Do Men Need Women ....... More than Women need men

Jump to Last Post 51-77 of 77 discussions (177 posts)
  1. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Well anything more to add any one, this thread has been enlightening dont you think??????

SECRETLY I JUST ADORE MEN  AND WOMEN AND CHILDREN

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ANY OF THEM

2. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

this is a tough question...I would have to say that men and women need each other equally on different levels and at different times...

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BRILLIANT.........

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I'd be dead in the water without my wife! Men need a more moderate perspective and women help keep things running on a calmer plane.( i'm not steriotyping I'm speaking in general)

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

To be quite frank I don't think neither of the two need each other.  Desperation as well as dependancy is the reason for most "relationships" as well as marriages.  Needs are the important things that makes ones life as well as reality  productive.  I don't see another indivdual being a need, as though their entire purpose and reason for being in your life revolves around you.  When concerning two individuals coming together regardless of whatever the sex may be.  It should be due to a cause much greater than a material or selfish gain.  That is if you want it to last very long as well as be a happy union!  Then you have the temporary hook ups that happen on a day to day basis because we have our own agendas as well as our "needs"

1. dohn121 profile image80
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

She's right on, Brenda!

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Wow! For 33yrs I've been wrong! "Wake up honey we need a divorce! I have needs! I need a hook-up!"

5. profile image0

what is coming to the fore, here is that attitudes are changing.  I can see that younger people have a different expectation of marriage...... or relationships what do you think??????

6. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

People are better off just living with each other then--so long as they don't have children.

I'm going head in, Brenda!  Good morning to you smile

1. profile image0

nice to speak to you.... get some sleep

7. Dr Will 911 profile image59
    Dr Will 911posted 14 years ago

GOD, being the creator of men and women, knows why HE created them. The Bible is the manufacturer’s operating instructions, therefore, we should consult the operations manual to learn the TRUE answer to this question. 1 Corinthians 11:8-9 says “…the man is not of the woman; but the woman is of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman is for the man.” You see, a woman was created for the man to be his helper but here’s the key point: GOD did not create him for her, HE made her for him. GOD looked at Adam and concluded: that brother needs help! The woman does not NEED a helper, the man does! Now, every woman was born with the gift of service inside of her. She was designed by GOD to be a helper to her husband. The husband must recognize, then, that GOD made her to help him (drop his ego) and learn how to utilize her gift, along with her GOD given talents and abilities, to help him build and maintain a strong family!

8. profile image0

Thanks Dr Will that is interesting, i like it actually

9. DancingRedFeather profile image60
    DancingRedFeatherposted 14 years ago

God made man and woman and married them. They both need each other as they are a compliment to each other. That is why God made a woman for man because it wasn't good for him to be alone.

1. profile image0

you have been reading the same bible as me......

10. katie51566 profile image60
    katie51566posted 14 years ago

I think it is important for you to need eachother equally in a relationship, otherwise one person might start feeling like they are not good enough or start resenting their signifigant other.

11. profile image56
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

A man needs a woman like a fish needs a bicycle?  No that’s not it, how does it go G-L-O-R-I-A. 
    Men and women do not need each other for any other purpose than procreation, plain and simple. The need(probably more like an urge) of procreation is equally shared by both sexes.  If any adult finds that they need another person to define or complete themselves, they are doomed. It’s unfair to both parties. One person becomes responsible for the other's happiness while the other has no control of their own happiness.  It’s a no win situation.  Think of it this way, what man or woman would openly admit that they want a needy person as a partner. That’s basically what your saying when you argue that one gender needs the other more.

For those who have quoted scripture, what would you say to:
    1 Corinthians 7:8 Now I say to those who aren't married and to widows - it's better to stay unmarried, just as I am. 9 But if they can't control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It's better to marry than to burn with lust.

Here scripture clearly states that it’s because of a lack of self discipline that people should marry, not a need for one another.

Now as for which sex benefits more from traditional marriage, it’s a toss up. Both men and women can marry above or below their societal means.  I believe that in truly happy marriages there is no "lucky" one. Just one.

12. dcemohighsociety profile image53
    dcemohighsocietyposted 14 years ago

ok lest be honest men need women for sex and to make babies and to be married to and have a relationship women need men for sex to make babies and to have a relationship with and to build stuff but that's the honest truth i think we both need each other the same with one their can't be another that's how it goes.

13. beth811 profile image78
    beth811posted 14 years ago

Both can benefit from each other in many ways.

14. Bibowen profile image87
    Bibowenposted 14 years ago

Man needs the woman more than woman needs the man. The first Bible story tells us that: Eve was made for Adam. I've seen many women get along just fine without a man; I've seen few men do the same.

15. Bibowen profile image87
    Bibowenposted 14 years ago

Still, another way to put it; man was incomplete without the woman. Now, he's finished...

16. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

every boy and most men need their mother .id say in that context .men need women more.

1. Wonder_Woman profile image59
      Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Aww smile

17. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Each person, regardless of gender, requires the same amount attention at the next.

There is no difference when it comes to our overall emotions.

One would not be more apt to want the other more, than the other wants them.

It's a matter of individual opinion and need of life.

