What if god is evil?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (74 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

As some of you may know, I make it a point to learn about upcoming movies in development, and one has peaked my interest.  Not because it sounds like a good movie (which probably is), but it has a unique concept that I find highly interesting.  As it turns out, there's a comic book called "Preacher", that invokes many controversial themes about religion.  Proposing that there is a god, but he abandoned his creation, and god is portrayed as the evil antagonist.  Heck, from further research of it's fanbase, it seems even devout atheists have come to believe in god, just because of this controversial comic book story.  I don't know if many of those ex-atheists turn in belief is valid, as I never read the comic book.  However, I wouldn't mind reading it to see what all the fuss is about.  For more information about what the comic book is about, you can click on the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(comics)

Now before you all get mad at me, I want to point out a few things. One, I don't agree with the comic book's subject matter but as some of you know, I don't associate reality with movies, video games and any other entertainment medium (this includes comic books too).  Therefore, I don't take it too seriously.  Sure, it sounds like an interesting story and if the movie is highly original as the comic book sounds,then I can't wait to see it.  However, what I would like to ask all of you is this...if god is real, then do you believe he abandoned his creation or is possibly evil?   (just for the sake of argument here, atheists, pretend that there is a god for the matter of this discussion, as I know some of you will say some smart aleck remark like.."there is no god, so why bother asking a question that...blah, blah, blah). I don't care.  Just answer the question.  Do you think it's possible that if god exists, then do you think he's evil or he's abandoned us? 

Please state valid reasons why.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

how did you get "if" from lol

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll i put the word "if" for a lot of atheists that would choose to post in this forum. i was doing that for their benefit.  do you have a problem with that?

imean where did you get "if" from..is god evil...well first of all there is no proof that god exist at first place but if we for sake of argument say that god exist...considering how nature and world operates ,one may safely assume that god doesnot interfere and auto system operates...does that classify god as evil?...

1. profile image0

uh huh...you still haven't answered the question though.

well if there is god , i wont classify him as evil or having abandoned us...because he never had responsibility to take care of us at first place ..so where does question of abandoning comes ?...he created a auto system which works on certain laws of physics ...system created rules of survival...now what ever happens within that set of rules ,god has nothing to do with it and HE cannot do anything about it...one must watch nature too closely to understand the system from that point of view...nature is indifferent...it doesnot cry when someone dies,it doesnot celebrate when some one is born..it does not answer 'why me' ...it runs in its own way without caring....it is human nature which thinks system operator must be there who would and should interfere...nothing wrong is thinking that way ..

1. profile image0

hmm..that's an interesting analogy. I never thought of it that way.  the whole abandoned issue is proposed in the "Preacher" comic book, so that's why I mentioned it.  however, i think you make a good point though.  thanks for the input.

1. pylos26 profile image69
                  pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you've never read the comic book you must be offering up only hearsay...brilliant!

1. profile image0

actually, i offer you information i looked up by reading various articles that review the comic book AND wikepedia that offers a full history of the series, if you click on the link.  THANK YOU very much.

2. profile image52
                paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on following points:

1.    From observance of life or from the Universe one cannot classify the Creator-God Allah YHWH as evil.

2.    One cannot say that He has abandoned us.

3.    He has created a seemingly “auto system” or a perfect system for running Universe which works without any flaw.

4.    He has created routine set of rules of survival...now whatever happens within those set of rules, the Creator- God Allah Yahweh does not ordinarily interferes with them.

5.    It is human nature which thinks system operator must be there who would and should interfere...nothing wrong is thinking that way

6.    However under special conditions and for his Chosen People, He can and does interfere and those routine rules get changed and overcome by special rules which remain hidden from the ordinary people who are color blind for those rules and hence cannot perceive them.

1. profile image52

The life got evolved by a commandment of the Creator-God Allah YHWH which is a positive process and hence cannot be denoted as evil ; He is Virtue personified.

2. www.lookseenow profile image60
            www.lookseenowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We do have proof that God exists, because what may be known about God ismanifest among us.  They  are percieved by the things made.

