HubPages Ad Program

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 203 discussions (552 posts)
  1. danatheteacher profile image63
    danatheteacherposted 13 years ago

I'm excited about the possibilities!

2. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

I have paypal account ready and eagerly looking for invite from hubpages team.

3. safiq ali patel profile image67
    safiq ali patelposted 13 years ago

The new hub pages advertising programme has to be good news. I can't see anyone losing because the revenue form google adsense, from ebay and Amazon will continue too. If anything this new hub pages ad programme will utilize the vacant space on our hubs and help generate extra revenue.
    I've been a writer for a number of years. When I expressed an interest in wanting to write on-line most people said to start my own website. The cost was enormous and I didn't want the full responsibility of maintaining my own website. Plus reading work from just one author can bore people. So finding hub pages was really a dream come true. I'm glad that hub pages have decided to go ahead and launch their own advertising programme. It's good news for sure and will add to the already sound and supportive service writers get form the hub pages website and team. There are plenty of writers looking for the chance to earn real money from their publishing and for them this new advertising programme will be a dream come true. I really welcome this news. It's great. from Safiq.

4. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 13 years ago

Got my invite and would like to thank hubpages for it. I'm sure the new program will do really well.

1. Andrew0208 profile image57
      Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! I can see your smiles... big_smile big_smile

2. anujagarwal profile image55
      anujagarwalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

5. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 13 years ago

Koo-EL!
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4075971_f248.jpg

6. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 13 years ago

K thanks

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
      Just Ask Susanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

7. Purple Perl profile image50
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Just signed up! Thanks hubpages !

8. TPSicotte profile image75
    TPSicotteposted 13 years ago

I think it is a good idea. I am a little perturbed that even though "beta testers on HubPages who took the program for a spin in January and February saw a weighted average earnings increase of around 60%" they are only "kicking the program off with 500 invites, and hope to have the earnings option available to all Hubbers by June".

So even though the beta testers found it worked they are going to have a two tier system where only 500 invitees get to use the new ad program and the rest of us MAY get to use the new advertising program in June. So now Hubpages has an exclusive club for a few select members and the rest of us will have to wait. Am I the only one who thinks this is a little unfair?

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where did you read that you "MAY" get access in June? We've been very clear that EVERYONE will have access by then.

This is, by far, the biggest and most complex undertaking we've taken at HubPages, on many different levels (legal, technical, integration with 3rd parties, etc.). We want to make sure that at each stage we're able to accommodate all participating users and make sure it's bulletproof before we take on another batch of users.

Everyone's patience is appreciated.

1. TPSicotte profile image75
        TPSicotteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK well thanks for the clarification because the email wasn't that specific. It uses the phrase "hope to have the earnings option available to all Hubbers by June." To me 'hope' is a lot closer to 'may' than it is to a guarantee of access. But I am glad you responded quickly and I am sure your confirmation and explanation will be of help to other hubbers who may have had the same concern.

1. TahoeDoc profile image77
          TahoeDocposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Any amazing increase that happened was based on traffic before the algorithm change. It might still increase by the same amount (same percentage), but maybe not. Page views and ad clicks only happen if you are getting good traffic. This is why I keep reminding myself that I can be patient. Hopefully, traffic will pick back up and by then, hopefully I'll be 'in'.

I look forward to hearing stories from this first 'wave' to know what's realistic and reasonable to expect.

Happy hubbing and good luck to all!! smile

9. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Looks like a great new initiative. Way to go, HubPages!

10. saintodd profile image67
    saintoddposted 13 years ago

Looking forward to this. Thanks for the info and insight. Hubpages keeps getting better.

11. DaNoblest profile image61
    DaNoblestposted 13 years ago

I just want to say I really respect how you are taking time with the release of the ad program. I dont mind waiting for quality. Too often I have seen companies do rush jobs to release new content that ends up being a complete mess for the first few months. I also appreciate the effort Hub staff are taking to answer questions here.

12. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

This is a fantastic new program feature. To me this says the team at HubPages care enough about its writers to let them in on all the possibilities for earning money on each individual Hub. Well done HubPages and thank you.

13. BrianS profile image59
    BrianSposted 13 years ago

Looking forward to my invite onto the program, every little bit helps.

