Can God be both a He and a She?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (203 posts)
  1. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 13 years ago

I'm not a religious person for the most part, probably an agnostic/christian hybrid, if that makes sense. Anyhow, some people seem to believe that God is a He, but if God is all knowing and everything, then wouldn't that make God a She as well?

I think it's because of the male dominated society during the birth of religion that always made "God" a "He". Although, there are from what I remember Goddesses for Druidic religions, other ancient religions, and so forth.

If the thinking that "God is everything" is true, and therefore would also make God a She as well, would it be plausible to call "God" a "Goddess" for those that choose to do so?

big_smile

1. Larchinski profile image69
      Larchinskiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think God is both female and male, it makes sense when everything is male or female, and most species have some form of female and male characteristics and chemical makeup in their body's systems.

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

god isnt human.

3. Keith Risden profile image77
      Keith Risdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let me reply to the origin posted. I am happy to have read all the replies to this post. The biblical language whether interpreted in french, spanish or english  speaks the same story. Adam was created first, then the woman. Jesus came first then his bride the chuch was birth from him.
      The creator place man the head of the wife, Jesus the head of the church which in scriptures been referred to as a woman. This to me among many other biblical text relates that the creator holds the title and strong possiblities that yes he is the Father, the Husband.
      The word God taken for the Hebrew word el-o-heem' in Genesis 1:1 clearly sates that this word is in a plural form similar to the Family. One family more than one members. My family name is Risden, more than one Risden's. Need more on this you can ask me to write a hub on  it.

4. Bibowen profile image87
      Bibowenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are referring to everyone's version of God, there is no answer to your question. As for the God of the Bible, He is a spiritual being. As such, he has no gender. However, God is referred to as "He", probably because of the references to Him (like "Our Heavenly Father").

5. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We have an eternal Mother in heaven every bit as much as we've a Father in heaven.  The family is not only the basic unit of society but also of eternity.

6. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is a spirit. Spirits are neither male nor female. God set males over females on earth only, therefore god is referred to a male, as leader. Humans alone are created male and female. There is no gender to the spirit realm.

On earth is a mother and father and kids because kids need both, humans are frail and incomplete by themselves, but god, is complete in himself having all wisdom and he alone is able to be a father to his children. In this spiritual family no female is needed. God can do it all because there is no female nor male in the spirit realm we just say god is male because we need to relate to him that way, he understands this.

1. profile image55
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, where do our "willies" go when we become spirits?

"Willie Heaven"?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
          ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, willie heaven. and you will never understand what that means.

2. profile image0

hehe.. we dont get one. 
          One less thing to boast about in heaven.
          Kinda puts an end to mating with humans too.
          i'm gonna miss mine but now i'll be able to go jogging  smile

2. JulesGerome profile image60
    JulesGeromeposted 13 years ago

God is IT.
    No gender.

Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Works for me big_smile

3. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

It is my understanding the God desires a chain of command and it is clear in the bible that Jesus refers to him as the Father, as his father.  But I most certainly believe that God is even higher then male or female for God created the male and the female, no one could do this if they didn't fully understand everything their needs to be understood to make these events happen.

Before the non-believers enter their prospective of evolution.  Life begins with life so if this so-call big bang happened where did the life come from?  You can't put a rock down on the ground and wait a billion years it to transform into life even science would support this concept.

I believe in the big bang theory, and I also believe that it happens over and over again in an endless cycle. Basically all planets slowly drift to the event horizon of the galactic blackhole, and then once everything is compressed and reaches critical mass it explodes.. sending debri all over the cosmos which then again forms systems, suns, and planets. Then the process repeats itself again.

As for the life aspect, it could be that matter which groups together forms a living organic material.. which could be potentially by accident, or intentionally.. whatever a person believes.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever noticed that whenever you lay a brick walkway or patio, or a concrete driveway, something always finds a crack that it can grow in? 

There may be a Johny Apple seed running around the universe pitching seeds.

Should I wondering where Johny went or where he came from?

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with this statement!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it..

wink

Hope yer well, Jerami!

Ha Pandora .. Just got ready to go do some working. Gotta go after having the last word for the morning.. Ha
                 Good to see ya on here some more.
              If I was an apple I might call Johnny Apple seed "God".

I think the dispute about God is mostly over "perception of" more than "possibility of"   I think my dog looks upon me as being something like one. And for all practical purposes that don't hurt anything.

I have a god and mine is bigger that the one that my dogs has.
               gotta go   BY

2. Juelstephen profile image76
          Juelstephenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nothing that mankind will ever shape, by the will of their inclination, will ever be greater than God, who created us.  God made nature perfect and replenishing, wherest God says grow, it will grow.  It is for this reason that mankind shall forever be filling potholes.  This is why brick and mortar may be called the leaning tower!!

2. mrpopo profile image72
        mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hah that's funny, I thought of  the same thing. I pictured it because chaos or entropy is constantly increasing in the universe, which may eventually reach a point where no reactions can occur. At that point, all matter would drift to a single point in the universe, reach that critical mass, have another big bang and then recreate the cycle.

Boggles the mind

1. profile image49
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend mrpopo

Only because the Creator- God Allah YHWH has set like that; if He wills He can change it from within the unknown to us human beings. It is like Evolution has been set by Him; and it will go on till such time He commands it "not to be", like it started when He commanded it "to Be".

As long as He does not commands it otherwise; Science could maintain what it does within its limited knowledge given to the human beings.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. mrpopo profile image72
            mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks paarsurrey for your comment.