18. akirchner profile image92
    akirchnerposted 14 years ago

I agree - it is a 50/50 proposition and we all need to make sure we find the right "mate" - then it is all good.  If you need someone to complete you or make you who you are, then probably not the answer for either male or female.  But if you need someone to make you a BETTER you - ah....that's the key right there.  Going on 35 years with the "right guy" - it is all about what works between the two of you - there are always quirks and twists and turns - add in family, add in kids, add in friends, add in pets, add in stress, add in jobs and a down-turned economy - but if you just have each OTHER and you can laugh and have a bit of a meeting of the minds and other things at the end of the day - priceless!

19. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I don't think that it is a question of "need". 
    (I am in my 40s and I can do household chores; thank you very much.  I might not LIKE to do them but I can, red.  I can.)

I think it is a question of "want".
    Once you throw in homosexuality and bisexuality and trans-sexuality then you really muddy the waters, don't you?

20. profile image56
    plofloozposted 14 years ago

Being a slob single guy of middle age.
    I know women really think they are the flavor
    to male taste only thing is after bitter
    experiences men have options.

Women around the globe,be gay,or go hermit.
    (done that lonely as heck but it beats being a rug.)

I believe both men and women have options not be
    married,settle for anyone and enjoy single-hood.
    People have can died surrounded by friends,family
    and the many ladies, nephews, nieces, cousins and children
    that benefited from men who were not related by blood but
    care, respect, and responsibility.

Remember men and women of the 1970's & 80's most of them
    are divorced parents or just divorced.
    Women took their freedom found both good and bad some
    had children with or without men other chose adoption
    or abortion. Both sexes need the other equally one sex
    may be better organized to live alone but it does not
    equate to better because of it.

Actually men seem more clumsy at that women because women
    have learned to hide it more gracefully than men.
    I've seen clumsy ladies and men, I'm one (male)
    and its not funny. When that someone is by your side both she and he teach each other some though not all of odd man/woman thing vanish.

I wouldn't want my expertize to be:"I can live without men/women."
    Both woman and men say that and most secretly cry knowing
    this isn't the life they want but must live until they find
    comfort in another human be either man or woman.

21. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I think it depends on the individual personality but do believe one always need more than the other.

22. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

In this case, I think men need women more than women need men lol

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_M062o1asSfk/SkDrpbA2a8I/AAAAAAAABak/v18HJ2CR1Ak/s320/Ira+Glass.jpg

23. harry clark profile image55
    harry clarkposted 14 years ago

Men need women to show them how to love, to tell men what they want and need, how else would we know?

24. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

I think I'd like to live in a world where we need each other equally.

25. carolina muscle profile image66
    carolina muscleposted 14 years ago

There does seem to be a prevailing societal denegration of all things masculine these days, to the point that many women look at men as unnecessary , or at the very least, a necessary evil.
    -- Me, I'd like to think that we need each other equally.

26. profile image50
    naominposted 14 years ago

Just in terms of sexually, men definitely need women more then women need men.  Just open your eyes.  When was the last time you heard a woman pay for sex?  Yet strip clubs and sex business catering to men are everywhere. 

Growing up I was also told that I have to hurry up and find a man etc, I guess cuz women have a shorter reproductive cycle.  But I don't see that as relevant anymore as in this day and age, since people are just living much longer and fertility technology has improved.

I have always found it to be the opposite, that I am pursued even pestered/stalked by men a lot more than I would care.  Granted I could see why because sex for a man is simply more fun/w/out consequences and women look/smell a lot nicer than men.

In this day if you are a financially independent woman there is almost no need for a man, that is why single women are on the rise and I would even go so far as to say that is why in places like China they don't educate they women cuz if they do women wouldn't be submissive to men and the whole society would fall apart.

Granted men and women need each other to reproduce, but that is totally beyond the point in terms of individual social welfare.  Men often drag women down to cater to their own selfish needs.

1. Origin profile image61
      Originposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good post naomin,

Basically I view it like this, men are a lot of times more openly lustful and are often the ones chasing women in their teen's and 20's. That doesn't mean that men are looking for a relationship, but just a one night stand. I believe it's driven by the need to reproduce more than anything, which is a natural instinct.

Women on the other hand may experience the same lust as men, but in their 30's and 40's, while at the same time men are no longer looking (as hard) at that age.

As for relationships, I've seen both men and women look for people quickly while on the rebound. I've seen both driven to get their crush.  I think in the aspect of relationships its 50/50, equal for the most part. It's the sexual aspect that is a bit off due to ages and the natural driving aspect to reproduce.

27. Mr Nice profile image76
    Mr Niceposted 14 years ago

I love kids because they are cute & always amazing. Here is what children think ......

IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?

It is better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them. -- Alice, age 9

“Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.” ~Albert Einstein

~Male and female represent the two sides of the great radical dualism. But in fact they are perpetually passing into one another. Fluid hardens to solid, solid rushes to fluid. There is no wholly masculine man, no purely feminine woman. ~Margaret Fuller (1810 - 1850), Woman in the Nineteenth Century, 1845

I believe both men & men need each other because women are sure good housekeepers but they still can't kill a mouse.....hahaha So women need men to kill the mouse.big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)