site stealer

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 81 discussions (202 posts)
  1. againsttheodds profile image59
    againsttheoddsposted 12 years ago

I have recently been having traffic issues and believe it is because this site novellosrl.it has infringed on hubber's works.  Do a google search for:
    site:novellosrl.it hubpages
    and you will see that a lot has been copied including the Hubpages copyright infringement policy.  Interferena.net appears to be the Italian hosting company responsible and I have emailed them in regards to this.

1. profile image0
      The Writers Dogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the heads up.

2. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now reading this and then the last message I am totally confused as to what is happening.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eventually, the dust will settle. Meanwhile, why worry about things beyond our control.

2. Vivianflo profile image59
        Vivianfloposted 12 years agoin reply to this

me too... get confused what going on......

1. profile image0

Welcome to HubPages! It can be confusing at times.

1. Vivianflo profile image59

thank you!! yeah buddy it is very confusing......

2. 2uesday profile image65
          2uesdayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, you have joined at an interesting time.

In general, I am less confused than a lot of people. I am just more willing to admit to it.

1. Vivianflo profile image59

okay ...

3. Pearldiver profile image66
          Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What are you confused about mate?  You claim to be a software technician who just published a hub on Spyware, why would a proxy like this confuse you?
          The proxy here was written by one of your peers.. a James Marshall... - a San Fran boy.. maybe you know him?  smile

3. calpol25 profile image59
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have put something on my profile page that will upset them smile lol lol lol
      I published hub about 30mins ago and its already on that site sad
      How did this happen?

4. imatellmuva profile image77
      imatellmuvaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

againsttheodds...thank you for your attentiveness!! I may have never known about this had you not created this forum post!

2. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Pneumatica     Oleodinamica     Vuoto     Idraulica     Utensili     Sicurezza     Contatto

Interesting - Yep THE WHOLE SITE  - WTF !!

All Our Traffic - our hubs - logins etc

What are you up to Hub Pages??

This is Serious BS... and It's Not Good Enough!

3. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 12 years ago

WTF do we do, PD? My browser can'f find the host of these thieving *&^%$

4. againsttheodds profile image59

I believe it is interferenza.net (spelled it wrong originally)

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just went to that site and it said the page was not available.

1. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is there, I was just on it. They stole the entire HP site

5. cardelean profile image87
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

WOW!  That takes a lot of you know what to do something like that.  I have never seen anything like that.  Was this reported in "report a problem" to Hubpages?

6. profile image0

Have just email the HP team and told them. Never heard of a whole site being pilfered before!

1. molometer profile image79
      molometerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is not a new idea. The technology to copy entire websites is as old as the web itself. Blackwidow was a commercially available program that would do this quite easily.
      The point is not to log in via this site as then they have your details.

7. Pearldiver profile image66

Well Done mate!  - This is in Real Time as well - they have scraped the entire site... All our Links the lot... personal details every thing shared with HP! sad

I have been warning them about this BS for over a year and these guys have been running a DUPLICATE Mirror Site since they went online on 18 November 2011 = So they certainly have been Bunting Us!

I suggest Someone in the US RINGS HP - Maybe Paul E  Directly and Informs them That way!   Don't forget.. your personal email sites etc could also have been Hacked!

ALSO.... They can monitor and have a copy of everything that we are discussing on this site!

So... DON'T Change P/Ws or anything UNTIL This site - The Real One has been secured again!

1. molometer profile image79

This may explain all the foul ups last in the last few weeks. hubpages must be aware of this and that they are constantly being hacked. The hackers are looking for loopholes to exploit. Hopefully hubpages will learn where their vulnerabilities are and fix them?

8. profile image0

I tried to inform the host about it, but they want my phone number. No way that is happening so HP can sort it.

9. cardelean profile image87

You are right, it is real time.  I tried to "log in" but couldn't but clicked on forums and everything was showing.  That is CRAZY!

1. Pearldiver profile image66

You Should have got this Message!

Retrieval of secure URLs through a non-secure proxy is forbidden.

This proxy is running on a non-secure server, which means that retrieval of pages from secure servers is not permitted. The danger is that the user and the end server may believe they have a secure connection between them, while in fact the link between the user and this proxy is insecure and eavesdropping may occur. That's why we have secure servers, after all.

This proxy must run on a secure server before being allowed to retrieve pages from other secure servers.

SO............ They Are As VULNERABLE As WE ARE!

