1/2 a million hub views

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (32 posts)
  1. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

Hi guys 2 days ago hits to my hubs reached 500,000. with that amount of hits i have made over $1200.00 from adsense, about $20.00 from ebay and the same from Amazon.
    not bad for a hobby at all.
    thanks to all my fellow hubbers for your support and to the people who have taken the time to read my pages.....have fun.....jimmy

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64
      Ralph Deedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, Jimmy!

2. gamergirl profile image88
      gamergirlposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Going back to the origin of the topic:

CONGRATS!!!  That's AWESOME jimmy.  Great work, and great content.  Keeping it positive pays off!

2. profile image0
    helenathegreatposted 16 years ago

Wow, Jimmy!  Quite the accomplishment.  Congratulations; it's well-deserved.

3. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Congratulations, Jimmy! big_smile

4. Hoodala profile image53
    Hoodalaposted 16 years ago

That really is very cool congratulations.  Here is something I am always curious about.  When you look at your traffic sources it lists 30 referrers will you tell me the number of referrals you have gotten from the referrer in position number 30?

5. SunSeven profile image59
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Congrats jimmy. You inspire a lot of people in here. smile

6. Hoodala profile image53

You also SunSeven will you share the number in position 30 for your 800 billion visitors?

1. SunSeven profile image59
      SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL smile

Here is the full list of top 30 sources and stats

(Domain-24 hrs-7 days-30 days-ever)

google.com    7541    41663    243378    735667
      hubpages.com    699    4817    29674    200008
      google.co.uk    677    3808    20535    84501
      search.yahoo.com    222    1800    10247    83511
      google.ca    1041    5878    32635    82697
      google.co.in    320    1727    9210    74793
      stumbleupon.com    30    541    2371    40733
      google.com.au    189    1506    7746    30682
      search.live.com    168    1138    5532    17724
      search.msn.com    143    907    3652    11847
      google.com.pk    30    195    893    9470
      google.com.ph    31    255    1133    9416
      google.de    29    167    1131    8852
      mail.yahoo.com    2    49    185    8406
      i-am-bored.com    1    4    30    8249
      sublimedirectory.com    0    1    9    7603
      aolsearch.aol.com    22    133    1178    7233
      google.fr    31    159    814    6707
      netscape.com    0    0    0    6623
      images.google.com    33    280    1140    5650
      bluedot.us    0    0    0    5420
      google.nl    30    183    936    5166
      google.se    75    398    1994    4982
      indianpad.com    0    17    79    4839
      google.co.nz    17    118    720    4385
      google.com.br    32    236    1242    4347
      google.fi    55    290    1572    4272
      search.aol.com    17    75    1210    4185
      google.com.mx    51    416    1885    3931

Best Regards

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64
        Ralph Deedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Nice going, SunSeven!

7. Hoodala profile image53

Wow SunSeven that is a truly impressive list.

Sorry Jimmy I wasn't trying to hijack your thread.

Hoodala

8. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 16 years ago

Congrats Jimmy AND Sun7

9. makemoneyonline profile image39
    makemoneyonlineposted 16 years ago

Congrats Jimmy, I don't have your traffic and being here half of your time but my earnings is about half of yours so hope to be on your path smile

1. makemoneyonline profile image39
      makemoneyonlineposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Finally it's more than half: currently my monthly earnings seems to be improving by about 20$ per month; this month if I would extrapolate  ( http://hubpages.com/hub/Adsense-Earnings-day-by-day ):

13 days average: 2.74$ per day so would translate to 82.2$ per 30 days or 984$ per year.

If trend continues in February/March maybe I would reach 100$ per 30 days and catch up with Jimmy's 1200$ per year earnings and If I had his traffic I imagine ... smile

10. spuds profile image60
    spudsposted 16 years ago

Wow Jimmy. 500,000 impressions. Very impressive.

11. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 16 years ago

Well deserved too - you've certainly put the work in!

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Fabulous hobby Jimmy!

13. chabrenas profile image59
    chabrenasposted 16 years ago

Thanks for the glimpse behind the scenes. There's hope for me yet, then.

Interesting to note that affiliate revenue (Amazon) was peanuts, even with the kind of traffic you folks are getting.

