One million views!

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (75 posts)
  1. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 10 years ago

Well, the frozen traffic stats finally updated and sure enough, the total views jumped to 1,001,487.  Three years to do it, but it's finally here!

1. Natashalh profile image71
      Natashalhposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yahoo!!!! Congrats, Wilderness! You have great hubs and you definitely earned it.

wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I don't know about great hubs, but I've certainly worked for it.

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
      ThePracticalMommyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!! That's awesome!!

Thanks, PM - the door is open and waiting your to walk through, too.

1. ajwrites57 profile image85
          ajwrites57posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations sir!

Thanks, aj - take it as encouragement.  If I can do it, so can you!

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
          ThePracticalMommyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps in one more year. I'm halfway there! wink

I'll be holding the door for you, PM.  And let me tell you - the second half goes a faster than the first.  A LOT faster.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats...Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

It's important for people to have such major accomplishments in their dotage.  It makes the golden years more exciting. wink

*flees*

mad  You better flee, Melissa!  But not even such vile insinuations (whether true or not) can't upset me today. smile

Thanks, Melissa - now all we have to do is get that mTurner there, too.

4. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!  That's wonderful.  I think 3 years is the magic mark here on HP

Thanks, Sarra.  You may be right about the three years - HP has long said it can take 3 years to mature a hub and several of my very early hubs have picked up speed in the last few months after sitting in the doldrums doing nothing for 2 1/2 years.

5. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hot damn!  Congratulations, sir!  Hope you're feeling some chest-puffing pride.  big_smile

Thanks, Motown.  Yes, today I get to beat my chest; tomorrow I'll just be another hubber crying about falling traffic but that's life for you. smile

6. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am over a quarter of the way there, lol.  Congratulations!

7. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://i.imgflip.com/1uvmh.jpg
      Your new avatar. big_smile

Love it! big_smile

8. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

9. SoundNFury profile image82
      SoundNFuryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great job!  Congratulations!!  That's a nice way to see the stats become "unstuck" lol

10. SoundNFury profile image82
      SoundNFuryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
          Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Wilderness! You really deserve it, after all the work you did to track down your stolen work. You've also been so generous with your help to other hubbers! Good for you!

2. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's the hairiest cool guy, I've ever seen, lol.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 10 years ago

Great job, Wilderness! Must have seemed a little frustrating to see those stats stuck for so long when you were on the verge. Yes, you have worked hard.

It was horrible, Rochelle - my desk is covered in sweat and I'm a shaking wreck.  I just know that somewhere I have an enemy that snuck into HP and did this to me. big_smile

But you've got to be getting close yourself.  Here, I'll hold the door for you and PracticalMommy;  shake your hand and welcome you when you come through, too.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not even 400,000 yet-- ( I should be ashamed at 5 years)  but I have been pretty lazy about it. I'd send you a roll of paper towels for your desk, but I have to earn a few more cents.

3. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

YAAAAAAY!! Woohoooo wilderness! That's great news. That's the good thing about frozen stats: when they finally get fixed, you get a surprise. I love it. smile

Ah, jan, but the agony waiting for the update was horrible.  smile

4. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

Congrats, Wilderness! That is quite the accomplishment!

Thanks, Kathryn - hope it is an encouragement to you.  If this dumb electrician can do it, so can you.

5. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 10 years ago

Congratulations, wllderness! That's a wonderful achievement!

6. Gcrhoads64 profile image90
    Gcrhoads64posted 10 years ago

Wonderful, Wilderness! That took a lot of hard work!

7. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Woohoo! Fantastic job! Race you to 10 million?

lol  I think you have just a wee lead on me there, Wry.  But I WILL hang on to your coat tails; you will find me there one day, just a little behind.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey I'm only 1/4 of the way there. I'm sure you can catch me... at current estimates I think it's about 3 years away LOL!

LOL  Catch you, with you haveing 2 1/2 times the views?  Unlikely, I fear, and besides - I know you.  A go getter, working hard while I coast along, playing with my grandkids and going camping. 

No, you'll beat me there, and in less than 3 years I'll warrant, but I'll get there too, one day.

8. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

Wow!  Great work!  Congratulations - and thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks, Marcy, and you are welcome to the inspiration (it is, after all, why the thread is here at all).  I expect to see this same thread coming from you in a few months.

9. L.L. Woodard profile image69
    L.L. Woodardposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!

Thanks, LL.  With that nice big "100" I'll bet you're posting this thread yourself one day in the not too distant future.

10. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 10 years ago

Congratulations, I am just a few weeks behind you; unless google keeps reducing the views! I should hit my million also during the start of next month... Maybe we should open a club... although I really want to join the 10 million views club..

Well done again!!

Thanks, LeanMan - good to hear you're right behind me.  There have been a couple more that just joined the million club right before us; must be something in the air 'cause it sure isn't google. 

So maybe we'll both join that 10 M club in another 2 or 3 years.

1. LeanMan profile image78
        LeanManposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am getting close with all of my other sites... have diversified considerably since I started out here with HP but still find HP to be a good platform and a good contributor to my earnings.
        I really should add a few more hubs here as I have not been doing much over the last year or so!

After leaving the AP I slowed down too.  There is more to life than work, and summer is finally here.  I'm going camping, not writing hubs!

1. sallybea profile image93
            sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Terrific achievement, congrats, you enjoy the camping and take a good break, you deserve it.

11. seanorjohn profile image70
    seanorjohnposted 10 years ago

Congratulations wilderness that is an amazing milestone to achieve. your hardwork has been rewarded.

12. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 10 years ago

Well done! The big 1 million is a fantastic milestone to achieve!

Thanks, Susana.  It's a great feeling, an acknowledgement that the hard work is paying off, as you well know.  Perhaps the biggest milestone on HP - if you can get 1M views you can get 10M, but when just starting out with 1K views that first million seems an impossible distance away.

13. Horatio Plot profile image74
    Horatio Plotposted 10 years ago

Congratulations. Well done, that's no mean feat.

14. anagham profile image59
    anaghamposted 10 years ago

Congragulations...that's a milestone.. happy to hear such wonderful achievements... congrats again...

15. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 10 years ago

Huge congrats - I can't even imagine it at this point!

16. Ceres Schwarz profile image40
    Ceres Schwarzposted 10 years ago

Wow congratulations on the 1 million views smile. That's a really amazing and wonderful achievement.

17. Judi Bee profile image91
    Judi Beeposted 10 years ago

Congratulations - well deserved too smile

18. Silva Hayes profile image76
    Silva Hayesposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!  What a milestone.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 10 years ago

Congrats W!

20. Donna Huebsch profile image75
    Donna Huebschposted 10 years ago

Congratulations, Wilderness!!  You are an inspiration!

I hope so, at least in some small way.  I would absolutely love to see us all reach that milestone one day - wouldn't that be tremendous?

21. To Start Again profile image70
    To Start Againposted 10 years ago

Way to go! That's Awesome!! big_smile

22. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image76
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 10 years ago

Awesome.  Congrats, what an accomplishment.

23. Good Guy profile image85
    Good Guyposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! Wilderness.  Welcome to the club.  It took me 3 years 4 months to reach 1 million a few days ago.

I remember your thread - it's almost as if the beginning of summer is special.  Lot's of us suddenly reaching that number.

So congrats right back at you.

1. Good Guy profile image85
        Good Guyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Wilderness,

In my location every day is summer! (LOL)!

Unfair!  The older I get the less I like winter.  Give me one or two nice snowfalls, with temperatures in the 60's, and I'm ready for summer again.  Or at least fall or spring.

24. Robin profile image86
    Robinposted 10 years ago

Definitely well deserved!  Congratulations!  smile

Thank you, Robin.  You're a part of that million, you know...your advice and help has been invaluable.

1. Robin profile image86
        Robinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All of your hard work is paying off.  I'm so glad that I could be a small part of it!  smile

25. G Miah profile image77
    G Miahposted 10 years ago

Wow! Amazing! Congrats Wilderness! I am 2/3 there!

26. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Wilderness!  That is quite the achievement!  Tell us the secret - how do you get so many views, and how do you get the patience to ride out the roller coaster that is Google?

Patience?  That's the easy part.  Right now  I'm in a traffic slump - the third time Google has decided my hubs aren't so great after all.  So I beat on the desk and stamp my feet on the floor.  I cry and I curse Google in a loud voice.

This I call "patience" (it sounds better than "temper tantrum") and seems about as effective as anything else I do.  smile

27. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 10 years ago

Yes, well done!  It couldn't happen to a nicer guy!  smile

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

He was a nice guy but the million changes you. Just wait and see.

Yep, he's going to become an ogre, running for king. 

Hey, have you seen my new crown yet? It's purty! smile

28. kellyteam profile image59
    kellyteamposted 10 years ago

Great achievement! Congratulations Wilderness! Keep on hubbing!

29. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 10 years ago

Congratulations, Wilderness!  Awesome well deserved achievement.  Here's to more success coming your way... Cheers!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)