ALL OUR WORK sad

1. Bendo13 profile image76
        Bendo13posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This could all just be a type of proxy site where you can view sites through a proxy and then no one knows where you're really at.

People do it to hide what they do online or if they're doing blackhat marketing.

What makes me say that is the giant extra header up top... I've seen other proxy sites do that so you know you're viewing the site through the proxy and are "protected"

Otherwise I have no idea what that site is.

2. molometer profile image79

Whatever way you look at it, that site is getting a lot of hits from us alone? maybe we should think about it a little more.
        Thank god I just fixed Google chrome.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why would you try and log-in to a fraudulent site?  Do you want to just hand them the access info to your account here?

And has anyone emailed admin about this?  They are in the best position to deal with something this major, especially if the site is stealing their proprietary content and not just material from users...

1. profile image0

I emailed the Team earlier.

10. profile image0

I am going through all of my Hubs (luckily I only have 7 published) adding a text box at the top stating that unless they are being read on Hubpages.com that they are reading stolen content.

11. cardelean profile image87

I did get that message.  To be completely honest with you I really don't know what all that means.  I'm really not tech savvy at all.  But I do know that this entire site being copied is not a good thing at all.

1. profile image0

Is the HubPages site actually being copied? Or is it simply running inside an i-frame on the remote site? The latter we have seen before.

Yep WE it may well be that as the timing keeps slipping as our forum posts become more frequent.  I'm watching side - side screens... HP - Proxy

Could Someone in the US RING Paul or the Office and talk to them Directly please?

AND  JUST FOR SUSAN and everyone else wondering How A Banned Person Sent Mail!

NOW You Know that the Kikilari character was posting the 'mail' from the Dupe Site... Perhaps that was setting the scene for this end game... Well Mate if you're reading this.... it's party time!

12. cardelean profile image87

Huh?  See response above!  big_smile

1. profile image0

In plain terms, if it is an i-frame, maybe things are not as bad as they look. Because in that case, the HubPages site is not actually being copied. Someone could just display HubPages inside a frame on their own site.

13. cardelean profile image87

I hope not but I'll defer that to the experts!

1. profile image0

Me too. Never expected you to provide the answer.

14. Pearldiver profile image66

It means that these guys have rented a shitload of server space and as cheaply as they can are redirecting ALL Genuine HP Traffic away from here and into the the Kansas Rabbit Hole... and they are in control of here!

Where are the members of this community disappeared to? sad

What a Rought... I thought Paul and co were smarter than this!  Someone has really Nailed HP with this!

All I can think about is.... HERE WE Go Again! sad

1. Larry Fields profile image66
      Larry Fieldsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My article, or the opening paragraphs thereof, at wattsupwiththat.com has appeared at other websites as well. But in each case, the other sites were upfront about where the original article came from. I take it that this new entity is less open in that respect.

15. cardelean profile image87

Well relache as I've already stated I am not as tech savvy as some people and I guess in my stupidity and the 3 am hour I didn't really think about that.  I was just trying to see if I was able to access my account page through the site.  I think that they already are well on their way to accessing plenty of info.  But thanks for the heads up for next time!

And in the thread above WD said an email had been sent to HP.

16. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 12 years ago

If you are logged into your account here it shows you all the details on that site too... so you really don't have to log in there... I hope we have some better understanding of what is happening here soon... Staff wake up!

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Assume the worst.... I believe these guys may have gone online sine November 2011 - if they had set remote control of here then - which over the period 3 months + without the bugs being found by HP's Tech Team... Then assume your personal data may well have been accessed Lisa.

Anyone seen that wolf - (the banned one) back again in the last couple of days?

1. Lisa HW profile image61
          Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

PD, thanks.   (I've actually had two peculiar situations over the last few/several months.  I won't go into them here right now.   Maybe they're completely unrelated...   )  I e.mailed when they occurred.

17. profile image0

The link on my profile to my website brings their banner up across the top of my page.

18. profile image0

Which for those of us not qualified to fly a space shuttle means?

1. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That means that HP has been hacked - probably by the same gang who are hacking stuff all over the place to try and whip a public froth about hacking !!   and of course this dulls down the objections so that when SOPA comes up in a slightly different guise they can get it through without any problem.

Very Likely Mate! 

How HP DO ACT - or Don't Act will certainly point to something along those lines!

