I'm thinking of Banning Myself.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 63 discussions (177 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Well with that many people banned this morning, all productive and active Hubbers in the community, I might as well join them.

Their posts that were reported, I don't lie, were not malicious in the slightest way.

So that brings us to who's been hitting the report button so much?  We all have our ideas but I'm curious if you'll come forward and explain your reasonings.

I suspect not, but you felt compelled to report with intent to ban these amazing Hubbers, why not shine your complaint now?

I'm just fed up.  Something went down last night and this morning other than posts not warranted for ban.

I am continuing here because Cagsil and I want to complete our projects, but am feeling depressed this could actually happen to so many all at the same time!

Thanks for letting me Rant!

1. prosmentor profile image59
      prosmentorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't try it! Am sure you are joking. I like to see your face on this community.

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes I'm joking just letting off some steam.  Thanks though big_smile

2. dogluver1 profile image58
      dogluver1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nobody should have got banned! I saw some posts like tantrums nothing was really wrong with that! The question who keeps on pushing report?

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qwn6n8.gifhttp://i50.tinypic.com/2qwn6n8.gifhttp://i50.tinypic.com/2qwn6n8.gifhttp://i50.tinypic.com/2qwn6n8.gifhttp://i50.tinypic.com/2qwn6n8.gif

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
          Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

It's Back!

3. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

who got banned? what did they do?

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60

I to have pretty much stayed away from the heated forums lately.. they are all so bad people just goin at it and I even was guilty of bein sucked into some of it... I choose to join other topics now and keep my opinion to myself...

1. Unchained Grace profile image60
          Unchained Graceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Green Eyes, what I've been seeing lately is that many of the Hubber Forums have those who are carrying on some discussions about their Hubs. How to write them, how to make money with them, etc. For me, it would probably be the place to be since I ned to learn more about this AdSense thing and I've heard rumors that Amazon don't pay so well.

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60

good advice should always be welcome smile

1. Unchained Grace profile image60
              Unchained Graceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, it seems that those within these forums, for the most part, have quite an extensive history of making money with AdSense and Amazon. I guess for a new guy I shouldn't expect much, but I've no real complaints seeing money wasn't the reason I got up here to begin with. My idea (which still is) would be that anything I do make goes for our Homeless Veterans Ministry.

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

please don't go lyrics.  even though we don't talk much, but i always enjoyed the humor and light hearted talks you brought to the forums. plus, you doing your hubs on interviewing other hubbers is very intriguing to read as well as it makes me feel like we're all actually news writers to some degree.  therefore, i hope you'll reconsider as i know things would be a lot worse if you weren't here.

2. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Who got banned ?

1. Misha profile image65
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrum, Pearldiver, and a few others I guess...

1. wsp2469 profile image59
        wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No sh*t?
        I don't consider them ban-worthy but maybe i just never pissed them off, huh?

1. nyliram profile image57
          nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Far out did Pearldiver get banned Rascism They are picking on the NewZealanders, we are just outspoken, there is no malice whatsoever, we are a Nation built on hard work, and we pretty much say what we think as you do wsp.
          I can't believe Pearldiver got banned. If they ban EagleKiwi I am taking it up with the United nations, or maybe our P.M.

Yeah, see, these forums just get us all in trouble.
            I would probably never have been turned in to admin and had two bulk flaggings of my hubs if I had not opened my mouth here in the forums.  Still, I think sometimes you just have to tell people what they need to hear instead of what they WANT to hear.

I totally concur, some people just don't seem to be able to handle a little critisicism.
              Then there are the helpful ones that tell you what you already know, thinking that they are truly superior, they are the ones that crack me up most. Oh ho here comes a banning. I haven't named anyone. lol smile I never got into trouble till I started hanging out with really kewl people like Badco and Goldentoad etc. This is how I base the jealousy theory, people were jealous of those Guys popularity, and hated all their supporters too. Amazing.

2. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You. In an hour or so. Give me a minute to finish a report cool

1. tony0724 profile image61
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cris don't hate me cause I'm beautiful ! smile

1. Cris A profile image59

Save the funny stuff - we have a whole year ahead of us cool

2. myownworld profile image71
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

UPDATE:

Tantrum
        Bloodnlatex
        Bovine
        Dogi
        SAS

And then there are others like CW who just simply decided to stay away...

it's frustrating, but don't let the negativity overshadow the good here L! Lets keep this place smiling for them to come back to! smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image80
          manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here's a smile for the ones in exile of forums for now - smile See ya' when ya' get back!

