New eBay Affiliate Program

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 76 discussions (138 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

We're all set, folks. Please follow our step-by-step guide to sign up for an eBay Partner Network account (we think it's easier than it was for Commission Junction, and far quicker).  Please note that your eBay Capsules will NOT earn through Commission Junction after today, so to continue to earn through your eBay Capsules, you must make the change ASAP. If any troubles arise, please contact us via email or post in the related Forum about the change.

If you've already signed up for the new eBay program you can go ahead and enter a 10 digit numeric Campaign ID directly on the affiliate settings page.

1. mmiller profile image65
      mmillerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Do I have to update my eBay capsules (cancel them and add them again) for the new affiliate ID to take effect? Or can I just keep my hubs with eBay capsules in them without doing a thing and my new eBay affiliate ID is automatically recognized.

1. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It's automatic.

I assumed it would be, otherwise I would have trusted HubPages HQ to have given us further instructions. But to verify that, I did a check on one of my hubs that has an Ebay capsule and I checked the page source and indeed, the campid= on the page (the second time I refreshed it) was mine (all mine!) smile

1. mmiller profile image65
          mmillerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  I feel better now!

2. sukkran profile image61
      sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thanks paul,
      i have 6 hubs, yet not have a ebay account. ok. i am going to do that right now.
      sukkran

3. JLPeterson profile image91
      JLPetersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have given up on setting up Ebay...they just decline me without explaining why.  I've tried to fix that but to no avail.  There is no reason I should be declined so I don't get it.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I got declined too, and their signup was buggy as hell. I have not been back after the second attempt some months in to being a hubber.

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

groovy. just what i was looking for. thanks very much!

5. macbeth25 profile image60
      macbeth25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just received this reply and don't understand what I need to do next. Would appreciate some help, please.
      From: eBay Partner Network [mailto:noreply@eBayPartnerNetwork.com]
      Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:02 PM
      To: bevmacent@windstream.net
      Subject: Confirm your eBay Partner Network domains

Dear John McCoy,
      We require you to confirm ownership of the domains that you will drive traffic from within 72 hours.

The process is easy:

Create a plain text file from a text editor and in the contents put only your unique identifier (provided below).
      Save the file as 'epndomain.txt'.
      Upload the file to the base directory of each of your domains that you would like to register.
      Example: If your website is www.ebay.com, your file would be located in http://www.ebay.com/epndomain.txt.
      Visit the Domain Confirmation Page when your domains are ready to be validated and click on the 'Confirm Domains' button.
      Our system will look for the file and your unique identifier and confirm appropriately. Don't worry if you have additional domains that you'd like to add, as you will be able to add them in the future if you are accepted into the network.

Unique Identifier: xn9okdLRfG8NtilzfO+lMA==

If you cannot confirm ownership of your domains, we provide an area to provide a reason on the Domain Confirmation Page linked above.

Thank you,

The eBay Partner Network Team

If clicking on the link above does not work, copy and paste the following URL into a browser:
      https://publisher.ebaypartnernetwork.co … lang=en-US

eBay Partner Network sent this email to you at bevmacent@windstream.net because you are registered on the eBay Partner Network. eBay Partner Network sends this email based on the preferences you set for your account. To unsubscribe from this email change your notification preferences in your eBay Partner Network account. Visit the Network Agreement and eBay Partner Network Privacy Policy if you have any questions.

Copyright (c) 2009 eBay Partner Network Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay Logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Partner Network is located at 2145 Hamilton Ave, San Jose, CA 95125.

6. akirchner profile image93
      akirchnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just a very seemingly stupid question but the icon says it was posted 18 months ago - is this a current (as in October 2009) solution?  It then says that it was posted within the last day so I'm thinking this is the current solution to the ongoing problem?  Thanks!

pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you don't already have an eBay Partner Network (ePN) account, I'd suggest waiting to apply until we make another announcement.  If they are accepting anyone from HubPages right now, it is the exception and not the rule.

7. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Followed all the directions and once again I've been rejected for one of ten possible reasons.

I've had it with eBay. They suck. They blow. They are full of sh...

I don't know what's more insulting. The fact that I've been a buyer/seller with gold star ratings with them for almost ten years or the fact that I got a form letter that really doesn't tell me anything I can actually respond to.

To hell with them. Hope you can find another affiliate program that's FAIR.

Apparently they are NOT accepting anyone from HubPages.

2. funride profile image67
    funrideposted 16 years ago

big_smile I guess I´m the first one smile. Already active!