What things made?  Do I have to list them?  Just look around, and when yo get past your breath, see the things made.  Who made   them?

1. Beelzedad profile image59
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looking around I can see that no one made anything. Are we supposed to be looking for "Made in Heaven" labels or something? smile

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hopefully he is not. I believe there are other forces other than god and the devil....Perhaps theirs a god above god and so on. Were mere dust in the wind...

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

GOD is not evil. GOD has not abandoned us. What you are seeing on planet earth is the exact opposite of who GOD is which is LOVE PEACE FREE. Human beings have free will given to them by GOD. What you sow is what you get and you can not blame GOD because you have control over your own self and reap in your life what you sow in life. The standard is LOVE PEACE FREE. Anything else is: can not produce the fruits of LOVE PEACE FREE which I live in my life and overcome all things that is not LOVE PEACE FREE. The evil that you see on the earth was kicked out of heaven for trying to dethrone GOD and rule over GOD. So now evil rules over human beings but there is a way to kick evil out of your life by being LOVE PEACE FREE. This does work. IT will take a long time for human beings to accept this LOVE PEACE FREE in their consciousness but at least this is a start beginning in A.D. 2010. Thank you. Go in peace.

1. profile image0

2010 AD?  As in this year?  What happens during this year that's supposed to be spiritually enlightening?

1. profile image0
        AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is it: LOVE PEACE FREE. I am the author of this through GOD which he given me this on A.D. November 2, 2009 to proclaim to the world this message and turn humanity around into a new direction forever. Since I am living this principle in my life and this is who every person is to the core of their being. Jesus Christ lived this way on earth and given me this message to share around the world to the glory of GOD. I am greatly humbled for GOD to use me in this way. This did not happened over night for me but many years to be love be peace be free to show mankind again what Jesus Christ shown while living on the earth. Thank you. Go in peace. Yes as in this year the spiritually enlightening has begun. You are welcome to join in.

3. www.lookseenow profile image60
    www.lookseenowposted 13 years ago

Love is a basic human need, because we are all created in God’s image.  Being in his image means we possess one of his dominant qualities—LOVE, while he hates evil.   

God’s dominant quality, his love is expansive and affects us all. He expressed that love in providing the ransom for mankind’s redemption.  He loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten son. That was certainly not evil, because by you exercising faith in this provision you benefit.   Jehovah is the very essence of love, and he is eternal. So love will never fail, or end. It will continue to exist forever as a quality of our eternal God. 

He that does not love has not come to know God.  Would it surprise you to know that God does not have love, because God is love?  It surprised me to learn that God loved me long before I loved, or even knew him.  That was love—not evil—and it’s in this respect not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent forth his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins. (1 John 4:8-10)

4. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

The Universal Being is neither good nor evil...these are man made concepts. wink

1. drbillfannin profile image61
      drbillfanninposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting viewpoint. The more logical view is that God is pure Good and evil came into being as a balance. Satan was originally good, but he turned evil. Where did that come from? Free will. God gave all his intelligent creations free will. So if you want to be evil, go ahead. You may have noticed however that evil always loses in the long run. That's because God is pure good, and this is all his creation. So even though evil exists, it cannot be God.

1. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Flawed logic...God is pure good and evil, then you say God is pure good. roll

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Neutral lol

5. lionswhelp profile image67
    lionswhelpposted 13 years ago

God's word has the perfect reply in Psalm 14:1-5 > The fool hath said in his heart, There is no god. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, thee is none that doeth good. The Lord looked own from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no not one. Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? Who eat up my peopl as they eat bread, and not call upon the Lord. There were  they in great fear: For God is a righteous God.

There is a false god called Satan the devil who was cast out of God's presence in heaven long ago and became the god of this world and deceives all of mankind until God opens their minds to Jesus Christ, Revelation 12:9, Isaiah 14:12, Ezekiel 28:2-19, John 8:41-44, John 12:31- the prince or false god of this world..