14. amy jane profile image70
    amy janeposted 13 years ago

Just want to say THANK YOU to HP for this program! I've been signed up for maybe 15 hours and I'm already seeing $$ in my account. I'm a very happy hubber! smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nice! big_smile

I just checked mine and was surprised to see $ already, I'm excited to begin writing more hubs.

Thanks again HP.

1. amy jane profile image70
        amy janeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's perfect timing, right? It will keep us from getting too depressed about the drop in traffic. A new opportunity always cheers me up! smile

15. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Great! The sign up process was very straight forward for this ad program and it's better if you already have a paypal account ready beforehand to sign up.

I had no problems with the sign up whatsoever and because I'm from the Uk all I had to was to confirm that I had no software and stuff residing in the U.S, easy as pie, so Cheers Hubpages earnings are starting to trickle in now!

16. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Just weighing in to join everyone else who has said they (we) appreciate this new program.  smile

17. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

The sign-up process was a breeze and the first impressions are very encouraging. A huge Thank You to the HubPages Team for being proactive and looking after the interests of hubbers. The fact that this program was in the works even before the Google thing happened shows how much the HP Team care for the community.

Am sure this would turn out to be an excellent addition to other affiliate programs. Much to look forward to for those who haven't got the invite yet. Trust me, it would be worth the wait smile

18. ProCW profile image80
    ProCWposted 13 years ago

Great job, HubPages! This is a fantastic idea! It's nice to wake up to a little extra cash! Checking my balance was one of the very FIRST things that I did this morning!

THANKS for the invite! smile

19. robie2 profile image77
    robie2posted 13 years ago

Thank you Hubpages for making us all your partners-- I too am already loving the new ad program.

Signed up last night and when I woke up this morning and checked my adsense, was already making money. I'm ready to hub my little heart out smile

20. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Got my invite and I'm seeing some earnings already. Just want to say thank you for the HP team. I honestly didn't think I'll be included in the first wave since I haven't really been actively writing for the past half year or so. And I was really excited when I received the email invite. It really made my day... no, my week! Thanks HP team!

21. rajan1311 profile image69
    rajan1311posted 13 years ago

wow seems like its doing awesome ! good job team HP !
    I hope I will get mine soon (hope within an year ! smile )

22. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 13 years ago

Oooh this is so exciting!  I've activated my account already! Yipppeeee....grateful to Hubpages. smile

23. Uzdawi profile image74
    Uzdawiposted 13 years ago

I hope I get mine before June!
    On the other hand, it is a small traffic boost to HubPages, because most now have the motivation to write more hubs, and they forget the Google algo change..

24. Ddraigcoch profile image74
    Ddraigcochposted 13 years ago

Fabulous. Always good to spread your income through different companies. Can not wait until I can test it.

25. Avamum profile image82
    Avamumposted 13 years ago

22 hours after receiving my email invite and signing up, I am pleased to see twenty-one cents in earnings in my account already! I checked a few of my hubs to see how the layout looks, and the new ads blend in well - not overwhelming or obtrusive. So far, so good.

26. hubber-2009 profile image57
    hubber-2009posted 13 years ago

where can I get my Invitation for Regn..?

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What happened to your hubs? You only have 1 hub now...

27. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

Thank you, HP. Activated yesterday and saw earnings this morning. The ads are very appealing. What a pleasure!

Question: Are the earnings I see on my HP ad account estimated or actual?

In your HubPages Ad Program reporting, there are some numbers - for the most recent day or so - that have an asterisk next to them, which means the numbers are unaudited so they are just estimates for the time being.

Those without the asterisk are actuals.

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
        Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Jason. Will you be inlcuding this info about estimated and actual in the "help" text appearing on the Hubber's HP Ad Program page, or is this info already somewhere else on the site?

It's right below the reporting at the bottom:

* unaudited earnings, value may change

I'm not seeing that Jason. The only thing below the reporting (Summary) is Date Range with its "submit" and "export as csv" options.

None of my numbers have an asterisk next to them. Perhaps that's why I don't see "* unaudited earnings, value may change"?

Did you choose a date range and run the report? Try "this month" as an option.

1. darkside profile image66
                darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Depending on what time the details have been put in will determine whether or not a person has missed out on getting the updated stats for the most recent day.

2. Sally's Trove profile image78

OK. I see what you mean. The Summary doesn't indicate whether earnings are actual or estimated. In order to find out which they are, you need to "submit". Thanks.

