity. smile

It will be a challenge to read that.. Please do.

Sorry, but those books will not show me any truths. I read Lewis' nonsense, he doesn't have a leg to stand with his feeble argument.

We're trying to help you see reality, rather than cling to false truths.

13. Alexis Pedrico profile image45
    Alexis Pedricoposted 11 years ago

I also recommend Y jesus . com, but not all these read will be leading to truth. Randall Niles in my opinion was more accurate coz he is an archeologist who studied the origin or Bible, Israel, and many more.

Fine, but look up Matt Dillihunty, Dan Barker, Bart Ehrman, David Fitzgerald, David Smalley etc - all former christians (several headed for the ministry) who are now atheist activists and authors.

Ok lets take it to this. Read the whole posts of Randal Niles in His website and his videos available at the net and I'll read and listen to those you have mentioned. Let's see..

If I will be convinced, I will join Atheism and will blog it.  Let's see if who will be convinced. smile

but I have read a lot of Randall Niles.  I have seen a lot of  his videos.  I'm still an atheist.  What's your point?

Deleted

1. Soul Man Dancer profile image60
              Soul Man Dancerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't waste your breath.

2. JMcFarland profile image69

enough sins?  Not really.  I don't believe that human beings are inherently "sinful" and outside of a magical super-being's grace and mercy so that they need to be covered in blood and symbolically eat flesh and drink blood in order to make them good enough for their "creator" to love them.

Deleted

lol so glad i don't base my reality on your opinion.

Deleted

2. profile image0

To thou who joined a short time ago, "....so the whole thing is an exercise in futility."

2. Jerami profile image58
                Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hope no one sees me doing this  “agreeing with an atheist” lol       but I gotta agree with that comment as I understand it any way.
                What did Jesus say about the man that was in church,  thanking the Lord for not making him a sinner like that other fella “over there” Jesus said something to the effect that “That sinner over there” was more righteous that he.  We have to be very careful (each and every one of us) cause it is SOoo easy to do and not even know that we are doing it,  that we not be a hypocrite. 
                No matter how righteous I think that I am , there is always people “over there” pointing their finger at me all the while, thanking the Lord that they are not a sinner like me.
                    Shame on anybody that tells another that they are going to burn in hell cause they are not as I am.    Judgment is MINE Saith the Lord!
                If the bible doesn’t say that hypocrisy is an abomination unto the Lord; It should.

1. Soul Man Dancer profile image60
                  Soul Man Dancerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have you been drinking?

1. Jerami profile image58
                    Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why do you ask that?

14. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

Now   to answer your question  NO   drinking makes my OLD body feel twice as Old.

I like to boil stuff down to basic components. And what I said is what came to mind at that time.
       I don't think that Jesus intended us to go out and convert atheists with our eloquent speech and knowledge of the subject matter and judge them.   He never did that!    It was only when the Pharisee confronted him that he put them in their place.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)