Do you like the new 'my account' page?

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (63 posts)
  1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Don't know why, but I prefer the older one. Maybe I'll get used to this new one.
    I hardly see any change on HP that I don't like so got to ask others if they like this or not?

1. Enni82 profile image60
      Enni82posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So far I like to the one better as well!

2. Taleb80 profile image80
      Taleb80posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.
      especially that statistics it is narrower than before and you have to scroll down a lot.
      But I liked adding Questions I follow.

2. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I do like it, but the smaller tables make it a little harder to parse hub info.  I think having a cleaner navigation is more important but it is a bit of an eye strain when looking at specific numbers for hubs.

1. profile image0
      zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.
      I had a look at the code and the tag is <table>.
      They could have done it proportional to the navigator window's width.
      Just a small touch but a big effect.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Checked it again. Why is it hurting my eyes? Especially the left navigation column.

1. KevCC profile image72
      KevCCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No

Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're saying that you don't like it?

1. KevCC profile image72
          KevCCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes

1. G Miah profile image77
            G Miahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No

4. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

I am finding the new page slower to use as the amount of scrolling down needed to view all the hubs.

The older version worked well even if I viewed it in a larger size 'typeface' (as in left my reading glasses upstairs).  Maybe anyone who needs to view it with the type enlarged because of difficulty reading on screen type might not find it as easy as the old style account page to view.

1. barryrutherford profile image74
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a good time to create groups. Trust me I have found creating groups very worthwhile.

5. Tinsky profile image91
    Tinskyposted 13 years ago

I like it!

6. G Miah profile image77
    G Miahposted 13 years ago

I actually like it becaus eit's bigger and layed out better.

I think the Hubpages team have changed it to suit the Ipad and Iphones and android devices more so it's suitable for easier navigation.

Any else think that?

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

when we make sites they can show different versions based on the browser that is accessing the site - so there is never a reason to make the "site" mobile friendly at the deficit of a normal browser, you simply serve a different version to those visitors

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

G Miah, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted it to look better on Facebook. But I run a serious business from a laptop most days. Mobile devices just aren't suited to the kind of research, analysis and writing that I have to do - AND DO QUICKLY.

I hope they haven't decided that mobile devices are more important than the stuff that we actually do our work on. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a cool factor attached to the change, but it doesn't work as well. At the end of the day that's all I'm interested in.

HP can always allow us to opt the older version. Would be great if one can choose between the two.

1. profile image0
        BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the sooner the better smile

Especially when most people on this thread seem to hate the new version.

8. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 13 years ago

Yes. the new one is better than the old one and attractive also..

9. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Not too much!  I would rather HP make it easier to check when our affiliate codes, or those of HP, are being applied to our hubs.  You know, instead of having to check each hub every hour by manually checking the ads.  Perhaps an indicator on each listed hub on our account listing.

It also seems as if those hubs with rising traffic have the HP code on them most of the time, but this could just be my experience.  The stats on those also seem to be missing many of the link sources.

10. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

I like the look, but looks aren't everything. It should be practical for its users.
    I'd agree with others who say the columns are too narrow. I'd have thought they'd also have considered those with many Hubs, who already found a lot of scrolling inconvenient. As Sunforged says, different versions for different devices would be a good idea and, in general, the new version is not easy to navigate, at least not as easy as the old version.
    Apparently, there'll be a second round of changes, so let's hope these issues are sorted out.

11. humagaia profile image59
    humagaiaposted 13 years ago

I have lost the '7 days views' column. Yesterday the 7 days was there. I would rather lose the slideshow views columns than the 7 days. Yesterday the slideshow views were missing and the 7 days column was there.
    Anyone know how I can get the 7 days column back.
    I wish HP would leave well alone - the old version was perfectly adequate for all my purposes.
    And what have they done to the Home page?
    The new standard style is OK BUT I customized my homepage and all the widgets are now disabled - more frustration as the widgets I set up were to enable me to check certain hubs on a regular basis whilst analysing backlinking strategies - please, please, please HP STOP changing things that are not broken - and give me back my customized homepage.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

please, please, please HP STOP changing things that are not broken.

^ This

12. profile image0

Humagaia, you have captured my angst well. I'm also am tired of having things fixed that aren't broken.

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I don't like it at all!

1. iamalegend profile image61
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

like it

2. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me either. Where is the "Hubers You Follow" link now?

1. camlo profile image85
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Under 'Activity'.

1. profile image56
          C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I figured that out, right after I posted....

14. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I don't like it. For one, the visual weight is all on the left so they forgot to consider aesthetics when they built it (that is probably why it's hurting your eyes, whoever asked that). In addition, I actually have LESS information on my screen in a glance than I used to, which is disappointing.

However, I can only assume they've done this for a reason, as HP has usually always had a plan, so I'm waiting to discover what it is. I confess to not using 98% of the tracking/monetizing stuff they have here, so I'm sure it has to do with more of that.

1. Bronson_Hub profile image60
      Bronson_Hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Visual weight on the left may cause us to lean over time, or at least feel like we're leaning to the left.  I do notice that I have my left leg crossed over my right leg when I look at the account page.

