I Have Reached My First Google Adsense Pay Out!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 65 discussions (75 posts)
  1. Jen's Solitude profile image85
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

I can't believe how long it took me to get that last .12 cents I needed, but this morning it finally happened and I am now a little over $100.00.

I have been here almost 9 months and was hoping to reach the pay out threshold in 10 months, so I guess I am a month ahead of schedule.

I look forward to reaching the next pay out a little sooner than 9 months and of course am looking forward to actually seeing the money in my checking account in a month or so.

~Jen

1. WeddingConsultant profile image67
      WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Jen! That's about as long as it took me to make my first adsense paycheck, but boy was it a sweet thing.

Hope your 2nd one comes soon!

2. Hope Wilbanks profile image68
      Hope Wilbanksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, Jen! Way to go! I assure you, payouts do get quicker with time. Just keep plugging away. smile

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hooray! big_smile

i'm halfway there.

hopefully the holidays will make things go -kaching-.

good job!

4. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!  big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

5. profile image0
      theglobalspiritposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats that's awesome. You are a paid writer!

Stacey & Bobby

6. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
      Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Way to Go Jen cool!!!

7. dohn121 profile image79
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great job Jen!  Hopefully the next payout won't take nearly as long smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

congrats! big_smile

3. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Congrats smile.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

thats good news, YAY...wheres the beer now?

1. heckstallmaffei profile image58
      heckstallmaffeiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

seconded

5. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

You're going to have a great day!

6. NaomiR profile image72
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Cool, and on Friday the 13th, too! Awesome.

7. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 14 years ago

Great way to end the week! Nice job!

8. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Dr23, NaomiR, Flightkeeper, prettydarkhorse, emievil, rebekahELLE, thank you all very much for the congrats. It is a nice way to start the weekend. (-:

9. wrenfrost56 profile image53
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Great job! smile

10. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Wonderful!  I am so happy for you.  big_smile

11. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Hi wrenfrost56 and Ivorwen, thank you both.

Coincidentally, I discovered a medal for 100 forum posts. Icing on the cake. :-)

Jen

12. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Fantastic News.

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Great job, Jen! You'll find that the next $100 comes a lot faster.

14. Connie Smith profile image83
    Connie Smithposted 14 years ago

That is fabulous!  I really need to work on my subject material lol.  I don't think I've made a penny yet....

You deserve it for the informative articles that you put out to help people who are new or recently diagnosed victims of Multiple Sclerosis, as well as those who have been dealing with it for a long time.  When someone is scared and trying to find information, they come across your articles and see that life goes on, in spite of the diagnosis.  Your beauty and humor shine through each article that you write, giving hope and faith to everyone who reads them.  What an amazing gift to the world!

1. rmcrayne profile image93
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad I stumbled into this thread.  Connie is right.  Congrats on your AdSense milestone.

15. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Thank you Nellie and habee. I hope you are right habee, I would love the next pay out to come more quickly. (smile)

Connie Smith, you are always in my corner and I appreciate it very much!

Wedding Consultant, how right you are, it is "sweet" lol. And thank you for the second, heckstallmaffei.

16. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Sweet, way to go!

17. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

So what you going to do with your new found wealth. I hope you buy yourself something really nice to show for all your hard work. CONGRATS!

18. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Thanks to you both, sunesra and Jane@CM.

Helen Carter, hmmm, good question. To tell you the truth I was just going to look at it in my bank balance and enjoy the view! Much hard work went into that first hundred. (smile)

19. online4income profile image75
    online4incomeposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, its just a beginning.

20. eyeofh profile image60
    eyeofhposted 14 years ago

Congrats!

21. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

The greatest thing is that the next payout should happen faster as the content is there now and if you keep building and building it should be like a snowball effect or something! anyway way to go you!

22. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!! It certainly feels good when you get the first one and the rest of them come quicker and quicker. smile

23. Jen's Solitude profile image85

I am certainly enjoying reading so many comments about how quickly the next pay out will arrive.

