Farewell For Now

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (58 posts)
  1. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Well this may be my last post here for awhile.
    I have been fighting foreclosure since November of 2009, and today we finally ran out of options.
    So, as much as I love HP and the people here, other priorities are going to take the front seat.
    I may drop in from time to time, but I don't see me as having much time to really work on, or being able to focus on writing right now.
    Right now my main concern is not being homeless, taking care of everyone and keeping my sanity.
    I came to this house after I was born, lived here till I got married and came back here when my marriage crumbled.
    My father passed away in this house, and my mother spent the last few weeks of her life here.
    Letting go isn't easy, but the Bank took that burden off me.
    As soon as I figure out what I'm gonna do, I'll be back here.
    So everyone hold down the fort.
    Like I said, I'll probably pop in now and then to check stuff, but no new Hubs till something changes.
    Right now my hands are shaking so hard it's hard to type, so I'll end this here. 

Take care of each other,
    Sabre

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you take care and be strong, you are a strong woman, HUGS sabre!

2. seanorjohn profile image72
      seanorjohnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good luck. The banks are so ruthless.You can re-group and turn things around.Hopefully you will be paying less in rent than your mortgage and eventually save enough to put down a big deposit.Stay positve and things can only improve.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So sorry to hear of your troubles. It's hard leaving a place you love, especially when it's not your choice.  At least your Hubs will still be here waiting for you when you get back - along with a nice chunk of Adsense earnings to help you on your way, I hope!

4. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry to hear about difficulties which u r facing in ur life..also good luck to you...

5. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OMG.. This is tragic!  No wonder you have been working soooo hard!  It hasnt gone unnoticed, you know!  I am really sorry hear that this has happened to you.  Really I am!  Given two years ago, things would have been different.  It seems that you are victim of the bloody bankers!  I am really sorry ... really I am.

Good luck - my thoughts are with you for a break in life x

2. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 13 years ago

I understand what your going through (I lost my place after being laid off), but just understand that people are always there for you. It took me a few months at least after all that happened to get my bearings again. Now I just live each day to the best that I can, and I can hope you do the same.

As strange as it sounds, I relax my frustration by doing stuff online (ie, Hubpages), otherwise I would go nuts! Also it makes me feel productive while I face this ordeal that I'm going through as well, which sounds similar to yours.

We'll get through it, just hang in there smile

sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, you may be right.
      I may try to do some Hubs and Blogs in my "down time" between now and when we have to be out of here at the end of May.

1. Origin profile image61
        Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just keep trucking and stay positive no matter the issue, it's the best that you can do. smile

3. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

Good luck for both of you !

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I just helped friends move this past weekend who went through foreclosure. I'm so sorry this is happening, Sabre. Sending kindest and best to you and yours. Please let us know how you're doing.

5. Buck Steiner profile image57
    Buck Steinerposted 13 years ago

Ive made and lost several fortunes just keep plugging away and don't give up!

It'll get better, I guarantee it.

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Truer words were never spoke.

Yes, hang in there. It looks bleak now but usually the end of one thing brings something even better. Been there a few times myself.

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

there's a way up when you feel so down. expect another door to open. it will, things will get better.
    the sun still shines behind the clouds. {{hugs}}  we will miss you!

7. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 13 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through.  Our family was deeply affected by the economy when my husband's job was outsourced.  I didn't lose my house, so I can only take a stab at how devastating that must be.  To add some optimism, things have gotten better for us, husband got a new job, and slowly things are turning around.  I know it's not a great consolation, but everything is temporary.  My thoughts are with you.  Keep us posted here and there on how things are going, should you find the time and inspiration.  Sorry to see you go, Sabre.

8. PackSecure profile image60
    PackSecureposted 13 years ago

I am sorry to hear about your foreclosure.

Good Luck and hang in there.

What is the status on that "Right to Rent Bill"?

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Sabre, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

10. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 13 years ago

Many ghosts in that house for you...hope things can only get better now.:]

11. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Good luck - and come back here, we'll miss you smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's sad, but you have to be strong and don't go away from Hubs! Keep writing, write about your new experiences and new place, about everything. We all have good times and bad ones, let's hope for the best. In 1994 we had to sell our home before we could lose it. I will never forget the last hour in my home. My oldest son was sitting on the floor with his friend. I came to him and said: time to go, hurry up. And he looked at me and said: can I stay for another week here? Please!
      It was like somebody just stabbed me in my chest, I could not breathe for a moment, and then I said: no, you can't!  I still remember that. You feel guilty and responsible, and shame for being weak and poor. But it's all just part of life and you have to go on and work for a better life. because it's your life and no one can live it for you. Best of luck, you'll need it.