You've been a hubber for a while, Shades.  Which useful information pieces aren't there anymore?  I haven't had enough time to really acclimate to the settings page, yet.

15. K Kiss profile image59
    K Kissposted 13 years ago

I am not liking it at all...makes me want to come less on hubpages sad

16. GAbaptist profile image65
    GAbaptistposted 13 years ago

I don't really mind the layout, but some of the modules do not work for me. Under the "Earnings" tab, none of the hyperlinks to Adsense, Amazon, or anywhere seem to be working. Is anyone else have a problem with this?

17. PurpleOne profile image78
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

I don't like it at all. REALLY wish they'd go back to the old one.

18. profile image0

Perhaps ads - trying to sell hubbers stuff like "how to make more money online" - will appear eventually on the stats page. We become a captive audience at that point. It's really the only reason to condense everything and leave so much white space. No one else sees it.

1. Aya Katz profile image83
      Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who would gain from placing ads there? We've been trained by HP not to click on any ads.

19. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

I don't like it.

Now my hub titles are two and three lines deep.
    The 7 day stats being removed is not helpful.
    There's a lot of wasted space.
    I wish the number of comments column was not the first thing after hubscore. It throws me off when trying to look down my traffic columns.

20. lorlie6 profile image71
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I'm going to give it some time before I come to any conclusion.  Change is always a bit challenging.

21. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Put me down on the ugly and less useful side.

22. Charles James profile image67
    Charles Jamesposted 13 years ago

I do not understand the new layout. I cannot find "hubbers I follow" or "comments I made" - both of which I found useful.

I also cannot find my hubtivity.

The new layout needs rethinking.

23. She-rah profile image68
    She-rahposted 13 years ago

Don't like it! Can't find my trackers, STILL, anyone know where to find them??? Every time I learn something or become accustomed to it, I have to go back and relearn everything when it changes, takes me time, time I don't have, just to figure out how to navigate and search all over for various things...

1. She-rah profile image68
      She-rahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Found it! Been looking all over since last night!

24. Gina Coole profile image58
    Gina Cooleposted 13 years ago

Don't like at all - need more column space for the titles!

25. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Since the re-vamp, HP pages won't even fit on my puter screen. I have to scroll left and right to see an entire page. I don't know how to re-format.

1. Len Cannon profile image88
      Len Cannonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, what is your resolution at?  It has to be really low or you're using some a non-mobile webpage on mobile device.

If you are on a desktop computer, go to your PC's desktop, right click, hit personalize, and go to display settings. you should be able to change the resolution from there.

26. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

I guess I'll get used to it, but I found the old way much easier to quickly navigate.  So put me down in the "no" column.

27. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 13 years ago

yeah - put me down in the no column too - I can't find where fan mail is - I see comments - but not fan mail -  not nearly as user friendly sad

28. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

It's horrible- I want the old version back.
    Its too small and bunched up and I hope Hp will allow us to go back to the old version asap. I agree with Nellie why try and fix something that isn't broke. sad

29. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

Put me down as liking it  smile

1. The Donkey profile image60
      The Donkeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right there with you.

30. KarinaKate profile image58
    KarinaKateposted 13 years ago

UGH! I don't like this at all. Now to check my stats, I have to through this whole process of clicking on the category, instead of just getting a quick glance that will tell me all I need to know. With this new format, something quick and easy has become something laborious.

What was the point of this, anyway?

1. The Donkey profile image60
      The Donkeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if they'll start changing the interfaces all the time like Facebook does, hmm...

31. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 13 years ago

Awesome - the Hubbers, have turned.  Could this be our Cairo moment?  The start of a revolution?  What happened to our unquestioning loyalty? 

Actually, I don't like it either but its not often the Hub Team get things wrong! smile

32. The Donkey profile image60
    The Donkeyposted 13 years ago

I'm liking the new one!

1. snigdha.s profile image77
      snigdha.sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Any change takes time for acceptance ,but as of now the looks are very depressing and i feel there is something missing,maybe a personal touch.Doesn't look very interactive

33. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

It just changed again. Better than it was this morning. I withdraw my objection.

34. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

It's much better!

35. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 13 years ago

I still like the old one as the new one is slower, has more borders etc when it needs plain info only, harder to see all of the information on one screen (ie, lots of scrolling to see hub stats etc). Plus it's funny having the fan mail in a different place to the profile...I liked the old one because it was very simple and relayed the information very quickly. None of this black boxes stuff ; ) Still you can't blame anyone for trying something on to see if it fits!

36. K Kiss profile image59
    K Kissposted 13 years ago

it changed again to something better...so I guess I am alright with this one..

37. KristenGrace profile image59
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

I like the new one.  Doesn't bother me. smile

38. Bronson_Hub profile image60
    Bronson_Hubposted 13 years ago

Looks like a work in progress. Witholding judgment until next week, Sunday, 8pm.  Why that specific time?  Because that's an awesome music album by Faithless!

39. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

I don't like it at all- why change a winning formula. It sucks sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)