What do women really want on Valentines day?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 64 discussions (197 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

I've just completed a hub on what valentines day gifts for what women really want.  Looking into a man's perspective, I don't think they really have a clue!  So, thought that a discussion on this would be really helpful...

So what do you think women really want?

1. rmshdc profile image56
      rmshdcposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An expensive wrist watch.
      second option: romantic holiday

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or, as said in my hub, a picnic under a bus shelter filled with balloons within a selected setting!   

I think women want thoughtfulness and something to cherish to remind them of that time. x

1. The Rope profile image61
          The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh "Shaz", please post the balloon fantasy in my valentine's hub in comments - it's really too good not to share as many places as possible!!

1. profile image0

I hope you liked my comment.. good hub btw! x

2. Unkotare profile image58
      Unkotareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Complete control of the planet!

1. profile image0

Err... actually we have that already only YOU dont know it! lol x

1. Unkotare profile image58
          Unkotareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I said 'planet.' The word you are thinking of only has five letters.

1. profile image0

No ... I meant planet... hehehe... world domination! lol

3. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a kitten or a puppy or a diamond ring....maybe some nice earrings with matching bracellete and necklace

Of course all I want for Vday is a relaxing fun day with my husband, no presents needed. but if he was to get me a present...I am still waiting for a pair of good combat boots. Yes I know weird gift but hey that is what I want smile

1. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wanted hiking boots for Christmas! smile

Seriously, St. Valentine's Day doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive. Just pay attention to what you know your significant other likes, go with that. But if she likes, say, pizza, don't just stick some frozen bit of cardboard in the oven.

1. profile image0

Yes, it is about being truly thoughtful!

2. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sweet I'm not the only one who just wants boots for a holiday big_smile

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i luv getting flowers. i've gotten long-stemmed red roses in a big white box with a red satin ribbon around it. what's not to love about that? i also got a giant pink carebear with a heart on his tummy...that's on my bed and i cuddle with it and think of who gave it to me. i also like getting chocolates...good ones not cheap ones from Walgreens. and dinner out at a fabulous posh restaurant, not TGI Friday's.

1. profile image0

actually, I have stated in my hub that is exactly What women do not want!  Hey, maybe I am wrong?!  Or maybe I am a different generation??? x

5. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Someone or anyone to be respectful, as to, understanding of their need to feel desired or wanted.

Most materialists want something or object.

On Valentine's Day, a women wants to feel special, over and above, other individuals, so that they can have the loving feeling/connection with others. smile

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

see, its not that hard. one stupid day....please just say thank you...

2. profile image0

absolutely caggie!  You are the first man who seems to be in tune.  I know by your postings you are specialx

p.s. a token item is nice though... to help us remember (symbolic representation), especially when times are tough!

6. secondreview profile image59
      secondreviewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every woman is different.  Some are sentimental and appreciate romantic occasions or gifts that display your knowledge of them.  Others are more practical and believe that if you value them, you'll give them something of value.  It also depends on how you love them and what you love about them.

7. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

um, world peace?

1. profile image0

Absolutely!

8. falcon64 profile image60
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A necklace with a diamond embed.

9. Perpeptua profile image60
      Perpeptuaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd reckon they favour sex over romance

10. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I honestly never knew Valentines Day people exchange gifts?  We don't, but I best be getting a list together for Tiffany's I swear-truly I did not know this transpired, however we both don't celebrate it, which could be why ha, I'll stick to surprise days, many more of them, so in a long winded way, I suppose my answer is, 'no clue'

2. Anath profile image62
    Anathposted 14 years ago

I am a romantic... I don't care about jewlery or fancy gifts.  My most memorable gifts are those that were unique. 
    For example instead of going to a fancy restaurant I prefer my boy cooking dinner for me and setting the scene like you see it in romantic films: lots of candles, flowers, champagne, a cozy shaggy rug by the fireplace.  That for me shows me that he cares and not just went into a shop, asked the shop assistant for advice and came out with a nice packet choosen by her!