I must be the only one who didn't find that intuitively obvious. smile

I'll add it to the "help bubble" at the top. smile

smile

I searched the Learning Center for "HP ad program" and got this:

Your First Hub Pt. 3 – Using The HubTool

I know all things will come into place in time.

2. Andrew0208 profile image57

Good to see the community putting up passionate smiles. I can feel it. I hope to get my invite soon. Thank you.

28. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

As a Bangladeshi I can't legally have a PayPal account. Any alternative?

I'm afraid not. You must have a PayPal account in order to participate, since it is the only way we disburse earnings from the HubPages Ad Program.

29. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Am I correct that we earn in the HubPages Ad program by impressions and not by clicks? Is the HubPages Ad then not most beneficial to those who are drawing traffic (regardless of whether the hub subjects attract click-happy people)?

How exactly does it work?

The program runs several different ad sources with different revenue models. At the end of the day, you earn by quality traffic (much like AdSense and others).

30. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Jason,
    Sorry if this seems like a dumb question...
    My HP Account says "You are not currently elgible to enroll in the HubPages Ad Program".

Are there specific qualifying requirements or restrictions for the program (i.e. # of published hubs, time on site/length of membership, hub score, etc)

Thanks,
    James.

In the opening thread post Paul Deeds said that 500 invites have been sent out.

I am unsure of the exact criteria for selection, but if didn't get an invite via email or you're getting that message then I'd assume that you haven't (yet) been invited.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank You Darkside!
        James.

2. TerryGl profile image56
        TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Darkside for being the in-between guy. What would we do without you!!

31. profile image56
    valukposted 13 years ago

Can't wait till June I hope this will be available to everyone.

32. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Hi, thanks

Will we still be able to disable all advertising?

Sorry, but I have to ask  hmm:

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course!  All the basic things are the same - this is just another channel through which you can earn money.

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks

33. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 13 years ago

I received my invite yesterday and signed up late in the day. I checked my report this morning, not expecting anything. To my surprise I already had earnings. That shows a lot of promise for this new ad program since I just activated it late yesterday.

This had to be an enormous undertaking and it's clear that HP staff had to have been working on it long before the Google changes took place. You're always on the ball!

smile Thank you Thank you Thank you! smile

1. soni2006 profile image75
      soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also received my invite yesterday and signed up but still I am not able to see any earnings, even I don't have any page impressions. Might be possible that it will take more time to display.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that too. My first few hours Thursday night gave me 9 impressions and a few cents earnings. I thought that was great since I just activate it. But Friday was zero. I'm hoping it is simply that people go out Friday night and maybe less chance of hits. You activated yours on Friday. So let's see what happens after the weekend.

2. soni2006 profile image75
        soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay friends, today I am able to see my HP Ads program earnings for March 4, 2011. I am really thankful to hubpages to give us such good alternative in this time when overall traffic has been such low. It was the need of the time and HP has done it.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
          Glenn Stokposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that strange. I noticed that too. Yesterday I thought I didn't get earnings from Friday even though I did get something (although just pennies) from Thursday. And then today (Sunday) I see that I DID have something from Friday, but not from Saturday.

Okay, so what all this means is that the reports are probably two days behind even though it has a column titled "Yesterday".

1. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Delays in weekend reporting, Jason confirmed smile

2. Andrew0208 profile image57

Congrats Glenn! smile

34. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I signed up late last night and was also surprised to see earnings this morning.

A question, though, if anyone can answer it.  I have a second account on HP that does not appear to have been included in my sign up.  I had rather expected, without really considering it, that all accounts belonging to one person would be done at once.

I don't care at all, as my second account is far too new and too small to do any good, and it certainly seems the fairest way to get everyone signed up.  Nevertheless, can anyone verify that this is not a glitch that I need to look into?

It's on an account by account basis.

If your other account gets invited, you'll have to go through all the same steps as you did with this invite/account.

As did I.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Darkside.  I like that - it helps get everyone on board quicker - and I certainly don't mind waiting for the second account.  For all I care my second account can be the last existing account to get an invite - I've had my turn so let someone else in.

35. salt profile image59
    saltposted 13 years ago

Its listed on my earning page, yet it says that I cant access it, that Im not authorised!!!Lol, maybe one day!

1. Karanda profile image79
      Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too, Salt. We'll just have to wait for the e-mail invitation.

36. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

Thanks a lot for the HubPages Ad Program invite! I am happy to see earnings on the very first day itself... HubPages Team...U rock!

37. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 13 years ago

is there any provision to view the invitee's list?

1. profile image0

Why? What would that achieve? Everybody is in by June, I can't see the issue. Seeing the list of invitees isn't going to change that.

1. Madurai profile image57
        Maduraiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If already my name is that in Invitees list and missed to fill up the registration and can now provide my detail.. that;s all..

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I can't see the issue."

It seems like nobody who got an early invite can.  With lots of calls of, 'we're all in this together', and 'be patient', etc. coming from those already in.  Funny how that works. wink

1. Karanda profile image79
          Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mm, me thinks we think alike. lol

1. profile image0

And the same reply is applicable to you too.

1. TerryGl profile image56

Nice one

1. profile image0

Of course, you are drawing similarities between this program and Kontera, so you wouldn't have the slightest bit of interest in a thread titled "HubPages Ad Program" would you Terry?

2. Spacey Gracey profile image38
          Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not in, I'm being patient. Chill out.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57

Good for you.  Have a gold star.

http://clipart.peirceinternet.com/png/bullets/gold-star.png

3. profile image0

I was saying that before getting an invite, on this very thread in fact, if you care to peruse each of my posts on here you will see that. I didn't expect to get an invite, I don't know how the selection process worked, but I got one and of course I am happy with that. At the end of the day 99.75% or more of hubbers didn't get an invite, but they have pretty much been guarenteed to get one by June.... Three months is a short time to wait, to somebody who has been here for years.

I appreciate that most hubbers didn't receive an invite, and from what I've seen, those that did, most likely deserved their early invites.  HP themselves said that the decision was based on those most active at HP, which is fair enough.  And I certainly don't feel hard-done-by.  As you said, three months is not long to wait.  And it'll be interesting to see the results when it gets rolled out site-wide.

But people are impatient creatures, and we all want what everybody else has, and we want it now.  And having read several responses from those already included, telling others 'to be patient', I was merely pointing out that it's much easier to be patient, or to advise others to be, when you yourself don't have to wait. 

But I hope that you all do well from it.  And that ultimately, HP as a whole does well from the new ad program.

1. profile image0

Ok fair enough buddy, it won't be long, and ultimately I am only willing to be vocal in my participation in order to get people excited rather than to evoke jealousy of any sort smile

It looks to be a great program, and if it carries on like this it will make AdSense a secondary income source for me on Hubpages, and to be honest I never thought I would see the day!

Sounds like a winner.  I'll be following the threads with interest.  And more than a little impatience. big_smile

2. barryrutherford profile image76
            barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the meantime if this is meant to be a fair roll out then Hub Pages could pool the earnings you make between now & June & share those earnings with the rest of us because you were not able to process those forms etc till then.  This would help make up for the losses we have with the Google Algorythm adjustment,

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
              Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Surely they wouldn't dare runs those ads on the pages of the uninvited writers even during HP's share of the time?  If it's too complicated and glitchy to allow everyone to participate, then running HP ads on everyone's pages during the 40% HP share would be surely be hypocritical, no?

1. barryrutherford profile image76

I guess my point is that we have already suffered a drop in earnings.  Then in virtually the same week Hubpages introduces to it's so called top 500 hubbers a special earning programme that is exclusive to them until June.  What a way to divde a community.  It might be that some of those hubbers in the top 500 were the ones to cause  Google to change their Algorythm settings in the first place.

1. profile image0

"I guess my point is that we have already suffered a drop in earnings."

This program does not cause your earnings to drop further and will likely increase them, so mute point?

"Then in virtually the same week Hubpages introduces to it's so called top 500 hubbers a special earning programme that is exclusive to them until June."

Incorrect, they are introducing people in waves, everybody will be in by June. That differs substantially from exclusivity to 500 until June, they have in fact suggested that it won't be much longer than a week or two until the next lot are in. I expect to see more people in each week or two. They have also been working on this since Jan and set the date of release before the Algo change. Timing was unfortunate, some would say very fortunate.

"It might be that some of those hubbers in the top 500 were the ones to cause  Google to change their Algorythm settings in the first place."

That is pure speculation, the world might end in 2012, Obama might be evil, the internet may be shut down, we may come from UFOs.

1. barryrutherford profile image76

Well Ryan it is great to see your sprouting how good your earnings have been since the programme was introduced to you and a few other well chosen Hubbers.  way to go..