I think we can speculate that God exists, but it's impossible to know how God acts or why He acts, if He even acts at all!

That's incorrect actually - I shouldn't be saying He, since I really don't know if He is a He, or a She, or an It. I guess that's the entire point of this discussion after all.

I like to think of it like this though - God cannot be only truth, because how can you tell what truth is unless somebody lies?

My guess is that God is everything and nothing. If that makes any sense, anyway.

3. profile image0

Nice, you believe in the big bang theory.
        Did you see it happen? NO
        Did someone tell you? Yes
        Did you read it in a book about science? Yes
        Does it sound like theory with some partial truths included? Yes

Then why don't you believe when the gods people tell you things? They can be just as accurate or inaccurate as science.
        Did you see god? NO
        Did someone tell you about it?  Yes.
        Did you read it in a book about god? Yes
        Does it sound like theory with some partial truths included? Yes

hmmmm.
        hehe

1. profile image55

Just thought I'd make the appropriate changes.

geez more zzzzzzz

2. Ashmi profile image61
      Ashmiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Life cannot come from non-life.

Everything is alive. Death is an illusion!

The proof is in the fact that all obeys the law of attraction. And you cannot have non-vital attraction.

All manifestations are emanations from the holy ONE! Whatever you want to call IT!....it lives and moves through us; we are merely it's expressions or centres of consciousness.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. profile image55

And yet, it did. Whether you wish to believe in the myths and superstitions of creationism or not, life came from non-life.

3. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I understand, now.  The rock tumbled down the mountain because of the vital attraction to the earth.  As the rock is a manifestation of matter it is an emanation of the ONE and therefore alive and can cause more life as it is also the centre of consciosness of the ONE.  It's all so clear now!

3. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have a presupposition that all non-believers are also believers in evolution.  Discounting evolution gives absolutely no validity to your unrealistic view of reality.

4. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Christian god Jesus and Hindu god Krishna; were in fact no gods but human beings.

Jesus himself said he was Son of Adam. Jesus and Krishna were males; so the Christian and Hindu god had a male gender; obviously then they are no females and cannot be.
    Jesus therefore had, I take refuge in Allah, a male organ. It is therefore essential for a Christian-god to have married; if as the Christian's say he was an ascetic and did not marry; then he was no-god; having a male organ; for what purpose? If Jesus did not marry and did not produce children; then as per their belief he was not OMNIPOTENT.

I therefor believe that Jesus did marry and had children like a normal Jewish person and a Rabbi.

Thanks

1. Juelstephen profile image76

Whilst I realize that it is mankinds' way to question ALL things beyond their understanding...

Perhaps???

I might suggest another line of thought?

Know that God IS omnipotent and would know ALL of mankinds' dirty secrets: past, present AND future.

That imagine, if you will that a man might deem, through, what I would call analytical prowess, that someday man would fly, like a bird in the sky, in large metal objects.

Certainly, men AND women of the time, without the same imagination, might consider him to be a little bonkers.

However, I know for a fact that airplanes exist.

Now imagine that God, being the foreseer, would have the fore knowledge that mankind would have the audacity to play God...

And would you believe it...?

Clone sheep and cattle.!!!

NOW!!!

There is a LOT of history recorded that probably a lot of God's sons' blood got all over the place.

Now, while I am a fanatic of God, and God's son, Jesus Christ...

I wasn't there.

But, I'm just sayin.

1. profile image49

Hi friend Juelstephen

You did not touch the points raised in my post, I think. Would you?

Thanks

2. profile image0

To be spiritually minded is to be above the baser desires of worldly concerns.
      Jesus realized his children would be the believers of the gospel and therefore had no desire to use his vital time 'begetting' children.
           If we look at this lifestyle he really had very little time to devote to raising a family, He would only be around for a short while and that short while was packed with events, places to be, things to do, teaching disciples.
      He mentioned at one time "he had no where to place his head", or he did not live in any particular place. He never owned anything. He was completely above the things of this world, on purpose, so he could devote his time and energy into doing the will of his father.

5. torimari profile image66
    torimariposted 13 years ago

I guess if God were a hermaphrodite.

6. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

What...like a transexual?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well - we have proven that JC was a cross dressing, gay, alcoholic coward with a penchant for arson, so - anything is possible.

1. JulesGerome profile image60
        JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God !
        That was harsh! And I don't believe in Jesus. LOL

7. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

'Can God be?' is more like it.

That said, prior to the rise of patriarchy, goddesses were worshipped, often to the exclusion of male gods. You've heard of the maiden, mother and crone? That was the goddess concept that ruled europe and mesopotamia, fertility based, fruit bearing, life giving, as only the female could be.

Other gods existed, male gods, but only the fertility goddesses were so widely worshipped, and considered the source of life, and death.

8. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

The definition of God will always carry a loophole since almost all the existing definitions & attributes (omnipotence, omniscience etc.) of God are self conflicting (I'm working on a hub on this topic, but don't expect me to explain it now). Even if theres a  creator God or multiple Gods, it must exist beyond every single human logic & understanding. Meaning, the God will be able to perform the things that are logically impossible to mankind & rest of the creation. Trying to impose human qualities & attributes (i.e. gender, father, son etc.) to such God is nothing but a matter of human prejudice.

Trying to define any god in any way is where we err.

1. Rishy Rich profile image74
        Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep, absolutely ryt

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen, hallelujah!
        Can I have a hallelujah in the house?

Totally with you on this, Pandora.

9. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

The monotheistic version of God was a binding of the previously popular multiple gods into one.  Prior to this particular era of popular religion, people didn't have to wrestle with the gender biased part of the god story because they had lots of gods to enjoy, and to focus upon for any given moment or behavioral inclination. 

The advent of singular, male gods in the wake of urbanization, was for the purpose of making one set of laws to rule with (it's tough to tame and bind your unwashed masses to your set of laws if their exist gods of anarchy and others that are patrons of thieves etc.)  Power in select ages mashed all the regional religions of the subjugated together, weeded out the parts that didn't support their ideas or blurred them together into new stories, and made it easier to rule.

But all the old gods are in there, male and female alike, pressed into the single wafer of this moment's deity.

Very well put.

2. Juelstephen profile image76

I agree with Pandoras Box.
      Very well put.
      I have to confess, however, that I found it a little unsettling, your purely academic approach to God.
      I mean I'm a scientist...
      But, I am also a Christian.
      You might say that, in the end, it was science--quantum mechanics, to be exact--that helped me to find my faith, again.

1. profile image55

Sorry, but that makes no sense, can you please explain? What does quantum field theory have to do with Christianity?

Has nothing to do with Christianity Q.

You mistook what was said. It reinforced his faith.

1. profile image55

That's what I'm trying to find out. How did it reinforce his faith?

Most likely because he went on the assumption of religion, before he tried to be objective about his knowledge of science. lol

Edit: That's just a guess. lol lol

1. profile image55

I thought so too, but the way he worded his response made me think there was something in quantum field theory that changed his mind.

It's like the latest religious nutter Deepak Chopra trying to marry quantum physics with religion.

2. Shadesbreath profile image76
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I admit, I do approach from an academic view.  But I am not without curiosity, and even hope, for some kind, loving deity that gives a crap about me and will prevent my consciousness from vanishing into oblivion when I die.  I would love to honestly, in my heart AND mind believe that.  I just haven't found anything in quantum mechanics or anything else that the supports Christian myths any more than it does Islamic myths, pagan myths, ancient Greek mythology, etc.

Your dog can see you.  You show up every day and feed it.  You personally drive it to the vet when it is sick.  It has every REASON to believe in you. 

But, looking at the perception vs. possibility thing.  Let's assume for a  moment that your dog does actually contemplate you in that fashion, has that sort of curiosity.  It's not smart enough to realize what really happened.  Crediting you (whom it can see) with creating it, bringing its species into being as an assumption based on the "goodness" it sees from its experience of the world is totally erroneous.  You are NOT why its species exists; you did not imbue it with a soul, and you will not be sponsoring its acceptance into doggie heaven which you do not oversee.  Your dog's assumption (his "perception") is understandable given its limited understanding, but those of us who share godhood status to dogs know that he is just a silly dog who doesn't get it. 

It doesn't "hurt anything," I'll agree with you, but I wonder how you can happily then move that lens outward and view yourself happily as a believer like him but on a different scale.  The analogy seems to say that deep down you know there is no god, but your conclusion suggests you're happy to pretend you don't know that and just enjoy the possibility of maybe as if it were true?

I think that your statement describes it a little wrong.

I can see what I'm looking for. But unlike the Dog,I'm looking inwardly, the spiritual dimension can only be seen when looking inwardly. 
            That is not quite right either.
            We can also see it from an outward visualality. (New word) But when we see the tree ; we can not see it until we see within the tree.
            I think it is about inwardness even when we see outside of ourselves at something else.  It is always about inwardness.

Science understands outwardly into the vastness of space while spirituality has just as much depth "inwardly"

1. Shadesbreath profile image76

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday, somehow I missed your response.  I think I was having too much fun with elephant thing. 

Even though I totally think your analogy of the dog betrays you, I do understand what you are saying about seeking inward.  That's the essence of my issue with religion though.  You are saying to that we have to see "within the tree" and that we have to look inward to ourselves.  And that's beautiful to think about.  Poetic.  But, bottom line, I can't actually look into a tree. I can cut one down and count the rings or view it with X-rays or something, but that's not what you are talking about I'm fairly certain.  So, I can't actually look inward to a tree.  It's not possible.

You may argue that I can look inward to the try by looking inward to myself.  Just as I can do that to see God perhaps.  But, again barring x-rays or a painful experiment with a chainsaw, I can't do that.  What you call "looking inward" I call "thought."  I can think about a tree, about it's nature etc., what it means to be "tree-like," the essence of "treeness" if you will, and, again, very poetic.  But whatever that sense of it is, comes from me, not from the tree.  Same for your belief in a god. The only difference is that at least I can actually walk over and touch the tree.  Can see it, smell it etc.  Can't do that for god.  (And no, I don't count the existence of the tree or myself as "proof" of god.)

Again Shades, well said. smile wink

2. profile image0

This is a good one.
              I am not a dog neither are you.
              We are smarter than our pets, lol.
              We differ from animals in our brains. We have cognition. An ability to create by assembly (we can manufacture cars from many other smaller materials). We invented quantum mathematics, put a person on the moon.
              Yet we have not created a universe like the one we see at night. This is where we meet the limitations of our consciousness. The universe is unfathomable, imperceptible, unbelievable and yet, it is there. We are forced to believe in its existence.

Let me take u here for a minute.
                 Joshua 6:1   Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.
                 Joshua 6:2   And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.