1. profile image0

Absolutely my point in the hub!  It is about being thoughtful and putting love into the experience... not a box of chocolates picked up from the petrol garage! x

1. Anath profile image62
        Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is soooo off putting! especially if you discover the price tag still attached to it sad

1. profile image0

They really dont have a clue do they?!

3. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

Did a hub about it Shaz; advising men It's the card stupid! But essentially I concur it's the thought of love and passion on that special day. Always worked for me no matter if I had money or not. (as a soldier more often not). cool

1. Anath profile image62
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The only Valentine's card that I DO remember is one that a man made himself for me.  He had drawn a picture of my on the front and invented a poem about us.  That is the only card I have ever kept!

1. profile image0

Again... you prove my point in my hub!  hehehe.. We love things from the heart, especially when it is made!  This is thoughtful! x

2. profile image0

Thats what SHE tells you!

"oh, What a lovely pair of panties - just what I always wanted!" LOL

3. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

aww good on ya. For me it's the same I like thoughtfulness, something specil not something expensive.

I'm not a Valentine's girl anyway. I tink it's just about the money.

On Valentine's Day if I was with someone I'd just want to spend the day with them. Or at home cooked meal and cuddles n snuggles, with lit candles and all the lights off a DVD, not romance but action, epic or comedy.

1. profile image0

Exactly Sa Toya.  I don't think they get it, do they?  Take a look at this... hehehe...5 worst valentines day gifts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS5I_XgU … r_embedded

4. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

it is nice to have a man just arrive home with a gift, for no other reason than that he loves you...... they must know that is what every woman wants.... well every woman i know.   They seem to fall short on that score though.....  I prefer my man to go out for the day on Valentines day and give me some peace........ only joking darling of course

1. profile image0

Are you sure it isn't for this?---->

5. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

they do not have a clue is right.  Worse still a boquet of dead flowers, killed by the petrol fumes from the garage.....

MEN

1. profile image0

Notice how the men have gone quiet and are not defending themselves?  They might be looking at my hub to get some ideas!  Lets hope so... they actually might get it right this year! lol

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
        DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll try and defend myself. tongue Provided I'm not single by next Valentines I was thinking of just getting a few assorted things, some practical, some fun, and putting them in a nice little wicker basket I found smile Oh and some good quality flowers too smile I already know the place, just not sure what variety to get tongue

1. efeyas profile image76
          efeyasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that is a great idea! Its unique and thoughtful.

1. profile image0

Yes, it is really sweet.  I think she will like this!x

2. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shaz - you could light it up like Vegas, have big fat 100ft neon arrows pointing at it - and some guys would still take a wrong turn wink

As for me, I'm happy to enjoy a good meal and a bottle of wine. I like to think I'm appreciated every day of the year. He certainly is smile

1. profile image0

NEON LIGHTS ABURN!  I would much rather stick it up and light it ...hehehe... KABOOM! lol

6. profile image0
    Miss Takeposted 14 years ago

noi i doubt if they will get it right.  The best thing to do is go into a florist choose your flowers, chose what you want on the card, even pay for them yourself, then see if you can get the money from him later........

