Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 175 discussions (286 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

First of all, I'd like to thank KCC for the October Challenge and the whole idea of a bunch of us joining together each month to encourage and support each other on the HubChallenge. I had a ball last month and it was great to get to know so many of you a lot better.

KCC and I had so much fun in October with the Hub Challenge, that we thought it would be fun to have another one in November.

So here's a few days advanced notice if you'd like to think about joining us. You have some time to plan a strategy and think about a niche, if you'd like to go in that direction. Or just write a hub every day on something that strikes your fancy.

My goal in the last challenge was to learn to work with the Ebay program - as well as write 30 hubs in 30 days. I think it's gone pretty well and I'll be writing a post on Ryan's Blog to fill you in on what I learned.

Today and tomorrow I'm writing my last few Ebay Christmas hubs for October and I'm deciding what I'll focus on in November.

If you decide to join us, Ryan Hupfer asks that you include the tag NovHubChallenge in each of your hubs. It will help him know who participates in the Hub Challenge and who completes it.

And post your HubChallenge hubs in this topic http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049.

If you're new to the notion of the Hub Challenge check out the topics at the top of this forum. Ryan outlined the concept and rules there.

So are you joining KCC and me? Chime in and let us know.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes i'm in. i couldn't resist that cute little money paw again, haha wink

thanks for the info re: the tag...i will do that.

oh boy, here we go....

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*waves cute little monkey paw at Cosette*  Glad to have you join us again Cosette! Let's have some fun, shall we?

2. GFE 702 profile image61
      GFE 702posted 14 years agoin reply to this
    3. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
      LeslieAdrienneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The link to submit our Nov challeng hubs is broken....help

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yes I'm up for another hubchallenge Nelle!, so count me in yet again! as I avoided the October one as I just needed time to think about specific topics and now I have, so it's time to challenge myself in the last part of this year......roll on with the challenge....gives me a few days to get things ready and in place!!!

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Wooooo hooooo!  I've seen some fantastic results from my October hubs.  I managed to publish 31 so far. Hope to get another 3-4 out by tomorrow night that I've been working on all month in one form or fashion.  They each need finishing touches.  Then I am geared up and ready to knock out 30+ for November.   I'd love to have a good group of fellow hubbers join us.  Nelle was great inspiration and support to me (and everyone else!)during October, along with Livewithrichard, Lynne Chandler, Earner, Sabreblade and so many many more.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I'm up for the challenge.  I finished 32 in October and have really seen a boost in both Amazon and Ebay as well as Adsense. I probably could have punched out another dozen but I was neglecting my other blogs and websites... I really need to learn better time management, online and offline. 

I was going to do the Novel in a month thing but decided against it, I don't want to churn out crap and regret it later..lol So I'll churn out some hubs to make me some $$$.

Good luck everyone.  We can do this!

1. profile image0

I had a feeling you'd come along with us this month. Time management and work organization is really critical for working online. I'd love to write even more hubs, but I have to keep up with the other blogs and website as well. (I just started a new blog and website, dedicated to Ebay.) At least I'm just focusing on Ebay this month. It is truly a madness, working at home on the couch. Who knew it could get so busy!

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Nelle let me first congratulate you on an awesome month even though you were sick during it. Glad to see you are feeling better.

Secondly, the hubchallenge is an awesome opportunity to help yourself (that is directed to all hubbers new and old alike) along the path to gaining more quanity and quality hubs that will increase your net worth.

Thirdly, I am in for NovHubChallenge. I'm shooting for 50 hubs this next month as I would like to double the number I have now. Along with my regular crafting articles and such, I am going to be focusing on something special.

Looking forward to the challenge this next month. Oh and one final tip before I go, the holidays are right around the corner and commitments will start to strain you as you write. If you can start the month strong so that you only have a few to do at the end when Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing, black Friday shopping, and all that wonderfully blessed time with family might get in the way, start out strong but don't overdo yourself either a strong pace is best. Double up where you can and on the days you can and then hopefully by the end there will be just a few to add in.