I have to admit that hubbing gets addictive - evrery time my score dips a little, I'm motivated to create a new hub. But there will be some relapses lasting weeks, when other priorities take over. Hope I can claw back the losses quickly each time.

14. websurfpro profile image39
    websurfproposted 16 years ago

Wow , very impressive SunSeven ,  I have been reading some of your hubs , you sure did a great job ! What I don`t understand is how you can get 7,500 hits from google.com in one single day? I only get around 2 or 3 with 10 hubs :-? Keep up  the good work

15. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years ago

Its all round a time to celebrate...Jimmy that is quite an achievement...Hats off.
    regards Zsuzsy

16. Inspirepub profile image70
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

16 months, 500+ Hubs and half a million page views, and only $1300 total income?

Am I reading this correctly?

If so, why are all these people wandering around talking about how to make money with their Hubs?

I am not here trying to make an income from my Hubs per se, but I would certainly hope that there was sufficient revenue to make it worth my while doing all the promotional stuff I am doing to benefit HubPages as a whole. Maybe $5 per month per Hub or something. Enough to fund a bit of PPC to drive traffic to a new level, or the occasional block of Lindt chocolate to sustain me during a long evening's hubbing.

But Jimmy is a legend in these here parts, and it looks like he's making less than $1 per month per hub.

Or have I totally misread the figures?

Jenny

1. College politico profile image60
      College politicoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I was surprised that his amazon sales were so low (not trying to knock him because hes obviously done an amazing job). As I outlined in this new hub I've already made more than 20 dollars from amazon in my first 6 weeks...

1. College politico profile image60
        College politicoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

This was definitely not meant as an attack. Congrats to Jimmy hes obviously doing a great job here on hubpages.

17. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 16 years ago

Wowowee!  Congratulations Jimmy.  smile  I know you just enjoy writing and sharing (it shows in your hubs and comments) and you attracted all these success to you.

18. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

I never joined hubpages to make money, and it is a bonus that I earn anything at all, since about 90% of my hubs were written for the sake of writing, the other 10% around 50 hubs were written as experimental potential money making hubs and it is those 50 hubs that I get most earning clicks, I love to write and if I get paid, bonus-kids get a present,if i dont earn , so what, kids may be disapointed, but I would still write because I love it.
    The only place I promote my hubs is digg, I have submitted around 10-15 on stumble the same ones on reddit and delicious, I think I have claimed one on technorati, and in the past few days I have also put 5 recent ones on propellor.
    If I pushed each and every hub that I have written, I would probably have much higher stats than I do now and more money to boot.
    have fun and keep hubbing everyone.....jimmy
    p.s I didnt think when i posted this topic that i would have to defend my stats as some people dont seem to think that they are good enough.

1. Inspirepub profile image70
      Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Sorry if that sounded like an attack, Jimmy, I didn't mean it that way. I was just surprised, because I didn't know your background and intentions.

I've only been here for a short while, and I have seen lots of "how to make money from your Hub" stuff circulating. Myself, I don't expect Hubs to provide me with an income! But some people certainly seem to.

Getting that much traffic is a huge accomplishment! Not to mention turning out so many Hubs ...

Jenny

19. caspar profile image61
    casparposted 16 years ago

Well done Jimmy.

Pretty soon you'll be able to announce 300 fans too by the looks of it!

big_smile

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 16 years agoin reply to this

thanks Caspar, I just looked and Woo Hoo, the forums are a little behind, I have 302 fans. lol

20. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Congrats, Jimmy ! smile

21. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Good for you jimmy.

It's nice to know there are some here just for the love of it and not to make a few bucks.

The ones here just for the money are going to be disappointed anyway, but you obviously get more than that out of it.

Nice one !

22. ramesh profile image59
    rameshposted 16 years ago

congrats jimmy..your stats are quite impressive..smile
    but having an average of 35000 page views per month for 500 hubs is a bit low for your well written hubs..i wish u to earn more from hubs for ur kids presents..lol..

23. elisabeth reid profile image67
    elisabeth reidposted 16 years ago

Wow...congratulations.  Very impressive, not to mention inspiring. 

Kudos.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)