1. profile image0

Absolutely!  I give up with em!

~~~~~~Come on guys .... defend yourselves! ~~~~~~

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
        Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey I have driven through SCUD missle attacks in The Gulf War to use an AT%T Telephone tent in the dessert to call my huny on Valentines Day 1991! The Line was over a 1/4 mile long of guys doiing the same thing as me. There are plenty of us that 'get it'
        Gotta go I got Volunteer work at the Hospital this morning but I'll be back later to continue this!! Game On Ladies! cool

1. profile image0

... and all because a girl loves.... MILK TRAY! lol (thats chocs for anyone not familiar witht he advert) Look here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ya5kh4_ZM

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

have written a hub about this, morning

1. profile image0

Me too babes! They are useless in valentines!!

8. thekidandblue profile image60
    thekidandblueposted 14 years ago

the remote control

1. profile image0

Now that is funnY!

9. DogSiDaed profile image61
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

I still remember what I did for my first ever girlfriend... I wrote her a poem, inside a card that took forever to make, I cut a circle out of the card, cut two heart shapes, shaded them red, stuck them together and hung them from silver thread in the middle. I also got her a teddy bear and a wooden rose... Ahh distant memories xD

1. profile image0

This is what I have inserted into my hub about teddy bears! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm34RVQO … r_embedded

10. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

We need hot kisses and bites that are memorable for years

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What you mean like biting so hard you get scarred for life? xD

11. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Clean dishes and an empty garbage can that I didn't have to do myself wink.

K, on to seriousness...for myself, I'd much rather have some token that shows he's thinking about me and wants to spend time with me, rather than buying me something generic like flowers or chocolates. An evening out together even if it's just for a walk, a houseplant that goes perfectly in that spot I've been wanting to fill, my favorite brand of dark chocolate, or a home-cooked meal with that one dish I really liked but haven't had in months...all of these show that he's actually paying attention and/or wants to spend time with me, THAT'S the best thing for Valentine's Day smile

12. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

I am taking my better half to Mardi Gras for Valentines Day.

13. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 14 years ago

I think I missed the news flash wink  Whatever we guys do it will be wrong, right?  From the cynical me.

I have other answers available lol

1. wychic profile image84
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only if you did something else wrong, it's just a really good excuse to mentally beat you over the head for something we've been seething about. Later we'll get mad at you because you didn't realize that it really had nothing to do with the Valentine's Day thing, and then get mad because you don't know what it is you're in trouble for. tongue

I guess it all depends on the person, I'm perfectly happy if all he does is bring me a can of pop from the break room at work or gives me a hug I wasn't expecting, mileage varies according to the female though smile

14. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

To be loved from the heart wink

15. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I HATE V-day with a passion. All I want, is the same thing I want every day.. to be appreciated, as a human. Not ignored, or forgotten.And it would be nice if this year, the flower delivery van would either 1. be delivering flowers to ME, or 2. purchase a GPS and not stop at my house for directions.

16. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  big_smile

17. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

To those who have posted in despair or disgust - I ask you gals what efforts have you put forward to train you man? Does it take an old widower like me to point out what you already should know? If you are in love with a male, then you have chosen him, and it is up to you to teach him as well. You have a guy that has a thick skull of mush that you must mold into what pleases you. You can not afford to be subtle about the things that you think are important. He does not see things like you do, the empty spot in the corner for a new plant is to him a place to set a beer while he's watching the game.
    If you have a Huny you're are loved from the heart, guys pretty much think their paycheck and continued presence is a clear and convincing statement to that effect, How bout pointing out some of what you do for them in a pleasant and loving way? Like "Baby what so you think of this dish I made for you? I spent 6hrs on the internet finding this recipe....Is it too spicy??"
    or with a deep sigh, oh sweetie I so miss having flowers on the table in the winter time (forlorn sigh)