Happy Hubbing and Happy Turkey Day!

5. profile image0

Waynet it will be good to have you aboard for November. KCC what can I say, it wouldn't be a HubChallenge without you. And LynneChandler - I think you are a hooked hubber! Fantastic that you want to double your hubs.

Good point about the holiday season making us all crazy. So it would be really smart to get off to a fast start this month.

6. KCC Big Country profile image83

I think Lynne made an excellent point as well.  Another reason to blast hard early on is for the extra revenue from Christmas shoppers. 

I'm glad to see Wayne join us.  Wayne has really been cranking out the hubs lately.

7. profile image0

Thanks guys. It is going to be important to work your hubs for those sales for sure. I found a great little hub by yoshi last night that explained the amazon capsule to me in the simplest terms http://hubpages.com/hub/Yoshis-Hubbing- … your-hubs. If you are having trouble understanding it you might want to check this one out.

I also found a hub about setting up google analytics which I hadn't done yet and it was supper easy with this explanation. I didn't save the link to that one unfortunately but if you just type in google analytics in the search bar there is a multitude of hubs that come up.

Both of these things are important for making money. The amazon will help you sell products and the analytics will give you a lot of good information on where the traffic is coming from etc.

I hope to see a lot more signing up for the November Hub Challenge. Oh and don't forget to reset your clocks this weekend.

8. profile image0

Great hub suggestions Lynne. Set my clock? This weekend? Oh my, thank you I had completely forgotten.

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Congrats to you all!

I wish I had it in me to do 30 in 30!

You do have it in you and for goodness sake LET IT OUT!  LOL

That's why we're here to help you!    There is no way to fail at this.

10. profile image0

Jane, you can do it. Come on along and participate. It is great fun and you'll be adding to the great hubs you already have.

11. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

I am going to join in officially for November.  I have a plan in mind already and I will be starting it, well, actually yesterday, but continuing in November.  I am starting to see some really great results in Adsense and Ebay mostly.  So I am going to focus there.  My Amazon right now is a lot of clicks and not too many sales, so I will have to rethink that a bit, but for now, Adsense and Amazon. Yesterday was my biggest Adsense day so far, $4.90 so I am just going to keep setting new goals. smile

Awesome to have you join us Lakeerieartists!  You've definitely got the right attitude and you're doing your homework to make sure you're optimizing your results.

2. profile image0

Fantastic to have you aboard. Glad to hear that your seeing great results in adsense and Ebay.

12. profile image50
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

I failed miserably in the last challenge Nelle but I think I will give the November one a go as I want to build up my hubs so deff count me in for this one. Good luck all !

You know you can do this...so just do it!  Spend half as much time in the forums and chasing Darkside and double the time spent on creating hubs.   wink

1. Sexy jonty profile image58
        Sexy jontyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hope someday I would also write some great hubs .....

When is "someday" arriving?  You have over 1000 photo hubs.  Stop gathering photos and write.

2. profile image50
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I shall take that advice my friend and do just that smile

2. profile image0

That's the spirit. I know that you have one great hub in you every day. Be great to have you around!

13. profile image0

Well, guys and gals, I got started a might early. Posted two new hubs tonight so my challenge will run 31 days, Oct. 31 to Nov. 30.

Good luck to you all and I can't wait to see all the new posts.

14. profile image0
    assemberposted 14 years ago

Is there a prize for this or just good fun and perhaps make some money via increased traffic?

I am tempted because I do seem to have a tendency to spend too much time watching stats. The stats don't change unless I do many somethings smile

1. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No prize but yes increased traffic and a little money in the boot too.

Come on in and join the fun!

15. Jane@CM profile image60

Gosh, you are all so darn convincing!

1. profile image0

Oh Jane come on Join the Money Hubber Express - whoops I mean HubChallenge. You know you want to.