Jesus Christ was with God in the beginning and gave up his glory to die for us that we might be saved by believing in him, John 1:1-3, John 3:16-17. Satan is still the god of this world but he shall soon be replaced, Revelation 20:1-4, by Jesus Christ and the Saints of God who will become part ofthe Family of God, Ephesians 3:14-19. I hope this answers  your question.

6. lionswhelp profile image67
    lionswhelpposted 13 years ago

God is not evil, but good only, Matthew 19:17,Jeremiah 33:11, Isaiah 39:8, Psalm 145:9,Psalm 119:68,39; 106:1 & 107:1. God is good and all his Commandments are Holy just and good, Romans 7:12.There is no evil in God because God is a God  of Righteousness, Psalm 119:172; Proverbs 8:13,James 1:13. Amen

7. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Well, Steven, looks like you've opened up quite the conversation.  smile

good, bad, ugly, beautiful -- it's all about one's one opinion and beliefs.  What is good to me, may be bad to you.  What is normal may be abnormal to another. 

This is all relative.  There is no correct answer, no matter how long it will be debated for.  (and I think that it's been debated since mankind was able to formulate a method of communication). 

Have fun with this one!  smile

8. kess profile image61
    kessposted 13 years ago

if God is evil then he is the NOT god,

God cannot be goodand evil at the same time.

1. Beth100 profile image70
      Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In some beliefs, you cannot have one without the other.  It's ying and yang.  Within good, there is a drop of evil.  Within evil, there is a drop of good.  Neither is pure or it would not exist.

1. profile image0

Love peace free is pure. There is no evil in this. Human beings in the garden of eden where God told Adam and Eve not to eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil in the middle of the garden lest they die. There is nothing else besides love peace free in the garden until they ate the forbidden fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. When they ate this forbidden fruit then the other thing that is opposite of love peace free came into their consciousness and the results of this is clearly shown when their eyes were opened to the other thing that is not love peace free which you see all around you today on the earth. This is the same thing that happened when the devil  known as lucifer in heaven before his rebellion in heaven toward God was kicked out and came to earth to spread this evil. There is not a single drop of good within evil. If you are not being love being peace being free then you are being evil which is the knowledge of good and evil. God had to redeem human beings from their free will to disobey him for eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. LOVE PEACE FREE is the way of life for human beings to live on the earth like they did in the garden of eden before they made the wrong choose to eat from that tree of knowledge of good and evil. The stage has been set as of A.D. 2010 for the battle of LOVE PEACE FREE and evil. What will you choose? The results will be seen immediately and automatically in your life from now October 2, 2010 to throughout all eternity. Choose wisely. The results are heaven or hell which is being forever kicked out of the presence of God with satan and getting the fruit of not being LOVE PEACE FREE on the earth through Jesus Christ who came to earth to reconcile man to God which was broken by disobedience of eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Have it your way because you are having it here already now. Just be it. Be love be peace be free. If you are not being this then you are being the other thing that is not LOVE PEACE FREE. Thank you. Go in peace. You need to put this in your consciousness which is LOVE PEACE FREE.

9. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

going by the question (was too busy to read the whole post)

God isn't evil. If he was evil he'd be roasting us all in a fiery pit.........I mean (ALL OF US)

1. Rod Marsden profile image68
      Rod Marsdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's no fun in that schoolgirlforreal. No. If God were evil he'd want a bit of variety. He might want to get our hopes up for a better life, for example, only to have them crushed. He might like to create the occasional holy war so he can have the black ants of humanity attacking and butchering the red ants of humanity. God might like to allow the most perfect town with the most perfect people to be set up at the foot of a mountain and then turn that mountain into an active volcano. Yes there's no fun in the same horrible fate for everyone. Fiery pits are great. Frost bite all over in an icy hell might be great too.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, that is a good point! smile

Thanks.

10. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

God cannot be evil! It is impossible! God is all that is good! Evil comes from satan! He goes to and fro looking for whom he can devour! It is God's will that no man should perish... but in giving free will many will persish for they chose the world over him!