    See Dogised hasn't been trained at all as he's buying a basket with 'practical' stuff included for valentines day, did his huny ever give him 'The Briefing'? No cords, No appliances, No tools, on Valentines Day, Anniversary, Mothers Day, Birthdays, or Christmas? 
    Miss Take - If you'd do your training you would have flowers everyday, including Valentines day. Put the empty vase where he can see it, when he is close by sidle up close to him and look him straight in the eye and say "Sweetie, do you see that vase over there?" When he says yes why? U say "Do you see the problem with it?" He will then give it closer inspection and reply no what's the matter, is it cracked ? Broken? U say"No sweetie it's Empty." Then bat your eyes at him and pout. He will then understand, It might take a few iterations of this one but eventually he will began to do Vase Maintenance and refill it when you empty it.
    Just remember Task Condition and Standard and train to proficiency. Hoooah!

1. profile image0

i toatlly had a rant planned...but I give up.......must be my fault my mans brains are so mushy that he cant look at me one day out of the year.
      btw, i cook 3 meals a day, because i do love him. but i quit asking if he liked it about 4 years ago when he yelled that i was a f%ק#g nag...and stormed out of the house....clearly my fault for improper training..oh yeah, id kill for an appliance...any recognition or thought whatsoever

2. profile image0

so are you saying that not only must we look after them, we have to THINK for them as well!  Well blow that!  We do enough of that the rest of the year! 

It crosses my mind that many women find themselves picking a present, buying the present and even using their own money to fund it!  Is it any wonder that if a man expects a DIY on gifts, then it would be reasonable to expect a DIY on sex! lol
      *buzz buzz*

1. profile image0

lol he prefers that, less work

1. profile image0

well he cant expect too much of that then....

1. Cagsil profile image70

lol lol lol We can tell where your mind is at. lol big_smile

1. profile image0

buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...hehehe

2. Hmrjmr1 profile image69

See /shaz you have missed my point completely, You do not have to think for them, you have to train them to think how you want them too. We were not given the intricate and subtle powers of perception that you were. It's not a something we do or don't do out of spite or lack of love, it's that some simple training gets us tuned to you. I've said it elsewhere but it bears repeating here.
            Give a Gal a Fish, and she has to cook, Teach her to train her hubby and she'll eat out twice a week!

Hey, speak for yourself. lol lol roll

2. profile image0

Yep and get fat... he goes off with a younger slimmer model who gains all the benefits and none of the hard work! LOL

btw..I love the oxfam commercial comparison here...!

3. wychic profile image84

Exactly!! I like that method. Of course, my SO and I ended up with the perfect combination...he's older and has two ex-wives who taught him what to and not to do, and I'm still young enough to be very blunt about what I want. I have no problem saying, "I want to get a pothos to put in that corner, if I ever get the money to spare..." This tactic has gotten me a big cushy faux leather office chair, an ergonomic keyboard, a massage/heating pad, and help rubbing in lotion whenever I want it provided I specifically ask for it. That, and he's already a gourmet chef, which really helps things...I grew up in a house where the spices were salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

That said...I think Colebabie has the right idea, can't argue with that one wink.

1. profile image0

Get em trained! It has taken me 16 years training him but he still doesnt get it!  But, dont get me wrong - this isnt a moan, Im at a point that it doesnt hurt anymore!  Acceptance is a great thing!! lol

1. wychic profile image84

Some do tend to be a little slow...of course, I'm finding out that un-training can be at least as difficult. Mine still needs constant reminders that when I ask his opinion I really DO want HIS opinion, not what he thinks I want him to say.

1. profile image0

Why do they do that?  Its like stock answers to stock questions.  It makes me feel that the relationship isnt based on genuinity but on falsehood.  I dont like to assume! arggggggggh x

18. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

flowers...and some peace and quiet!
    we're less complicated than you imagine...! wink

1. profile image0

is that with or without the man? lol x

19. profile image0

one year... he came back with a packet of crisps because I like crisps! gee! LOL

20. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

Easy. What women want (every day not just valentine’s day) is their man to be strong but gentle, sensible but playful, completely honest but considerate, handsome but not vain, rich but not materialistic, creative but practical, sensitive but resilient, understanding but no pushover, courageous but not foolish, able to be with everyone but only have eyes for them, romantic but not overly sentimental, assertive but harsh, financially aware but generous, giving but able to receive, able to hold on tight and able to let go, and able to know when to do which.

In short what women want always and everywhere is the moon on a bloody stick!