It would make KCC so happy (she's waving her little monkey paw now), we're really a fun and positive bunch. LynneChandler is really looking forward to you joining....

Even HealthTip is joining in the fun this month.

Great time of year to be increasing those hubs.

16. KCC Big Country profile image83

C'mon Assember and Jane@CM!  It's fun and the rewards are from the increased traffic, the increased clicks and the increased revenue. I'm making a monthly payout and Adsense and Amazon.  That's money I can spend for Christmas.

17. profile image0
    assemberposted 14 years ago

Okay , I am in

1. profile image0

That's a great decision. A committment to write 30 hubs in 30 days will really get you off to a fantastic start with Hubpages.

Use this Topic to let us know how you're doing and post your hubs in the Sticky Topic started by Darkside at the top of this forum.

It's really inspiring when Hubbers share their progress. Keeps us all motivated. So when you start to see increased traffic and revenue be sure to let us know.

Again great to have you aboard.

18. KCC Big Country profile image83

*clanks cymbals like the wild monkey girl I am*   Welcome aboard, Assember!  There will be more posted tomorrow and Monday about the Challenge.  You can start thinking about, and working on, whatever you plan to publish for the next 30 days.  I've got several in the works.  I've posted a couple today, but I'm still counting them on my October Challenge.  I have 34 published now in October.

19. profile image0

WooHooo! Assember that is freaking awesome.

Ok, Jane come on you can do it. You have a whole host of things to write about with one teenager still at home, the hubby looking for work, the new college student and all that she will have to share when she comes home for the holidays.

20. KCC Big Country profile image83

*jumping up and down waving*

21. lakeerieartists profile image63

Okay, what did I do on Halloween.  Wrote four hubs that is what I did.  LOL

1. profile image0

Better for you than pigging out on Chocolate - which is what some of us did.

1. lakeerieartists profile image63
        lakeerieartistsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did that when I got home.

Okay, was up late last night and wrote #1.  I will be out of town today ,but we are driving so I am enlisting my husband to help me come up with topics.  smile

22. KCC Big Country profile image83

You deserve a WHOLE bag of Halloween treats for that!  Awesome job!  I have been doing some research for a couple of mine.  Posted two others today I think.  Went out geocaching and taking photos.  It's been a great day!

23. lakeerieartists profile image63

I was working but it was dead so I wrote up some hubs I had been thinking about.  What is geocaching?

24. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I'd like to try. I didn't actually make it to 30 in October -- I made it to about 25 -- but it's a new month and new time to start fresh!

Perfect attitude, Naomi!  25 hubs in 30 days is SUPERB! You're still going to see the same great benefits from the 25 !  Start fresh tomorrow and see what you can crank out in November.  Who knows, you may even publish 35 and make up the other 5 from October.  It's all a great experience!  Welcome aboard the November HubChallenge Choo-Choo!

25. KCC Big Country profile image83

Geocaching is a like a giant international game of hide and seek.  There are almost 1 million geocaches hidden around the world.  I go out looking for them.  I've written a hub about it.  It's called "Geocaching and Splinterheads".  "Splinterheads" is a moving coming out this month that features a bit of geocaching in it.

26. KCC Big Country profile image83

I knew you'd be along to join, livewithrichard.  Nice Halloween avatar!  We're going to have fun, fun, fun!

27. profile image0

Early bird gets the worm Lynne! Good for you. I saw a hub come in from lakeerieartists. I'll have to make sure I fan folks so I can see how we're doing.

28. matiano_9 profile image60
    matiano_9posted 14 years ago

I think I'm ready for a hub challenge, I have written 3 hubs and I'd like to turn that into 33 by the end of November.

Good luck everyone.

You'll see such a big difference in 3 hubs and 33.  It'll be like night and day.  Welcome to the NovHubChallenge!

29. profile image0

I'm hoping to get a little more than worms this month Nelle, lol. I see that Jane also just posted a new hub.