Make note that israel here had not yet attacked jericho, they had just crossed the river jordan at flood time and were standing 2 miles away from the city. Everybody was inside the city and it was closed tight.
              Now god said, "See... I have given etc..".  Note: with the human eye, seeing what god has just said is not possible. This is kinda like me and you in a grocery store, there's bread at the bakery over there and i say, "See, i have given all this bread into your hands". You probably shake your head and try to wrap your brain around that.
              God was asking joshua to use his spiritual eyes to believe by faith that what god has just said is true.
              Genesis 1:1   "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"

See.

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I'm curious....

Can god be both a He or a She?

I am going try and use simple words so the religious do not get confused..

Do you know what imaginary means?
    Do you know what power is in imagination?

Then, if you do, it should be obvious that whatever god that someone imagines exists can be anything their mind creates it.

Thus, to answer the question - Yes!

Just a thought. smile

11. Ashmi profile image61
    Ashmiposted 13 years ago

God is beyond the opposites. It is neither He nor She nor both. As soon as you define the Supreme Being you limit HIM/HER.

God is supposed to be One which transcends division or limitation. It is Infinite and not finite. When we assign God to be of a particular gender we limit It's being.

God is the mysterious female as all comes from Her. God is the Holy Father as from His seed the world comes to be. You choose.

12. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

If God does exist there is no reason for it to have a gender. I'm not sure about other languages, but English doesn't deal well with ambiguous genders. You can use "it", as I did in the first sentence of this post, but "it" generally refers to a non-person object, which makes using the word in this manner a bit awkward. I'm sure there are many languages out there that do a much better job of handing this situation than English.

God is IT, because it doesn't have a gender and it's not human. Only a child can see God as a human. It's ridiculous for a grown up to see it that way.

1. getitrite profile image70

So what does this "IT" look like?  What is ITS attributes?  Can your assertions be tested?

How can anyone know what it look like ? Have you seen it? God can't be seen. That proves he's not human.

You didn't answer the question.  You are putting the onus on me, by asking me to answer irrelevent questions.

Then you make even more unsubstantiated assertions- "God can't be seen"

And why did you refer to God in the male gender, when you stated earlier that God was an IT?

And what would you want me to answer? Nobody has seen God. So, It's not human !  And how can I describe it ? I can't!
              Can you ?
              Your question was irrelevant. That's why it gets an irrelevant answer LOL!
              I said it was a he ? Oops! It must be my Christian teachings coming back from childhood ! LOL

Typical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you have no proof of your assertions, you should not divulge them.  I respectfully asked you to backup your claim, now you are insulting me by telling me that my inquiry is irrelevent.  You seem to erroneously hold your absurd beliefs to be self-evident.  I can assure you, they are not.

So you telling me my comment was irrelevant is not an insult as well then ?
                  And what is my claim ? I'm not claiming anything ! I'm giving my opinion. I'm sure I'm free enough to do that. Or are there different kind of members in this site ?

It is your right, absolutely, as everyone else's, to state your opinion.  It is also everyone else's right to question your opinion.  Suffice it to say that I, respectfully, dismiss your opinion as pure conjecture.

2. profile image55

Or, it proves he doesn't exist. wink

That depends on what you believe. I believe in God, but not in Religion.

1. profile image55

Do you believe in everything that can't be seen?

Of course, if gods can't be seen, how can you believe in them?

It's called Faith. And it's personal. If you don't believe in Faith, I can't do anything about it ! LOL

1. profile image55

Faith is something not difficult to believe as it presents itself everywhere in various forms. I have faith the earth will be here when I wake up tomorrow morning.

So, in other words, you have faith a god exists even though no one has ever seen him or is able to see him.

That isn't just faith, my friend. wink

13. Cagsil profile image70

Life did not come from non-life. WOW! Where do people come up with this garbage. hmm

1. Ashmi profile image61

Has science proved that life comes from non-life? First of all we would have to define what life is, don't you think?

I believe they have created amino acids with electricity and a "primordial soup" concoction.

1. Ashmi profile image61

In the very chemical elements there must be life. Science has not denied this.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Actually, science has proven life comes from life. Maybe it is you who is misunderstanding what science says, because your view is skewed by your religion.

Life? Define it? I can for myself and do not require anyone else to define it for me. Just in case, it is YOU who should be defining your own life and not waiting around for others to do it for you. roll

1. Ashmi profile image61

You know nothing about my life. But I know you better than you know yourself. Why you think you have to be the bully I know very well. Do yourself a favour and stop thinking you have to defend yourself all the time.

You're too funny. I do not need to know anything about your life. I can see it in the words you use to talk. I would have thought that was obvious, but then again, those who have a religious view are skewed anyways.
            I am not defending myself. If you see it that way, it is because your view is skewed, as I said above.

Life did not come from non-life. Life came from Life. Science has proven, with evolution that the damn planet itself is a life form.

If you cannot grasp that concept, but can grasp the concept of god? Shows quite a bit about you. roll

1. Ashmi profile image61

If you actually read what I wrote above you will see that I said that ALL IS ALIVE!.....it is you who are saying one thing and then another.

Something must be wrong with this 'Cagsil' ,man / woman.I'm still in doubt.. I'm new, I don't know. He/she's picking fights everywhere !lol

Picking fights?

WOW! You must be desperate for attention. roll

@Ash,

Just to let you know, when you have been here longer, it is the religious people who claim LIFE came from dirt or nothing?

Should you have faith or belief in god, then you are seen as a religious person. Regardless of what you say. Any belief in god is part of religion.

Had religion not been corrupted, and seen for what the written works are for in the first place and then discern the truth from it. It would have obviously brought humanity to a different place then it is now/presently.