The truth is God does not interfere with our natural progression of life! He allows nature to take its course! It's the same as animals in nature... we do not intervene if a lion is killng a calf... all zoologists know this will cause problems in the ecosystem if they do interfere... why look at humans any different??? We all acknowledge and understand that nobody should interfere with animals in nature, yet so many question God for not feeding the hungry or whatever! I believe he doesn't interfere with us for the very same reason we do not interfere with animals... it would cause more problems than solve!

God is not evil for not feeding the starving children just as we are not evil for not feeding the hungry lion who cannot catch his food for the past week because his foot is broken!

The whole point of this is that God made nature to be self-sustaining. Everything we need is right here. We may have to work for it but it's here! There are people right here who have plenty who should be taking care of those who have nothing!  God does not interfere with the natural progression of life! God is not evil for this... he is waiting on his people to do the right thing! He told us to feed the hungry!!

So NO God is not evil! It's impossible for God to be evil!!

Tthis is a "What if?" game libby101a. No one is saying God is evil or even suggesting as much. "What if?" allows people to imagine what life or existence or whatever would be like if everything is reversed.

There are a lot of good things that happen on earth and science has shown us wonders illustrating that if there is a God then he must be good. As for imagining the impossible. It can be done.

People have to take a sensible attitude toward overpopulation or we are all doomed. In this instance God is not evil but certainly some religious institutions can wear that tag and deservedly so.

1. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I agree. Some religions have done a lot of bad in the world! And I knew this is a "what if" game... but I wanted to give my "two cents" and say why I don't think God is evil!

I understand science is a great thing.. that was my major in college and I loved it! I believe God and science go hand in hand! One proves the other!

I would rather say God is not evil!! LOL!! Cause I can!!!

Fair enough. I like your attitude toward science. You are in agreement with Francis Bacon for one and that says a lot.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Yet, many would stop to feed a hungry animal whose foot was broken and they couldn't eat. Just goes to show that people are far more compassionate than righteous gods. smile

1. hanging out profile image59
        hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah! What if that same animal bit you earlier. Or maybe they just want to drive it to the vet to be put down. Or what if the place they were going to was a big job promotion. Or how about if someone we didn't like were hungry would we invite them over to dinner? Do we bath the dirty and stinky.
        How do you know God didn't bring a good samaritan by to help the animal. Just like you say christians do, when something is the way you want it, you blame god, but, when god tries to do good you switch back to disbelieve mode.
        hypocritical thinking at its best!
        Your hypothetical situations are so one sided and wrong.
        Your flimsy situations are meaningless.
        smile

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Or, maybe it didn't bite me. 

Or, maybe they didn't.

Or, maybe it wasn't.

Does hunger take the place of who we like or dislike? Is this how you judge your actions. Sad indeed.

Of course.

God only allows the hunger to starve. That's why tens of thousands of children die of starvation every day.

If you said it was a leprechaun, I would blame the leprechaun. That has nothing to do with what I believe, it is only a point of reference.

Funny how you just provided a list of "what ifs" that were more than just hypocritical and meaningless, they were in fact completely irrelevant. Nice work, there. smile

11. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

What is the opposite to evil?

Live - if you dont live your life you stagnate, stand still, it is evil. 

The meaning of life, is not to stop, but keep moving on.. living it, loving it and grasping at every learning experience, whether good or bad, with good intentions, because we all need to develop and grow.  Whether this is a spiritual or material thing - this is not our concern. 

God or its anaylisis is not our concern - there is a bigger picture, only none of us has seen it yet.  We have the cosmos, the universe and we are only a tiny insignificant part of that.

The opposite to E.V.I.L = L.I.V.E

That is why my motto is 'life is for living!'... it is not enough to consider life or its meaning, but to live it!

Writing in one form or another is my life hence I am here.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good to see you are living it big_smile

1. Rishy Rich profile image71
          Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I liked that Evil = Live thing. Never thought of it before.

But it gets funnier when u talk about God in the same way.

What is the opposite of God?