As always you (Hubpages team) made a great work wink.

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Me too!

I would like to say that it is a lot easier than CJ. You can even view the ebay item number to see what was purchased when you download the transaction list (The excel one is better than the doc.). I've already updated my blogs and website. :-D I've been waiting to update my hubs.

4. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

Thanks Paul, once again you guys prove that you are on the ball, welldone hubpages.....jimmy

5. Whitney05 profile image82

Paul, are you able to pull from seller stores? I have 1 hub that has never been able to get items from ebay, and I'm using a particular seller because there are never any of the items I'm trying to promote in a regular auction, only ever in stores. I've never been able to get items to pull up, even by using part of the item title. Any suggestions because I just tried again, and I still can't get anything.

6. donnaleemason profile image60
    donnaleemasonposted 16 years ago

Ok I seem to be the only one. I can't for the life of me find the numeric number that I am meant to put as my affiliate ID. It is all coming up under my name. Where can I look for that?
    Thanks.
    Donna

This link should take you straight there.

It'd probably be a good idea to create a new campaign just for HubPages

7. Whitney05 profile image82

Donna, it's under the campaign tab in the ebay affiliate site.

8. Mary Tinkler profile image62
    Mary Tinklerposted 16 years ago

Yeah....well I filled out everything, got the confirmation and I am NOT happy about putting my bank account number for direct depostit.  NOT worth the risk, for a questionable benefit. I don't know these folks, and my only other experiences with eBay were bad ones.  So I will not be an eBay affilliate.

9. embitca profile image83
    embitcaposted 16 years ago

You can always use Paypal to get paid if you don't want to give them your bank account info.

1. Mary Tinkler profile image62
      Mary Tinklerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

No. I've already had problems with paypal. Really I don't know what I was thinking even considering any partnership with eBay.  I can live without them.  My opinion is that they're about as secure as a shoebox.

10. profile image0
    TiffanyDowposted 16 years ago

GREAT step by step how to, Paul (or whoever wrote it).
    Thanks!
    tiff

11. Lela Davidson profile image82
    Lela Davidsonposted 16 years ago

Thanks, that was WAY easy to follow for us non-techie types!

12. vitallywell profile image61
    vitallywellposted 16 years ago

The step by step process you layed out looked intimidating at first.  It went flawless - took maybe 10 minutes tops.  Way to go to keep it simple!

13. donnaleemason profile image60
    donnaleemasonposted 16 years ago

Thank you so much for your help. I had come across that number but didn't want to put it down in case it was the wrong one. I appreciate it, Donna

14. lumasiscom profile image41
    lumasiscomposted 16 years ago

I was able to update mine.  How long does GOOGLE usually take to respond regarding adsense?
    wink
    Jamie

15. spuds profile image58
    spudsposted 16 years ago

I signed up last week for the new eBay program. Just plugged my id into the affiliate page. Show me the money!

16. compu-smart profile image91
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

Wow!! That was easy!!
    Thanks Paul for the simple step by step instructions.

17. profile image0
    simcoposted 16 years ago

All done......If only everything in life were that easy smile

18. greathub profile image63
    greathubposted 16 years ago

I have got the following message as soon as I signed up the form at Ebay Partner Network:

Thank you for applying to the eBay Partner Network. Unfortunately, we cannot accept your application at this time. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact eBay Partner Network customer support.

Thank you,

The eBay Partner Network Team

Mr. Paul, please help me.

Regards
    Ali

1. embitca profile image83
      embitcaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Ali, you need to contact Ebay directly. I would suggest sending them an email or contacting customer support as they've suggested.

19. bloggerdollar profile image74
    bloggerdollarposted 16 years ago

I have the same messege. Are they limiting some countries??

pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Not to my knowledge, but I'd suggest contacting them directly.  It's a very new program for them, so there may be some hiccups as they shake the bugs out of their code and their process.  If you get a response from them, please share with us what you find.  Thanks.

1. greathub profile image63
        greathubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hi Paul

I contacted Ebay  Customer Service. They asked me whether  I have an account with Commission Junction or not. I said yes. They asked me for my ID of Ebay. I gave them this info. They investigated and told me that my application can't be accepted at this time and moreover they can't disclose the reason for rejecting my application. Its against their policies. They also said that I should try to fill application again in a few months' time becaue they re-evaluate their criteria for acceptance and rejection quite often.

Now what do you have to say about this matter?