I am not saying one thing and then another. hmm

2. Ashmi profile image61

And for your info...I have no religion. Making sweeping statements is not going to take you very far. Try to contribute instead of trying to pick a fight.

You claim to be of no religion?

Interesting, yet you're arguing about religious views?

Nice of you to live a contradictory life. Enjoy!

1. Ashmi profile image61

I am neither a politician..but I can still debate politics!

I am sure you could try to debate politics too, however, you would be not be any good at it. lol

14. Cagsil profile image70

Well said Shadesbreath! smile

TY kind sir.

You're quite welcome. smile

15. Cagsil profile image70

Adding.....faith in god is a religious view and a religion, just in case, you did not know. Sorry, but add this afterward. But, still enjoy. hmm

16. ediggity profile image59
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Gender doesn't apply.  GOD is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

1. profile image49

Hi friend ediggity

But Jesus was neither Alpha nor Omega.

Thanks

1. ediggity profile image59
        ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What's your point?  I said GOD.  Jesus was the son of GOD.

1. SuperDooperBoii profile image58
          SuperDooperBoiiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

jzuz is GOD...!!!!!!

full stop!!!!!!

the more u question religion...the more u question ur faith!!!!!

There is no god.

If you are speaking of the god of any religious bible. Presently, in today's society, if you actually listen to people talk, they talk about not my god, maybe your god and this and that.

Apparently, those who believe god exists, either believes in ONE god or they believe in a personal god.

Yet, these same people, especially Christians(and it's sister religions), claim to understand Jesus Christ. Who they claim is GOD in the flesh?? Christ wasn't even Jesus' last name, because he did have a last name. It wasn't until Christianity was born.

When the truth of the matter is that his teachings were not that of religion, because he knew religion's god as false. There is a reason why Jesus keep telling people to focus inward.

It was so each person would be GOD in their own damn life. Meaning, they are in complete control of it. Every aspect!

Before you start jumping on other people about what they say. It might be helpful if you knew their background on the topic of the conversation. Mine is in the study of religious doctrine and I am sorry to tell you that they are FALSE in every aspect.

Just my thoughts. But, do try and have a great day! wink

2. ediggity profile image59

No. Jesus is one part of GOD trilogy, he is the son.

17. Cagsil profile image70

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

18. lightning john profile image60
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

If God came to earth as an asexual astronout, would you still have faith? Or just try to destroy God with weapons of mass destruction.

dont be making jokes out of this...!!!!

1. lightning john profile image60
        lightning johnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Easy boy!   You must go through toothbrushes like a MoFo
                            Dang!

19. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I think god is a figment of imagination. smile

ure a very pittyful person.............evry1 needs a religion.....but athesism is not an option!!!!!!!

better hold ur tongue b4 u speak!!!!!

ure the type of person whos confused and leaves out the thot that maybe just maybe theres actually a GOD!!!!!

even if its just imagination ...than it shall live on forever!!!!

20. waynet profile image69

Like a bad transvestite?

21. lightning john profile image60
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

I just asked a question!  Anything is possible!

22. waynet profile image69

Like a shemale?

1. lightning john profile image60
      lightning johnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

eUREKA!  You solved the mystery!

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Halleluja! praise the she-men!

23. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 13 years ago

If God was female, he wouldn't be called our heavenly father.

1. profile image49

Jesus was never one.

Thanks

24. profile image55
    (Q)posted 13 years ago

Maybe god is a hermaphrodite?

25. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

I even don't know what is God smile

26. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Good day to ya  Shadesbreath   
    Sad as it is; I am not very good at expressing my self as well as I would like to think.
      I think that the tree analogy does work;though my point might have been better directed at another human.

One person might look at that other person and see only bones and flesh.
       A second person may see the persons personality or at least the perseption that this person desires to project outwardly for others to believe himself to be.
      We then see this person as depicted in his dress code, hair style, shoes etc.
       A third person may look into the others eyes and see hurt, fear, shame, pride, humbleness etc.  We can look into a person's essence of being or their soul if we want to use this word. 
       Science can not see these inward qualities.
      There are many areas or dimensions  that science as a group or we as individuals do not have the vision to see.
       We have to imagine the possibility of something  "being" before we can see that it was there all of the time.

I agree that our imagination of it being there does not make it so. But ignoring the possibility of something being there does not send it into nonexistence either.
       A truly open mind never closes.

Just a simple mans way of looking at life.
    May not work for some?  But I'm confortable with it.

GrandPa always told me to save myself a lot of time and trouble by looking for the simple answers first before I get carried away looking for technical answers.

I grew up on a ranch, surrounded by animals domestic and wild.  I have seen fear in their eyes, sinister intent in coyotes, panic in cattle, deer, cats, etc.  I have seen shame in the eyes of a dog caught peeing on the rug.  Humility in dogs too.  Pride in cats and horses and bulls. Love and defiance in a cow protecting a calf, lowing for a calf that has been weaned, a long and mournful call, a chorus of them when the season came to wean the whole herd, filling the hours of a new dawn with bovine sorrow.

Is that "soul" or is that "animal behavior" only?  Does emotion only count if it's human.  Articulate and self aware?

Yes, it's the "imagine" part that prevents me from "faith."  It seems unreasonable to me to have faith in what I imagine.  That takes me back to the points I was making with our Peaceful Muslim friend.

Your GrandPa was a wise man. I'm just not sure that advice translates to the metaphysics of god as well as it does to matters more mundane. I'd be surprised if that's what he meant.

27. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

god spelt backwards is dog and

dogs are both

just a deep thought.

Haha, I miss the deep thoughts from SNL. big_smile

28. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

G-d is not human and is human, non-gendered and gendered. Why ascribe gender or attributes to a Paradox?

29. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

If god was a woman there would be no debate about her existence as she would never have been able to keep her mouth shut... so god must be a man..... hehehehehehe..

Also, have you ever known a woman to forgive?? They always want to get even!!!!

Sorry girls.....

if god was a woman, men would be women

1. LeanMan profile image79
        LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If god was a woman, then it would have taken more than 7 days to create heaven and earth...

First day deciding what to wear,
        Second day going shopping for new outfit,
        Third day changing the new outfit as it was too small (size label was wrong - this make always comes up small..)
        Forth day getting her hair and nails done...
        Day 5... makeup..

etc...

you're really a man because you can't even get past day 5

day 6 go to spa and get a body scrub
          day 7 have a facial/go to derma
          day 8 pretend to have a headache

You admit it then.... you women always "pretend to have a headache"

our biology ensures we do not get pregnant every year and die an early death to leave the childcare to men.

I though it was the headache that stopped you getting pregnant every year....

Children need care????

i'm very disappointed in the way the humor factor is spiraling down.

If god was a woman the world would be a perfect place.....

(is that better??)

30. Jerami profile image58

I was just saying that everyone sees different things when looking at the same thing.
      We can not prove that we see shame in the dogs eyes when caught peeing on the rug. Or the fear and panic in the cattle’s eyes when the wolves come near. Some people would not have seen or heard these things. But only noise.
      Though we can believe that we saw and heard these things, We can not scientifically prove that what we believe we saw and heard is real.   
       I wasn't attempting to prove that God  or a soul exists.
       All that I was saying is that there will always be more in life than we are able to see, smell, touch and hear.

There will always be something just out side of our grasp for seeing or understanding.
    There will always be reason for searching for something not yet found

In that, I think we are in total agreement.  There will always be something more we don't know (or at least, I can't conceive of a place where we've learned absolutely everything.)  I guess it just comes down to how people want to view the unknown, as "stuff that's not known" or as "something 'greater' than us."  I wish we didn't have to die to know which.

As I said earlier I sometimes do not express myself as intended.

All that I was trying to say was, Both the religious faithful and the scientific minded seem to overstate the level of proof that the evidence presented actually establishes.
           Some times the evidence or lack there of does not prove what we want to think that it does.

Sorry about the delay in my responses. 
        While attempting to follow these conversations this morning, I tuned up a car, Cut up, seasoned and put a turkey in the BBQ smoker.  I stock up on them during the hollidays when they are cheep.  Makes great summertime outdoor cooking.

Dang dude, I'm bringing my truck over to your house around lunch time then.

And I agree with you that some people on either side tend to think they KNOW something.  Like I just mentioned to Cags, the only thing I KNOW is that nobody knows until they croak.  The rest of it just FEELS like certainty, and we draw comfort from that whichever side of the line (or right on the line) we fall.

You've communicated very well, btw, I am sometimes slow to pick out the nuances of things so, that's probably mostly me.  I appreciate your candor and your pleasant, respectful views very much.

I just read all about Christoph Rielly From Deep South.
            I tink I knowd im..  Naw dat ant tru, I midda ben im a whil bak yaunder.

31. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Shades, - " I wish we didn't have to die to know which" - after each person who has lived, dies and loses consciousness, won't be aware of anything else anyways. I guess that is the point of valuing life and the supposed fear of death. Death is so final, at which, nothing else can be learned. hmm

Whether you are right or wrong it doesn't matter much?

My beliefs are not making me sad so I'm going to keep um and keep thinking happy thoughts about it.

And I'm not goina throw rocks at people that believe diffrently.  And as far as I am concerned; If you( anyone) are happy in your beliefs, that is all that is important. And I am happy for your happiness.

Hey Jerami,

I was talking to Shadesbreath. Secondly, you want to believe in a god, be my guest, all you do and will do, is what I said.

You will waste your life, thinking you are in a better position than others. You'll even defend your belief, probably to the point, if necessary, to kill others.

However, I will sacrifice my life, for any single person on the planet and not for a god, but because I love all human beings.

Can you say that? Does your faith in god allow you to truly love everyone else? If not, then you're that dog, and you are barking up the wrong tree.

But, thank you for the input.

1. ediggity profile image59

A man once said:

"That is irrelevant in a public forum thread. But, have a great day!"

roll

2. Jerami profile image58

Actually if you don't know me by now yoy wont never never know me....... 
            You said...You will waste your life, thinking you are in a better position than others. 
          ================= 
            Now dat jus ant rit.  I'm a wishin I was in a hep better shap din whad I got.    I ant been blessed wid stuf likin mos folks hs got.  had ta start all over too much agin in my lif causin tha mistakes I dun had

Only ting I be havin left when I get ta tha end o tha road is what I be havin lef in my hade.  Iffin I got any of dat left I be countin my sef ahead ah da gam

I didn't sa dat ...Christoph Rielly did

Hah!  I totally forgot about that hub.  That's funny.  Nice to know it got another read. That's like an antique from another hubpage age.  That is such a contagious voice, ain't it?

Yea .. sometimes I fall back on it here on the HB.

Grandpa had a lot of wisdom... He came across just a little bit like that.  Not so much Cajun more hillbilly.

