$100,000.00

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (58 posts)
  1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Today I've had well over $100,000.000 worth of bids made via my eBay link (for unrelated items), I so hope this person wins their auctions, I'm not sure what the commission would be off 100 grand but I'm sure it's well worth having (fingers crossed). big_smile

Who said the eBay partner network sucks?

*Celebrates prematurely.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Keeping fingers crossed for you smile

Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Misha, I could certainly use the cash, lol, gonna go have a beer to celebrate, even if it comes to nothing it's nice to know that the possibility was there, and is again for the future.

1. profile image0
        rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YAY!!!! You could even BUY Pulp Fiction instead of watching it on TV. OR how about some Beavis and Butthead episodes.  smile Gotta watch soemthing while having a beer. whatever you do, dont drink and read the religious forums.....good luck!!!

Haha DM, some Beavis and Butthead DVDs sounds good, I was quietly hoping they were gonna spend so much that my cut would allow me to retire to a tropical paradise for the rest of my days.  Hey I can dream right? wink

No drinking in the religious forums for me. smile

1. profile image0

hey, beer n beavis IS dreaming big for me.  smile
            when do you find out?

Beer and Beavis is big for me too, I ain't no mr whoop-de-doo just yet. smile

Not sure when I find out, I guess if a relatively big chunk of change appears in my account my anonymous bidder won, if it don't, they didn't.

Hows you?  It's 14:00 here and I haven't even got out of bed yet, same old same mind you, lol smile

Been choking any chickens this morning? big_smile

1. profile image0

it is 9:01. Got up at 5:45...with a pounding headache. I am well, getting some stuff done on the internet in between poking my nose into the forums. NOT dressed yet....goign to town later to gt my hubby a b-day present. And I had fried chicken for dinner a few nights ago. Yummy!!!

mmmmmmmm fried chicken good, sorry you have a head ache, but you will do if you go around waking up at silly o'clock in the morning, the human body is not designed to be awake before noon (or so I like to tell myself) smile

p.s. I've finally found somebody who believes in my voodoo powers, I received an e-mail from some Indian guy who claims to have been cursed by a transexual via hubpages today, lol.

He wants my help to remove the curse, lol, brilliant.

Have fun in town, I hope you find what you're looking for. smile

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I cross my fingers too. I had a dream the other day that somebody spent a million dollars through my Amazon capsules.... that would work out at $40,000 commission.

I can dream lol

Cheers Ryan, maybe it was a premonition, you never know, these things do happen. smile

2. nicomp profile image61
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This thread is all well and good, but I can't shake the feeling that we should be arguing about something...

1. profile image0

No, I think your wrong, we should NOT be arguing....

1. nicomp profile image61
          nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was teasing ryankett. No malice intended.

1. profile image0

I was teasing you...monty python intended...

1. profile image0

I gues its cuz I forgot the   lol  ooops...

4. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Thats great.

I have tons of clicks from EBAY but no money.  Glad to see someone looks to be doing well.

Thanks bgpappa, the bids seem to be for big items that are attracting a fair few bidders though, so chances of winning may be slight.

I think of my eBay/Amazon capsules as fruit machines (slot machines) each person I send through gives me a spin of the wheel and a chance at the jackpot.

I don't usually make much from them either, but just goes to show you never know who has read your hub, and clicked your link.  This person is casually bidding on numerous items that would take me a lifetime to save up for, but they've only got my cookie for a few more days, and they haven't won anything yet.

Here's to random passing wealthy visitors, may they keep us in beer for years to come. smile

1. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely! It has gotten to the point where I love the excitement of checking Amazon sales every morning. It is truly interesting to see the random stuff people buy! I could only imagine how eBay must be even more fascinating in that sense.

Good luck!! big_smile

Thanks GirlyGirl, I too love seeing what people buy, it's very rarely the item I promote, lol, and people sometimes buy the craziest things, it's almost more fun than making money, almost.

My hubs are mainly about paranormal and other weird stuff, so for somebody to click through and start bidding on sports cars and $80,000 pieces of jewelery, certainly proves the random unexpected nature of it all. smile

Got to sleep now, hoping for a nice surprise in my eBay account in the morning, lol, you never know.

1. profile image0

Same here....I occasionally sell items I promote, otherwise - totally random surprises! lol

Goodnight and again, good luck. This is very exciting!!

It sure is a lot of fun, thanks again, good night. smile

2. profile image0
          Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would agree, if  I'd ever had an Amazon sale.  Nonetheless, you go,  Mr. Voodoo.

5. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Fingers (and toes) crossed for you, Mr Voodoo!!

Thanks so much, here's hoping. smile

6. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Never really liked ebay, no clicks or buyers or anything really. Amazon made a few small, small sales but Google is still my power house.

~thranax~

1. profile image0

Same here (although I haven't tried eBay...they won't accept me). Adsense is my bread and butter, Amazon is a nice bonus where I can usually expect a daily sale or two (usually just a dollar or less commission). It all adds up!

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58

Others may disagree, and you can certainly increase your chances of a sale by writing 'sale' type pages, but personally I think there's a pretty big slice of luck needed to make decent money from eBay/Amazon.