2. ksha16 profile image58
          ksha16posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got nothing to do with culprits. If they have been banned they must have done something serious. Why waste time and energy on them. I would make friends with the good lot here.

3. rmcrayne profile image93
          rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People like Crazd peak my curiosity with their huge numbers of forum posts in a short time.  Can't help myself.  I'm compelled to do the math.  She averages 50 to 70 posts a day.  She will not stay away.

4. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! oh my...sorry if that was innnapropriate...but seriously, people who get banned have 3 days to write hubs. As far as I can see, they really arent all that injured? I mean, there is still email. Hi guys!!! they can stil read too..
          Oh, if a person is truly effected by the negativity, they keep to hubs and stay out of the forums.
          I hope  your all well and will be most likely getting myself banned sometime soon when your back!!  smile

3. Misha profile image65
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

Just go ahead Kimberly and call me some names, and you'll get banned smile

Do you really want this though? Guys will be back in two days, and you'll have to stay away for more than half a day when they are back already wink

1. starme77 profile image77
        starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw Misha who in their right mind would call you names?

1. Misha profile image65

Aww, thank you Star! You'd be surprised how many people wanted, and how many actually did LOL. My favorite one is "condescending vagina" lol

1. frogdropping profile image76
            frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Having seen the occasional 'get mad at Misha, who does he think he is' post, I can validate Misha's claim. Folks have been known to get a little waspish huh Misha? And you've never been nothing other than honest.

But you know what they say. Truth hurts.

And some folks have selective hearing wink

4. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years ago

omg - banning yourself!  that is an original idea!  and what possible good will come from it!  I hear though that those that get banned get a lot of good hubs written while they're out there!  I may join you! lol

1. Cris A profile image59

LOL and they say good or bad publicity is still publicity cool

I;ll take bad anyday it helps sell my Art.

2. nyliram profile image57

In a way I ban myself, by deliberately playing the fool knowing exactly what type of person will stress out and flag /report me. It is far, far  better to have been banned than boring.
        In short I know who the reporters are NAH NA NAH NAH Playground basics, created that childish statement. Why do they keep banning people Can anyone answer that without soun ding like a Dictator.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They don't. They can report till they're blue in the face, and if the HubPages team don't agree with them,nothing will happen. 

Individual Hubbers can't cause other Hubbers to be banned. End of story, get over it.

i'm just being silly I thought that you would see through that one. but Tah for letting me know about the Hub I just hadn't noticed it was down. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This obviously has to be repeated ever 5 minutes:

And, Mandy, you have consistently attacked this site, I don't know why you are still here. And don't worry, I won't report you...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
              prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

morning UW

2. profile image0

bless you Marisa.

unfortunately, you can repeat this a jillion f###ing times, but people will swear on a stack of bibles that it is not their own lack of talent or s$$$ stirring that causes them problems or their ratings to go down - no, it is the "conspiratorial, mysterious rogue flagger and down-rater"

roll
              roll
              roll
              roll
              roll

freakin' drama queens

5. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

ok..now we gotta work to get them back..any ideas on how to start the process?

Are they banned for good?  If they're only banned for 3 days, you don't need to do a thing, they'll be back.  Moaning about it won't make any difference.

And please remember, if someone gets banned and tries to come back as one of their sock puppets, even if they don't say anything nasty, they'll get banned for even longer - because that's against TOS.  Are you sure that didn't apply to anyone?

Finally, I see accusations that some people get banned for nothing, whereas other people are "getting away with it". Could it be because they're not getting reported?  You have a solution in your hand.

6. Len Cannon profile image87
      Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

What were they banned for (specifically)?  Was it a permanent ban?

7. profile image0

this is the first I have been on today, and honestly, it is starting to scare me..we do not know the culpret and what if we happen to use our freedom of speach and anger the  banner?

8. Misha profile image65
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

All or almost all were banned for personal attacks. All rules are posted. 3 day ban.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Holy ^*%&$#*) I have never been banned, I may like it! smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Yeah...lets get banned and see what it is like smile I may actually get some writing done.

