You can have dinner with 3 famous people (living or dead). Who are your choices

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 163 discussions (193 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 8 years ago

I would want at my dinner table
    Van Gogh
    Plato
    Homer

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

Who is paying for the dinner?
    I am sorry but I couldn't resist.
    Really, I can't think of anyone.

3. APBullard profile image61
    APBullardposted 8 years ago

H.P. Lovecraft has been my favorite author since I first discovered his works when I was around ten years old. I would love to have dinner with him, although I do believe there would be quite a bit of personality conflict. Still, I think the opportunity would be incredible - provided he has a body once more.

David Kwong is someone I follow on social media, and I absolutely love his wit, talents, and intelligence. I would love to have dinner with him, pick his brain a bit, and play Scrabble. I am fairly certain he would beat me at it - especially since that is a salient aspect of his career - but it would still be fun.

This last one is hard. My initial reaction is to use my final selection for David Bowie, whom I have "loved" since I was two-years-old. On the other hand, there is something about meeting him that I just don't think I could really do. It's like meeting a deity or something. This brings me to all of my other selections. Would I want an intellectual discussion, or something more casual and amusing? I would want to have dinner with my intellectual heroes, though what if they end up being condescending or I make an idiot out of myself?

That being said, I would probably end up picking Nathan Fillion. He is an incredible human being (from what I can tell), intelligent, hilarious, and one of my favorite actors. It would be wonderful to have dinner with my captain!

What a great question! I also JUST realized it was originally posted five years ago. Well, then. . .

4. bluesradio profile image57
    bluesradioposted 8 years ago

Would love to pick the brain of Barack Obama both about his heritage and grassroots organizing, would love to know more about what was going through Thomas Jefferson's mind during his time, and would love to learn more about the thought process of Frederick Douglass...

5. profile image43
    sadierealityposted 8 years ago

Traci Kochendorfer , Jessica Alba,

Betty while

6. profile image0
    David Bucknerposted 8 years ago

1) Henry David Thoreau (he was incredibly intelligent & self-sufficient)
    2) Christopher McCandless (he knew the true meaning of wanderlust)
    3) Daisy Ridley (she's hot.)

7. Cynthia Hoover profile image90
    Cynthia Hooverposted 8 years ago

Edgar Allen People, his works are among my most favorite, I can read them over and over and never tire of them. I'd love to discuss his inspirations and learn more about him.

Ralph Waldo Emmerson -seriously an inspirational writer, I find myself quoting different works of his all the time. Reading Emmerson for me is like witnessing something majestic.

Dolly Parton, the woman makes me cry. So many of her songs are relatable to me through life experiences. You can't help but be inspired by the woman, she had 12 siblings and was raised dirt poor only to make something amazing out of her life while helping others along the way.

8. SweaterSpud profile image61
    SweaterSpudposted 8 years ago

Crazy Horse- I would love to hear his stories, and history.
    Frank Waln- This young man is amazing and has been such an inspiration.
    Russell Means- Some see him as a hero others as a criminal I think it ould be amazing to get to talk with him.

9. LetusPublish profile image60
    LetusPublishposted 8 years ago

I would like to have lunch so that I can take the conversation to dinner as well.
    My choices are:
    1.Alexander the Great: I would like to know how he conquered so many parts without the help of google maps or national highways? What was their diet plan and how did they survive hot weather without AC's and Horse backs.

2.Shubash Chandra Bose: I would like to know how he died and what was the secret.

3.Alibaba - I would like to know where the moutain is that used to open "khul ja sim sim' and own all the wealth.
    So,, these 3 legends I would like to meet.

10. profile image58
    drmotiwalaposted 8 years ago

I would love to dinner with

Swami Vivekananda
    Subhas Chandra Bose
    Mark Zuckerberg

11. GJones100 profile image80
    GJones100posted 7 years ago

Groucho Marx, to share jokes with
    Frank Sinatra, to share sad stories with
    Jesus Christ, if he doesn't show up, will answer a lot of questions

12. RunRings profile image66
    RunRingsposted 7 years ago

Margaret Thatcher - I am moved by his courage and love to do her work as the mother of a nation. Her brain is also something you have to admire.