This cgi was set on 18 November 2011 - What Does That Say About the Security Here! sad 

(And all the 'How To Increase Your Traffic' posts while it's being redirected! roll )

Yes 2uesday - EXACTLY! sad

2. Bendo13 profile image76

It looks like I was correct in what I was saying above and a proxy does NOT mean that a site was hacked... go to a site like Proxify and you can browse, through that site (a proxy) anonymously, ANY site on the internet!

It doesn't change the site you're browsing, it doesn't hack it or hurt it... you're just browsing it in a way that the site you're browsing can't track your true IP address.

As far as I can see there is nothing to worry about - the site wasn't hacked.

Perhaps someone couldn't access the site from their location, maybe they got banned, maybe they were planning to spam or do something shady... or maybe they are just providing people who can't normally view HubPages due to their location (country or maybe they're at work or school where the site is blocked), a way to see the site.

Either way, I'm not worried.

That's a wonderful explanation... which almost makes me feel sorry for these thieving pricks! Who gives a rat's butt what THEIR Reason for redirecting OUR TRAFFIC is! This Breaches My Copyright as well as yours!

If they are manipulating traffic, serps, login details, passwords, signups, hubber's pages, etc... They ARE acting in a Fraudulent Manner and they are doing so With or Without HP's agreement... BUT They don't Have MINE and possibly You haven't consented to this either!

Why Don't we ASK HP if this is part of their overall SEO program roll

Why Don't we JUST REJOICE... we are getting Screwed again!! smile

HP NEED To Claw back some REAL CREDIBILITY Here and The Least they can do is Shut This Proxy Down... And if that's of no consequence to the site there are enough writers here that Are Worried about this regular raping!

Follow the bouncing ball and it is VERY EASY to Ditch this Flea! 

Let's Get Real huh?  You either Accept BS or You Don't.... This this is BS! sad

They aren't redirecting our traffic... all the links that come into your work right now go straight to your hubs.  I'm willing to bet whoever set up the proxy didn't go through and get a ton of links to every single proxy page, so there's no way they're going to outrank you.

And when you view the site through that proxy you are still viewing the actual HubPages... you're just doing it through a proxy.  All the content isn't on their site and the traffic is redirected through the proxy to our content, not to a duplicate version.

Sure, the proxy should probably be taken down... and I'm sure HP will handle it once someone's back in their office, since it has to do with the whole site.

But it's nothing to get hysterical over at the moment... I mean it's been up for how long and the sky hasn't fallen... Oops, I mean the site hasn't crashed.

I really don't think blaming this proxy site for random dips in people's traffic is accurate, but that's just me.

Oh I can Assure You Mate... That I am NOT getting hysterical over this Specific Issue!  I personally see Nothing Positive about having my hard work scraped, republished or manipulated by parties without my consent! You might understand my emotional standing if you consider this: I do not condone rape and would do anything within my power to ensure that where possible I will remove, surgically or otherwise, the rapist's equipment and ability to rape! Perhaps we feel differently on that!

As far as these turkeys are concerned... this is deeper than what is currently being discussed!  This is not merely some poor soul in the back country of BSland who needed a proxy to help a school kid's education.. as you would have us believe.. Get Real!

This is one part of at least a two part strategic play... And irrespective of ANY Justification... it is intentional, non consensual and against the interests of the bulk of writers here! Does that sound Similar to what one would go through in the act of rape?

I don't Need Your Sarcasm or justification for this sort of rubbish mate... How many times in the last 4 Years have our hubs been Raped in one form or another?  sad

I gave examples as to why the proxy could have been created, what the proxy really is and I'm not justifying that it exists.

All I'm saying is nothing will change until someone is in the office to fix it... so just wait to see what happens.

And rape has nothing to do with this and you trying to equate what I was saying to me being OK with people being raped is ridiculous.

Google Panda was BS... so was the Google sandboxing after the subdomains switched in but there's no reason for HubPage writers to start fighting with each other when you're mad at someone who made a proxy site... not me.

I gave you the facts on proxies and my thoughts and we could easily equate what happened to someone clubbing baby seals or pushing old ladies down the stairs and say that anyone who's not in line with your beliefs is OK with either of those two things.... but I think it's a lot easier and more logical to realize that no one really wants that proxy site up and we all look forward to it being taken down.

