I've been hired to ghostwrite a book...

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (55 posts)
  1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 10 years ago

thanks to my hubs' being discovered. I got paid half the fee up front!

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful, sometimes benefits do come in different ways!  Congratulations habee!

2. Ky Cardinal profile image84
      Ky Cardinalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations.  This news gives us all new energy for our writing.

3. Cyndi10 profile image86
      Cyndi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is fabulous. Congratulations! So glad you shared that wonderful information.

4. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, habee! I love hearing about things like this! I hope you enjoy writing the book. big_smile

5. profile image0
      CroftRoanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! I hope the story is fun to write and I know you'll HubPage proud.

6. prospectboy profile image86
      prospectboyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is really awesome! Congratulations. I've been contacted in the past through Hubpages by two websites that wanted me to write for them. Just goes to show that you never know who is reading our hubs. Best wishes to you!

7. sparkster profile image84
      sparksterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Though I must admit I'm mystified by how they contacted you through Hubpages?  Whenever I have tried to contact another hubber directly through Hubpages it simply doesn't work... ever!

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I've been contacted via HP quite a few times. Maybe you have a bug?

2. RaksTheBlogger profile image84
    RaksTheBloggerposted 10 years ago

Congratulations habee!Make Hubpages proud with that book!

3. Emma Harvey profile image84
    Emma Harveyposted 10 years ago

Congratulations - I love Hubpages for that. I have used my profile as a resume to get writing jobs, and I've been asked before to blog for people after they had read my hubs. It's surprising who reads them.

Well done and good luck smile

1. FlourishAnyway profile image96
      FlourishAnywayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Any tips, please share!  Awesome to hear such good news about you all!

4. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 10 years ago

How exciting.  Is it a non-fiction book?  Can you tell us anything at all about it? 

Are you "still up" from Tuesday night (like me), or did you get up super early Wednesday?

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, but I've been asked not to reveal anything about the book. I can say that it's nonfiction, however.

I haven't gone to bed yet!

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A fellow Night Owl or a fluke (that you are up so late)?  Actually the medical community felt compelled to give us a diagnosis:  Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome.  I've been up until 3 and 4 lately, and rising about the crack of noon.

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well gee, you sure know how to use a teaser! Congratulations!

5. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 10 years ago

That's awesome! Congrats...

6. Blond Logic profile image92
    Blond Logicposted 10 years ago

What wonderful news! This has certainly been a great month for you. As the old saying should go, "All good things come to those who write". Thanks for sharing your inspiring news with us and congratulations.

7. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 10 years ago

Awesome!

8. wetnosedogs profile image59
    wetnosedogsposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! That is fantastic news. Enjoy.

9. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Habee.  Hope you enjoy your new project and also that it proves to be very profitable smile

10. pstraubie48 profile image80
    pstraubie48posted 10 years ago

That is wonderful!!! May good things continue for you...Angels are on the way smile ps

11. baja2013 profile image61
    baja2013posted 10 years ago

Congratullations! Love when people share nice news, no matter what. Hope you will success to make good work there.

12. shielamaeparreno profile image65
    shielamaeparrenoposted 10 years ago

Awesome! Congrats Habee! That sure is something to lift my low spirit now. My client told me today we have to take a break on me writing blogs for her. But we'll resume some time in the future. And I've been relying on that income for maybe 8 months already to pay for my necessities. Now I'm staring at a blank wall. I'm thinking of pursuing that Google Adsense already (after being rejected 3 times already)..but of course I knew why. Now I have to really put body, mind and soul on to my hubs to get noticed sooner..
    Thanks for sharing habee!

13. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 10 years ago

Congrats Habee!!!  You go girl.  It's great you have been discovered with your hubs it can only get better from here.

14. carter06 profile image68
    carter06posted 10 years ago

Congrats Habee..well done..so exciting to hear that hubbers are being offered jobs from the fine work they are doing writing for HubPages!! Cheers

15. Silva Hayes profile image77
    Silva Hayesposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!  How exciting!

16. Ceres Schwarz profile image39
    Ceres Schwarzposted 10 years ago

Congratulations smile. That's really awesome news.

17. gags3480 profile image60
    gags3480posted 10 years ago

Congratulations habee. You are an excellent writer & I love reading your hubs.

18. L.L. Woodard profile image68
    L.L. Woodardposted 10 years ago

I just love hearing other people's success stories and this is a great one! Inspiring and motivational to the rest of us for certain. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

19. ComfortB profile image84
    ComfortBposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Habee! Thanks for sharing and spreading the joy. smile

20. janiek13 profile image76
    janiek13posted 10 years ago

Way to go! Happy for you

21. sgbrown profile image95
    sgbrownposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Habee!  I am so happy for you.  Your opportunity is well deserved!  smile

22. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

Fantastic!

23. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 10 years ago

This is great news, Habee! Congratulations.

24. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 10 years ago

That's tremendous news, Habee.  Wonderful to hear first thing in the morning - what a great way to start the day.  Congrats!

25. Horatio Plot profile image74
    Horatio Plotposted 10 years ago

That's great to hear, Habee. xxx

26. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 10 years ago

That's cool smile Well, we'd just have to wait for it to be published first in order to know what it was

27. cornwall_UK profile image69
    cornwall_UKposted 10 years ago

I get offers to write for people.  Some are laughable, the rates offered; on average 2/3rds of those asking me to write for them become clients though, which is a good conversion rate.

I think a lot of people assume I'm not "for hire" so don't think to ask.

28. StitchTheDamned profile image67
    StitchTheDamnedposted 10 years ago

That is so cool! Congratulations!!

29. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

That is wonderful, habee. Congratulations on your success. Your good fortune is a positive motivator for hubbers that excellence really does pay off in the longrun. How's the food tasting going? tongue

30. profile image0
    dashingmeposted 10 years ago

Wow congratulation, Habee! You did a great job and now its worth to paid off:)

31. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 10 years ago

You guys are so cool!

Answers to questions in this thread:

Yes, I'm a nightowl. Always have been.

The food tasting is going great. I'm working on my cookbook, BTW.

1. roxanne459 profile image80
      roxanne459posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!! With your talent, I have no doubt it will be amazing. smile

32. suzzycue profile image86
    suzzycueposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Habee. You are an inspiration to us all.

33. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

What the what?! You go girl! Congratulations!

34. ZschueruvwinRT profile image60
    ZschueruvwinRTposted 10 years ago

Great! Congratulations! smile

35. Vlorsutes profile image72
    Vlorsutesposted 10 years ago

Best of luck to you habee.

36. skperdon profile image83
    skperdonposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Habee! smile
    All the best!

37. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years ago

That's so exciting! Congratulations. big_smile

38. faythef profile image70
    faythefposted 10 years ago

Congratulations..that is so AWESOME...

39. WillStarr profile image82
    WillStarrposted 10 years ago

Wow! Congratulations to a very deserving writer!

Keep us updated.

40. Charles James profile image68
    Charles Jamesposted 10 years ago

I am so pleased for you!
    There is hope for us all!

41. drbj profile image78
    drbjposted 10 years ago

Why am I not surprised? You go, girl!

42. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! Your writing is so interesting, I'm not surprised.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)