Moses - To ask him about the things about the wonders of the past and his faith...and his secret to living for hundreds of years!

Harper Lee - I have always been curious about what's going on in the mind of a recluse. I'll probably ask her a lot in that dinner.

13. roselinsojan profile image60
    roselinsojanposted 7 years ago

Oh, I like to have dinner with my dear Jesus Christ.then with the Judas( to give him a smash at his face).then to my dear mama,(died 10 years before).

14. Victoria Kaufmann profile image72
    Victoria Kaufmannposted 7 years ago

1) Jesus

2) Virginia Woolf

3) Henry VIII

15. glittrgirl profile image57
    glittrgirlposted 7 years ago

1. Vincent van gogh- because I would love to learn so much from him, it would be so interesting to find out how the world looked through his eyes.

2. beyonce- because she is my inspiration, and id love to hear her sing and explain to me how she copes and what her life is all about.

3. my granddad- as I never got to meet him

glittrgirl xoxo

16. Laura Karina profile image60
    Laura Karinaposted 7 years ago

Dita Von Teese, Larry Kramer, & Hippocrates

17. ABCKamran profile image58
    ABCKamranposted 7 years ago

1.MUHAMMAD(peace be upon him)
    2.Albert Einstein
    3.Adolf Hitler
               All because of their influence on the people then and now.

18. profile image0
    filmchick1987posted 7 years ago

1. Jesus - To talk to him about my life and ask his advice.
    2. Ellen Degeneres - I reckon the conversation would be fantastic.
    3. Christopher Nolan - To pick his brains about movies and his career.

19. The PAkistanii profile image61
    The PAkistaniiposted 7 years ago

1 :- Muhammad Ali ( The greatest Boxer of all time )
    2 :- Johny Depp ( Jack sparrow ... Captain Jack sparrow )
    3 :- MY Mom ( real super women of my life )

20. profile image48
    Wyatt Rutledgeposted 7 years ago

Benedict Cumberbatch because he is awesome, Dick Winters because we could talk about the war and war is awesome, and Paul from the Bible.

21. RomanaRiva profile image60
    RomanaRivaposted 7 years ago

Sachin Tendulkar for his achievements and i am a big fan of him.
    Johnny Lever a fantastic comedian because its difficult to make me laugh and just one look at him, in movies and i just burst out laughing.
    Lata Mangeshkar so that after dinner she can sing a sweet little song with her melodious voice and i can sleep.

22. WelshConnections profile image61
    WelshConnectionsposted 7 years ago

Harry Nilsson, Keith Moon & John Lennon just to see if they were as mad together as the history books say......I'd probably get fed up with them after a few hours and roll out the piano !

23. StaceytheWanderer profile image68
    StaceytheWandererposted 7 years ago

Walter Mattheau because I've always wanted to since I saw Grumpy Old Men. He would be so interesting and funny.

Elvis Duran. I listen to his radio show everyday. He is also very interesting and funny.

Jane Austen. She was such a rebel in my opinion. I want to watch her own a conversation among several people. And especially hear the way people spoke back then.

24. elnavann profile image82
    elnavannposted 7 years ago

Nelson Mandela:  Would really like to be close to the man and ask him some specific questions about how he sees the future of South Africa

Pablo Neruda:  Famous poet - I would like to hear him talk about his create process - although I doubt  that would be his choice of conversation

Gabriel García Márquez:  Columbian writer - bask in his presence and listern to a story or two

25. Travel'n Person profile image60
    Travel'n Personposted 7 years ago

Thomas Jefferson, to get a true feel for what the founding fathers of the USA were thinking.
    Leonardo Da Vinci, a genius in many ways.
    Jesus, so I get the real information rather than all those people who wrote scriptures.

26. Kiki Estime profile image40
    Kiki Estimeposted 7 years ago

choices would be Michael Ealy, Michael Jackson, and Taraji P. Henson
    Taraji look kool to hang with, Michael Ealy has beautiful eyes, and Michael Jackson is a great singer

27. profile image0
    asphaltcowboy84posted 7 years ago

1) God- because he has done so much and continues to provide without fail
    2) John Lennon because of his talent as a singer and songwriter. Also for his humanitarian contributions
    3) James Dean because he died tragically young and gave future actors a stepping off point and put his foot in the door for many.