2. againsttheodds profile image59
              againsttheoddsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have contacted the hosting company with no response.  I will take a further look today, but since there is much of hubpages being duplicated in the serps I would say that they can also do something to have this removed.  As far as the drop in traffic I can say for certain that one of my pages is no longer showing in the serps due to duplicate content and have a feeling that this has hurt my other pages.    It is unclear whether their proxy is doing this intentionally maliciously or not but I believe it is having an effect.  Further, there is no need to blame the proxy developer as it has legitimate uses.  The cgi proxy serp hijacking is a known issue that has been used for years.  I agree there is no need to get crazy hysterical about this though.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please read

19. profile image0

Thanks r1 smile I am not up with the technical stuff.

20. Pearldiver profile image66

It means that Hub Pages can KICK some BUTT Seriously if they consider it important enough!  It means that this was inevitable and that it has been an intentional action by a party that isn't that smart and has probably hung his Proxy Server provider out to dry... if HP Want To Kick Some Butt... and it means that even though a proxy has been used here... they have left their footprints and fingerprints all over the crime scene - IF HP WANT TO KICK THEIR BUTTS!

So HP needs to ACT - THIS is not something you waste time with... And it's already been 3 months! 

It explains the 'Sandbox' traffic effect to some degree also..

21. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

From Pearldiver's earlier post -

18th of November - is that not about the time when some hubbers started to see a their traffic drop? Maybe it was this that caused it and not a Google change.

22. profile image0

Until they DO act, I for one will not be posting any new Hubs.

23. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Oh god when I tried to log on about 60 mins ago. I got a messaage saying "Down for Maintenance ,try later ?

Was that Hubpages for real Im wondering ,or have we all been diverted?

24. againsttheodds profile image59

This does not mean that Hubpages has been hacked in any way.  The server at novellosrl.it is simply running a cgi proxy that is hijacking the serp results from various Hubpages users.  By redirecting a proxy page to the actual content when the googlebot queries the domain can cause the other original pages to drop from the serps.  It looks like the site may be doing this in order to sell things from their catalog since the home page looks to be an Italian store with many products.  Just to be safe, anyone who logged in or tried to log in through the proxy should change their Hubpages password.

25. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

That is seriously weird! Me no likey sad

26. profile image0

Hear, hear!

1. profile image0

Can't you publish a tiny little hub? I promise to post a comment.

1. profile image0

Well... since you asked so nicely, I will see what I can do, WSE big_smile:

1. profile image0

Thanks. I will keep a lookout. Short hub, long comment combo, maybe...

1. profile image0

Will write a Hub on a subject that should be spread as widely as possible. That WOLF mutt can help get the message out smile

1. profile image0

That is a wonderful idea! Brilliant. I'll help spread the word. Just contact me if you need any input.

27. Pearldiver profile image66

novello srl - (Venezia - Mestre) - P.Iva 02783670272
    In ottemperenza alla Legge comunitaria del 2008 - L.n.88/09

- Venice.

We placed all into a blind trust and we've ceded the trust to the trustee: God.         
    We will function as an ethernal perfect Machine in a present imperfect world.         

Novello srl 
    Like an Industrial Machine. 

All rights, God.   

-------------------------------------   
    Say No More - Sort That NutBar WOLF Out!

This message from God was on their site... roll

It is Uninvited Writer's wolf friend! sad

What's Google's Take on God Stealing Site Contents I wonder?  smile

Of Course No one Should Worry about this sort of BS.... It's all about giving God access to our work and our serps roll

28. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

"Who let the dog out" woof woof woof

Ohhhhh so he added tons of people so he could trapse his muddy paws all over the place!!! which is why he could participate while still banned...ohhhhh...

29. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

Its real time I searched for my profile there and replied to a forum thread it updated within seconds so who knows whether its a frame as others suggested

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go to the sign up page of that site and click Hub Pages terms of use at the bottom of the form. It doesn't load.

30. Pearldiver profile image66

Interestingly they are also into My Redgage Account also! sad

Here are the cookies you're using through CGIProxy:
    Delete this cookie?     For server names ending in:     ... and a path starting with:     Cookie name     Value     Secure?
        .hubpages.com     /     huid     QtNtDU87U+i2YHwuDhQnAg==     No
        .redgage.com     /     PHPSESSID     479b0010883a358d678adc0136e78c5f     No
        .hubpages.com     /     ru     http%3A%2F%2Fpearldiver.hubpages.com%2F     No
        .hubpages.com     /     rutxt     Return%20to%20the%20page%20you%20came%20from     No
        .hubpages.com     /     fb_connect     state%3D752cc67c1563dd2e7a45be72943ccdbc     No
    Authentication cookies:
    Delete this cookie?     Server     User     Realm

You are not currently authenticated to any sites through this proxy.
    ---------------------------------

http%3A%2F%2Fpearldiver.hubpages.com%2F   - For ME this bit feels like Rape! sad

1. Cardisa profile image86
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

PD I agree, I do feel raped! Utterly violated!