What would you suggest me?

Waiting for reply,

Regards
        Muhammad Ali

That's unfortunate, but there isn't much you can do but follow their instructions.  It is their program, they get to decide the rules (although it would be nice if they actually published the rules).  In the mean time, I would suggest that you remove all the eBay capsules from your hubs or replace them with Amazon capsules.

We're hoping to enhance our "shopping" capsule offerings in the next few months.  We haven't figured out exactly how yet, but there will likely be at least one new choice of affiliate partners.

2. profile image0
          simcoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Can't you sign up useing a different username and email address ???

1. embitca profile image83
            embitcaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

They check all your details, not just username and email address. He'd have to sign up with a different physical address and he'd have to have a bank account that matched that physical address. I'm sure they also check IP address and actually it is probably the IP addresses that they are using for these auto-rejections. While they are refusing to say why they are rejecting people it is very clear from the anecdotal evidence available in a variety of forums that country of residence is the main issue for most of these rejections.

1. profile image0
              simcoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info.

3. KCC Big Country profile image85
          KCC Big Countryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I had the exact same scenario.  I contacted Ebay to find out why I was rejected and was able to email back and forth with someone.  They told me the same thing.  That I was rejected and they could not disclose the reason.  I also had a CJ account.

20. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

I have seen discussion elsewhere that they are limiting people  who live in "other countries" - mainly Asia and Eastern Europe from what  I can gather - try applying using your HP profile as your main website rather than any other site you might have -  I have a theory it will add creditability but thats all it is - a theory

21. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 16 years ago

Its not true that they (eBay) are limiting people from Asia. I just registered and they have activated my account immediately. I also belong to Asia.

22. embitca profile image83
    embitcaposted 16 years ago

I think it may be just certain countries. There are many folks in the Ebay forums who are flipping out a bit over it, but I'm not sure anyone has compiled a list of countries that are getting the automatic rejection.

23. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 16 years ago

Could it be because of the name of the person submitting? In this case "Muhammad Ali"?

24. bloggerdollar profile image74
    bloggerdollarposted 16 years ago

I don't think they have the right to stamp the people for their names. As far as I know racism and discrimination are still against the law !

I'm not thinking that it's racism or discrimination, I'm wondering if in fact "Muhammad Ali" is the real name of the applicant.

1. greathub profile image63
        greathubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

darkside, Muhammad Ali is my real name. I AM Muhammad Ali.

No wonder, great people like me (Muhammad Ali of boxing fame, Muhammad Ali Jinnah(the founder of Pakistan)) face difficulties in their lives.

wink

Okay. Cool name by the way.

2. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, Cassius Clay made up that name upon conversion, but i would imagine it is a very common name.

It would not be racism. It might be a buggy software program that flags celebrity names.

I had no problem registering with ePn and have no problems making money through them (prior to joining hubpages) but In my experience signing up with publisher accounts many with manual review will make different decisions based on whatever your registered website is. I wouldnt be surprised if they blocked users with past issues with their Paypal or eBay accounts?

25. soon2312 profile image60
    soon2312posted 16 years ago

I don't think its true ebay limit by country or race, I am in London and I still get the same message.  It will be interesting to know what criteria they work on

26. William F. Torpey profile image72
    William F. Torpeyposted 16 years ago

I made sure I had all afternoon to spend on signing up for the Ebay Partner Network, but it only took 10 minutes. When I posted the 10-digit number, it immediately came up "active." Does that mean I'm finished, or am I supposed to go into "Tools" and do something with the "Links Generator" or the "Creative Generator"  or "Widgets?"

Nice work, again, HubPages.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to use the tools options in HubPages, but you may consider them for your own site or blog.

27. adrienne2 profile image66
    adrienne2posted 16 years ago

I have a question re:ebay & hubpages.  I had an account w/ebay before and canceled, but my question is how would we generate revenue through ebay with writing hubs?
    adrienne

The eBay affiliate program is all new, and the accounts there are separate from the eBay auction site.  You can generate revenue from eBay on hubs simply by adding an eBay capsule to your hub.  If someone clicks on a product from your hub, and goes on to sign up for an eBay account or make an eBay purchase, they will pay you a commission.

1. adrienne2 profile image66
        adrienne2posted 16 years agoin reply to this

----
        so when you say ebay capsule is this simply me writing about a particular item on ebay, or am I copy and pasting a ebay product code and adding it to my hub? 

Thanks for answering my question!

