MissMelissaK profile image 87

Do you believe "lust" is normal or from the devil?

The reason I ask is because I feel there is a difference between a "healthy desire" and "lust". Lust grabs you and holds you captive, almost like a drug addiction. Desire grows over time and does not hold you in the same desperate manner that lust would. Jesus told us not to lust after others. Think of the millions of families and businesses that have been destroyed by lust. Lust is now part of our culture and media, that we hardly blink an eye, until it crosses a line, such as Miley Cyrus proved at the MTV Awards. Do you feel lust is normal or a definite problem in our society?

61

Best Answer Lynn812 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

Your words are most refreshing and I can see the Holy Spirit working in you. You have a sincere desire to follow the Lord and it shows. I agree with you. When I get tempted I say "In the name of Jesus, I rebuke you!" Or the 23:1 Psalm "The Lord...

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

I disagree. I think many families have been blown apart by lust. Think of affairs of the heart, cheating. Lust is not normal. The media makes it normal. We aren't supposed to go around and visualize everybody in a million different lewd ways.

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

The definition of lust is uncontrolled sexual desire. What you speak of is normal desire for your husband. If you took that same desire and slept with your neighbor, the milkman and the mailman, you may just have a problem with lust.

tastiger04 profile image89

tastiger04 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

The Holy Spirit guides me. As a Christian, we are to think holy, pure, clean and lovely thoughts. My faith guides me with obedience and the desire to do the will of God. I don't believe that God created "lust". Lust is "inappropriate sexual thought.

krillco profile image95

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

Absolutely! I agree. Lust is selfish and not from God. Can anyone be holy and lustful at the same time? It's not possible. God calls us to be holy. The enemy works with "deception". Just because something looks good, doesn't mean it is good.

Sri T profile image80

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

I feel it doesn't go away. I feel "lust" is like a fire. If you feed it, it will grow and get bigger. Many people have a problem secretly with lust. The "lust" business is making billions for a reason because of the millions in secret bondage.

johndnathan profile image86

John D Nathan (johndnathan) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

There is plenty of lust in the 80+ set now that we have Viagra and the STD rate is skyrocketing for the senior set so how do you like them apples? I believe that lust is not from the Holy Spirit. I believe it is from the enemy.

sarahmoose profile image74

Sarah Chewings (sarahmoose) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

So as a scientist, would you say its natural to rob, cheat or kill if my hormones tell me its only natural? I think what I'm getting at is lust is an inability to control one's sexual desire. There is no restraint so therefore it is a sin.

Rosana Modugno profile image85

Rosana Modugno says

KenDeanAgudo profile image72

Kenneth C Agudo (KenDeanAgudo) says

Borsia profile image61

Borsia says

0

Rayne123 says

Darrell Roberts profile image79

Darrell Roberts says

DanKis profile image60

DanKis says

thomasczech profile image50

thomasczech says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

When I was young, I thought it was "normal". Now that Jesus has saved me, I understand by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, just how wrong it is. You hit the nail on the head. Society makes it the norm and I agree, children are being bombarded daily.