Let's write a short story line by line!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 440 discussions (543 posts)
  1. kimback08 profile image61
    kimback08posted 15 years ago

I'll begin our story with part of a sentence and the next person to post adds on to my post, and then the next post adds on to theirs and so on.  HERE WE GO...

1. kimback08 profile image61
      kimback08posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I had to go for a walk, to get away from all of these people because...

1. KCC Big Country profile image86
        KCC Big Countryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I could feel my heart pounding.   These people didn't know me, they would never understand why I....................

2. andellica profile image60
        andellicaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'll begin writing poem. Ayhan Demiral

3. Zahndoc profile image61
        Zahndocposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I could feel my heart pounding.   These people didn't know me, they would never understand why I....................

1. Renz Lemuel profile image84
          Renz Lemuelposted 3 years agoin reply to this

. . . am in pain of losing them though they are still there. I'm in pain of knowing that they are here yet, these people didn't know me, at all .

2. Trader Dale profile image59
      Trader Daleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

3. Eagle Paving profile image59
      Eagle Pavingposted 3 years agoin reply to this

4. IrfanAhmad7275 profile image60
      IrfanAhmad7275posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to

2. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

could not watch as the bull was to be sacrificed for.....

1. KCC Big Country profile image86
      KCC Big Countryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

nothing!   I just couldn't watch.  It makes me...............

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
        Teresa McGurkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

. . .remember that night in Angola, outside the village, the moonlight glinting on his gray hair and the machete raised in his hand, as he. . .

3. Nickny79 profile image68
    Nickny79posted 15 years ago

gazed enviously upon a gathering of British military officials who were drinking brandy and examining surveys for a new fortification...

4. Lifebydesign profile image63
    Lifebydesignposted 15 years ago

they were quietly but resolutely building out of blue cheese and doughnuts

1. Nickny79 profile image68
      Nickny79posted 15 years agoin reply to this

which were carefully prepared by their dutiful Angolan servants.

1. Lifebydesign profile image63
        Lifebydesignposted 15 years agoin reply to this

'Good grief, dear man you've done it again,' he barked as he nervously watched his friend get spattered.

5. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

and, as he brought the machete down to slice the olive for the martini he would never drink, he

contemplated how life improved with the new railroad, and the new smithy, and hospital that were built since the arrival of Her Majesty's men.

6. Lifebydesign profile image63

his contemplation completely broken

7. twickywabbit profile image58
    twickywabbitposted 15 years ago

The pungent taste of grief overcame him and he dropped to his knees onto the soft blood-soaked ground staining his trousers.

8. profile image0

In a short while he heard voices and a man's voice utter those famous words, "Just the facts ma'am." It was Joe Friday himself investigating.....

1. Cris A profile image60
      Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And he thought to himself "this couldn't be for real"...

9. Ronne Kuriakose profile image59
    Ronne Kuriakoseposted 15 years ago

but like every man accepts his death,he too accepted it ,but deep inside he knew tat ...

10. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

if he digs really deep, and believe with all his might, deliverance will come like...

11. Shalini Kagal profile image53
    Shalini Kagalposted 15 years ago

the dawn after the night, the rainbow after the storm. Trying to still his fear, he….

1. Pam Roberson profile image67
      Pam Robersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

imagined that his friend was only sleeping. No, he wasn't spattered, he's having sweet dreams of...

12. Teresa McGurk profile image60

. . .sweet dreams of . . .

that day by the river, with the old crowd, the girls in their summer dresses, the men anxious to please. . .

but not TOO anixous to please.  He watched the girls disembark on the quay.  They were shielded from the oppressive Angolan sun by parasols, and the Angolan men with grudging hospitality unloaded from an exhausted steamer dozens of  trunks and bags

13. profile image0

but I had to go for another walk to get away from these people because they just wouldn't understand...

14. shashigai profile image59
    shashigaiposted 15 years ago

where I was coming from, how I knew which parts were dream, which parts were reality. Was it bleu cheese or blood? Sacrifice or summer memory? Only I knew, and I did not know how to tell them that really, it was...

15. indy cindy profile image65
    indy cindyposted 15 years ago

I believe this is the story so far  ...

I had to go for a walk, to get away from all of these people because I could feel my heart pounding.   These people didn't know me, they would never understand why I could not watch as the bull was to be sacrificed for nothing!   I just couldn't watch. 

It makes me remember that night in Angola, outside the village, the moonlight glinting on his gray hair and the machete raised in his hand, as he gazed enviously upon a gathering of British military officials who were drinking brandy and examining surveys for a new fortification they were quietly but resolutely building out of blue cheese and doughnuts which were carefully prepared by their dutiful Angolan servants.

