How far are you in the challenge?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (43 posts)
  1. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 14 years ago

20 Hubs in 17 Days.

I'm considering starting another 30 in 30 when this one is done.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm caught up, 19 on day 19. I'm also thinking of continuing to write a hub a day for as long as I can.

1. JonSterling profile image61
      JonSterlingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats - I am just getting started but my goals is eventually to hit the four hundred plus hub area - and just keep getting valuable backlinks to them to drive traffic. This is one of the best out in the open hidden secrets on the net!

2. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you started to see increased traffic, revenue? any changes? You've been here a bit longer than some of us, so I was wondering if your results would be as dramatic.

3. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Zero so far.

Well, zero published. I've been working on my content since I kicked off my challenge about 3 weeks ago. Trying a different tactic.

I'm happy with my work thus far.

1. karpouzian profile image60
      karpouzianposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And really, that is the most important thing.
      Are you thinking of letting them all 'age' and them publishing them at once?

4. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Unless I'm screwed up on counting (and I could be)...today, being the 12th is the 20th day if you started the 24th.

Day 1 24th of July
    Day 2 25th
    Day 3 26th
    Day 4 27th
    Day 5 28th
    Day 6 29th
    Day 7 30th
    Day 8 31st of July

So add 8 days to whatever day in August it is....today is the 12th.  That makes 20. 

I have published 31 hubs.

5. Trekkiemelissa profile image65
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

He's going to let the corkscrew pop tongue

6. Jezzzz profile image45
    Jezzzzposted 14 years ago

I've finished my 30 hubs.  So far I've put up 40 plus hubs.  My total altogether is 71 hubs and I am trying to reach 100 hubs by the end of this month.

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're well on your way to doing it! Congrats! Awesome job!

7. J  Rosewater profile image70
    J Rosewaterposted 14 years ago

I suppose I can try. I've been invited and it's polite to accept, even though I'm pressed for time. May I include the hubs I've written yesterday and today? Five so far I think. They are not that hard to do. Okay - have I joined by doing this? Cannot see a join button.

8. RGraf profile image88
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

I didn't make it.  Didn't even come close.  Oh, well.  I'll start over and see how I do.  What a crummy time to get writer's block.

9. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

I will post my 9th later. I'm waaay delayed. But happy with the results. 2 of the 8 already published are HubNugget Wannabes, so I'm chill! smile

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I have 6 left to do and 5 days to do it in.

11. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

We only have 5 days left?? Waaah!!! Aww... I will just probably have half *sigh*

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doh, I did it again. I was assuming the challenge ended this Thursday since I started on a Friday. We have 8 more days including today, so I'm ahead...whew. That is if you started on July 24...

12. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I have just done my 17th in just over a week.

13. Green Is Good profile image61
    Green Is Goodposted 14 years ago

I have completed seven hubs in five days. Not bad going so far but I expect it will be much more of a struggle as I start to run out of ideas!

14. E. A. Wright profile image74
    E. A. Wrightposted 14 years ago

I got to Day 9, then took a vacation for two weeks. (Three cheers for the existence of places without internet, electricity or cell phones.)

But now I'm back and ready to go. I'll count today as my Day 10,

15. Bakari Chavanu profile image61
    Bakari Chavanuposted 14 years ago

I have 16 hubs done so far, with about 10 days left in the challenge. I've hit a bit of a snag, though, for ideas, particularly ideas that might draw high page views. Most of the articles I've written so far draw fewer than a 100 hits. I use the Google keyword search but it is difficult to figure out how to write articles that will attract readers. I will still try to complete the challenge anyway, and then reassess my strategy at the end of 30 days.

16. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I did my 30 in 17 days or so, but RIGHT THEN our smaller, clean-electricity generator bit the dust.  So until we have the money (coming soon, we believe) to set up alternative  energy (have high hopes for wind power), am not writing any more Hubs--just bouncing around a bit here and there.

17. Chris1|Chris2 profile image60
    Chris1|Chris2posted 14 years ago

I lost steam after doing it daily while on my road trip... Sort of have a couple in the works though, and a few floating around in my noggin. My total so far is only 15, though. Should be putting out a bunch more soon though!
    By the way--How do you all manage to keep yourselves enthused? How do you find inspiration to do this EVERY DAY??

18. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

I am at 17 with 13 more to finish by the end of August (I gave myself an extra week since I knew I was gonna be busy).  It seems like I am on target.  I have one more started and hope to finish it in the near future.

19. Plants and Oils profile image70
    Plants and Oilsposted 14 years ago

I've done, I think, 18 (published those) and have another 8 which are mostly-done.

20. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Well, since it's after 12 AM where I am, and today is Day 22 for me as I didn't start until July 25th, I've now published 23 Hubs.  I'm a Plus 1, I guess if I'm supposed to be averaging 1 per day.

21. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Is it worthwhile doing the hubchallenge?

1. mommyfreelancer profile image74
      mommyfreelancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For me it's been helpful. From zero earnings, I now have $5. Woot! smile

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
        Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, that's a pretty good start! Keep it up!

Thanks, Hup! I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm lovin' HP! smile

22. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I guess everyone will have a different opinion.  I have some lofty goals myself, where I would really like to make a little extra money from HP.  Doing the challenge will consequently increase your traffic with the addition of backlinks of course. All of this does take some time however, but doing the challenge will certainly point you in the right direction (if that's your cup of tea that is).

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm I might have to try it sometime just to see how it goes. I do need more traffic that's for sure lol

23. J  Rosewater profile image70
    J Rosewaterposted 14 years ago

I have published 12 since starting, I think. I have another 3 going. I don't think it's bad for a complete beginner. My score has gone up quite a bit, and my hits seem to be okay for starters.

24. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

I have published 9 so far. Need to do another 21 within just five days. Hope to get in at least 10 more ...

25. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I've done 9 in 7 days.  After I've had my 30 I'm going to take a bit of a break.  This is pretty intense. 

I did the Hub Challenge because it forced me to write.  At the end of it, I'll have a small body of work to build on.  It's a great experience.

26. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I dropped out of the challenge but I still tried to keep up smile. I made 17 hubs with 5 days to go. Next time there's another challenge, I'll definitely join and stick to it!

You should've stayed, you've done more than I did! smile

1. emievil profile image66
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL yes but I'm not the one here who has hubnugget nominations two weeks in a row smile. That was really something!

It was indeed a VERY pleasant surprise. smile

27. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

When does it officially end, our 30 days?  I have published 19 hubs, I hope to get two or three more within the next few days, however, I am not sure when it ends...someone tell me please smile

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can start and stop at anytime.  The Hub challenge is ongoing.  What day did you start?  Whatever day that was is day one.  Just start counting from there.

28. judydianne profile image73
    judydianneposted 14 years ago

I have written 27 hubs in 27 days, so I'm on track.

29. grammartroll profile image60
    grammartrollposted 14 years ago

I just finished 30 Hubs in 30 Days today!  "Thirty Great Movies You've Probably Never Seen."  Lots of views!  Not a single cent, yay!

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, wink.  I love your screen name!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)