jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Niche websites

1. peoplepower73 profile image85
    peoplepower73posted 16 months ago

How do you know when you articles have been moved to a niche website?

1. charlesnuamah profile image86
      charlesnuamahposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I think you would get an e-mail from hubpages team.

2. Blond Logic profile image91
      Blond Logicposted 16 months ago in reply to this

They send an email saying congratulations and suggesting you alter the 'about the author' bios.
      If several are moved at the same time, they put multiple ones on the same email.

3. Au fait profile image93
      Au faitposted 16 months ago in reply to this

What the others have said about receiving an email, plus when you look at your account page there may be some little green images next to the titles of the designated hubs that are being moved.  Generally some changes are made to the hub and they notify you of the changes.  The little green images are indicative of Hubpro.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 16 months ago

What everyone says here actually happens BEFORE your Hubs move to a new niche.

You know when you have Hubs actually moved to the niche sites when a filter button appears on your account page that allows you to see which Hubs are still on HubPages and which Hubs are on the niche site(s).

1. DJ Funktual profile image87
      DJ Funktualposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Aahh the blunt simplicity of Relache.  How u been?  Seems you're the only left around here from my day.

2. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Where is the filter button? I've received email notifications about some of my hubs being moved and they are there, but I don't find any filters or little green buttons on my account page.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Right below the "Statistics" title, it should say "Filter" and then right below that "select a site". If it's not there yet, it soon will be. smile

1. MizBejabbers profile image90

Thanks, the filter is there. I was looking for the little green thingy.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
            paradigmsearchposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Do you mean the green spots? The green spots just tell us HubPro or Mr. Snipper have been by, usually the prelude to a niche site transfer.

1. MizBejabbers profile image90

No, Au fait mentioned little green symbols next to a hub. I was wondering what she meant. I've seen the symbols that indicate a type or bad language.

1. Au fait profile image93
                Au faitposted 16 months ago in reply to this

MizBejabbers, I was, as Paradigmsearch said, referring to HubPro (the snippers) when I alluded to the little green symbols (images). 

I think when HP finds unacceptable language in a hub they have other ways of dealing with it and they usually expect quick resolution to the problem and may even unpublished a hub if it is extremely offensive.  You might see the little red skulls next to the hub's title in the case of inappropriate language.

The little green symbols are next to the hub's title on one's account page, and in the key at the bottom of the page they are identified as HubPro.  Mr. Snipper, as Paradigmsearch said.  Once snipped the green symbols do not go away.

3. Carola Finch profile image98
    Carola Finchposted 16 months ago

When you go to the My Hub Statistics page, you will see an option at the top called Select A Site.  This lists HubPages and all the niche sites that contain your work.  If it shows niche sites other than HubPages, click on a site to see exactly what hubs are there.  Not all my HubPro snipped hubs have been moved to niche sites.

working