Matiano_9 -- it definitely will increase that number of hubs as well as generate more traffic, increase your revenue, and is an all out good time.

30. glendoncaba profile image72
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

My day job got me so busy...well that's just another excuse so I'll just confess to doing only 14 or 15 for last challenge but something tells me November will be my month.

It had better be.  This is 4th attempt to do 30 in 30...How did that Edison light bulb story go again?! smile

OK this time I will write the 30 hubs.  I'm in.

LOL...I love your Edison reference.  That's it Glendoncaba...perseverence.  You can do it.  As I think Lynne pointed out, the end of the month is going to get hectic with Thanksgiving (if you're in the US) and Black Friday shopping.  If you stay 'caught up' during the first part of the month, it will be much less stressful at the end when you may want to take some time off from hubbing.  Just squeezing a couple of extra hubs in these first few weeks will help.  Welcome to the NovHubChallenge!

2. profile image0

Those darn day jobs. But we have lots of folks who work full time with us. Think of it as growing your independence fund. Plan B if everything goes wrong with your job someday, you'll have something else going right in your life.

31. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi, I would like to join the the Nov challenge!

Welcome to the NovHubChallenge.  I knew you'd eventually make it over here.  I saw your reference to wanting to join the challenge in another forum yesterday.  It'll be fun.  We've got a good group going already.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks so much!!

32. Katelyn Weel profile image91
    Katelyn Weelposted 14 years ago

I'm in for the November challenge as well.. will be interesting!
    Good luck to everyone!

Welcome aboard Katelyn!  It will be incredibly interesting.  They always are.

2. profile image0

Katelyn welcome to Hubpages and the Challenge. It's a great way to get off to a fast start.

33. Jane@CM profile image60

I've done two today...

I'll need encouragement!

LOL...you've already done two? How are you going to need encouragement?  LOL 

We're here to help...just tell us how.

2. profile image0

Oh Jane, you're one of us now. Pretty soon a day won't be complete without writing a hub.

You've written two already for November. I'm with KCC, why do you think you need encouragement? You're ahead of me already!

Just keep chiming in and writing away. Pretty soon you'll start to see your traffic increasing and you'll just want to do even more.

I love to hear hubbers say "I know I can do 30, so I'm shooting for 40 this month."

34. profile image0

Wow, what a great group.

Jane, you are doing great already.

Pretty, Katelyn and Glen welcome aboard the NovHubChallenge Train. Enjoy the journey!

35. profile image0

Just a reminder everyone, Ryan is trying to track this month so please put NovHubChallenge in as one of your tags.

1. profile image0

I keep forgetting to do that, so I've had to put a sticky on my computer to remind me. Thanks for bringing that up again Lynne.

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I posted the notice and then went and wrote my third for the NovHubChallenge and came back here to post a link and all and yep had to go back and add in that tag, lol. Post-it note coming up.

36. profile image0

You can hang out with us HealthTip - just not too much. How's the Hub writing going?

37. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Ya know, I only got 17 done in the month of October, but who knows how many I would have finished had I not accepted a challenge.

I will say that I did get a lot done since I also wrote 4 articles on eHow, 25 blog posts, and several articles on Xomba as well.  So my time was more spread out but fairly intense as well.

I will challenge myself again to get more and more done and see where it takes me.  I was disappointed in my October traffic at HubPages.  It was down about 8%.  But my overall traffic across all sites was up 10%.  I just hope the negative trend here does not persist.

38. profile image0

Kidgas, I broke out of a traffic rut last month. So there is hope. I've been reading your blog so I know you've been writing like crazy. Eventually you're going to see big gains. This is a very hard economic time to be starting out in.

1. Kidgas profile image63
      Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle,
      Thanks so much for reading my blog.  It is interesting that traffic there has been improving.  Overall, I am looking at total AdSense impressions.  While I can't state exact numbers, I will say that total impressions for October were up.  But it would have been nice to see HP traffic maintain itself even while adding hubs.