1. profile image0

a man on a stick would be better! lol

21. profile image0

Porsche.

1. profile image0

yes to pull the younger man! lol (just joking!)

22. profile image0
  23. breakfastpop profile image63
    breakfastpopposted 14 years ago

Women want a card that speaks from the heart. I don't believe the present really matters, but somehing romantic couldn't hurt, or perhaps a dinner for two out.

1. profile image0

we all want to be adored!

And so it is sweet muse o mine you are from a distance!!

1. profile image0

Maybe just as well... I will take you and spit you out for dinner!!! hehehe x

Catch me if you can!! tongue tongue tongue

Shaz you know not what you chew...

24. profile image0

not cards, chocolate or roses.  Something original.

25. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Great! Now we're eating hmrjmr for dinner? big_smile

1. profile image0

Well you know that I would much rather eat lamb! x

26. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Sex.
    Seriously thats all I want. We don't have to go anywhere. You don't have to buy me anything. V-day is just a day to get laid. (this isn't an ad, I'm not taking applications, I have a guy by the way smile )

27. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

All he really has to do is show that he cares enough to put a little heart and thought into something that does not revolve around him. For example- A stay at home mom of 3 kids, would probably enjoy some time alone/even if they have no money to treat her to a day of pampering at a spa- the man could always get rid of the kids for awhile so she can have alone time (with or without the man there).

28. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

A bath. wink

1. profile image0

lol... where's the pond life?

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hah! The pond life is frozen in here. I have a Jacuzzi though.

1. profile image0

Umm .. would you mind it getting muddy?

29. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

lots of money and chocolate!

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have the chocolate dear Cindy. Truffles!

2. profile image0

Giraffes dont eat chocolate! hehehe

30. spiderspun profile image60
    spiderspunposted 14 years ago

lindt truffles , lots and lots

1. profile image0

Well, in my hub, I reconed that chocs was one of the last things women wanted... because it doesnt require much thought, therefore, not very romantic.  Maybe I am wrong? x

31. efeguy profile image41
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

everything romantic.

from flowers to any expensive material things,but don't forget hey need to be loved and care for

1. profile image0

I think it is simple... thoughtful, using imagination... it doesnt have to be expensive! x

32. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I would like George Clooney to turn up with a bottle of champagne and a pizza!

33. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I just came across this Post after publishing a Hub on the same subject here.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/What-women-want … -Day-ideas

34. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

I think women want to know someone cares but isn't pushy about it. What does that mean? Different things get the message across to different women.

If going for flowers try to avoid hot house roses, etc. Flowers grown out in the open and in a more natural setting tend to have a better scent and to keep their scent longer. If you grow flowers then flowers out of your own garden will have that personal touch some women like.

If going for chocolates you might like to think in terms of what might remind her of a special time you two shared and enjoyed together. For one woman I know it was chocolates shaped like pyramids because of our shared interest in a particular Egyptian love story. She was also the type with itchy feet so a long weekend in the country staying at a favorite hired cottage was also on the cards. Well, I like the country and I like to get out and about too (the same itchy feet) so there you have it. She also tells me I have great taste in jewelry so picking up something nice for her in that regard was also going to be there.

1. profile image0

oh... Im not sure who is kidding who here! lol x  No disrespect babes!

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
        greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

honestly all I want if i was in a relationship is to just spend time with my loved one.. to be acknowledged and make it a somewhat special day really... go for a drive a walk on the beach or something or have a dinner at an exceptionally nice restaurant ... honestly I am not a real big valentines day fan I dont really celebrate it.. flowers are always nice to just to know that u are thought of is nice in general so the way I see it is these things should come from your loved one through out the year here and there just to let them know u are thinking of them and not just on valentines day

1. profile image0

yeah... whip down the garage, at the last minute, grab the dregs of the remainder flowers... shove a box of cheapo chocs and ... yeah.. we are happy!  lol x

2. wychic profile image84