28. Edgemaster profile image66
    Edgemasterposted 7 years ago

Jimi Hendrix - He seems to be on a different level when playing his guitar and I'd really like to know more.

Dimebag- I just would like to have him for dinner given I've looked up to him as one of the greats in guitar playing. And would need some guitars to jam out with while having dinner.

Einstein - Someone like this is who I'd really like to see how a dinner would be. Is his brain constanly thinking while your having dinner and drinking wine?

29. beagrie profile image92
    beagrieposted 7 years ago

Tom DeLonge, the (former) guitarist from blink-182 and Angels & Airwaves. For whatever reason, I find his work in all mediums fascinating. Not to mention he seems hilarious in any interview I've seen him in.

Sir Terry Pratchett, author the Discworld series (among *many* others). Just an insanely intelligent person who we're all a little worse off for his death.

Dr. Samuel Johnson, collector of words. I'm just fascinated with Victorian era London, and he was a fervent observer of that time.

30. Glenis Rix profile image96
    Glenis Rixposted 7 years ago

Lots of high-minded and highbrow answers here!

I would choose fun people who make me smile because it's not the done thing to discuss controversial topics like politics and religion over dinner

Paul Hollywood (UK celeb baker) - seems to like flirting with old ladies. So  I could gaze into those wonderful blue eyes at the same time as getting baking tips

Lenny Henry - comedian who completed an OU Degree as a mature student, as I did, and has since played Hamlet on the stage. We could chat about Shakespeare when he wasn't telling jokes

Julie Walters - comedy actress and down to earth lady

(But I'm fickle so I might choose different people tomorrow)

31. marcelocarcach profile image90
    marcelocarcachposted 7 years ago

I would want to meet individuals from the Bible who have known the Lord, experienced miracles, and received revelation.

1) Moses
    2) Peter
    3) Paul

32. SakinaNasir53 profile image96
    SakinaNasir53posted 7 years ago

Good question...

1. Agatha Christie- it is because she is my favorite author. I just love her murder mysteries, so intriguing and they give the "at the edge of your seat" feeling. I want to thank her for writing novels and ask what is her inspiration?

2. Mark Zuckerberg- I love Facebook and it changed my whole life. I want to know his success story.

3. Bill Gates- I want to know how he manages to work and keep his wealth accumulated. Being such a busy man, how does he find time for his family... I also want to know what it feels like to be a billionare, maybe more!

33. profile image0
    mts1098posted 7 years ago

1 is tough enough but 3 is not so bad...so here it goes

1. My sister - she passed a few years ago and I want to spend another day with her.

2. My mom - she also passed a few years ago and I would tell her how proud of her I am to do what she did by herself.

3. This is a tie between movies and music but Quentin Tarantino because I would love to have a conversation with him. Billy Joel is the music artist that I would like to know what inspired some of the songs he wrote.

34. profile image52
    Sandsea8posted 7 years ago

Dinner with those who are really seeking to have dinner with me. Those who really wanted to be with me.. Doesn't care who they are, I've to be satisfied the time is worth spending. Its after all a dinner.. Being with a famous personalities doesn't make your stomach full because hunger will start early in the morning when you wake up.

35. Phantom86 profile image61
    Phantom86posted 7 years ago

Henry Hill for the stories that man could tell, I could sit and speak to him for months on end.

Da Vinci, massively interesting person with such an unique way of looking at things. It would be so interesting to have his perspective on the modern world.

Al Capone for the same reason as Henry Hill but a cooler era.

I think that guarantees a good evening.