'Good grief, dear man you've done it again,' he barked as he nervously watched his friend get spattered. His contemplation completely broken, the pungent taste of grief overcame him and he dropped to his knees onto the soft blood-soaked ground, staining his trousers.

In a short while he heard voices and a man's voice utter those famous words, "Just the facts ma'am." It was Joe Friday himself investigating and he thought to himself "this couldn't be for real" but like every man accepts his death, he too accepted it, but deep inside he knew that if he digs really deep, and believe with all his might, deliverance will come like the dawn after the night, the rainbow after the storm.

Trying to still his fear, he imagined that his friend was only sleeping. No, he wasn't spattered, he's having sweet dreams of that day by the river, with the old crowd, the girls in their summer dresses, the men anxious to please but not TOO anixous to please.  He watched the girls disembark on the quay.  They were shielded from the oppressive Angolan sun by parasols, and the Angolan men with grudging hospitality unloaded from an exhausted steamer dozens of  trunks and bags but I had to go for another walk to get away from these people because they just wouldn't understand where I was coming from, how I knew which parts were dream, which parts were reality. Was it bleu cheese or blood? Sacrifice or summer memory? Only I knew, and I did not know how to tell them that really, it was ...

16. Lifebydesign profile image63

But I was interupted by an incessant ringing coming from my steamer trunk. "What on earth...?"

17. Teresa McGurk profile image60

It couldn't be!  Could it?  Maybe it was. . . or then, again -- but no, it was too improbable; they couldn't have found me here, could they?

18. profile image0

Yes! It was me in there. I had been drugged, bound and gagged and just....

19. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 15 years ago

dying to remember where I left my........

20. Shalini Kagal profile image53

… knapsack with my pet anaconda. The last I’d known, she was curled up in the knapsack, snug against the warmth of my back. Was she scared? I wondered….

21. Cris A profile image60

but then again she must not be for I also put a toad for her to play with. And it's such a pretty toad too. The kind that shimmers in the sunshine....now if only I can remember what my kanpsack looks like...it's...

22. KCC Big Country profile image86

camo-colored, which I knew would be a big mistake.  But, how was I to know that......

23. Cris A profile image60

you have to carry it on your back because that's why they are made like that. I can only shake my head in disgust. "You fool!" said I to myself. But to my surprise....from a not so great distance, somebody said... Yes?" And...

24. Shalini Kagal profile image53

...there was Tolden, the protaganist of an unwritten bestseller, flashing a smile, beckoning me to follow him. Was this the way to freedom? Or was it the road to a fame that would enslave me forever? I couldn't quite tell.....

1. Lifebydesign profile image63
      Lifebydesignposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Again with the confusion. 'Come on already', I told myself. This simply would not do if I was going to get out of here alive and at the very least have a chance to wear that spiffy camo backpack again.

25. Cris A profile image60

But suddenly smoke from an open grill overwhelms me! Oh what dilemma! Fame or mouthwatering food! With steely resolve I decided to...

26. Lifebydesign profile image63

just make sure they hadn't put Tweety my anaconda on the open flame for breakfast.

27. Shalini Kagal profile image53

Now a puddy tat I tawt I taw was fine …but my Tweety – oh no! she wouldn’t harm a fly – an elephant maybe – but no sirree – she just watches the flies fly by! I walked faster….

28. Cris A profile image60

...faster than a speeding sloth until at last, parting the delicious smoke with my hands, there it was my knapsack! So I...

29. KCC Big Country profile image86

sighed a breath of relief!  What would I tell.................

30. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

my momma when she called my cell phone to complain...

31. Lifebydesign profile image63

And hang on where IS that phone?

32. KCC Big Country profile image86

Why can't I keep up with things?  What is wrong with me?  I hope I.....

33. Shalini Kagal profile image53

The story so far......

I had to go for a walk, to get away from all of these people because I could feel my heart pounding.   These people didn't know me, they would never understand why I could not watch as the bull was to be sacrificed for nothing!   I just couldn't watch. 

It makes me remember that night in Angola, outside the village, the moonlight glinting on his gray hair and the machete raised in his hand, as he gazed enviously upon a gathering of British military officials who were drinking brandy and examining surveys for a new fortification they were quietly but resolutely building out of blue cheese and doughnuts which were carefully prepared by their dutiful Angolan servants.

'Good grief, dear man you've done it again,' he barked as he nervously watched his friend get spattered. His contemplation completely broken, the pungent taste of grief overcame him and he dropped to his knees onto the soft blood-soaked ground, staining his trousers.

In a short while he heard voices and a man's voice utter those famous words, "Just the facts ma'am." It was Joe Friday himself investigating and he thought to himself "this couldn't be for real" but like every man accepts his death, he too accepted it, but deep inside he knew that if he digs really deep, and believe with all his might, deliverance will come like the dawn after the night, the rainbow after the storm.