That is such an awesome way to explain it...just thought I'd let you know that big_smile. Special touches are a wonderful thing...like if I am going to buy my husband (a veteran) flowers it's peace roses, they're his favorite, but if he's going to buy me flowers it's either going to be something potted or lantana (I love the smell!), or maybe potted lantana tongue. He knows I would get irritated at him if he spent money on jewelry because I hardly ever wear it, but a Papa Murphy's pizza is just perfect. It really does get down to truly, honestly knowing the person you're with.

I don't know...he thinks he can make me happy by picking the "right" answer, but then later gets upset or stressed because it wasn't really what he wanted. We're working on it...I told him that when I ask him about something, I'm almost always ambivalent about the answer or I wouldn't be asking him, I'd just do it tongue. Alternatively, I ask his opinion on important decisions, and if it differs from mine I want to know so that we can discuss the pros and cons of the available options...sometimes I think of something he doesn't, and many many times he thinks of something I never considered. I know it has to be tough after spending 18 years, between the two previous wives, being asked for his opinion and then having her tapping her foot and looking expectantly at him with a "don't you dare say the wrong thing" look on her face.

1. profile image0

It is harder the older they get... people are less adaptable to change but then time mellows them, so there is a counterbalance.

I often say..."is that what you really think or is this a kudos answer" -  pretty direct, yes, but I think dropping big hints is hard work (particularly about gifts). 

Having said that, I like to have people being direct with me, so perhaps I speak as I would like to be spoken to?

35. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

a man

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought you had a rooster Cindy

2. profile image0

you are not missing much... they dont make em like they used to! lol x

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They never did make em like they used to! The older generation of men would buy you a set of screwdrivers! smile

1. profile image0

Doh!  Us girlies cant win!!!! x

36. fishtiger58 profile image70
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

I would love a day off of cooking the evening meal. My favorite pizza would be great, simple but it's what I want.

1. twuxedo profile image58
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unless the Guys a better cook than me, be careful what you wish for.

37. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

What they want aside from prawns and perhaps a crab or two finger fed to them on a hammock is a nice luxurious body massage and a whole lot of pampering.

Maybe, but most of the ones I have known have always hung out for 12 red roses or more, I always find this one sux as the Florists never seem to have enough.  I always forget till the last minute. What Guy doesn't.

1. Isabelle22 profile image61
        Isabelle22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

12 Black roses that would do the job for me.

yes they have those for the Goth market.

2. profile image0

Arh... now I think flowers suck, but this idea is unusual ... it is sooooo me! hehehe

2. profile image0

Then I suggest you read my hub... you BAD boy! lol x

2. twuxedo profile image58

Is you Avator airbrushed? I'd give a few dollars for my skin to be like that.

3. profile image0

men and women alike! hehehe..

38. profile image0

pearl thongs.

1. profile image0

ow?....I want, e-z cheese, Ritz crackers, beer and a back rub.  smile or, a genuinely heartfelt love letter. Ill settle for not having to do the dishes.

2. profile image0

pearl necklace... hehehe xxxx

How about a thong made of Hershey Chocolate Kisses? lol lol lol

Would go over really well for chocolate lovers. Unfortunately, it would only last for one sitting? lol

It would really define edible underwear. lol lol lol

1. profile image0

is the edible underwear for you Caggie?  Not sure about the chocies... as you can see I have bathed in the stuff! x

39. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey ladies,

Just in case you don't know or haven't heard or been living a kingdom below sea level or been on cloud nine for the past 3 weeks or so....

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/31352#top

This is my contribution to Valentine's Day on HubPages and for the Ladies of Hubberville Community.

Come on and join in the fun? smile

1. profile image0

This really is a great thing you are doing caggie!!!

40. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

One son buys a stuffed toy or jewellery, card and takes her out for dinner. My other son buys near same thing but adds a single rose, makes a card and takes her to a movie. Me? I like earrings, a single rose, wine, dance and cuddle watching a movie but don't tell anybody, k big_smile lol

lol lol lol lol roll big_smile

2. profile image0

I guess as long as it is a thoughtful gift!

41. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

odd as this may sound, what I really want is... some breathing space!! wink

1. profile image0

oh, its on its way! i have sooooo much space lately.....