If I remember rightly you were ready personally only a couple of weeks ago to take your bat & ball & go elsewhere.  Hows that for showing loyalty.  Now your defending the idea to the hilt.

If we are competing on a level playing field then access to earning potential earning methods should be open to all in that community.

Further I content that people in the top 500 hubbers are guilty of spammy backlinking which have caused Google to change the Algorythm in the first place.  I don't  believe any of my  logic is flawed.

2. frogdropping profile image76
                  frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whatever your earnings level, the new HP ad program will neither inflate nor deflate them, unless you're signed up to it. Once you join it, your adsense affiliation will be in direct competition with HP's ad program.

And one last thing to consider - the site has suffered a massive drop in traffic. High traffic and high earnings are mutally exclusive. Low traffic does not an internet millionair make.

2. profile image0

So MY earnings from MY hubpages should be given to YOU?

Yeah great logic, no thanks, are the 220,000 hubpages writers going to share their AdSense revenues with the 500 in the Ad program? Because their AdSense CTR is higher?

The 40% of impressions on your Hubpages do not currently have HP program ads on them. Mine do. As a result my AdSense is competing with them. Pros and Cons, I will happily give up my share of HubAd earnings in return for 20% of everybody elses AdSense revenue. Got ourselves a deal?

There are not 500 people sharing one big pot which becomes diluted with the entry of 220,000 people. Earnings from my Hubpages will not be diluted in any way shape or form by your admission to the program (which won't be long at all by the way, not long enough to justify you becoming green or bitter).

If they were running these ads on your 40% right now then you would have reason to be angry, but they are not. What they do or do not do on your share of impressions would still be entirely irrelevant to what they do or do not do on my share of impresssions.

I hope that you can see the floored logic in your comment. We own our own content, after all.

38. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 13 years ago

Good work guys, I love the idea of increased ways of earning.

~thranax~

39. dayzeebee profile image67
    dayzeebeeposted 13 years ago

This is cool! Thanks Hubpages team!

40. michifus profile image58
    michifusposted 13 years ago

I take it that by signing up to this program means that all Hubpages Adsense income goes to the Hubpages account rather than my own personal one, and Hubpages will then make payment to Paypal? Or will some ads be displayed which will be accredited to my own account? Ta!

Adsense and the HP Ads Program are two separate entities.

Adsense Ads will still be displayed and you will continue to accrue revenue in your Adsense account, payable to you by Google.

1. michifus profile image58
        michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up!

41. the50marathons17 profile image83
    the50marathons17posted 13 years ago

Very excited about this!

42. jill betts profile image57
    jill bettsposted 13 years ago

I am looking forward to joining.  I have tried to join other side to make money and have been refused , so am earning nothing.  I will not give up as I like writing, but it would be good if I could earn some money as well.

43. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 13 years ago

Who knows if the first 500 invites are all sent out already, seeing the intervals of invites for hubbers who weren't invited initially. I just love to be in soon though waiting patiently for my invite.

44. TerryGl profile image56
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

I told you before Ryan what I think of you. 5778 posts in 2 years says a lot for your mouth. You need to learn to be more forgiving in your replies. That's the reason why you have quite a following here of those you simply do not like you.

1. profile image0

I know you did Terry, you made that quite clear, and you are entitled to your opinion. Just as I made it quite clear that I dissaprove of your Black hat SEO techniques, and share an entitlement to an opinion too smile

Of course it is techniques such as described in your Hubpage "how to rewrite PLR articles" which have got Google in a hump in the first place, you know, the trend of Content farms to just rewrite other peoples content? smile

45. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Im happy to wait until June ( like I have any choice) lol

,but if the programme had success when it was trialed in January,why not roll it out to everyone now?

1. profile image0

I should imagine that it is solely due to the need to manually peruse, approve and store tax forms. Opening the doors to 200,000 of them overnight would be a nightmare wink

That is purely assumption, but that's the only reason I can come up with, seems perfectly viable to me though smile

46. TerryGl profile image56

Ryan you would not know what BlackHat techniques are so don't bother with your bat and ball routine with me. As for re-writing other peoples content, it doesn't happen.