Seems ta me like you shouldn't be misunderstood when speaking down at that basic level. 
                 But then some folks don't take it like dat.

2. Shadesbreath profile image76

Here's the thing for me on that, Cags.  You know how you and I refuse to buy the god story without proof?  I think we're on the same page there, might be wrong, but I think we are.  It's a "prove it or shut it" sort of approach.  lol.  We demand certainty before we believe, yes?

So, for me, the same goes for there being "nothing else can be learned" after death. I'll grant and agree with you that we have no proof of anything after death.  But, we don't have any proof that there is not either, so, while I doubt there is anything, I can't be certain either.  That's why, for me, I have to settle for "I wish I didn't have to die to know" because, frankly, that's the ONLY way any of us KNOW for sure.  In the meantime, people just argue a lot.

Hey Shadesbreath,

You might want or need proof that god exists or that there can be life after death or something after death exists, however, I do not claim to need more proof of these things.

I have accepted the reality of it. When consciousness no longer exists, then I no longer exist. When death comes, it ends consciousness. It doesn't take you to a higher level of consciousness, such as mystics like to believe.

I do not need proof god exists. I KNOW my life is in my control and that is the reality of what happens in my life.

Speculating, if something comes after- was something that I did for a number of years, while testing religion's doctrines. Which, are the same in all religions(at least the major three) and realized it is impossible for any human being to accomplish.

Again, people are more than welcome to believe whatever they want to believe. I see it as them not accepting full responsibility of for their life and it is the facts.

Religion and it's rules/doctrines, are not defined properly, so people are forced to use "faith" to fill in the spaces. Hence, a "leap of faith", because there is no proof in existence.

Those who claim the "bible" or what have you is proof is beyond reason, caught up in the twisted meanings, so others can keep them under control. Thus, relieving them of any responsibility and festers selfishness.

The only thing I can compare it to is this- if you have a fish bowl with a fish in it, then put that heat under it, and slowly heat up the water....then you can kill the fish, without knowing it is in danger.

32. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I can't go with we don't know what happens after death entirely Shadebreath.

To be aware or conscious that we are, requires blood to flow.
    We know the brain holds conscious and subconscious thought that require an impulse to fire.

When that firing cannot take place we cease to be conscious. No consciousness no life would seem a reasonable conclusion.

The life we had must then be passed on to compost and in that way we never die.
    When I die just call me worm food! smile

You are probably right, Earnestshub.  I would say that on a strictly empirical basis, you are correct.  You and Cagsil both.  I would call that position one pole.  The god fans are the other pole.  Both poles have "certainty" claiming to "know" that there IS or IS NOT some state or another after death.  You and Cags say there is NO state after death.  Worm food.  Religious people say there are scads of virgins waiting for us, or eternal fields of bliss, angels and harps, reincarnation, etc.  All I'm saying is neither side actually KNOWS anything.  They assemble evidence, either empirical or from a holy book and stories, and make a "conclusion" based on that evidence.  They derive "certainty" from the evidence at hand.  Can't blame them.  I however, have not found enough evidence to prove that the energy that animates us absolutely, and completely vanishes.  I'm not saying that it doesn't vanish. Our memories are stored in our cellular material. As far as we can tell anyway.  And that's good enough for me.  But that does not exclude from at least plausibility some mechanism that we do not know about by which some imprint or cognitive code can change the energy that animates us and that something might happen to it.  Or something else, something I have not the imagination to conceive, much less describe.  I'll grant that it seems totally unlikely, but I do not have the evidence to disprove it entirely.  To do so, in my opinion is to be too proud and too certain of how smart our little monkey brains are. I think it is a mistake to be "certain" of anything that can't be verified.

1. Ashmi profile image61

You cannot destroy energy. It cannot vanish, only be transformed into another form, subtle or gross.

Science cannot explain the inner world of consciousness, thoughts and feelings. It does not know where they come from, nor where they go. They are playing with the theory that memories continue in some God knows where world. This is what mystics call the memory body.

When the body disintegrates, it's personality is gone for good. It's energy (chemical elements) once again merges with the ONE ENERGY source. The mind however is also energy, and it too merges with space, only to be used by another body....but the person is dead and gone for good.

I'm with you for the most part.  You start to lose me with terms like "ONE ENERGY" and even the assumption "only to be used by another body."  That falls into the can't be verified thing, or else requires some qualifications and definitions of "body" etc. I don't need the qualifications and definitions; I know what the most common variations are - just saying definitions are required to keep the conversation from wandering back into something unverifiable.   

Faith and Belief are the terms used for a reason.  If anyone knew for certain, well, then they wouldn't call it "faith" and "belief." Some people are just absolutely determined not to admit they have no idea, for sure, what happens. Which is totally cool.  I wish I had certainty. So, for those who do have it, regardless of how different it is from the certainty of the other people who also claim to have it, I'm happy for them all.  Even jealous.

1. Ashmi profile image61

By One energy I mean that all must come from One source. Out of this Primordial Being everything emanates. The highest human reason and intuition agrees that behind all manifestation there must be but One!

This One is the only Reality as it does not depend on anything for it's existence. It has always been and will never end. Whatever comes out of it must contain the elements of their source which must be inherent in the One. Whatever we want to call it: God, Nature, Energy, The Supreme Being etc etc.

I believe where science errs is in the belief that consciousness is a by product of matter where in fact it may be the other way round or that Consciousness is inherent in matter. It does not depend on a brain but the brain is dependent on consciousness.