1. earnestshub profile image79
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With ya there UW! I've got a crop to put in too! lol

2. nyliram profile image57

Misha of course that is the only real reason anyone gets banned.
        Myself inclded and possibly my sock puppet as well.But as hubpages have not let me post after I observed my banned period, I have returned, as my sock puppet. I am not hiding anything, there are people on here I like to chat with, some i enjoy a bit of light banter.
        But why so serious.  New Zealanders don'tdo serious. (seriously) we don't

9. ksha16 profile image58
      ksha16posted 14 years ago

i am going to stay away from the forums.

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

!

10. Len Cannon profile image87

the "culprit" is always the Hubpages moderators.  I think the forums have an exaggerated idea of the power of the report post button.

I moderate a very active, very contentious forum with over a thousand active members.  I get reports all day.  I only pay attention to the reports when they're actually breaking the rules we have set in place.  I am 100% certain HubPages is exactly the same.

No one has a magic report button that is getting someone banned. If someone reports someone and they are banned, it is because the content of that post was against the rules we agreed to before posting. I do think the moderators should put in place some type of notice when someone is getting banned, for what rule, and for how long, but otherwise thems the breaks.

If you really think it is a problem, I REALLY think you should start reporting people back. Don't only let your side end up getting the notice.

1. darkside profile image59
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've got it in one.

For everyone else... if I were to report Len's post, nothing would come of it. He hasn't broken any forum rules. I could report him all day, and nothing will happen. Except for maybe pissing off HP HQ and being taken off their Christmas card list.

11. Len Cannon profile image87

lol

I also suggest everyone make friends with the bad lot, they're always more interesting.

1. profile image0

see , I was unfamiliar with who actually bans..if they had a post that was innapropriate, then yes..they deserved to be banned..

I am sorry if I offeneded anyone by being ingnorant when it comes to the knowledge of exactly wheat happened..I thought they were possibly banned by other member, my mistake, again I am very sorry

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years ago

really?

these people were banned because someone reported them?

are you sure about that?

or are you just conjecturing.

if someone did go on a clicking spree, do you think they would really come forward?

no.

and i'll tell you why. because rather than confront the person(s) directly, they (if what you say is correct) used the report feature instead, which is a safe, albeit cowardly option, so it stands to reason they won't have the courage to stand up and publicly admit it, right?

unfortunately we can't read all the threads because they were erased, but to say that the HubTeam goes around banning people just because someone clicks the report button is, well, kind of irresponsible, and you really don't know, so what good is this doing just tossing out more innuendo?

you really didn't see anything wrong with what SAS posted? i did, although i didn't report it. i read it after the fact and i can see why she got banned. and from what i read, some of the others in your list were swearing or doing something in violation of the TOS. they will be back in three days, so what's the problem? i considered tantrum a friend and even so, i support the HubTeam's decision and now because of that support, she's all mad at me.

gosh, too bad. i've never been one to let someone else dictate my actions, and i will be the first to say to your face what i really think, good or bad.

what are you hoping to gain by posting this? just venting? or casting more doubt onto the fire? neutral

1. profile image0

As I said Cosette, venting.  If you knew me you would know I'm not the type to 'cast more doubt in the fire'

2. yoshi97 profile image56
          yoshi97posted 14 years ago

On the forums I used to moderate the moderators weren't allowed to touch anyone unless they were reported. No report - no ban.

And those that were reported ... if they were found to be going against the TOS they got the boot. And how long did that boot last? One week for the first offense, two for the second, and the third offense was a permanent removal.

Trust me ... Hubpages is much kinder than many other places, and the places where they don't ban at all aren't worth posting on, unless you like being called an idiot or moron for everything you post because you're not part of a clique or you haven't been a member for the past five years.

Three days ... and you still get to read the forums and write hubs and make money? A ban on other sites is a total ban ... zero access. I think we sometimes forget that.

Everyone will be back soon, and they can still hear our thoughts (and appreciate everyone that is missing them). Until then, we get to eat all of their nachos ... smile

1. myownworld profile image71

smile yes, pass the nachos along everyone....and keep smiling! I know Tantrum and Blood would want us to! 2 days left before the ban is lifted on all...so cheers to a happier newer year!