28. William F. Torpey profile image72
    William F. Torpeyposted 16 years ago

Thank you, Whitney05, for clearing that up for me.

29. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

No there is an actual ebay capsule separate from the text one for your writing! In the edit panel on the right you will see text/video/rss/amazon/ebay - select an ebay capsule, change the search to bring something up and save !

Lissie--

I took a look at your hubs I get the picture. I am more of a visual person. Thanks!

all signed up that was a snap!

30. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

This change could be for the best, since i signed up with the ebay affiliate code, two weeks ago, i have had more clicks on ebay ads than i ever got with commision junction and i have even had a couple of sales already......jimmy

1. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Congrats jimmy smile

2. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

I've had less clicks and buys, I think, but I had about 5 sales or so. Only 1 sale was actually related to the hub that had the click. I've gotten like 4 car parts purchased from my ebay capsules, so that's been nice earners. Ha.

I hope it picks up. Congrats Jimmy.

This sounds great Paul! I can't wait to find out what program you choose.

31. firetown profile image61
    firetownposted 16 years ago

I've signed up and have a bunch of friends who want to join. Is there a referrer ID giving you a benefit if they sign up under you?

32. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Are you talking about ebay?

33. firetown profile image61
    firetownposted 16 years ago

right all my friends use the cj program from ebay, so I know when ebay leaves them in May, the are going to sign up!

34. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Hmmm, IDK then, I skimmed their site and did not see any referral program... All info that I can see is here https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/Publ … ogram_id=1

1. mamta0088 profile image40
      mamta0088posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to inform

35. hubpages_help profile image58
    hubpages_helpposted 15 years ago

According to which eBay the commision is paid US, UK .....  ?

36. zylla3philippines profile image60
    zylla3philippinesposted 15 years ago

Thanks for the info here and I'll try--hopefully--soon.

37. zylla3philippines profile image60
    zylla3philippinesposted 15 years ago

Thanks for the info here and I'll try--hopefully--soon.

38. profile image52
    jrenziposted 15 years ago

I'm having the same problem than you.

I'm from Argentina and I've tried to register several times with like 5 different emails, and got the same result each time. Plus I contacted them at least to know why was I beeing rejected, but they simple said they cant share it with me.

So then I tried again but signin up as if I were from USA, and this way they allowed me. So...they're definetly discriminating by country.

This really sucks.

Does someone know if I can still use BANS (Build a Niche Store) with CJ?

39. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

hello ;
    I have applied to Ebay alliliate three times and have received NO response. I used to belong to the old affiiate program before they became the partner program.I even asked for help .They accept my password and then reject it.When i ask for my password,I receive NO email Three times I did this and now I"m fed up.
    The other affiliate programs responded immediately when i asked for help.
    BTW-Amazon shows NO earnings and very little clicks.I know there were many and someone bought somethng.These affilaite programs are a rip- off or the software is not working.
    anyone else in the same boat?
    sad

40. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Stacie, neither program is a rip off. There are many people here who make pretty good extra cash on them both. I can't complain, although I wouldn't mind more. But some is better than nothing, especially if you started with nothing. I'm not sure about the problems with ebay, I would just keep trying with them. I didn't have any problems getting started. As for amazon, just make sure to hand pick your items and make them relevant to your hubs. Also the placement of the products is key. I've seen so many people put the products after the comments at the bottom; I'm not sure how good that is in terms of visibility to a reader, but by putting them in the hub somewhere versus hidden should help as well. Also try writing about specific products and then throwing in the amazon products for the reader to click and potentially buy. Give it time. You've only been here 6 weeks. You're not going to make millions in just 6 weeks.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your advise will surely work.

Jyoti kothari

41. Stacie L profile image89

ok Whitney
    I'm just venting I guess.
    thanks for the advice. i'll move them around and see if I can fine tune the choices.;-)

42. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

I have heard lots of people express disappointment with Amazon.  The people who get results seem to choose specific products rather than using keywords, and they have to be highly relevant to Hub content.   

I've taken most of the Amazon capsules off my Hubs after realising they won't pay me anyway - as an Aussie, I can only get the money in the form of a gift certificate.

43. Stacie L profile image89

Well since Ebay still haven'T responded to my application,I've moved them to the bottom of the pages. I've taken Whitneys advice and moved  Amazon ads up near the top.
    I will also look at the products and not keywords,as suggested.
    thanks everyone

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

why not just delete them?

