Chicken and Prawn Noodles in Coconut Broth Recipe.
This dish is from Indonesia. It is very tasty and healthy dish as all ingredients like chicken, prawns and coconut are very healthy and contains very less calories, yet rich in vitamins, calcium and minerals. Again like other dishes I posted here, this dish is liked by children and adult both. It is delicious, filling and a comforting dish. It is easy to cook and can be made quickly. One bowl is enough for a normal meal. Since it can be made easily and quickly, so this dish is ideal for the days when you are busy
1. Rice Noodles: 1 packet/ 200 grams/ 7 oz. soaked in cold water.
2. Large prawns: 180 gram / 6 oz. cooked.
3. Chicken: Boneless, shredded and cooked. 120 grams / 4 oz.
4. Chicken Stalk: 4 Cups.
5. Hard Boiled Eggs: 2, each divided in to 4 parts.
6. Almonds: 4
7. Oil: 4 Tbsp
8. Coconut Milk: 1 cup.
9. Large Onion: 1 sliced.
10. Medium onion: 1 divided in to 4 parts.
11.Green onions / Spring onion: 1 shredded.
12. Ginger: 1 inch piece sliced.
13. Garlic cloves: 2 chopped.
14. Fresh Turmeric: 1 Inch sliced.
15. Roasted Coriander Seeds: ½ Tsp.
16. Roasted Cumin Seeds: ½ Tsp.
17. Red Chilli: 1
18. Lemon Grass Stalk: 2 inches, bruised and chopped.
19. Black Pepper Powder: ½ Tsp
20. Salt: To taste.
1. First of all take the sliced large onion, deep fry it in 2 Tbsp of oil , and take it out of oil and set aside.
2. Now In a grinder put quartered onion along with fresh red chilli (make sure it is with seeds), lemon grass, garlic, ginger, almonds and turmeric. Grind them in to a fine paste.
3. Now take out the paste from the grinder and set aside.
4. In the grinder now put roasted cumin seeds and coriander seeds and coarsely grind them.
5. Now to this in grinder add the paste and mix well.
6. Take a heavy base pan and heat oil.
7. Now in the oil add the paste and cook till it starts giving out the aroma.
8. Make sure the paste doesn’t get brown.
9. Add coconut milk and chicken stalk to this.
10. Bring to boil.
11. Now add salt and pepper.
12. Bring the heat to simmer and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
13. While the coconut milk is being boiled, drain the noodles.
14. In another large pan, boil water and put some salt in it.
15. To the boiling water add noodles and let it cook for couple of minutes.
16. Drain the noodles in a sieve and rinse them with cold water.
17. Now when coconut milk is boiled for 10 minutes, bring the heat to high.
18. Add prawns and bring the mixture to boil again.
19. Now divide the noodles in 4 parts.
20. Put them in separate bowls.
21. Put chicken and eggs on them.
22. Top with the coconut and prawn mixture.
23. Garnish with spring onions and deep fried onions.
24. Serve Hot.
More Recipes From Me
- Chicken Wrap Recipe
This can be used as a snack or as a lunch. Children like it very much and its ingredients are very easily available and it is very easy to make. It is light on stomach, less on calories and high on taste and health. A must for any woman with young ch
- Chicken And Orange Salad Recipe
This is also known as Roast Chicken Salad with Orange Dressing. It is very easy to make. Takes only a few minutes to make and is very healthy. It has got right combination of meat, vegetables and fruits. It is very tasty and children would love to ea
- Chicken And Noodle Soup Recipe
A very healthy soup, easy to make and is usually well liked by children. It doesn't have many spices so easy on palate and stomach. A very tasty appetizer.
- Chicken Mushroom Soup Recipe
Mushrooms are my favorite. You can literally add them to any dish or soup. Mushrooms are easily available all over the world. They are cheap and healthy and easy to digest and lend great taste to the dish. Mushrooms should be washed thoroughly before
- Mussels with mustard seeds and shallots Recipe
Mussels can be found all over the world . They can be sea water or fresh water mussels. Despite mussels are found in abundance all over the world yet not many people eat them. They are not only delicious to eat but also healthy. Before cooking mussel
- Asian Whole Chicken Soup Recipes
This is another wonderful chicken soup. Tasty to eat. easy to make, pleasing to serve,healthy and light on stomach. Kids love it. Try it out.
- Butter Chicken Recipe by Indian Chef
Butter chicken and Tandoori Chicken was invented Kundan Lal Gujral in 1920 by just before the independence of India from British. They soon got very popular and right now one of the most popular of all Indian Chicken dishes. The inventor migrated to
- Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Tuscan chicken is a popular chicken dish in the Korean region. It is dry so no gravy in this chicken. It is usually eaten in dinner. This recipe of chicken has lots of tomatoes and mushrooms in it along with some other vegetables so it is healthy foo
- Silky Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Kebabs have been favorite dish of Muslim Indian Royalty since long. They used to employ special cooks to make kebabs. It was said that if a cook is not Kebabs then he doesn’t know cooking at all. Kebabs are usually made from mutton ( lamb or goat mea
- Shredded Chicken With Mushroom Recipe
This one is one of my favourite lunch and dinner dish. Chicken and mushrooms make my meal enjoyable as much as it can be. Adding mushroom to any dish not only make the bulk but also make it very tasty, healthy and pleasing to the eyes. I love it when