Would You Rather Be Seen Naked By A Stranger Or Be Dead?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 71 discussions (129 posts)
  1. profile image0
    timothy_mccorkellposted 14 years ago

In the wake of the latest attempted airline bombing, this seems to be the debate of the day. Sure, the airport body scaners are intrusive. The person that scans you gets to see your body. And yeah, that's all of your body.

But what's even more upseting to most parents, is the fact that the person operating the scan, gets to see your kids body in all it's nakedness if their traveling with you. As a result, some lawmakers are now making legislation to stop at least some of these body scans at select airports.

But, are these legislators really protecting you and your kids, or are they putting you in further danger? I don't really think that anyone can say for sure, just what the right answer is. But it seems to be coming down to this choice. Would you rarher be seen naked by an airport official or be dead?

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dead.. way too many scars from various repairs.  One of my boys ask when he was much younger, "Who put you together?"

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol
        my kids say...."does that hurt mommy?" I dont tell them they did it to me. I say "no, honey its just stretch marks"..."well.. Im glad Im not as stretchy as you!!!"

2. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that's over-dramatic.  Of course, replying to the question as it is phrased, everyone would rather be seen naked than be dead.  But I don't believe those are the only two options in this case.  And presenting them as the only two options is misleading and borders on fear-mongering, if you ask me.

1. profile image0
        timothy_mccorkellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(LOL) Not everyone here has selcted staying alive, rather than being seen naked. And as far as fear mongering goes, if you look at the current news stories, they are planning on putting these scan devices at almost all airports in the US. Plus the Dutch have announced that they will now place scanners at their airport were the Nigerian bomb guy originated his flight.

But yes, you do make some very valid points. And perhaps we should all be debating what really happened on that plane that day. I find it very hard to believe that are guys were really asleep at the switch. And I find it even harder to believe that a plain old passenger lept over three seat isles to snuff out the fire. And by the way, they never did say what was used for the attempted fire, rather al they say is that the attempted bomber gave himself a burn.

Anyway, I thought that all devices that could start a fire were banned from all the airlines. It's also strange that suddenly the government is going to roll out all these new scanners so quickly. Since these devices are made by private companies I'm amazed that the government can rush these contracts threw so fast.

And the failed bomb fumbler really didn't scare anyone except maybe the so called drug mules that conceal drugs inside their bodies. Of course I'm not an expert, but I would imagine that the scanners would detect drugs concealed inside a body. So perhaps the government figured that getting a little egg on their face was well worth it to accomplish their real objective at warp speed. Or maybe leaping over three isles isn't really that hard. I really don't know. I never tried it or even consider it. I would have just got out of my seat and ran down the isle. But hey, that doesn't make the best news copy. (LOL)

3. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the second includes the first, less the airport guy thingy.. So, were screwed.

1. profile image0

uh, just be wearing clean underwear? smile

4. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I quite like the idea of being seen naked by a stranger, so...

5. Springboard profile image84
      Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Put another way. Either the airport security scanner will see you naked, or the mortician will. I'd much rather be seen naked ALIVE.

6. profile image0
      WizardOfOzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I quite enjoy showing my bits.  Seriously.

Naked in front of anyone at all vs dead?  Is this a real question?

7. palmerlarryray profile image65
      palmerlarryrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Back in my drinking days, I was seen naked by many strangers so I guess my answer is naked in front of a stranger....   although some of the women I woke up with might have made me wish I was dead...lol

8. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, I couldn't care less if anyone saw me naked. Hell, I'd fly naked if that would make us all safe! The reality is, all this does is inconvenience the traveler. Do we really need to search everybody? Why? In Israel, they simply ask questions of people they think are suspicious, young males traveling from Yemen with no luggage and paying cash for a one way ticket, might have even gotten passed an xray machine with explosives sewn in his underwear, but let's face it, that guy should have been pulled out of line and strip searched! Do we really have to xray an 80 Jewish grandma from Detroit traveling to Texas on Thanksgiving? It's ridiculous!

1. free4india profile image61
        free4indiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree very much

9. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you will be naked in front of strangers when you are dead anyway...hospital/mortician/autopsy

1. free4india profile image61
        free4indiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quite a point !

10. yoshi97 profile image57
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My concern is more so for the other party involved. smile

11. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I pity the stranger that sees me naked. It would not bother me, but I think they would be bothered. A lot.

2. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I would rather be naked in front of many strangers in a group than be dead..if those were my only 2 options..

seriously

1. wsp2469 profile image59
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me, too.  I vote for naked especially if it's the same place where B.C. is!

3. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Hehehe I agree with BC Boutique nyahahaha big_smile

4. double_frick profile image60
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

well, thats a little extreme i think.
    but i guess for the sake of this discussion i'd rather be...dead. hahahaha bet ya didn't expect that. well thats how i feel.

but jokes aside (jokes?) who was it that said (i'm paraphrasing, possibly horribly) a man who gives away their liberties for safety deserve neither...and something to the effect that they will also GET neither.
    this has been a hot topic since 9/11...allowing some of our personal freedoms and privacies to be molested under the guise of national security.

i mean, security is one thing. but naked in front of strangers? and the kids? some of the lengths they want to take this is just absurd.
    i even heard talk from DHS wanting to put shock bracelets on airplane passengers...and give the little red buttons to FLIGHT ATTENDANTS!

my two cents....or maybe three.

1. profile image0

I think you have a good point, and I'll tell you why. I think that most of the people posting asume that we will all be scanned naked at a major metropolitan airport where it's not likely that we will know our scanner.

But how about being scanned at a small and very local airport where it might be more likely that your scanner could even live next door to you, or at least see you at the supermarket.

I can still remember being in the deep and rustic south and calling the airport to say that I would be too late to make my flight. And yeah, they told me that they would hold the plane for me till I got there. That made be a believer in southern hosbitality for sure. I was just amazed that I was an hour late, and everyone applauded when I bordered the plane.

So, yeah, a small town airport where everyone knows everyone could be a real akward situation to say the least.

5. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

if its a group of hot girls, then sure.  however, if its a bunch of gay guys.  no offense fellas as i have NOTHING against you all, but i'd rather be dead.  lol

1. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure plenty of gay men have seen you naked. Unless of course you have never been naked in a group of men before.

No offense, it just seems that so many people know so little about who is gay, and who isn't, that they never really consider it. But, you wouldnt have to worry about being dead, they are going to see you wether you know it or not.

At any rate if you are naked for the sole purpose of being around the "hot" the outcome will be the same. They'll pay attention for about 5 seconds and look at someone else.

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Point big_smile

6. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

well there BIG FLIRT..what if they were older , not so hor "girls"..what then silly?

1. Laura Thykeson profile image64
      Laura Thykesonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps a "Freudian" slip with the slight typo, lolol!!

Anyway,I have nothing that any other woman doesn't have, mine is just old and looks worse (gravity is a cruel thing...)I would much rather be naked than dead, and if it saved my children for them to be seen "naked" for a few seconds in a scanner, then so be it. Scan away. I saw the images of what these scanners produce, and I saw nothing outlandish. Basically looked kind of like an x-ray to me....

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I'd rather not fly, period.  Last time I did was to NYC (from Montana) to audition for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.  My hotel put me in room 911 (this was in 2006), I flunked the audition, and the searchers tossed my checked bag thoroughly after cutting off the little padlocks and "disappearing" them. 

Next time I auditioned, I did it in Las Vegas...and drove to get there.

Flying is for the birds.

1. itech profile image64
      itechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you Really a ghost who died at 32 years of age (unexpectedly) & still on earth to complete 100 years as God suggested you to complete.

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I'm with ghost. I hate flying!

9. profile image0
    Citrus000posted 14 years ago

Flying....I don't really like too much
    Naked.....I really don't mind too much

Flying Naked, Heck yea!

I am soooo buying a ticket on THAT flight.  Hope we have some cute flight attendants.  Might not need a movie then!

10. profile image0
    Citrus000posted 14 years ago

I do think that it's a bit extreme to go threw such extents for security though. smile

11. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

Not really interested in dying at this point in time-and don't have much fear of being seen in the nude...So I vote, let them see me naked (just no pictures, don't want to deal with that crap on the internet again)

1. profile image0
      Citrus000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol   lol   lol

Or wait.... were you serious?  yikes

wait--i missed that!
        WHAT site are the pix on anyway?

1. H.C Porter profile image81
          H.C Porterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL,
          It was a joke-but a of true content
          Example 1- of why I am not married

(Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhh)

I didnt give permission, I didnt even figure it out for myself. I was told by a co-worker who found them.
              Ever have that rumor go around the office about you? nakedness spreads like a wild fire...

12. profile image56
    LadyXpressposted 14 years ago

So what would the alternatives be now that the "bad guys" are hiding things in their underwear??  I say it's better to be safe than sorry, so no problem with the scanning for me.  Plus, I don't consider my aging naked body a very pretty sight, so whomever gets to do my scan might wish they were dead! ;p

1. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Latest reports are that the next step would-be plane bombers might take is to have explosives surgically implanted.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OOO there is a nasty thought

13. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

citrus and HC BOTH naked?  AND BC too?  I am soooo there!

1. profile image0
      Citrus000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  big_smile   big_smile

2. G Miah profile image78
      G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Leave some room for me!!

14. Suspect20 profile image67
    Suspect20posted 14 years ago

I will show myself naked to anyone for a fair price, I would really not like to be dead though.

15. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

uh huh huh, uh huh huh
    she said
    spreads

big_smile yikes
      I guess she did, didnt she?

16. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Flash security people to make sure nobody has a bomb.... doesn't sound so bad to me

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Prometheus...as long as the security people are not flashing me!

Some of those people are flat out...ughhhh!

2. profile image0

Wow Pr0metheus is right. We are sort of flashing the scan people at the airport. But we are just not doing it wearing a raincoat over our naked bodies.

I wonder if there are any Europeans out there. From first hand experience I know that their views are a lot different on nudity than ours in the US.

In fact, as far as nudity goes, few Americans can show the restraint that most Europeans show. I experienced this first hand when my US Navy warship was the first and only ship to ever pull into a nude beach in the Maldives where all the European jet set were hanging out.

And yes, it really was official business, because we were concerned at the time the Russians would try to establish a navy base there to oversee us at the British base that we were using in Diego Garcia.

Anyway, none of the US sailors were able to join in the nudity on the beach because of fears of rising antenna problems. So we had to keep our trunks on, whereas the European males had no such problems because it was just another day at the beach for them. So, that's why I'm curious if the Europeans may see this nude scan thing a little differently than we do.

17. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

As for my own reply, I have been naked in front of a lot of people. It doesn't bother me a bit.(Been to a nude beach yuk!)

If you have ever been to a water park, or the beach, undressing in front a hundreds of strangers is part of the routine.

I'm not too keen on undressing in front of women, but when you are walking around in just a bathing suit where there are thousands of people looking at you.

If you would rather be dead than be seen naked. Wow, I can't imagine. I would even pick being naked in a room full of people before I would eat spinach. So no big deal to me.

I forgot my family guy humor! Does everyone have their barf bags ready? here comes the naked people!

18. efeguy profile image41
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

for security,i think i will give in for a check.

prevention they say is better than cure.

19. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

I have no problem with naked. I entered the world this way.

Remember, under our cloths, we are all naked wink

20. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I have never flown. But if I know what is about to happen, I have the choice to get on the plane or not.

If I had to pick between dead or naked...heck..I pick naked on a normal day for no good reason...  wink in fact I could be naked right now for all you know...

I know, tho, your question was more to do with how parents feel about thier children being subjected to this. And I think I would rather never fly, then put my kids in that a situation.

If for some unforseen reason, I had to fly, no way around it, I would rather the scanner, that doesnt show actual...stuff...then risk a bomb on my flight.

21. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

The question is wrong. I used to fly a lot till recent years, and my friends and relatives still fly a lot. Neither me, nor any one of my friends and relatives and the people they know was ordered to get naked in the airport. Never. Neither I ever saw any kind of machine that makes clothes transparent, and never heard of it.

On the other hand, ripping passengers off their clothes in no way guarantee a safe flight. Searching is much more about showing off than real safety. The real work that affects safety happens behind the scenes well away from airports.

So, your choice is fully artificial and does not make a bit of sense.

I don't mind getting naked though, especially in the good company we have here. wink

And frankly, I am not afraid of dieing either, when my time comes. smile

1. profile image0

it was on some show like 60 minutes..my husband thought it was good idea.  wink he said he might hthink about flying if that machine was real, and he got to be last in line...but hten agian, he did waste alot of Bazooka Joe dollars on xray vision glasses.

22. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

at this point I don't even want a Dr. to see me naked and not my friends or family, so definitely no strangers may peek at me!  And since I won't let the Dr. see me I may very well die soon without anyone knowing why!  It might be from the embarrassment, don't know!

1. SoftCornHippo profile image60
      SoftCornHippoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you never travel no where? thing is on them scanners you're really not necked - they can just see through your clothes@! so . . .

23. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

The full body scan does not show you naked, it shows your bones. It is like getting a bone scan.

24. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Naked.

25. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

I actually have a full, 56 picture set gallery on an adult paysite that none of you will EVER guess! I also have that set for sale on a few sites.

SOOOOOOO, I could care less who sees me naked. But I expect payment!! wink

26. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I would rather be naked however an adult scanning my child would truly be a different story. There are to many pedophiles and perverts in this world and I am definitely a protective parent. Machines should be turned off when it came to minors. smile

1. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The way I see it, if the machines are being run by mature professionals, a child getting scanned would be no different than anyone else getting scanned. Besides, a kid's more likely to be abused by a parent, teacher, or coach than by someone the kid walks past maybe only once.

The first time I flew after 9-11, my 11 month old son had to be searched because the snaps in his sleeper set off the metal detectors. Some people would think it's ridiculous that they searched a baby, but people have stooped to smuggling stuff on babies before.

27. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Here's another option: Would it help...if ya' just "streaked" through the scanners?