I like the hard economic times.  When ad revenues improve, I will be right there to cash in with multiple sites and venues.  I think this will be my first Hub of the November challenge.  Look for it later tonight.

39. KCC Big Country profile image83

I broke all previous records with pageviews, revenue, etc. But, my greatest source of all of this was from hubs I wrote in September.  September is when I wrote all of my Halloween and fall hubs.  All of them performed well.  I'm starting to feel the pageviews drop off now that Halloween is over, but I spent October writing Christmas related hubs so maybe they will begin to kick in.  I published 34 hubs in October. 

Welcome aboard the new challenge Kidgas.  Always nice to have yet another quality hubber join us.

40. ethel smith profile image83
    ethel smithposted 14 years ago

No thanks

1. profile image0

uhm..okay.

Ethel writes about 30 in a month anyway.  She does fine on her own.

41. profile image50
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

One a day it is Nelle, here is Number 1.

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Causes-Mouth-Ulcers

Ps - Let me know how to add the Nov Hub tag, thank you.

42. profile image0

That's super healthTip. (But we're supposed to post the hubs in topic that darkside started at the top of this forum.) Just a gentle reminder, you're not the first to do this.

Add the tag NovHubChallenge just as you would any other tag.

I hope chocolate and candy doesn't cause mouth ulcers or I'm in for some trouble.

43. profile image0

We could get very busy KCC if thousands of hubbers let us know they aren't partcipating. Our topic might get longer than "last one to post wins."

My head just went blank today. I went to Ebay and not one product spoke to me. Hub exhaustion perhaps, but more likely way too much candy and fun last night.

44. Its Angel profile image61
    Its Angelposted 14 years ago

I was wondering, is this an open challenge for all of the hubbers or a private one for members of a  certain forum or something? If it is open, I'd like to try, can't promise I'd get to finish but it looks like it might be fun, is it open?

Angel

45. KCC Big Country profile image83

It's open to anyone Its Angel.  Welcome to the NovHubChallenge!

It'll be a blast and we're all here to help each other.  Just holler.

46. turtlesalad profile image57
    turtlesaladposted 14 years ago

I'm in for the November challenge 'cause I started working on 30 so close to November anyway.  Good luck everybody!

47. KCC Big Country profile image83

Wooo hooo......Turtlesalad is in.  You could go either way with it.  It just seems so much easier to me to do it by the calendar month that way I always know what day it is. smile

1. blue dog profile image60
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, i'm still trying to finish the october one up, seeing's how i started on 10.06.  lagging a bit behind, but feeling confident to wrap this up by tuesday or wednesday.  give me a couple of days rest, and i'll start another around the 6th of november.

It's not a problem at all, BluDog!  You can just continue doing the regular 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge.  It is designed to start and stop at any 30 day period.  Sounds like you're doing fine with that method.  No need to rush things or change things.  It's my fault that we have the monthly challenges.  I just started that because I like doing it that way and I thought other might find it easier too.  It doesn't replace the regular 30 Hubs in 30 days that is ongoing.

48. The Rope profile image59
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Good Luck to each and every one of you.  Hope you don't mind if I just follow along this time(too much on my plate right now so I'll have to bow out of this one). I learned so much during the last challenge that I don't want to miss the fun.  I know HP will only get better and better through these challenges and will enjoy watching it all evolve.  Again Good Fortune to each and every one of you who takes up the challenge!

1. profile image0

Thank you for your good wishes.

49. KCC Big Country profile image83

Thanks The Rope!  That is very kind of you! You do learn a lot from them don't you?  Some things you just have to learn by trial and error and I think committing to writing 30 hubs in 30 days allows for that nicely.  Remember, you can jump in anytime you like.

50. lakeerieartists profile image63

Okay back from being out of town and ready to work on some more hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)