jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

just soooo incredibly confusing!

1. Bethers54 profile image51
    Bethers54posted 9 years ago

soooo i dont get this website at all... just saying props to all you people who score 100, even though i dont even know what that means!

2. thranax profile image29
    thranaxposted 9 years ago

What exactly don't you understand lol? I'd love to help explain it to you, or almost anyone else on these forums would but you need to ask a question and not just give such a general description smile

3. Bethers54 profile image51

maybe i am just to addicted to my myspace to realize how to do anything else on here, but i dont understand any of it. what are the scores? what is this adsense stuff? where do the blogs show up... this is in no way simple to me.... i have never felt like i didnt know what i was doing on the computer!!!!

4. Whitney05 profile image60
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Once you get the hand of it, it's really not that hard.

Check out the FAQ and the sticky for more basic info.

Adsense are the google ads that you see, you get the revenue from clicks. You id is shown 60% of the time in the coding, which means during that time you get the revenue.

Your earn a percent of the sales with ebay and amazon, and you get revenue per click with kontera and adsense. For all the affiliates, your ID will be shown 60% of the time.

This isn't a blog; it's a place to write helpful informative stuff, whether that be reviews (books, movies, cd's, etc) how to's, advice, whatever...

Each hub gets it's own url.

Check out the FAQ and sticky, as that should explain things a little more.

5. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 9 years ago

HubPages isn't really a very good blogging platform (nor is it intended as such), it's more like a place to post articles and essays on subjects that interest you.

To learn more about scores and such subjects, I highly recommend you check out darkside's hubs, as well as the hubs linked here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/4668

6. thranax profile image29
    thranaxposted 9 years ago

I read your first Hub, that is the type of thing that should be in your profile. Hubpages isn't a blogging site, you can make a blog on say blogger.com then link to it in your profile. The Hubs themselves are for as like Whitney said, articles or essays. There used to help people or make them entertained or to review something. You may check out my hubs Here. Clearly there about products, or services. Hubpages is better described as a site to publish "Guides and News articles." Some do reviews, some do gallery's, anything is basically allowed as long as it doesn't break Hubpages rules. So something like "How to paint a barn" or "Girlfriend tips, how to make her like you" are examples of what would be here. There should be about 300-400 at least words of original content per Hub (unless its a photo gallery, you may have less words). That is just the suggestion, many people go way above and beyond,

Hubpages isn't even close to myspace. Its a platform that allows people who write about things or take picture of things display there works and earn money for them.

7. Bethers54 profile image51

Thanks! i will be doing some research!

8. DJ Funktual profile image85
    DJ Funktualposted 9 years ago

What i think is so funny about your thread is that I ONLY survive here because it is so simple.  I have no clue on myspace.  I have zero idea what I'm doing over there.  I've sat down with it like 6 different times and said, "I can do this.  I can do HubPages, I can do this. 

Then the last few hairs on my head start falling like the rain.   smile 

I have no wallpaper, can't sell or hear my MixTapes, just an utter buffoon.
    I can't even send you URL to laugh at it because I forgot what it was. LOL.

Good Luck.

9. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Ignore the scores. Just write something that's worth reading.

The bonus being that you can make money from it. Unlike Myspace which make millions for Rupert Murdoch.

10. DJ Funktual profile image85
    DJ Funktualposted 9 years ago

Ooooooo.  I didn't know he owned that.   Death to myspace!

11. Bethers54 profile image51

i thought it was Tom!

12. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Murdoch bought it 3 years ago.

For $580 million.

working