31. Pearldiver profile image66

Here are the cookies you're using through CGIProxy:

You are not currently authenticated to any sites through this proxy.

You are not currently sending any cookies through this proxy.

- As I said... I Don't Accept Rape... Or cookies via proxies! sad

32. NotPC profile image58
    NotPCposted 12 years ago

This is outrageous! Hubbers Unite!

33. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

To use a British coloqualism#

I am utterrly gobsmacked

Wakey wakey Paul and team from your gentle slumbers and tell us what this all means..

34. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I sure hope this is sorted out soon!

35. Cardisa profile image86
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

How does someone steal a whole site? I visited the bastards and there on the front is my hub of the day. What the hell is wrong with these freaking people. Do they know how hard we have to work? Writing quality articles is hard work. I could just punch them in the face. I hate thieves, and I especially hate online thieves because I can't get to squeeze their freaking necks.....haaa...vented!

Their Necks are easy to find... anywhere in the world!

And with the appropriate piece of Legal paperwork their proxy provider's Fducked as well!  Bad News isn't it?  sad

It is a mirror 'Copy' of the site and is intended to be anonymous (via the proxy structure)... but it hasn't been done very well.

I personally think that this party has a serious issue with HP... not the writers.. although there seems to be a religious self righteousness attached to this lot, as was thrown at many via that banned poster writing directly on the proxy site after getting banned on this one. - to do that.. he had to have sign in ability with the proxy site.

36. viking305 profile image94
    viking305posted 12 years ago

This situation sickens me to the core.  I have spent over a week trying to get my stolen articles on other sites removed. Some successfully, some not!

Now this  I never even thought that a whole site could be stolen.  That shows how naive I am!

It's a proxy and I believe it was written by a guy in San Fran... Maybe the TEAM can walk down the road and lynch the techie culprit.. Maybe the Team can MAKE A STATEMENT. Maybe the Team will act the same way as the last time we were scraped and suggest ways to increase our traffic! Maybe...

maybe....

maybe....

maybe... it's too hard sad

maybe...

maybe... it will just go away?

maybe....

maybe NOT! sad

37. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 12 years ago

This is a huge concern and I see nobody from management commenting in this form. How many of us are about to DELETE our account? I have to seriously consider it, this is an invasion of everything everyone has worked so hard for here to make work and now all of us are being exposed and hacked. Passwords and other valuable information infringed upon. Our traffic being redirected is not KEWL at all. SO UNLESS THE OWNERS of this site can swiftly correct this huge problem, a vacation from this site is a priority.

1. tammyswallow profile image90
      tammyswallowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is the 4th incident I have encountered in three short months on Hubpages. I am behind you also Vincent. I work to hard on these things for this to happen over and over.

38. Moonmaiden profile image68
    Moonmaidenposted 12 years ago

I'm going to follow this thread to see what happens now. Why even have a password if it doesn't protect us from things like this?

39. jenniferrpovey profile image76
    jenniferrpoveyposted 12 years ago

I think I worked out what it is.

It's a proxy designed to allow people to read our hubs...without getting the ads, so nobody gets any money. Everything shows up except the ads.

However, I do not think they are actually getting our personal data this way. They're just stripping the ads and putting it in a frame. I doubt they're getting hold of our login information.

I'm not too worried.

I couldn't find these guys by searching on Hubpages.com, my own name or my most popular hub. They can only steal our traffic if they can GET traffic.

40. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I also e-mailed the team and I am sure the dust will settle. They will look into it and provide an update. I agree with Website Examiner and all others, let's just wait to see what it is all about. It could be a number of things. smile

41. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I searched and found 105 results on Google and non on yahoo or Bing.

42. Pearldiver profile image66

The Issue is: For What Purpose.

Looking closely at it.. the proxy wasn't even loaded in an SSL - https: structure - so it is not on a secure server and therefore doesn't (allow) have the ability to allow anyone to log into any part of the site here that is secure - eg: Profile, Account, Earnings details.

It is able to be used as a phishing site though and that should be of some concern.  It can also be used as the vehicle to scrape our hubs, without leaving any indication of that on This Site.  That is a major... as they can repackage our work at their leisure.