44. Susie Writes profile image87
    Susie Writesposted 15 years ago

It has been about two weeks since I applied for Ebay's Partner Network and still no approval or disapproval. I sent an inquiry to customer service and received this response on the 10th...

"Thank you for your email regarding your application. I apologise for the
    delay in responding.

Please be informed that I have checked your account and can confirm that
    your application to our affiliate program is still under Manual Review.

Please note that due to a high current volume of applications, it may
    take some time to review yours.

I kindly ask you to wait a few more days, our team members at eBay
    Partner Network will contact you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter."

Six days after receiving this and I still don't have any approval or disapproval. I live in the USA and have been a registered user on ebay auctions since 1999! I fail to understand the delay and the need to manually review each application. Very frustrating to say the least.

Oh well. Moving forward...

45. Susie Writes profile image87
    Susie Writesposted 15 years ago

Well I finally heard back from ebay. Here is what the email contained...

"Thank you for applying to the eBay Partner Network. Unfortunately, we cannot accept your application at this time. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact eBay Partner Network customer support."

I contacted customer support as instructed for an answer. Here's what I got...

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the rejection of your application.

I am sorry to inform you that I have checked your account and found that
    your application was rejected. we have re-evaluated your application.
    Unfortunately eBay Partner Network will not accept your application at
    this time.

Please note that eBay Partner Network can not disclose the exact reasons
    why applications are accepted or rejected. However we do re-evaluate our
    criteria on a regular basis. If you're still interested in participating
    in a few months, please feel free to try registering again.

We apologise for the inconvenience that the rejection would cause you. I
    realise this may not be the answer you'd hoped for. I sincerely wish you
    all the best in your future endeavours."

I'm in the dark here. Can anyone tell me what went wrong? I followed the instructions provided in the FAQs here to the letter. Very confused, and frankly pissed off that they would deny me, a long time ebay user with 100% positive feedback!

1. Kind Regards profile image66
      Kind Regardsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Susie Writes, that is the exact same email I received when I inquired as to why I was not accepted.  I am also a loyal eBayer with 100% feedback.  Very frustrating.  I'm just going to keep trying.  Good luck to you as well.  Kind Regards

1. Kind Regards profile image66
        Kind Regardsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Everyone,

I figured out how to get accepted by eBay.  The first 2 times I filled out the form I left all the blanks checked (default) on the first page of the form.  I wondered if they were supposed to be checked or not.  Well, I had the feeling that if I just checked eBay US, that would be the key, and it was.  I got accepted on the 3rd try.  You will need to use a different email every time.

So uncheck all those boxes on page 1 and just choose the one for your country only.

It will work.

Good Luck to everyone! Kind Regards

46. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I hardly ever use Ebay anymore. I've never gotten as much as a nibble. With Amazon I've actually sold a couple of items.

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 15 years agoin reply to this

me too. I 've removed their listing from my old hubs since they sent me a rejection notice!
      ;sad

1. JKSophie profile image69
        JKSophieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Same here.  I definitely agree. neutral Just got rid of it since they rejected me, anyway, I'm still enjoying making hubs  :-)

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't expect to make any money from them - but they do a great job instead of an rss feed or news to give changing content to your hubs... don't forget that

1. Em Writes profile image70
        Em Writesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It took me a good month to get a response to my initial application. It finally did arrive, and I was approved, but it does seem like a crappy way of doing business on their part. I mean, the program benefits them even more than it benefits US, so you'd think they'd be more responsive.

47. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years ago

And it took me 3 email addresses to get registered by the way.  They kept stalling saying they had sent my registration, which didn't arrive, not letting me log in till I'd authenticated the account (which I canm't do without the emailed link of course) and it took so long I just did a few applications till one got through.

Of course, they say it must be my spam filters, they couldn't possibly have NOT sent the registration mails.

48. len7288 profile image58
    len7288posted 15 years ago

I also have aproblem with ebay, before they don't want to approve my account, so used my sister's account instead. But 3month to ebay and i still dont have a single click. When I check the accountunder program it says there that ebay US and UK is declined.

49. profile image57
    patspnnposted 15 years ago

I had the same problem they rejected me after i put up a sweat and filled out the application and they still had an ad on my site which i took off. should i have taken it off?

50. Ashley Tyler profile image66
    Ashley Tylerposted 15 years ago

I applied several times and never got any response. almost 2 weeks later I did hear back from them and they said NO I can not join their partner program. I live in the US and have no idea why they would tell me NO.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)