2. profile image0

well... you arent 'myownworld' for nothing hon! big_smile

42. profile image0

still want another pearl thong.  white pearls with lace on the front silk part.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, I want a bf hehe

43. profile image0

Just posted a thread for men!  This will be interesting! hehehe

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/33149#post725725

44. profile image0

bump

BUMP! You back. lol lol

Hey Shazwellyn,  how are you? smile

1. profile image0

Im fine Caggie... just! hehehe.. I think I need a holiday... some sun!

Hows life treating you Caggie? Tell me about yourself. x

Well, life is treating me, like I treat it. lol

What in particular would you like to know? There is so much about me and I try not to think about it, because when I do and then speak, most think it's my ego talking and not my experience.

So, feel free to ask anything you like to know? I've nothing to hide. smile

1. profile image0

Family?  Kids?  Wife? etc

My family consists of a bunch of people who really don't understand what it means to be a family. I still have my mother, she is 62 and hates life, who I live with. I have one sister and she has two daughters. My sister is divorced and in a relationship(11 years and counting). Her daughters are ages 18 and 14.

I have no wife. I have no kids. I've never been married. smile

1. profile image0

Is your mother in pain?  I find people get grumpy becasue they have nagging ailments.

You should write a hub about what you think family is.  I think we all live in our own realities and perception differs greatly.  This is where one gets conflict.

You seem to have observed much about women and know what they want.  This is commendable Caggie.  How did you come to your conclusions? x

By learning about the women around me and interacting with many, even if they don't know me.

I've never had a problem talking to women. It's a gift I enjoy, because it allows me to be a better listen, especially since I'm not too much into myself. I know myself and my ability, so I don't find a reason to talk about myself.

Now, if you read my writing. It would suggest that that wasn't true, because everything I write if from what I see, hear and dealt with. But, then again, for those who read my hubs, learn that I don't think like the average man and I carry myself differently.

If people see my writing as arrogrant or egotistical? Then, they obviously have the wrong impression. smile

1. profile image0

Your writing style is... well it is as it is!  Not egotistical.  I prefer people to straight about what they think.  There is no 'underlying context' within your writing style.

I think you are in touch with your femine side x

45. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

last year I bought my girlfriend a puppy, needless to say the pupppy got all the cuddles and I got the remote for the telly.....

1. profile image0

Well that is a result! LOL

Maybe women want the romote control for valentines day!!! lol

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No...not the remote...anything else but not the remote smile

1. profile image0

Such a man! lol

2. profile image0

It's ok.. put it down ... gently does it..hand it over! *psychotherapist in doorway, beads of sweat on forehead!*

It's Gollum's Remotsis mine mine mine!!
            http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:dra4wvPmedhFSM:http://www.luisprada.com/Protected/IMAGES/gollum1.jpg

1. profile image0

*screams!*  Have it!  Its ok!!!! arrrrrrrrrrhhhh!

Pull the shotgun out of the closet and kill it. smile

46. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Did you ask a question? Only to not continue the conversation or is that it? smile

1. profile image0

I am sorry.  I often suffer terrible computer problems.  It just freezes, takes ages to boot and reconnect.  It is like it has a nervous breakdown!
      It gets to a point that I just give up, leave it to cool down and start again.

Also, I tend to live life from one set of crisis to another.  I have two boys with disability and their needs divert me somewhat.
      Sometimes I am called out for emergencies.. I volunteer for the Red Cross and the Ambulance service. 

I find that I go through life prioritising my time.  The internet is my joy.  It is stimulating and is just for my own selfish need.  The rest of my life involves dedicating myself totally to others.  I give absolutely everything in my soul for them.  There is a lot of suffering out there in the world x

So, if I suddenly disappear, it isnt because I am rude... it is because I dont have a choice and other demands take hold.

I value your friendship Caggie x

1. profile image0

bumpy night night x

2. Cagsil profile image70

No problem. smile

47. profile image0

bananas. big_smile

1. profile image0

sausages and sheep burgers! hehehe

48. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

Someone to spend it with...

49. inspireyourspirit profile image58
    inspireyourspiritposted 14 years ago

Attention and for their man to make an effort!  Put thought into the day...

1. profile image0

I think a lot of men miss this point!  They should read my hub.. they might learn something! hehehe

50. profile image0

Oh Caggie!  My hero!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)