1. yoshi97 profile image56
              yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

*Yoshi pulls the nacho tray away from Myownworld*

'Did ya bring some picante dip? If not, I'm not sharing' tongue

1. profile image0
                B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no, yoshi, I did not bring any picante dip, but I can make some fresh up real quick for ya, along with some guac and some tomatillo dip  smile

I'll share with ya then ... As for the rest of ya, bring dip or go without! smile

2. myownworld profile image71

*MOW''s sensibilities are easily offended and she decides to report yoshi.....! yikes

*sigh* then you can have some nachos too ...

Had to play hardball, didn't ya. smile

Deleted

I never was good at following a lead ... I have two left feet ... no, really, I have two lefts and no right ... makes buying shoes REAL tough. smile

lol lol will spare you the ban then....!

3. pylos26 profile image69
          pylos26posted 14 years ago

Just don't post on threads by those who go squeeling to management...Jeremi come to mind.

1. profile image0

you know, now that I think back, if the Jermiyou mentioned is the one I am thinking of he has purposly tryed to get me worked up into arguing with him in the past, about the town I live in that he has never been to, has no idea where it is , and was very arrrogant to the point I was going to leave for good and not come back..but I figured there were way too many who liked my company and way too many that would miss me if I left ovr something or someone so petty...

so I dont know...(I am just bothered that these individuals got banned over content that was not malicious or were against the official rules)...

I still just dont see how or why if they had legitimate hubs...

2. Misha profile image65

When you are calling somebody out, you better have facts to support your claim, or it is called libel. smile

4. profile image0

I am very confused at this point about how they got banned and why, I think I shall just hope for the best for them , BLESSED BE, and hope no one else gets banned if their content is in no way malicious or totally offensive...

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I'm pretty sure banning yourself is a sin.

6. profile image0

Misha is correct, am like I did mention I am not sure if I am thinking of the same person that was mentioned...

7. profile image0

thank you for sharing with me yoshi, I will make some fresh of all 3 real quick and I will make sure I make enough for everyone...reminds me of the new years party , 1999..

I spent from 6 pm to 3 am cooking while everyone was in the rec room/jacuzzi room/pool table & bar room in the basement..my guy at the time came up at midnight , brought me a bottle of champagne he had hidden for just us, then placed an order for 12 dozen of my spicy garlic chicken wings

my worst new years party ever...lmao

Yoshi's Party Rule #27:

Every great night will be followed by a terrible morning after. smile

8. profile image0

I actually had a great morning, I woke all the passed out people up after letting them sleep for about 4 to 6 hrs, made them clean my kitchen and I went to bed , whooped from all the cooking and then staying up to torment the hungover....hahaha

Cowbells work wonders for waking the dead. smile

1. profile image0

I went to the garage and got my emergency air horn out of one of the jet ski's...those things did immediatly wake the dead!  hahaha

9. profile image0

want me to fry up some home cooked nachos, like they do in the restaurants for you Yoshi?..its easy and I can make alot at once in my big fry daddy

Better make a big batch quick ... MOW is gettin' ready to bop me in the head for the crumbly remnants. smile

10. wyanjen profile image68
          wyanjenposted 14 years ago

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/wyanjen/rock-banned-FLAT.jpg

11. profile image0

white corn, yellow corn , or indian corn?

( technically , with me making the batches, no matter what type of corn you pick it can be considered "indian" coen..lmao :0

hey, just poking some fun at myself..I should say Native American Corn, just so I do not offend or confuse others about me....   smile

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Are we starting this all over again?

1. profile image0

My friend, I sure hope not.

What? Making nachos? I thought the Geneva Convention lifted the ban on this activity. smile

yikes what?? are we going to be reported for this now??

(((choking on her nacho))))

1. profile image0

well, I guess if you are enjoying my nacho's it will be worth getting reported on....I am just spreading something I do well with everyone smile

*Yoshi watches in horror as MOW chokes - two spirits appear on his shoulders to converse over this situation*

Good Yoshi: 'She's choking! Help her!'

Evil Yoshi: 'Bah! That's one less competitor for the goods. Let her choke!'

Good Yoshi: 'You would never forgive yourself in something awful happened to that sweet girl!'

Evil Yoshi: 'Sweet? She was going to report you for not sharing the nachos!'

Good Yoshi: 'Do the right thing Yoshi. You know it's in your heart to help her!'