36. Carl Neumann profile image60
    Carl Neumannposted 7 years ago

1. Steve Jobs: because he achieved greatness after going through many setbacks and disappointments, and I would like to understand how he did it

2. Nelson Mandela: because he showed us what the power of forgiveness is really about, and how to rise above conflict and hatred

3. J.K. Rowling: because she believed in the power of her imagination and didn't give in to her critics

37. LoryRich profile image78
    LoryRichposted 7 years ago

Duterte, Philippine president.  This hub is a call out to his foreign haters. That he's a killer is only a political propaganda of vested interest groups. Filipinos assure you he values human rights. read more

38. Kayte profile image40
    Kayteposted 7 years ago

It would be Vin Diesel, the Rock and Roman Reigns, so I can stare at them while I eat, they would be an awesome action movie that I would see like everyday.

39. profile image56
    Elaine Gallagherposted 7 years ago

I would have dinner with:

1. Jesus Christ to pray for me family and the world we currently live in
    2. Abraham Lincoln to learn about our country and first hand experience during a very tumultuous time
    3. Jerry Seinfeld to have an enjoyable meal and laugh about "nothing"

40. OanaWriter profile image90
    OanaWriterposted 7 years ago

Michael Jackson - I would ask him career advice and his secret on being able to believe his the best and follow through with actions to sustain in.

Margaret Mitchell -I'll ask her how did she want Gone with the wind to end

Barak Obama - We'll just talk politics and how the world of politics works smile

41. profile image56
    Michael Ahayaposted 7 years ago

your answer...Enoch coz he would be the     right person in the bible to tell me his story since it is never documented in the bible.
    Ben Carson coz i really find him as my mentor and he motivates me in a way.
    Obama coz i realy like his leadership skills and by the way who doesnt want to have a dinner with the most powerful president alive so far...

1. Bilaldoon profile image61
      Bilaldoonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

42. profile image51
    Farhankhursheedposted 7 years ago

the best is this:https://bloggerismpro.blogspot.com/

43. profile image58
    Saad Abdulsalamposted 7 years ago

I'd pick just one person
    Prophet Muhammad SAW

44. rehaniqbal24 profile image62
    rehaniqbal24posted 7 years ago

my choice goes to Amitabh Bachan  Because I'm fan of his voice, and a perfect personality..
         his is my fav.. uncle .. Baghban is one of his fav. movie I like it...
    Bhoot uncle..etc..

45. JoGraceGoldsmith profile image60
    JoGraceGoldsmithposted 7 years ago

Gandhi

Nostradamus

Hillary Clinton

I would discuss with Gandhi how it came to be that he was so spiritual.

I would find out how bad is it really going to get, how much time to prepare  asking Nostradamus.

I would ask Hillary WTF?? And to plead with her to never e-mail anything! Ever again!!

46. lorddraven2000 profile image92
    lorddraven2000posted 7 years ago

I would have to invite Edgar Allan Poe, simply because I am so into what he did writing wise, Dante because my curiousity of his Divine Comedy would make for some interest table talk and the last person I would invite would have to be my grandpa because it would be so nice to get to speak with him again and see if I have made him proud.

47. Patsybell profile image83
    Patsybellposted 7 years ago

1. The Notorious RBG:  Chief Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg   Why? To ask for her wisdom and learn how to inspire more young women toward careers in law, leadership, medicine and politics.
    2. President Jimmy Carter  Why? To ask for his blessing and advice on how to end the struggle of gender inequality and discrimination in the law and throughout Christian leadership.   
    3. Pope Francis Why? Because he has restored faith and hope in many people around the world. I believe he teaches each of us how to build a better world one small humane step at a time.

48. profile image0
    Marlon Molinosposted 7 years ago

Pat Morita because I met him once but never got the chance to sit and talk with him.
    Will Smith  because I've been a fan since his fresh prince days.
    Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang), & Teri Hatcher my Smallville and Lois and Clark crushes.

49. profile image52
    Jonas Corronsposted 7 years ago

I believe I would invite at first Charles Boudelaire, to know how is a good bad life, at second Delacroix, to discober how to create a conviction for a fight and criticize it at the same time, and at third the writer Gabriel García Márquez, to learn how to creat magic from a reality, with the intention of scaping from it.

50. Theophilus Arthur profile image58
    Theophilus Arthurposted 7 years ago

Jesus Christ because he is my light and salvation.
    Moses because I won't to known where his was buried when past away.
    Paul Walker .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)