jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

1. Zaiden Jace profile image68
    Zaiden Jaceposted 4 years ago

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

I had a teacher who traveled to another country, Chili I believe, and he ate a guinea pig.

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

I once had turtle stew.  It was seasoned in such a way you could barely tell it wasn't beef.

3. Nell Rose profile image94
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

I tried squid when I was in Greece, I didn't know thats what it was at the time! lol! it tasted like rubber!

4. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Goat head soup.  It was very good, although the head of the goat looking at me wasn't very appetizing.

5. johnsonrallen profile image92
    johnsonrallenposted 4 years ago

I'm sure someone will hate me for this: I had ostrich... twice. Once at a zoo in Thailand, of all places.

1. profile image70
      ElleBeeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've had ostrich a couple of times, I think its pretty good actually! There used to be an ostrich game farm not too far from me, but its closed and so I doubt I will be eating any more ostrich anytime soon.

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
      CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My local Stop & Shop used to sell ostrich.  It's delicious.  They also sell Buffalo which I think is a little strong for my taste.

6. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I've never eaten anything strange at all.  I have the food preferences of a six-year-old, which means I don't have a lot of interest in food and REALLY have no interest in anything at all stranger.  Heck - I remove the burned, brown, ends of french fries when I eat them.

7. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

I cringe at some of the food offerings I read about in other countries.  As a vegetarian, I'd pass on 99% of them.

However, I have eaten some strange things in the past...as a kid...you know, thinking up combinations to gross out your parents...  ;-)  Such as hollowing out a dill pickle and using it as a cup for some ginger ale...(no, it wasn't good--but do you think I was going to admit that to Mom???)  LOL

8. profile image70
    ElleBeeposted 4 years ago

I ate wild boar once in Italy... that's probably high on the list for me.

9. Wakerra profile image75
    Wakerraposted 4 years ago

I had two bites of an icecream sundae with ketchup

10. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 4 years ago

Octopus. The little suckers on their arms stick to the tongue. In Hawaii they call it tako poki or something like that. They eat all sorts of weird and raw stuff. Poi is pretty weird too. Tastes like wallpaper paste. Maybe it's the same stuff.

11. mrpooper profile image54
    mrpooperposted 4 years ago

my wife's cooking. It never looks or tastes like what it's suppose to be

12. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

yuk I was not expecting these answers.

I was figuring, pickles and peanut butter on bread was strange for me.

guinea pig, yuk

Well I guess everyone is different , but had to laugh when I read this as I was expecting cravings of some sort.