Dog. But whats that suppose to mean... Dont be like a dog? or may be dont live like a dog...or dont pet a dog...or dont eat hot dog...nah I love it...then keep ur dog under ur pant...pfew. Its a hard one to figure out

2. profile image52

Another opposite could be good, truth.

1. profile image0

truth is a matter of perceptive.  This is my truth, tell me yours.

1. profile image52

When the Creator-God Allah YHWH created the sytem of life; He set a purpose to it; man in the process of his evolution has to do thing which are pro-life and take him towards fulfillment of that purpose, these are right and those which are against that purpose are evil. For our conveniece He has given us a Word of Guidance and explained those things in it; we could benefit from it if we like.

The obvious results would ensue; there is no compulsion in matters of faith/religion but the results cannot be denied.

3. profile image0

The opposite of evil is this: Love peace free. You can see the results of this every moment of your life on the earth. Love peace free is the standard of how life is to be lived on the earth for human beings. Darkness covers the minds of human beings and love peace free is the light that is shinning out on a darkened world in the minds of human beings. Are you blinded by the light of LOVE PEACE FREE. All that you need to do is to be love be peace be free just like Jesus Christ lived on the earth to reconcile human beings to GOD. I am reaping the results of being love peace free in my life. You have free will to live your life anyway that you want to but to get the best results you must be love be peace be free. As Jesus Christ said: No man can come unto the Father except GOD draws him to himself. That includes me and every human being. GOD must reveal LOVE PEACE FREE to you like he done to me on A.D. November 2, 2009. I understand this and know that it is not my job to convince people about love peace free but that GOD will reveal this to whomever he will like he done for me because GOD is love.

12. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Stevennix2001   ASK ? 
       Do you think it's possible that if god exists, then do you think he's evil or he's abandoned us? 
    _ - - - - - - --=======

Not Evil !   He might be found guilty in a court of law of allowing evil to exist   cause he allows US to breath and do the things that we do.

I don't want him to quit being guilty of that!! 

Has he abandoned us?    No!
    even though it might seem like it to some.
       He has turned loose the Beast as described in Rev. 13 and has appointed 42 "Prophetic" months for this organization to test his children.
       BUT; he has balanced the scales when he sent his two witnesses down to the earth for an equal period of time.

42 prophetic months is not 3 1/2 of our years.  forty two "Prophetic" months is a long, long period of time on earth.

These two witnesses are given power to cause droughts  AS  OFTEN as they choose to!   How many times can they cause droughts in 3 1/2 of our years ???  And as many plagues AS  OFTEN as they choose ???   42 Months is approx 1650 of our years. 

For this period of time (42 months) he has allowed the "Beast" to do its work unhindered.  Except for the influences of his two witnesses.
        God knows where the affairs of Governments and "The Beast" will lead Humanity as a whole.

I do believe that he still sends his angels to intervene on a personal level, in the lives of whomever he chooses.
       On a grand scale? you might say that God appears to be playing hands off.
       But on a personal level he is very active.

Very soon, the 42 months will have been completed.
    Then all of our questions will be answered.

13. profile image51
    Olorunlanaposted 13 years ago

G O D is diffent from g o d.

The G o d is the creator of man; while the g o d is the created by man.

If you get this distinction right then God Is good While god is evil.

The Holy Bible do have this to submit.

In the book of Exodux chapter 34:14

'For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.'
    KJV

14. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

God is the "egg" we are the "chick." As to whether God has abandoned us is entirely a personal testament.

1. profile image0

What came first the chicken or the egg?  Answer: The cosmic egg

2. pisean282311 profile image63

but chick and egg keep evolving..so god must also be evolving ...and it fits logic too...inexperienced god made dinosaurs first and then humans..may be more experienced god would make some more superior species...

you don't consider everything that has been created to show gods experience?
        pardon me if i LOL.

3. Rishy Rich profile image71

Yeah but who laid the egg?... The Cosmic Chicken?!!!

1. profile image0

No... Im not even going to go down this path!

I knw...its a dead end!

cosmic chicken came first.
            then laid an egg
            and another came from that egg who laid an egg...

15. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Well if we take the Abrahamic God for example, theres ample reason to flag God as Evil. The way he punished his sons & daughters for eternity just for stealing an apple (or whatever) is remarkable!

Then the way he showed his love towards the Egyptians for not obeying him is one of the most sadistic behavior God has ever portrayed in any religion. The problem could have been solved just by removing the pharaoh from his throne & by putting Moses or some other believer in a non-violent way but No! God had to kill those innocent Egyptian children & women because he was in love with the Jews.

Then the way he decorated the Hell for his beloved creation is another marvelous example of his sadistic nature. I should stop here coz I think any reasonable person would be able to figure out the rest.  neutral

well it is reflection of people's mindset during those era..now religion was made by them , so punishment would be as per their ability to think ..it must not be judged from today's standards...

If God is just the reflection of peoples mindset then He is not real...If he is real then he should be above our standards, time line should not effect the absolute ethics.

1. profile image0

Why dont people stop anaylising and just start living with good intentions.  It is easy isnt it?

Living for what? Self? Thats selfish! For others? Thats fake-ish!

Living life with good intentions is easy. Even a donkey does that. But for us, its more than that. We live for a purpose & in the most part, THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO FIND A PURPOSE FOR IT. Analysis plays an important part in this pivotal search. Life without purpose is not worthy of living, regardless of its intentions!

1. profile image0

Good luck with your search.  Be happy!

16. Jerami profile image58

Too many people worship  LIFE  too much.
       Who said that death is a bad thing?
       If there were no God or life after death of the physical body; it might be so!

BUT ...  Sense there is both; Death means, "going home".

Kinda like when two groups are formed out in the playground!
       If they can't play together ??  Imaginary fences are put up. OR  One group goes home.

The earth is but a physical playground; and these bodies are just our play clothes.

Play nice or take a timeout and stand in the corner.
    And sometimes we are just too tired to play any more.

1. profile image0

It is not enough to ponder upon life or its meaning, but to live it.  Live it now and the rest will come naturally later.   Enjoy the trip Jerami!

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you shazwellyn.  I will do my best. 
        I was told once that when we try too hard to understand why we love a person or they love us; that all too often we examine that love to death.

Sometimes we just need to LOVE blindly.
        Yea we sometimes get bit?  But that one time that we don't ..  is worth getting bit a dozen times.

1. profile image0

Yes and life is one great adventure!  Unconditional love means that you are a tool to be used... there is nothing wrong in being used...

Think of it like this... when a toddler falls, you help to pick him up.  You ask for nothing of the gesture, you do it because you want to.  You then give him the tools so as he doesnt fall again and if he does, he knows how to pick himself up.

This is the meaning of life.  To be a tool for others and others a tool for you.  We learn, we evolve, we develop.  It is all about love and learning  - unconditionally x

17. Jerami profile image58

Good and evil can not survive sitting in the same chair.
                 It would become ???  neither
      Like cold and hot poured into the same cup.
                  One does not convert the other
                  they both  become Luke warm.

Life of the body requires death and rebirth on the cellular level.   Society as a whole works on this same principal.

Good chasing bad  ,,and ,, bad chasing good is what keeps the wheels turning.    motivation comes out of this.. 

I "THINK"

1. vishal.rossi profile image64
      vishal.rossiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1st of all, there is no god.....god thing is just a man made illusion which was invented to create fear in the mind of people.......virtual

18. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

bumps

19. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

"The biblical god is a psychopath" is the title I gave to my hub, so I guess it's easy to see what I think. smile

20. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Well the psychopathic entity known as god in the OT is definitely evil.
    His psychotic insecure need to be worshipped is apparently felt to the degree that he wiped out his own creation. How evil is that?

OK I don't believe in god, but stuck to the rule you set. smile

1. profile image0

nah, no worries. i appreciate your honesty, as i always want hubbers to share their opinions openly when it comes to forums i open up.  just as long we keep it civilize among us hubbers, then im cool with it.  thanks for the honest answer. smile

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool attitude. Commendable! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)