Adsense is also my mainstay, but eBay/Amazon do give the occasional cherry on the cake. smile

7. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Good luck.  If you get "Big Bucks" from it you'll have to change your name to "Mr Whoop-di-doo!"   smile

8. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Good luck from the princess of power, may ebay bring you great wealth!

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

So if they sell you'll end up making what...$5? big_smile

10. profile image0
    kamalakshyposted 14 years ago

Congrats keep selling by adding new products

11. Mrvoodoo profile image58

Mr Whoop-De-Doo, I like the sound of that, thanks all for the good lucks, nothing as yet though, think it might have been someone hunting for bargains, expensive bargains, but bargains none-the-less, and bailing when the bidding got to rich, shame, but you never know.

@UW $5, I was hoping for a little more than that, but $5 is better than nada. smile

12. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Alright Mrvoodoo!  let us know what the outcome is!!!

Thanks Ms Chievous, I will do, still hopeful. smile

13. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

All I can think of is all the hats, masks and face paint you're going to get out of your potential cut. I'm so hoppy for you. Potentially wink

Now get up and at 'em Mrvoodoo. You've a long dark day ahead of you. Ebay watch big_smile

Morning FD, how's tricks?

haha, yeah I know, I could walk into ye olde hat shop, slap that cash on the counter and say 'bring me the biggest blackest hat ya got'.  big_smile

Definitely eBay watching all day, make me rich, make me very very rich... wink

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How did you get the ebay affiliate? I was looking at the 'join ebay' affilliate thingy and one of the prerequisites says: You own and operate the website for which you are applying to promote eBay

Did you join prior to HP via a site you own? I ask because I wonder why, considering the above, ebay uses HP. It smacks of twisting the guidelines to suit if you can't join as a HP user yet other users already use the affiliate program.

The above (to me) suggests that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you understand?

Hey FD, Yeah I joined via another site prior to joining HP, just before they started refusing acceptance to pretty much everybody.  I haven't heard of anybody being accepted in ages, via HP or otherwise.  In a couple of weeks they're changing their system anyways, so you'll no longer get a percentage of teh sale, but paid per click, which is why I was hoping to get a juicy commission before that happened.  To be honest I dislike eBay intensely, they're always trying to reduce the amount they pay affiliates by every single penny they can, but moneys money, and somethings better than nothing I guess.

As for getting accepted, I'd say your chances are slim if you're not already in, I thought they were going to scrap the entire affiliate program a few months back, but now it looks like they're going to pay people a few pennies a click instead, no big loss.

* p.s. sorry for the delay, I've been unable to connect and when connected am enjoying speeds of around 0.2 kbps. sad

14. Jane Dee Summers profile image60
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

Good luck Mrvoodoo. Maybe it's the voo in your doo.

Thanks Jane, Here's hoping there's enough voo in my doo, I'll get the old dolly and pins out shortly and see if I can stick it to any potential bid rivals my referred bidder has. lol wink

15. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Wishing ya lots of $$$$ my friend!! ( my dress size is ..lol )

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:pvjwBXaCB8wmsM:http://thenationalevil.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/all-thumbs-up.jpg

Thanks EK, nothing yet, but damn I hope he wins that Porsche. smile

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He DID..... But.... He found that the engine was missing... So he cancelled his cheque!! lol "Oosshit! Back to the keyboard VooDoo." hmm

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh if the engines missing that would make it a Holden ,right lol buggar

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58

lol, don't even think it big_smile

But you know that'll happen, hehe.

16. Mrvoodoo profile image58

ARGGGGGHH!!!  Have you ever wished you could turn your internet connection into a real person, just so you could choke it to death? lol

If anybody ever recommends 3 mobile broadband to you, slap them. big_smile

1. profile image0

dial up...52,000 bps ....fun fun...

hehe, at the moment I'd kill for that kind of speed, took me two hours to post a reply. smile

17. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Nope... You will be OK... Wish Hard, Focus, Verbalise and then go back to the keyboard lol

Good Luck Mate.. At least you are banking on a quality vehicle!
    Mine never let me down!

18. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

Ebay US doesn't like me... I never got approved by their program sad

1. profile image0

me neither, somewhere farther up in the thread he says that they changed formats or something, and not many people are getting accepted these days. Dont take it poersonally. Or, it could be because you started that .."naughty word"..thread?   lol

1. anime_nanet profile image59
        anime_nanetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LoL, lol. What have you remembered ahah.

That one was hushed up pretty quickly... But there are so many religious ones that go on and on... Oh well, it's hubpages for you I guess wink

19. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

not sure what the ebay partner network is, but sure hope it does end up working out for you.  Would be great inspiration to all the rest of us to see one of our own make that kind of money!  Good luck and have another beer on me.  big_smile

20. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Good luck, Mrvoodoo!  You know I'm pullin' for you big_smile

21. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Good Luck. smile

22. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Good luck. We're all rooting for you smile. Just don't forget to bring the beer and some pizza when you get that commission big_smile.

23. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

I even have an Ebay account in good standing with positive feedback and they still did not approve me for Ebay affiliation. Ebay is evil.

All hail Amazon! Now if only I would make a sale on it...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)