Evil Yoshi: 'Ignore it, Yoshi. It's just heartburn and will pass in a half hour!'

*What should I do?*

I know, I'll put it up to a vote!

Vote (A) if you think Yoshi should do the right thing and save MOW

Vote (B) if you think Yoshi should act oblivious to the event as he eats all of the nachos

or

Vote (C) if you think we should wack Yoshi with an angry seabass

All votes count, but you can only vote once. The polls are now open, but do hurry, as MOW appears to be turning blue ...

lol lol choking laughing now....! (((hugs yoshi, even if he reeks of sea bass and nachos!))))

13. profile image0

hehehe...yes, they allow me to make nachos or anything out of corn and/or maize  smile   lol

14. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I think nachos are okay as long as you have guacamole...

15. profile image0

vote D if you think I should just make more and please let me know what preference of corn, ty wink

16. profile image0

huh..so it was for personal attacks..I had a guy do that to me repeatedly one night, I dont think he got banned, but then again, I have not seen him since,,,it was bad -got real bad, and it was prolly about a month ago maybe a lil less..

interesting

I read all that and thought Great no one is banning you. I think it must be degrees, maybe I wasn't nasty enough.

17. wsp2469 profile image59
          wsp2469posted 14 years ago

You could call ME names, Kimmy, but you know I personally kinda LIKE that type of thing sometimes. . .especially if you have your foot pressed down in my face while you're--oh sorry, TMI anyone?

1. lorlie6 profile image73
            lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You, wsp, are a card-carrying masochist! lol

18. Ladybird33 profile image65
          Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I must have been enjoying my Holidays to miss all this drama...when is the ban over for these guys?

I am a sock puppet, which I have just been told is illegal. My ban was supposedly over Christmas Eve, but hey I don't think they love me so I still can't post under my person, who shall remain nameless and blameless.
            I was given 3 Days for a personal attack.
            I don't know wmon I attacked no other Hubbers could tell me either.
            I then opened acccounts with the same name, showing total transperancy, and they got banned too.
            So the ban was extended for 30 days.
            So to all intensive purposes I am banned for nothing for ever it seems.
            I am unrepentant, and always will be. I have done nothing wrong. Just take a gander at the Religious and political pages. hubpages is rascist as well. Don't like New zealanders, prob because we won't let their nuclear ships in our Ports,, not seriously but the whole banning thing is just about as stupid as that.

1. aguasilver profile image71
              aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

....on the other hand, rules is rules and as a result, some normal and civilized discussion may be possible.... notice a distinct lack of LOLOLOLOL and smiley replys these last hours, and folk are communicating in a civilised fashion...

Sure I miss some of the banned and their banter, but also like the order of the forum right now.

Sock puppets are a pain in the rear end, and in my opinion, posting should be contained to people who have (say) posted 10 hubs and been on board for at least a week, with (say) as many followers as they have hubs in that time.

Then we would have some quality control.

John

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

Nyliram, are you an idiot?  You got banned for three days so you opened another account.  That's against the rules for obvious reasons - what's the point of banning anyone if they can get around it by opening a new account?  How can you say "I've done nothing wrong" when you clearly have?

If you do that, the ban is automatically extended, regardless of what you posted. HubPages can't afford to be lenient about that - they have to make their bans stick, or they lose their effectivness.

You may feel you were wrongly banned the first time, but the right way to deal with that was to email HubPages - and let's face it, by the time it was sorted out, you'd have been back on air anyway.  So you have only yourself to blame - and if you're here under another sock puppet while your original ID is still banned, you're riding for a major fall - possibly even a permanent ban.

She is mandybeau, she loves to stir up trouble.

19. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

who started all the bans?  and how did it happen?

20. efeguy profile image39
          efeguyposted 14 years ago

why do you want to ban yourself?

it simple,disobey the rules in hub page and you we be ban.

21. profile image0
          blatvaposted 14 years ago

I heard there were nachos in here >.>

22. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Good morning smile Haven't had my coffee yet...

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
            Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://londonist.com/attachments/c-line/tina%20coffee%20and%20cupcake1.jpg

Ooh, that looks much better than my instant coffee smile And it reminded me to eat breakfast...

I have a rotten, stinking head cold and it's -7 out and I have to go get a prescription renewed.