Trying to still his fear, he imagined that his friend was only sleeping. No, he wasn't spattered, he's having sweet dreams of that day by the river, with the old crowd, the girls in their summer dresses, the men anxious to please but not TOO anxious to please.  He watched the girls disembark on the quay.  They were shielded from the oppressive Angolan sun by parasols, and the Angolan men with grudging hospitality unloaded from an exhausted steamer dozens of  trunks and bags but I had to go for another walk to get away from these people because they just wouldn't understand where I was coming from, how I knew which parts were dream, which parts were reality. Was it bleu cheese or blood? Sacrifice or summer memory? Only I knew, and I did not know how to tell them that really, it was ... but I was interrupted by an incessant ringing coming from my steamer trunk. "What on earth...?" It couldn't be!  Could it?  Maybe it was. . . or then, again -- but no, it was too improbable; they couldn't have found me here, could they?

Yes! It was me in there. I had been drugged, bound and gagged and just dying to remember where I left my knapsack with my pet anaconda. The last I’d known, she was curled up in the knapsack, snug against the warmth of my back. Was she scared? I wondered. But then again she must not be for I also put a toad for her to play with. And it's such a pretty toad too. The kind that shimmers in the sunshine....now if only I can remember what my knapsack looks like...it's camo-colored, which I knew would be a big mistake.  But, how was I to know that you have to carry it on your back because that's why they are made like that. I can only shake my head in disgust. "You fool!" said I to myself. But to my surprise....from a not so great distance, somebody said... Yes?" And there was Tolden, the protaganist of an unwritten bestseller, flashing a smile, beckoning me to follow him. Was this the way to freedom? Or was it the road to a fame that would enslave me forever? I couldn't quite tell. Again with the confusion. 'Come on already', I told myself. This simply would not do if I was going to get out of here alive and at the very least have a chance to wear that spiffy camo backpack again. But suddenly smoke from an open grill overwhelms me! Oh what dilemma! Fame or mouthwatering food! With steely resolve I decided to just make sure they hadn't put Tweety my anaconda on the open flame for breakfast. Now a puddy tat I tawt I taw was fine …but my Tweety – oh no! she wouldn’t harm a fly – an elephant maybe – but no sirree – she just watches the flies fly by! I walked faster… ...faster than a speeding sloth until at last, parting the delicious smoke with my hands, there it was my knapsack! So I sighed a breath of relief!  What would I tell my momma when she called my cell phone to complain?

And hang on where IS that phone? Why can't I keep up with things?  What is wrong with me?  I hope I didn’t put that cell phone in with Tweety and the toad! That toad now, one never can tell….

34. KCC Big Country profile image86

what Tweety would do if left alone with a ringing cellphone.  I remember the last time.....

35. Ronne Kuriakose profile image59
    Ronne Kuriakoseposted 15 years ago

she slapped me hard saying tat i had been ignoring her..it was like..

36. profile image0

C. C. Riter for stealing his Tolden Goad. How would he cope with losing his newly found mush mouth pittle stinker? Well, what could I.....

37. Pam Roberson profile image67
    Pam Robersonposted 15 years ago

"Well what could I..."

do but grab a burger from the grill and slather it with ketchup, mustard, chili and no onions while gazing around at all the fools gathered here on this day who think they know me, but what they don't know is...

38. Lifebydesign profile image63

that underneath this fat suit disguise, I was sweating bullets, and the chilli wasn't helping either. Anyhow I finally spotted him

39. KCC Big Country profile image86

standing at the edge of the shrubs, wearing that awful.............

40. profile image0

slicker with no clothes on, ready to flash.....

41. KCC Big Country profile image86

anyone and everyone crazy enough to walk past him.  Now what?  Who should I tell?  They would probably never believe..........

42. profile image0

what this flasher was wearing around his groin...

43. KCC Big Country profile image86

Yup, that's right.......around this perverts groin was a....................

44. profile image0

smoking cigar and as the smoke wafted up his slicker I recognized him as the famous detective Clouseau of Pink Panther fame. I thought he was dead but....

45. KCC Big Country profile image86

evidently not.  What could he possibly be doing here?  He doesn't seem the type to hang out at backyard bbq's.  I wonder if he's watching..........

46. profile image0

for Detective Columbo who was lurking about in...

47. KCC Big Country profile image86

what appears to be some sort of disguise.  I really can't make out what he's wearing on his head.  It looks like some sort of............

48. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years ago

badger. And it looked pretty mad.

49. KCC Big Country profile image86

I scratch my head in wonder.  What does all this mean?  Why today? Why this bbq?  What are they after?  Surely, it doesn't have anything to do with......

50. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years ago

that chihuahua that Tweety ate last week. I covered her tracks with...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)