Is Jesus divine or only human?

Jump to Last Post 51-59 of 59 discussions (356 posts)
  1. renskei profile image60
    renskeiposted 13 years ago

my answer: both 100% God and 100% man

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Hardness of heart? Wotcha smokin?
    Mark is one of the warmest hearted people here! Don't you read anything except the religious forums?
    Mark is intelligent, worldly and well read. He constantly helps others, often spending inordinate lumps of his valuable time on technical issues to ensure he has given the assistance he intended.
    Absolutely a top bloke!
    Why is it that your belief in the fairy makes you miss all of that?
    Or are you just being petty? smile

1. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i guess you missed that term in the bible that you so thoroughly studied for 30 yrs. lol lol

and i don't smoke anything. I tried to quit smoking almost everyday, but the god you rebuke made smoking disappear. I no longer smoke, not by my own strength but by the power of the one true God.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't miss anything.
        Did the good fairy start you smoking as well? smile

1. profile image0

You always miss so much its ridiculous. I think your ego is directly connected to your typing finger.
          God did not start me smoking. Not knowing god certainly did not hinder me smoking, but my carnally thinking mind and a serpentine desire of my flesh got the ball rolling. I feel impressed to add 'peer pressure' but that is not the focus of my reply.

At least you are saying good fairy now.. its a start.

Whereas you read and understand everything. Proven by the bold type of course! lol lol lol
            I read all posts I reply to, and don't just pick bits out of someone's reply as you do. smile

1. profile image0

i pick out the bulldust

3. darkinside profile image57
    darkinsideposted 13 years ago

actually  Bruce.the concept of Trinity is not shown exactly in Bible.and i think Jesus didnt tell anything complicated as we all say now.....all these interretations came from men over years and years..........in bible there is spirit of god.....and that means the essence of God.....identity......we cant define that separated from God.....like me and my mind/what makes me other than body......
                Catholic beliefs are not purely based on Bible....they derived the system half from Bible and half from old saints,study etc..iam not remembering exactly.not sure,i think Theophilus of Antiochio is the one first used this term
               New testment doent say the word 'TRINITY'  directly..i think it is evolved in early centuries as a reply to /against '
       Aryanism' 
                 IN OLD TESTMENT ALSO NO MENTIONING ABOUT TRINITY DIRECLY........spirit of god,word of god .these terms only...
                  coming to Jesus,JESUS WAS A COMPLETE MAN AND A COMPLETE GOD...... i think you all need no proof or his divine nature..........then i will tell about his manly nature....if you believe the time he cried at laser's death is to show a gOD WHO sympathesise at human.conside this incident in Mathew's Gospel..that Roman soldier says jesus.'your one word is enough...my son will be healed.......then IT IS WRITTEN THAT JESUS EXCLAIMED...read it care fully.i think chapter 7,8 or 9........god knows everything evenbefore we planning in mind...IF JESUS IS ONLY A COMPLETE GOD THIS EMBARASSMENT/WOMDERING IS NOT NEEDED....so iam saying this

he is a complete man who sympathaises at humans weaknesses and a God who can do anything for humans...but these all are simple at the same time complicated concepts.so just live with your simple unquesioning belief as St.Francis assisssi lived....too much information make all us in a big problem....like St.Paulose saying;'these all are foolishness to those who do not believe in Christ"

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is through which lens one would want to view Jesus. Largely "Jesus" is one's own interpretation. I would say that Jesus was human who possessed rare genius boardering on "divine."

1. profile image0

This is why God, who was pressed into flesh, left a book behind.
        Not a separate book, a book that got labeled 'new covenant' but really the whole book is entitled Gods covenant. One book.

4. cathylynn99 profile image74
    cathylynn99posted 13 years ago

Human. Duh!

I used to be a Christian. We practiced spreading the Gospel. Sometimes I played the non-believer. I used to win all the arguments, though not wanting to. Eventually it dawned on me that maybe non-belief made sense. I still enjoy singing hymns and pray occasionally, though I know better. I dread death, but am firmly convinced there's nothing to be done about it.

5. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

earnest, you are a sniper, but all in good fun, and you (and most others) enjoy the banter that goes on.

The problem is that believers are serious about what they say, whereas you are just sniping at God.... but if one comes in the forums, expect to be snipped at, it goes with the territory.

Don't be abusive aqua. Not worth a full reply.
      personal abuse is just that. Personal, leave it out.

1. profile image0

Did i miss something there? I didn't think aqua was being abusive? You do snipe. You are one of the reasons christian debates are limited to only a few whose unexpected careers revolve around jousting and parrying with you and a couple of others. If not for you guys the forum would roll along pretty smoothly. I have read posts where people say they dont come in because of the arguing. I hope that since you called my god and father a sky fairy and i can call your dad an earth fairy, earnest.. i mean, if you dish it out you do have to be able to take it don't you?
        Snipe away if you will, but expect to dodge a few too.

Full replies would be nice but are hardly ever expected lol lol

So you add to the abuse by calling me a sniper too?
          You know where you can put that don't you?

Something has to be of some merit to warrant a full response.

"God dunnit" bible scripture spouted ad nauseam is hardly worthy of a "full" reply. lol

1. profile image0

The you must truly be obsessed with something to come to a forum that isn't even worthy of a full reply.. surely you must see the insanity in that. Your life experience with the bible musta driven you mad. What to do, right and wrong, the guilt! omgosh! and now you rant to vent your frustration. You are a classic psychology case.

Physician heal thyself  lol lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
              Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You cannot even form coherent sentences. roll

Maybe you should actually try to think more before posting. lol

1. profile image0

lol gagsil again lol

2. earnestshub profile image80

Not everyone on here spouts endless crud we have all heard and examined years ago. smile I was referring to your religo babble specifically.
              Actually brother, much to your disdain i live a happy relaxed live with children and love all around 24/7. smile
              Nothing to be unhappy about. smile

1. profile image0

good for you.

6. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 13 years ago

Religion and politics.  2000 years ago, the marriage was still rather sound.

7. Deaconess profile image60
    Deaconessposted 13 years ago

I believe that the scripture tells us clearly that Jesus is not any more divine than the rest of us human beings...

Jesus said, "When you see one who is not born of woman, then you shall fall down upon your face and worship him, that is our Father." (Gospel of Thomas, verse 15)

Thomas said that jesus said. Jesus sas never said anything himself! smile

1. Deaconess profile image60
        Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, yes... The gospel of Thomas is a collection of "The Sayings of Jesus written down by Thomas."

Nevertheless, this verse, along with Matthew 11:11 tells us that men born of women, including Jesus, are not Divine, but human.

1. profile image0
          1. Deaconess profile image60
            Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

brotheryochanan,

Really now "Jesus is deity." So you admit that your form of Christianity worships Jesus as a God?

8. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Is Jesus divine or only human?

Jesus was born of a woman called Mary; everyone born of a woman is man.

Matthew 11:11 
    Amen I say to you, there hath not risen among them that are born of women a greater than John the Baptist: yet he that is the lesser in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

According to Bible John the Baptist is  greater that Jesus. If John the Batpist is only human; Jesus should also be human only.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unless you were also born a woman. smile

9. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

He was neither. just a figment. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)