Let's write a short story line by line!

Jump to Last Post 401-440 of 440 discussions (543 posts)
  1. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

I turned my mind to thoughts of things about as far away from food as thoughts could be.  After all, man neither lives by bread alone nor

2. Lisa HW profile image62

hopes that someone else will pick up where where we left off - and so, after patiently and pensively waiting for I was for four solid days; I headed North, where I ran into a man who

3. AshleyVictoria profile image60
    AshleyVictoriaposted 15 years ago

told me that patience is a virtue.  He said that yoga helps to soothe impatient people, so I decided to take a yoga class only to find that...

4. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

yoga brought the nessie up in me...that sneaky not self part we all have deep within out subconscious that makes us do the things we would not, and not do the things that we would want...Oh Saint Patrick...help me...safe me from the nessie (and these damn gooey potatoes)  big_smile

5. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

But alas... the great Saint let you eat potatoes..more and more potatoes. Soon you have found out you ate over 15 potatoes, how will your stomach feel in a few minutes? Will you even live though all of the food or become sick an ill. For only god to tell this bystander, horrified and shocked at what has just become over you, from all the stuffing and chewing of the golden potatoes, shall walk back out onto the ship back to Ireland, in order to get some food himself. For now adieu and remorse if you make it to Easter!

~thranax~

6. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 15 years ago

But Ireland was not what it once was, not the Ireland of my deer sweet mither and fither, it seemed as if all the

7. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

....Corned Beef and Cabbage of the world turned to cardboard. If only the savory food still existed...

~thranax~

8. Lisa HW profile image62

Longin' fuhr a denner thut dedn't tastle like 'twas made by the divil, himself, I reached ento my bag to get the green sherret I'd ben loogin' weth me.  'Twas, afteer all, St. Paddy's day - und I wus soomhow feelin' like a deffrent pearson, now thut I wus en Irelund.  'Tis fuhnny how

9. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

hot cross buns and a cup of piping hot tea, with a topless waitress serving him...

10. Lisa HW profile image62

just might do the trick, under the circumstances; so he decided to look in a telephone directory to find the nearest hot cross buns.   As he scanned the "H's", his eye was drawn to the

11. chana45 profile image61
    chana45posted 15 years ago

when he held his precios new born in his arms

12. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Yes, it was the city of Hankytown, where his newborn baby was born. Ahhh, the vision of the memory swayed him beyond belief...to think that it was in dear ole Ireland, from wince his dear ole great, great, granddad came, after seeing the Nessie in all her glory and length, which inspired him to seek new shores on the New World of America...
    Yes, Here in Hankytown, USA did he...

13. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

work his fingers to the bone , and try to juggle family, work and school so he could....

14. Lisa HW profile image62

buy a potato company in Idaho, with plans to revolutionize the potato business.  After all,

15. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

after all,potatoes are the main ingredient in Vodka and
    now he thought that Vodka would be a big money maker.....

16. AshleyVictoria profile image60

...so he moved to Russia because he remembered that Russia makes delicious Vodka.  When he got there...

17. AshleyVictoria profile image60

...so he moved to Russia because he remembered that Russia makes delicious Vodka.  When he got there...

18. profile image0
    The Lonely Hubberposted 15 years ago

There's no more vodka. So he went to the nearest airline and booked a flight to...

19. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

...Tuscany.  And it was all that he remembered.  The sun a golden patina over the ancient hills embraced him; warmed him from within.

Then something, if it were not so ordinary, came on as an epiphany.  He remembered it was always thus.  The girls walking in the village down dust roads in new dresses, the parents cooking for their children before a growing dusk. 

The darkness always coming on--a sacred thing. 

A small cafe ahead.  He ordered a bottle of the ordinary house Rosso and savored it.

1. Uriel profile image70
      Urielposted 15 years agoin reply to this

He went banging his head on the table shit shit oh shit i just.....

20. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

...He had just remembered with all this traveling around that he had clean forgotten his dear wife's birthday.  He downed the Rosso straight from the bottle, pushed his chair aside and ran into the Tuscan sunset, scattering the girls walking in new dresses, he hailed a cab and headed for the airport.

21. profile image0

...He was going to Turkey to write poetry and to study up on keeping Harems, and he knew Turkey was the place to start.  He hoped to meet an odalisque like this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Odalisque

Because when it came down to it, he just wasn't too fond of girls who wore new clothes all the time.  Too high maintenance, damn.

22. AEvans profile image71

He didn't know if the distate of women wearing new designer fashions all of the time was due to him not being able to afford to give them what was necessary, or he wanted someone.....

23. profile image0

...who just liked to be naked!  Who was comfortable with herself in all her nudity unbound, and who could read sexy poems in Turkish while they flopped around of fluffy Turkish carpets and got all steamy in heated Turkish baths.

But wait...

24. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

...there's more! They later went out to dine in togas and conversed about the history of staplers....

25. profile image0

And they did something kinky.  They stapled their togas together so they resembled Siamese twins, and ate grapes from the folds of material.

Later, it was discovered...

26. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

...that they had ran out of Two Buck Chuck and they invented a time machine specifically to age and ferment grapes...

27. profile image0

..But let's go back to Two Buck Chuck!  No better vino was ever invented.  Not EVEN the ordinary Russo in Tuscany.  Oh, heck, no!

And, you know, who was it that will 'sell no wine, before it's time?'  Locate them, you locate the time machine!

Meanwhile, our lovers...

28. profile image0

...decided to skip out to the "lets write a poem together" forum post to write couplets, leaving the plot on this one, like a participle, dangling...

29. AEvans profile image71

on a thread with to many words left unsaid,
    we are trying to understand what goes on in their heads...

30. m_michaelm profile image59
    m_michaelmposted 14 years ago

As the pages are turned and this chapter ends I look out my window

and remember….

31. profile image0
    nazishnasimposted 14 years ago

And I remember the time when my favorite raccoon threw itself out of the window, leaving behind a grieving widow.

32. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

... who soon got over her grief as it gave way to abject irritation at the nasty mess he'd left when he'd hit terra firma ...

33. profile image0

the raccoon as later discovered in the autopsy was suffering from an extreme case of bipolar disorder ... this brought back memories of ...

1. Capable Woman profile image60
      Capable Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the time I ate that bad sushi and had a psychotic reaction. Poor raccoon...we all have our bad days. Sometimes you don't recover, though.

34. profile image0
    SarahMichelleposted 14 years ago

He should know.  To this day he still dreams of being king of Seattle with Sarah Palin his second. Her main duties where in the field of educamacation and making sure he never ran out of fresh fruit to eat.

Funny, he never has shaken the feeling he is being followed by a pack of racoons dressed as hookers either.

35. profile image0

He remembers reading in an archaic volume ... "There is but one way of recognizing a disguised raccoon and that is through its butts"!

36. profile image0
    ajkwritesposted 4 years ago

Ten years ago, this post was made. I think so far, a book should have been published.

37. vaskon profile image68
    vaskonposted 3 years ago

We thought it was over but then something quite amazingly happened...

38. Iceageddiamond42091 profile image61
    Iceageddiamond42091posted 3 years ago

Cliff hanger, much...

39. Dasha Bautista profile image61
    Dasha Bautistaposted 3 years ago

Cliffhanger, indeed.

40. leenairen profile image60
    leenairenposted 3 years ago

Everyone is inactive now, maybe we can start again! LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)