12. sabrebIade profile image80

Thank you all.
    I am going to keep posting for as long as I can.
    At some point I will have to stop though.

13. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about this.
    Do take care. My thoughts are with you.
    ((Hugs))

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

So sorry to hear about this Sabre. More power to you.
    You said your hands are shaking so at least I know you're not in denial! smile
    This will be a tough one, so gathering your resources together, (family and friends) come up with a new direction.
    Is there anything your friends here on hubpages can do to help?

Apart from buying you another house or giving you the money you need, maybe there is someone here who can offer help in your area with ideas for work etc.

15. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 13 years ago

Like everyone here, I'm saddened that you're traveling a rough road right now. This is part of a journey, however, not the destination.

I'm sure that you'll emerge intact and stronger than ever.

Maybe you can keep a written or video record of your thoughts and feelings during this time and share it later (marketed for $, of course).

Stay strong and best wishes.

16. Mike Lickteig profile image75
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

Sabre, I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles.  Sometimes it is easy to forget that behind our avatars we are really people living life and trying to get by.  I hope the best for you, and I encourage you to stop in from time to time as a means of forgeting about things for awhile.

Take good care of yourself, my friend.  We will be waiting for your return.

17. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

So sorry to hear what you're going through Sabre! You'll be in my thoughts. Things always have a working out, but I know it's incredibly difficult to find that glimmer right now. 

Take care of yourself and stop by as often as you can.

18. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

We have a saying here in south Georgia.  "Root hog or die pore."  In other words, don't give in to despair.  Things can be much worse than they are. 

Wishing you the best, Sabreblade.

19. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

So sorry to hear yet one more story like yours in this time we live in.    I've known a couple of people who have been through similar "stories".  I guess all you can do is be glad for any good health people in your family have (especially if you have healthy children); and keep in mind that no matter how rotten a thing this is, people do get through this kind of stuff when all is said and done.  Stay strong and keep your perspective.  Maybe, too - think of how your parents wouldn't want you to get so stressed out over "a building" your health could suffer.

20. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

I'm sorry that you are in trying times now.  Never lose hope and always believe in yourself.  You'll be in my thoughts.  Take care, and keep your eye open for the other door opening.  Come back often; you're going to be missed!

21. sabrebIade profile image80

Again, thank you all for your good wishes.
    I'm gonna keep going as long as I can here.
    At first I was going to just quit for now, but everyone's words of encouragement have made me decide to do as much as I can before I have to "go dark" here.
    The bank was nice enough to extend us leaving till the end of the month (it was the 18th before) , which gives me some more breathing room.
    And they will actually be paying us to be out on the 31st.
    Seems a lot of people now are trashing their houses on the way out, so the money is an incentive not to do that.
    We have a few living options now that we are exploring so that's good.
    I guess now is a great time for me to review my own " manifesting" Hubs....LOL
    If you're gonna talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk right?

But I want all of you to know how much your comments have meant to me.
    The fact that all of you took time to stop by the thread, and give me encouragement and ideas means more to me than you know.

22. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Sabre, I'm sorry to hear about your home & the situation. I'm glad you'll be able to stay until the end of the month.  As my Mom use to say, when a door closes a window opens.  My thoughts are with you.

23. suziecat7 profile image77
    suziecat7posted 13 years ago

So sorry for what you are going through. Sometimes God picks you up from the road you're on and drops you on a new one. Sending good wishes your way.

24. sabrebIade profile image80

Well I stayed as long as I could, but we have the moving van outside and we are loading up.
    (Origin was right, it was better to stay online.)
    So tomorrow we'll shutdown the computers last thing, load em up and we're outta here.
    Where to?
    Frightening as it is, still don't know.
    So I guess tomorrow we officially join the ranks of the homeless.
    Kinda weird to say that.
    Really, if I had no responsibilities, this would kinda be a grand adventure for us.
    If I were 18 or 20 it'd be great.
    But when others are depending on you, it kinda takes the fun out of it.