1. profile image55

It really is fascinating watching the video and pondering the mind of the woo-woo, always obsessing about their pet theories, placing insignificance as a priority and never really understanding that which they profess.

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64

consciousness is remembered through the existence of matter. matter is energy's memory.

Messages are encoded on radio waves (energy). Radios (matter) play the messages.  If there is no radio does that mean there is no message?

Consciousness may be an "us" message on energy that is played by the meat radio of our brains.

2. Ashmi profile image61

That's one way of putting it yes. However: there is no evidence to suggest Consciousness is limited to one individual. Personal consciousness is dependent on the instrument of it's expression but it is very possible that it is just one part of "Universal Consciousness" which is undefinable as it includes everything.

agree

33. Froggy213 profile image63
    Froggy213posted 13 years ago

It is all really simple. We are made up of energy, and energy never dies-just may go to a "different zone".

Just my opinion--but doesn't it make sense?

34. Cagsil profile image70

I'll let your reply stand for itself. And leave it at that. If you do not know why? Then you can ponder it. hmm

Ifin you be talkin ta me I dun pondered it.
        Twernt dat hard.
      do we be frends sommo  ?

35. Jerami profile image58

Some times God is nothing  more than instincts.

Imagine being lost out in the woods. And then a  blizzard moves in. Temperature drops to zero with  25 mile per hour wind gusts. Now you are all turned around. Can’t see 5 feet in front of ya.
       You have no idea which direction to go.

35 minutes later when your legs are about to quit working   ya come up over the hill to smell that sweet fragrance of  hickory burning in tha fireplace.

When ya hear that this was the only house within a 10 mile radius ya know ya done good ta  follow your instincts.

Ok ...I'm goina get rid of that Christoph Rielly fella

36. Ashmi profile image61
    Ashmiposted 13 years ago

The claim that "my life is in my control" is false.

All is interconnected. Both science and mysticism agree on this. This implies that when one thing changes everything changes. We are all conditioned by "outside" influences. Our environment to a large extent is responsible for what we choose. Our personal effort is just one link, in a long chain of causation.

It may appear that we as individuals are free to choose, but in reality it is our fears and desires of the moment that decide what we do next. Conditioned by many factors external to ourselves.

People like to think they are in control because they fear the unknown. Their sense of identity is threatened as well as the concept of meaningful action becomes pointless. It is all down to interpreting fantasy for facts. Imagination for reality.

37. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 13 years ago

the real question is...... can a hubber be both god and goddess

1. Ashmi profile image61

Of course they can......There is only ONE and out of that One emanates everything else. Division and separation is imposed by the mind. Whatever is of the mind is not real but imaginary.

38. Cagsil profile image70

roll

39. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

God is God; why to express Him in He or She? Please don't bring Him to human level.

Thanks

40. profile image0
    LogicalSparkposted 13 years ago

Representing God a as female seems to a better representation of God.Women are associated with birth & creation - an important attribute of God.
    In fact, in Hindu folklore God is considered to be an amalgamation of Male & female principles called Ardhnareshwar (Half-woman Lord)

41. mrpopo profile image72
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

Male and female are just human categories for gender. Some species don't have genders, or have only one gender. My guess is that God is a combination of all of these factors (along with many that we don't even know about). Limiting him to male or female seems to personify him too much, which is incorrect when we take into account the variety in other species.

My guess would be that he is something more, something that you cannot classify by the genders of male or female.

42. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 13 years ago

It's language. Often times a gender was assigned to a particular word in the language. For instance La Ventana, window, feminine gender; In translation then the gender becomes the word he or she. Of course as the window created nothing, and said nothing... Case in point, someone trying to tell you about this window might say "She is broken" Not it is broken, because they have no word for "it".

1. profile image49

Hi friend Faybe Bay

I agree with you. Have you any thoughts as to why the languages have genders for the still life as male, female or neutral.

Thanks

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
        Faybe Bayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In reality I have no clue. I was told that soft was generally a requisite for feminine, hard for masculine. I have also been told it have too do with shape, or aparatus. Windows did not used to close, doors did. Window would be open open is soft, soft is feminine.
        Door was masculine, doors close, hard, masculine.

La Pluma, used to be feathers (plumes) were pens. Plumes were soft so pen is feminine. Peso was made of metal (oro is gold also metal) Metal is hard, masculine.

That all makes sense, but whether that is the truth is not within my scope of knowledge.

1. profile image49

Thanks

43. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 13 years ago

Read Valis, the Divine Invasion (this one talks about it more) and Transmigration of Timothy Archer....

Theory is that god basically splits himself, and that the female god has been gone, but will eventually come back.

God is male though.  Think about it.  Males pump and dump... females wait around and nurture their creation.  God is a man.

44. DYLAN CLEARFIELD profile image65
    DYLAN CLEARFIELDposted 13 years ago

God is pure spirit - no gender there.

45. Hub Llama profile image62
    Hub Llamaposted 13 years ago

Since all religions view God as omnipotent, then that means that he/she/it can be whatever they want to be.

So, the real question is does God want to be a man and a woman, either, neither, or both?

If you could be anything, wouldn't you be something cooler?

There is an old philosophy thing about being all powerful that goes, "Can God make a rock that he cannot lift?"

It's a trap! Because if he can't make one, then he/she is not all powerful because there is something she/he can't do. If he/she/they can make one, then again, not all powerful because there can be something that she/he/we/I/you/ya'll can't lift.

A philosophy major once explained to me how the whole premise of the question is BS, but I don't remember why.

Llama out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)