The question is as I said - What is the Real Purpose of this violation?

It's far more than serps manipulation... there are a lot of potential dollars to be made here from ebooks and alike... Stripping out the ads would indicate to me that they are scraping for the purpose of...????? sad
    While they have remote access.. they have the ability to steal from us! END OF STORY... they need to be Taken Down asap and any backup files destroyed. sad

Good if it has been pulled... BUT That Is Not The End! sad

1. Cardisa profile image86

I am so darn mad right now!

43. 2uesday profile image65

In this case - silence is not golden. Why do I feel like we are pawns in a game of chess.

Because... We Are!  Don't forget these guys have had the ability to completely strip whatever they wanted to for over 3 months - with No Interference from HP or us.... Now that is a worry! sad

2. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd say we're working in a writing world that hasn't righted itself yet.  That is, content on the internet is still easy to copy.  Throw in that Communist China, and other countries, don't recognize property rights the way the rest of the world does, and it really gets tricky.

I'll be honest, whenever I've written anything on the internet, I never assumed it wouldn't be copied.  What's happening now is that there is money to be made with the content we produce, but the author isn't likely to see much of it.  Professional marketers, advertisers, content platforms, and scrapers are far better equipped to monetize it than we are.

Until it's determined what is ours and what's not, on the internet, nothing will change.  It hasn't changed since I've been using the internet (since its creation).  Perhaps having your professionally optimized site could bring in some dollars, but then, I see some former site owners on HubPages, too.

44. Pearldiver profile image66

This BS Site HAS NOT Been Taken Down - It is still there in all it's glory!

novellosrl.it hubpages

Maybe HP can ACT on this!

1. imatellmuva profile image77

I sure hope so Pearldiver! I've been following this closely. The site is still there. I haven't clicked the link, because I'm uncertain what harm, or good for that matter it will do.

I wish HubPages would at least make a formal announcement regarding this, including their acknowledgement that it has happened, and at least to possibly quash any fears or reservations that anyone may have.

45. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

The whole site is in Italian.I clicked on a few headlines and everything has been translated. Does this qualify for duplication in Googles eyes?
    there's a top heading above the hub pages heading :Novello and more topics in Italian..

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I tried to sign in and received the message that it s non secure server..

2. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's illegal to copy, reproduce, or translate your work without approval from you.  I've never seen an exception to that rule, unless stated in the author's site policy.

46. jenniferrpovey profile image76
    jenniferrpoveyposted 12 years ago

It's there, but it's not showing up above Hubpages on a non-site search. No doubt the real reason it's been there for weeks without anyone noticing is because it's not getting traffic through Google.

It's not actually being copied. It's a script that displays what's already on the site with the ads stripped. Why? I assume because somebody or other wants to read our hubs without giving money to Hubpages. (Which fits with the theory that this is somebody who is mad with Hubpages about something).

But I just don't see how this is lowering people's traffic. Why? I just did Alexa comparisons.

Hubpages has a traffic rank of 295, reputation of 121,770, reaching an estimated 0.4% of internet users.

Novellosrl.it has a traffic rank of 2,632,919, reputation of 23, reaching an estimated 0.00005% of internet users.

A threat? I think not.

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

is it giving us more traffic or taking it away? and is Google punishing us for duplicated articles? I'm concerned about that

47. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Hey everyone!

Because you actually own the content (not HubPages), we cannot file a complaint under the DMCA. 

The way to deal with this site is for all of you to file DMCA complaints for stolen Hubs, and eventually the site will be taken down. If you're not sure how to file a DMCA complaint, stop by our Learning Center guide- it's super easy! The quicker you act, and the more people act, the sooner this will be dealt with.

[Edit- because this is an Italian site, DMCAs ain't gonna help all that much- I hadn't noticed that. And yes, we are working on getting the site blocked from our end, though it's important to remember that since you own all your content on HubPages, it's up to you to file DMCA complaints when it is stolen (in America, hahaha).]

1. R9139 profile image61
      R9139posted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you have a look at the website in question, you will see the whole of HP's website has been cloned. Logo, look, basic layouts of profiles/text and so on surely that much is down to HP and not its community to deal with?

Go to Google.com
      Copy this link into it: http://www.novellosrl.it/cgi-bin/nph-pn … 2r636s6q2s

Take a look at a complete like for like HubPages, whats up with that. Is their website a rip off without adverts or is it just a cheap proxy service?