1. profile image0

sad hope you feel better soon. I have a nasty throat head cough crap thingy too. No fun. AND its -15F or so, with wind here... I feel for you. Thanks for the yummy muffins Ron!!!!!

2. profile image0

omgsh....it is 44 degrees here and i thought that was cold sad

i hope you feel better. if they have any Thai soup in an envelope there, get some - it's got magic properties.

1. profile image0

and Yogi Detox tea, and a hot bath..  smile

2. aguasilver profile image71

Gosh, I feel better already, it's 21º C here (about 70ºF) and with a warm sunny breeze hitting us from Africa!

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So.. that means you have to give several pints of blood to scrape up some cash and.....

Oops, I forgot, you live in a civilized country.

Belated Boxing Day greetings smile

23. TMMason profile image60
          TMMasonposted 14 years ago

You know to blame anyone other than yourself for the things YOU DO and YOU SAY is just another liberal mantra.

Grow up all you, who can do nothing but blame others.

If you WRITE IT, you OWN IT.

I have never reported anyone, because the ones who got banned were doing enough to dig their own graves.

And I am sure Jerami or anyone else you try to blame is not at fault for what they or you wrote either.

Besides, their towering intellects were shown for the horse manure, they were.

That was easy, just debate them a time or two.

That seemed to me to be, Common knowledge.

You,(and you know, who you are), you people who cannot support an issue, with any sort of logic or evidence, act like children in a hissy fit when you loose a debate.

And Then it is everyone elses fault, that some of you get in trouble.

LOLOLOL Amazing. The whimpering I hear.

YOU WRITE IT, YOU OWN IT!

If you can't control yourself then grow up.

Don't blame others because all you can do is insult people and swear. Thinking somehow that wins the debate.

IT DOES NOT!!!!

Whimperers.

1. profile image0

big_smile i honestly can't improve on that.

2. TMMason profile image60
            TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know to blame anyone other than yourself for the things YOU DO and YOU SAY is just another MODERN DAY mantra. NO Individual responsibilty today.

Grow up all you, who can do nothing but blame others.

If you WRITE IT, you OWN IT.

I have never reported anyone, because the ones who got banned were doing enough to dig their own graves.

And I am sure Jerami or anyone else you try to blame is not at fault for what they or you wrote either.

Besides, their towering intellects were shown for the horse manure, they were.

That was easy, just debate them a time or two.

That seemed to me to be, Common knowledge.

You,(and you know, who you are), you people who cannot support an issue, with any sort of logic or evidence, act like children in a hissy fit when you loose a debate.

And Then it is everyone elses fault, that some of you get in trouble.

LOLOLOL Amazing. The whimpering I hear.

YOU WRITE IT, YOU OWN IT!

If you can't control yourself then grow up.

Don't blame others because all you can do is insult people and swear. Thinking somehow that wins the debate.

IT DOES NOT!!!!

Whimperers.

Fine I ammend my statement... thank you for the correction. I agree, everyone has their whiners. Sorry for the offense. I did not mean to generalize, but the ones who were involved in my debates were liberals.

But again. I apologize for generalizing.

1. profile image0

peace out girl scouts...

24. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Not everything comes down to liberal vs conservative. And if you must bring it down to that level when you talk about whimpering for being banned...some of the most conservative members have whined the loudest... and always blame HubPages for taking sides and say it is all a political conspiracy...

1. profile image0

the same people who blame others for their own self-inflicted drama are the same paranoid types of people who believe everyone is "out to get them". how self-absorbed can you get? the reality is, the same people allegedly conspiring against them don't even give them a second thought.

people are getting kind of weird in here. i notice they seem to flock together too.

oh well, whatever...

just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someones not out to get me!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zgRVns69m3Y/SHAucis779I/AAAAAAAAAEs/4TtzSdvRZd4/S220/200px-Homer_Simpson_2006.png

1. TMMason profile image60

I agree, and a lil paranoia is healthy for ya.

2. profile image0

lol  lol  lol  lol

25. profile image0
          ralwusposted 14 years ago

This crap is still going on? Big deal. People know the rules, both sides do, I think anyway. Why can't we just leave it alone? Just remember their are trolls here that bait people to anger, ignore the little butt sniffing trolls. And if you get into a debate and feel agitated, leave for a bit, no harm in that. A house divided soon shall fall.

1. TMMason profile image60

Very wise.