1. profile image0

Your hubpages represent everything that is wrong with online writing, and could effectively be sold as one mammoth book entitled "how to cheat the search engines"

Searching for the term "linkwheel" in your portfolio of hubpages brings up the term seven times. You can try and fool me but don't try to fool yourself wink

Rewriting PLR articles, submitting thousands of links automatically, building link wheels with the help of software. Where have you been in the last week or so Terry? That is THE reason why Google has slapped content farms, I can back that up with some key statements if you wish.

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree that all of those practices are despicable, but so far I have seen nothing that flatly says this is what damaged HP. 

If HP knew that this is the actual cause, I'd expect them to have changed policies drastically already. That they have not would seem to say they are not sure of any of this. 

I do find it very odd that they have changed the duplicate content policy without making a specific official announcement though, so perhaps they are implementing other changes and just have kept quiet as they did with duped content?

2. profile image0

"PLR articles really are a marketers tool. There are two versions of this.  The first is often a person writes a lot of articles and bundles them all up in a package for sale to other online marketers or gives them away for free. The second is, those receiving the plr articles have a lot of free or paid for, content that they can use on their sites. Plr articles are often downloaded by hundreds of online bloggers who put the articles on their blogs to build content.

The problem with this is there are many sites displaying the same plr article and thus a duplicate content filter will apply to that article resulting in a waste of time posting the article to a blog. When you download a folder of plr articles, you are really downloading a valuable resource that you can use for your benefit. Most plr articles are keyword rich and provide excellent content. To avoid any duplication penalty and to get the absolute most benefit from the plr article you will have to rewrite it." - TerryGI

If it doesn't happen you are more than willing to promote it. Like I said, search engine cheater smile It is always easy to discredit a liar.

47. TerryGl profile image56

There goes that mouth again Ryan. There has not been a change in my earnings from one month ago until today for me. Its 1.20am here where I live and I do not have to go to work tomorrow, you know why, I don't have to.

What I do works. Linkwheels are old hat, we have moved on to pyramid linking now. Google might slap where you are but I have a lot more then just Hubpages.

So like I said, take your bat and ball routine elsewhere because I am not playing with you.

And, the Hubpage you refer to was probably the biggest earner for me selling Magic Article Rewriter software through Clickbank.

1. profile image0

You hit the ball to me first TerryGI, I merely hit it back. And not many people do have to go to work on a Sunday. You are clearly promoting the practice of rewriting PLR articles, good one. So whilst you sit around on Monday earning money from your unoriginal rewritten articles, spare a thought for those that WERE making money before the algorithm change which only occured due to this type of crap in the first place.

Neither do I need to go to work TerryGI, but putting that aside, I revealed you as a liar all too easily and as a result you no longer want to play ball. "15-Love". Cheerio wink

48. oniger76 profile image59
    oniger76posted 13 years ago

I am interested to venture on this.  Let's get it on

49. TerryGl profile image56

Whatever!!

It's game set and match isn't it?

1. profile image0

I have just read the article "Online Hubpage Experiment To Make Money" and that really is anybody on here needs to know about you, pathetic, mess around with your own sites yeah? In fact you actually disgust me.

1. TerryGl profile image56

Another successful Hub promoting a Health and Beauty affiliate program that brings in four figures a month.

1. profile image0

The technique that you describe in that Hubpage is ruining the internet Terry. Great, Terry is earning a four figure sum by ruining the internet.

If all 50 of your spun articles are indexed and you create maximum number of backlinks to each through Sick Submitter, that is 79651 pages of online content in existance to promote one of your Hubpages. I would sooner make a modest income in all fairness.

1. Pcunix profile image91
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sheesh, Ryan, you are starting to sound like me..

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
              Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

50. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Hey Mrv-s'up long time no see:)

Yea sucks waiting, actually Im normally quite a patient person.
    I think its the technology aspect and we have become used to sites being 'at the click of a button' ready ,steady go kinda thing.
    Frequent hubber ,ohhh..yea ,nah ,I was very very frequent way back when and I was never ever interviewed.

Anyways good to see you again smile

Ryans probably correct though ,large membership,small staff.

Hey, EK.  Good to see you're still about. 

I'm not really a patient person.  I have an expensive parcel on-route from Israel, and its been two weeks already.  And as always, I want it now. big_smile  So I've more than had my fill of waiting this last week.

But we'll get there.

p.s. I never got an interview either, lol. Can't think why... big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Im a bird ,I fly in and out lol

Good luck with your parcel -more bubble bath hehe
        Oh they were fun hub days lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)