1. cardelean profile image87
        cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  We can all file individual complaints but there is definitely a bigger issue at hand.

2. Cardisa profile image86

It's more like a URL redirect that a copy of the site. It reminds me of a traffic surfing site where you see the webpage but at the top is the hosting site.

2. cclitgirl profile image93
      cclitgirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to share this response everywhere I can - a good lesson for all of us.  smile

3. Cardisa profile image86

Hi Simone, the fact that the entire site has been stolen, the site belongs to HP, isn't there something about stolen sites that HP can do?

I mean, it's the entire site that's the problem not just our hubs.

1. imatellmuva profile image77

Thanks Cardisa! This appears to be bigger than individual hubbers.

2. tammyswallow profile image90

Does Hubpages sell rights to these companies to do this perhaps.. to make bigger profits for the owners? Is this why "Hubpages" isn't concerned?

1. profile image0
          Vincent Mooreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tammy excellent observation, it's the bottom line that counts, PROFITS no matter how ethical or legal for some people.

4. WriteAngled profile image75
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So the contents of the Learning Centre, HP blog, help files, forum etc. are also our individual property and not that of Hubpages Ltd or whatever you call yourselves?

[sarcasm intended]

5. Pearldiver profile image66

THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT BUSINESS ANSWER!

That is a complete cop-out and avoidance of the real problem!

HubPages DO HAVE the Legal Capability of Filing against this party For the Breaches against the Company's Intellectual Property!  DO You Want ME to do the Legal work?

You could file for an injunction immediately - and in that way HUBPAGES can do a Kim Dotcom on the culprits - you know... take their lunch money! roll

Amazing!  Employ me for a Week and I'll Teach you How to Deal with the Power that you have in YOUR Tools! 

What a Time To Pull a 'Them And Us' separation HP... this was a Business Opportunity for you to rekindle the dying spark within a saddened community here!

1. viking305 profile image94
        viking305posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very well said! I agree with you Pearldiver completely.

2. imatellmuva profile image77

Pearldiver...I like your style!!!

6. imatellmuva profile image77

Simone, I have filed a DMCA with a specific site, Wordpress to be exact, but when I go to Google for site content, I am forwarded to the same Google page with the following message:

Google is a provider of information, not a mediator. We bring you different webpages that relate to your search request, but we don't make any claims about the content of these pages. For more information, please see our Terms of Service. In matters involving trademark, it is best to directly address the webmaster of the page in question. Once the webmaster has altered the page in question, Google's search results will automatically reflect this change after we crawl the site.

Can someone, any of you, please remit a formal response to this forum post, or at least a formal response in the HubPages Announcements forum?

7. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you guys actually look when you get these alerts?

http://www.novellosrl.it/cgi-bin/nph-pn … 656q656r74

here, now make some phone calls

this stuff doesn't have to be so difficult and you should have at least one Lawyer sending threatening letters for you.

48. 2uesday profile image65

I thought the content of the forums was owned by HubPages and the layouts, logos etc.

If they are not worth protecting that is incredible.

49. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

There seems to be some mailicious ware on the site.  I can't bring it up on either one of my systems.  In fact, the site tries to turn off all my firewalls. 

I will take everyone's word here for what it is...

As for HP, I am a bit shocked at the response.  Yes, we as individuals should file the reports; however, as it has been stated, it appears that the entire site of HP has been duplicated.  Site infringement??!!??  Surely, something can be done from HP as a whole with each individual filing a claim under HP?  Class action provides better leverage than one, two, three filing individually.  En masse is a good idea but a concerted effort would speak volumes louder than each of use sending in a report.  And, HP should be taking a stance against this.

1. profile image0
      Vincent Mooreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ABSOLUTELY

1. tammyswallow profile image90

Vincent,
        Was your work under Saddleridder1 duplicated? If so, this site could have been around longer than we think.

50. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

Plus, as the site is using HP logos:

as quoted from your terms of use:

"7. TRADEMARKS AND SERVICE MARKS

"HubPages," "HubScore," and "Hub" are HubPages service marks or trademarks and protected by applicable laws. Other product and company names mentioned on the Service may be the trademarks of their respective owners."

Surely, HP doesn't want to stand back and get walked on by another site/hacker/whatever?!?  hmm

Or are these not legal trademarks of HP???

1. cardelean profile image87
      cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good point Beth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)