28. Ellie DropDead profile image58
    Ellie DropDeadposted 14 years ago

Well I wouldnt like it but its a stranger and everyone is the same ? and if they see hundreds of bodies why would yours be so special .. who really cares? Being alive and seen nacked or being dead and not seen at all?
    Errrm i think being alive and seen!

29. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

I love voyeurism, it's kind of fun not knowing who is checking things out...Naked of course!

1. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

!!!

30. Manly Man profile image58
    Manly Manposted 14 years ago

They might be able to help reduce the national debt by selling tickets to watch the scanners while waiting for flights. They might even be able to pick up a few extra bucks by selling seats next to passengers selected while viewing the scans.

1. caravalhophoto profile image60
      caravalhophotoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

31. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Hmmm, I don't have a problem with nudity at all. If all travelers were naked we'd all be equal and no weapons to hide. I don't fly anymore. BTW the new scanners show only an icon like body with any potential problem pin pointed on that icon. The older models did show the genitalia.

1. Manly Man profile image58
      Manly Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No more genitalia? That doesn't sound like progress to me!

32. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Didn't I read about a naked flight that took place recently?

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe those were the commercials that a New Zealand airline shot and promoted on the television.  I saw them, and frankly, it was extremely well done. 

As for naked or dead...I've been seen naked a few times by strangers, so what's one more?  lol

33. profile image0

Ooo, tell us about it UW.

34. profile image0

Maybe I can find it on YouTube then. Thanks Beth

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

CC, here's a link for it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/3 … 23192.html

You did mean the New Zealand ad, didn't you?  lol

35. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Happy to see reason and logic here!

36. dfunzy profile image60
    dfunzyposted 14 years ago

Let's all get naked and let the terrorists win.

37. K Partin profile image59
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Naked! I don 't look so good dead! yikes

38. dogluver1 profile image59
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

If my life depended on it I would rather be seen naked by strangers..

1. Manly Man profile image58
      Manly Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd prefer being seen naked by friends than strangers.

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
        manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uhh...manly man...you're already on your way...in the back...there! No one would accuse ya' of having anything stashed there...for sure...lol!

39. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I have been to a lot of airports and I noticed that in Netherlands Schipoll, they dont have people manning the entry points, it is all machines, look at what happened,

in Australia, and anywhere they are stricter, in europe they are a little bit lax, better be naked than dead...

it scares me when they dont have anybody at the entrypoints when you checked in etc..

40. Going2Oahu profile image59
    Going2Oahuposted 14 years ago

I'm okay with naked I guess. It's kinda' freaky thinking of the one or two operators that will run that "naked machine" at each security entrance. I mean, uh, how does one qualify for that position?

41. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

These body scans look pretty harmless to me--

http://www.livescience.com/images/090401-scan-image-02.jpg

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Despite my wrinkly, wobbly bits, I think I'd prefer to be seen naked than as a body scan. Dead doesn't enter into the equation at all.

42. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

me too! it would put a tiny thrill into their drab little lives...wink

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking more of my own drab little life

43. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

I'd also be quite interested to see a terrorist naked

Just sayin'

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

they gots dynamite in their britches these days. yikes

44. Unkotare profile image59
    Unkotareposted 14 years ago

What's wrong with being seen naked?

45. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 14 years ago

The image posted earlier is a millimeter wave scan...I've seen mention of backscatter x-ray scans that are much worse:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/brainiac/airport_xray_scanner-thumb.jpg

Do.not.like.

46. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

I answer the door topless sometimes. If I must take my panties off as well to live, okay!

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm......? That poses something interesting thoughts? Granted, not much, but I am sure imagination does wonders. lol lol

1. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
        Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thoughts, but not much? I can't figure out if I should be flattered or insulted, Cagsil.

47. Unicron profile image57
    Unicronposted 14 years ago

Allow me to interpret the title to actually be relevant to the real discussion: is your freedom (to the privacy of your body) worth dying for?

But to answer your question, I'll be naked, and even ask if they like what they see.

48. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

It doesn't bother me really. In this weather it would be far more practical to strut around with a fig-leaf.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I suppose this depends on where the leaf is smile

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO they make good eye-patches. smile smile

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hehehe big_smile

1. blondepoet profile image68
          blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The adam and eve thing works even better if you live in a bushy area.

1. profile image60
            logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like bushy and non bushy areas! smile

49. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

I try to get naked in front of strangers, but they don't want to see. I don't get it.

50. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

Since I have a child who I would like to stay with..I would rather be seen naked than to be dead.
    My husband and child agree they don't want me dead either.

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wanna fly with you!

*runs away in zigzags to avoid a lightning bolt*

wink

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lightening bolt zigzags and hits Misha in his tush.smile
        I think I smell smoke.hmm smilie sniffs air.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)