"I came through and I shall return"
    Douglas MacArthur

1. Faybe Bay profile image66
      Faybe Bayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know where you are or where your from, even where you're going. I wish I'd known sooner about this. Where I live there are a number of trailer, or mobile home parks, actually giving away handy man specials for free. The lot rent is reasonable, and the deal is you fix it up while you're there. If you land on your feet, and it's still not good enough to sell, you give it away to someone else, or back to them so they can find another needy party. You might see if there is anything like that going in your area.

In the meantime you can carry on your on line life at the library. The internet is free there.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh my...I missed this when it was originally posted. I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times. I only wish I knew anything better in the world to tell you. Please take care and keep your chin up! Please try to keep us updated and let us know how you are.

If I had a home, I'd offer it up to you - but my situation is perilously close to yours (as far as being homeless). You have my thoughts and prayers.

25. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Courage, Sabreblade, and I hope that we hear from you soon with news that you are settled

26. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Good luck to you!

27. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Good Luck Sabre.

28. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Good Luck!

Life takes it's twists and turns, but it always trns out for teh best!

29. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Sorry to hear of your troubles but here's to hoping everything improves for you quickly. smile

30. Enlydia Listener profile image61
    Enlydia Listenerposted 13 years ago

sorry about losing your home...we lost ours last year (even wrote a hub about it)...it turned out to be a good thing for us...hope it will be for you also.  blessings

31. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

wow...life...it'll turn around for you; hard to see it now i'm sure...and i'm sure it's good to know that people are rooting for you when it all seems unreal..and unfair; keep reaching out; 'cause something has to give way...and it will!

32. sabrebIade profile image80

Well here I am.....
    I am now a Yankee!
    LOL
    Yes I am somewhere in PA now.
    We had an offer to stay with some friends.
    They have a fully finished basement,(about 13,000 square feet), internet, TV and it's a place to stay till we can get back on our feet.
    And we did get to keep four of our rescues.
    I absolutely LOVE the area as we have mountains to our right that we can see from the yard.
    I'll write more after we get settled in.
    Thanks for every ones well wishes.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is great news...I hear PA is a great place to live smile

33. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

YAY! Sabre. Great to see you! smile

34. Mike Lickteig profile image75
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

Sabre, it's so great to have you back!!!!  I hope you enjoy the mountains!

35. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Sabre I am from Pa. where in Pa, did you relocate to?

On the outskirts of Union Town

36. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Nice area you are right beautiful country. I am glad you found your way north.
    I am about 180 miles due east of you.

Yes I am loving it so far.
      It was 71 here today and 93 back home...LOL

37. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

our weather just broke we were about 90 al week till today.

38. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Hi Sabre - I have been away for a week or so and missed this - good luck in your new direction, you have every good chance of finding a happy new path - you appear to have good friends and and an open outlook, and you are in a beautiful place.  Having been through similar I would advise you to consider what you might have been doing wrong to get you there - and open up your mind to all the fantastic possibilities in front of you. Best of luck and good fortune smile

39. Derek D profile image60
    Derek Dposted 13 years ago

Sorry for your misfortune.............
    I hope brighter days are ahead for you.
    I wish you the very best !!!!!!!!! cool

40. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

This is such sad news and I wish you the best, keep your head up and remember things will get better, sorry to hear of your loss.

41. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Was sad to read your first post. Somehow I missed seeing that. But I'm glad you have some good news after a couple of weeks. Hope things will continue to look up for you. Good luck!

42. Nady profile image69
    Nadyposted 13 years ago

sorry for your loss Sabre. Stay strong for your parents. Hope things will pick up and get better. The best of luck to you.

43. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I missed this thread too, but I'm very happy to get to read it now as more a story of triumph in progress than what it seemed at first it might be.

I'm glad to hear you are mining the silver edges of your dark cloud.  That speaks volumes about your character.  Admirable to say the very least.

44. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Sabreblade, I saw your thread when you first wrote it.  It's good to see you've probably gotten through the roughest part of that whole experience.   My late in-laws lived in PA, and I always loved visiting and seeing mountains all around.  As you've seen, there can be "views" from plain, old, backyards and places like shopping centers.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)