2. profile image0

oh but ralwus, leaving is sooo hard!! lol
            how are ya?

ralwus is right, and if we got rid of all the sock puppets and trolls, the forums would be much better...

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79

And don't let them goad you back into a debate by insinuating that you are a coward for leaving and gloating that they "won".

Agreed, when that happens throw them a swift image...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_X6OFAd638Us/SRG3I2CIBDI/AAAAAAAAAZM/9ovwBTzcHXE/s400/Smiley+face+1.jpg

2. profile image0

that's easier said than done. some people come out of left field and then you go "whaaat?". i ignore a lot of stuff but sometimes it's hard, especially when you don't even know that person or never said anything mean to them. then before you know it, they got their little buddies to got their back and soon you have an angry mob with flaming torches following you around. pretty weird all right.

1. profile image0

sad
                its so hard typing sometimes. so many people, so many backgrounds...I genuinely hope you know that nothing I have ever said was about you?
                the past two days it seems you and I are at opposite ends of things. I have been trying to say that I agree with you wholeheartedly.
                but every time I try to clarify a statement, the thread is closed!!!! so, cosette, I think your an awesome individual. truly big hearted and genuinely friendly. Kind caring and generous.  You dont put up with crap or like to see others put up with it. Have a nice new year, you and your kiddo.  smile

1. profile image0

moi? 

really? oh noes, why would you think that? wow, seriously, i never felt that at all. i hope i haven't said anything to contribute to that feeling because you haven't said anything to make me think you were talking about me. if i did. i would be very specific and leave no room for doubt, believe me wink

i am having a Simpsons marathon on New Year's Eve, and this gave me a fun idea ... i'm going to make pink donuts. woo hoo start the new year off right! wink

1. profile image0

k.
                    I just wanted to be clear.
                    you didnt do anything.
                    seriosuly, it must have been bad timing for me. I swear to god, nearly every thread I was on last night got closed or deleted before I could finish what I was saying.
                    I honestly didnt know if anything you said was about me, or soemone else, becuase there were alot of others involved...but I wanted to take a chance..just in case...it was me. I truly respect you, and in the tiny chance I had said something earlier to offend, I only wanted to clarify. wink
                    this is silly isnt it?
                    "did I upset you?"
                    "no..sorry...it was my fault"
                    "no no I uspet you"
                    "no you didnt, it was all me.."
                    ha.  smile
                    so, its all good. have a great time, Ive got to get going.

1. profile image0

these threads are being locked right and left. Ryan's just got locked, just as i was about to get to the bottom of some of this BS floating around here.

i think the HubTeam is trying to send a message to its members and that is why they are nipping these in the bud, so to speak. i don't think there is some covert deranged hubber skulking around clicking the report button. blecch...a lot of misunderstandings would be cleared up if people just said 'hells yeah i'm talking about YOU'.

(for the record, this post is not talking about you or alluding to you in any way. see you later tater wink

1. profile image0

precisely.
                        hang tough, have good one.  wink

26. profile image0

that sounds like heaven...

Hi cosette, it is heaven, or would be if there was any cash left in our country! as it is we have built a boom economy based upon building vacation property second homes in the sun..... whoops!

Still I've been here 25 years now, so I know how to survive during droughts, financial and water!

27. profile image0
          ralwusposted 14 years ago

Right on UW. If you tempt a squirrel with a nut, prepare for a bite.

28. Will Apse profile image90
          Will Apseposted 14 years ago

You can learn a lot from trolls- about yourself, about other people. Its a nasty variation on the Socratic method. They pay out the rope and people show you their unresolved issues.

In fact, Trolls should be applauded for their therapeutic value. They get people to deal with the things that most torment them.

On the other hand, trolls are not good at resolutions and have no interest in anyones well being. Bad creatures...

29. TMMason profile image60
          TMMasonposted 14 years ago

I am sorry to start anything again peeps.

I just got a lil sick of hearing them blame me and others, for there own short comings and downfalls.

I sat here two days quietly.

I do get irratated. I am not a perfect person, just human like everyone else ,and I would want someone else to defend their name also.

But sorry.

I was not trying to troll or start anything up again.

Just state a fact.

I will leave it at that.

30. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 14 years ago

I have recieved e-mails from a few and they are taking it quite well, the figure that they can read and write hubs while being banned from the forums so nobody appears to be really upset over the bans, but they will be happy to come back and none of them want to be banned again, they are all o.k. smile

31. motricio profile image67
          motricioposted 14 years ago

Still with the Banning issue? neutral

32. profile image0

smile

well i have work to do so i best get going. i shudder to think what will be waiting when i get back. ((Justine))

1. profile image0

have a good one.

33. wsp2469 profile image59
          wsp2469posted 14 years ago

Think what you want but it is absolutely true that if you cross a line--intentionally or unintentionally--it only takes ONE person to start sh*t for you.
          Yes, we need to own up to our actions but don't think ONE person cannot hurt you if you have somehow broken some rule that a lot of us never bothered to read.
          I went for almost half a year breaking rules I never read/rules that were too generalized to be of any help before Hubpages noticed me.  WHY did they notice me when they did?  because someone pointed the finger.
          No finger-pointing--no flaggings and no bannings--unless of course you have MY luck and someone from HP sees you anyway-lol!
          I have learned to ask specific questions about the limits and this has been working quite well for me lately!

Well, thank goodness they did, wsp.  I seem to recall some of the things you did breached the Adsense TOS.  If no one did anything about it, you could have lost HubPages access to Adsense and we'd all be a lot poorer.

2. profile image0

paranoid much?

do yourself, and the rest of this community a favor and post PROOF of your vague, erroneous assumptions, okedokee? thanks! smile

1. starme77 profile image77
              starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well said smile

How could calling me paranoid be "well said"?
                It is a simple fact of hub pages.  If you break a rule--intentionally or otherwise--and someone flags your hub or turns you in then you get busted.  All you had to do was watch the number of my hubs go up and down and notice my score go from 89 to 59 and there was the proof.
                No need to kill the messenger.  If you break and rule and admin. does NOT notice BUT someone who wants to piss you off reports you then they have no choice but to bust you . . . and they will.

2. wsp2469 profile image59

I have no idea why you are attacking me personally.  What I said is true.  If you break rule and someone does not like yo then all they have to do is flag your hub or report you to admin and you are busted.  That is ALL I am saying.

34. caravalhophoto profile image60
          caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

About a month back Sneako and myself got into a discusion regarding same sex marriage, we both had things to say and we had an excellent debate going, although things were said, punctuation not used properly, who the heck knows...unknown to me, Sneako got reported and given a 3 day ban.

Here is what I think is wonderful about that whole situation...Sneako emailed me and asked why I reported him.  Again, being a suprise to me and not knowing that I could report someone...(never noticed the button)I was very taken back but what he was speaking about...we talked out the situation and I have a great new friend on hubpages...we agree to disagree about issues, a misunderstanding on his end and a learning experience for me...(I know now about the button).

I do not know who reported the thread but bad blood could of festered between me and Sneako and instead a friendship came about...fans of each other in more than the way of Hubs, respect for each others opinions.

Let's hope that who ever reported these wonderful writers with opinions...they get the balls to let the other know why and who knows, maybe the culprit will see that everyone is entitled to an opinion even if they disagree with it.

smile Cheer up Kimberly...Have a Happy New Year Darlin smile

35. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I repeat:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv138/Kairouseki/beating_a_dead_horse1.gif

36. blue dog profile image61
          blue dogposted 14 years ago

i've been banging my head against the wall while looking for my missing horse. 

then i come in here and see this.  it's more than i can take.

1. profile image0

http://i49.tinypic.com/s4c1fq.gif
            just relax allll your muscles and pretend your neck is a warrrm piece of asparagus wink

oh, heh. he was chomping at his cage goin' crazy from this tomfoolery, so i just had to let him out big_smile

37. frogdropping profile image76
          frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Well Christ on a cartoon, haven't I missed a whole boat-load of shenanigans.

That's what happens when Christmas puts in an appearance and you then spend a couple of days buggering about on the European continent.

To lyric - I hope you feel much cheered up smile

To absent Hubbers - whatever your crimes and misdemeanors - I hope you have a fabulous New Year and come back all singing, all dancing. And slightly hungover tongue

And to everyone else ... UW is making a very valid point. Now get with the program (or flogged dead hoss) - and have a fab New Year ye'selves big_smile

38. profile image0

haha smile

i also like "Christ on a cracker".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)