Hope, I will certainly keep plugging away! Thank you.

Online4income and eyeofh, thank you both very much for the comments.

kristenblog, I will definitely look for that snowball effect.

cosette, I look forward to congratulating you in the near future.

AEvans, it does feel good, but even better with your assurance of the quickening pace and arrival. Thank you as well.

24. Choke Frantic profile image68
    Choke Franticposted 14 years ago

Congrats! I wish I could get my first payout in 9 months... Sadly, I'm only half way there.

25. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Hey! Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off wink

26. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Thank you Choke Frantic and RedElf, appreciate the congrats.

27. Eileen Hughes profile image61
    Eileen Hughesposted 14 years ago

Congratulations it gets better the more you write.

28. GeneralHowitzer profile image45
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Cheers!!!

29. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Good job, Jen! It only gets better. Keep up the good work.

30. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Congrats!

31. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Hi Eileen Hughes, and thanks, I do plan to keep writing!

Thank you GeneralHowitzer and Rochelle Frank I look forward to it getting better, thank you as well.

Prometheus, appreciate the congrats.

32. CMHypno profile image80
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Congratulations - and just in time for Christmas!

33. Sara Tonyn profile image59
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

Woo-hoo! Congrats!

Party at Jen's place tonight! big_smile

34. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I am so happy for you!!! That is wonderful!

35. Jen's Solitude profile image85

CMhypno, Sara Tonym (is your username a play on words, if so GOOD one! lol) Ladybird33, much thanks for the congrats. Alas, the money will not be spent, I think I will just enjoy the fact that it is in my bank account when it finally gets there, while I work hard to see how quickly I can get another pay out. (smile)

36. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Well Jen smile Congrats and I wish you  continued success!

37. queenbe profile image59
    queenbeposted 14 years ago

That is awesome and at this time of year too. Congrats to you and yours. I hope you can use some of the money to reward yourself for a task well done.

38. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Hi Eaglekiwi and queenbe! Thank you both for taking the time to post congrats to me.

39. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Good Morning rmcrayne! You are most kind, as is my friend, Connie. Thank you both very much for your support. And thank you for the congrats.

40. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Congrats Jen... and here is another bit of good news. No matter how many times those payouts come they always feel soooooo sweet. If you can buy yourself something special, that way it will become a reminder and an incentive to keep writing more and more.
    regards Zsuzsy

41. retellect profile image71
    retellectposted 14 years ago

I know how them last few days feel..........It hardly happens now though, good luck!

42. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Zsuzsy Bee, nice to know it is not just the first pay out that will feel sweet. Thanks for that!

Thank you as well, SirDent!

retellect, I thought needing .50 cents was no biggie, but it took so long I had to laugh, especially that last .12 cents. Then I received 4 clicks in one day that took me over what I needed. A case of feast or famine, I suppose.

43. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Gratz ^_^

~thranax~

44. alekhouse profile image71
    alekhouseposted 14 years ago

Very cool, Jen!

45. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 14 years ago

Cool - must be a great feeling. Congrats smile

46. Jeff Brendan profile image60
    Jeff Brendanposted 14 years ago

Hey, congratulations*

BTW can someone post about larges hub earners?

47. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Great work Jen, I will never forget my first payout.  It was way before I was involved with Hubpages but sweet never the less.  Keep working hard and you will get to a point where you receive pay from Google every month.

Keep up the great work

48. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Congrats! Hurray!!

49. profile image53
    mustangluvrposted 14 years ago

Goof Job! I'm new here on Hubpages , and that gives me an idea of how long to expect to wait before I can get paid smile

50. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Thank you Thranax, alekhouse and shil1978. Yes it is cool! ;-)

Jeff Brendan, if memory serves there are posts about earnings, if you feel up to doing a search.

Hi Dale! That is my goal, a pay out every month. Thanks for the post and the encouragement.

Thank you Dao Hoa

mustangluvr, I also appreciated hubbers who posted info that let me know what to expect with my earning potential. I kept 10 months as my goal, and am glad to have reached it a month early.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)