What is the most funniest experience you had in a movie theater?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)
  1. profile image0
    MrMidNightposted 13 years ago

Mine, when the theater was packed, and two people were squeezing by some dude in the 3rd row below me, his response, oh no, no, no, BUTT IN MY FACE, BUTT IN MY FACE!!!!!!! The whole theater was LAUGHING THEIR FAO...

1. profile image0
      VenomsEdgeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL yeah that is funny, one of mine was when somebody farted like it was thunder and lighting outside everybody in the theater was looking around and no it wasn't me, HAHAHAHA, really it wasn't....

2. Shinkicker profile image53
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ALIENS: When Sigourney Weaver walked into the Queen's nest, the audience went quiet, then someone made a farting noise.

Cracked me up

But I'll laugh at anything :-)

3. TheQuestion profile image58
      TheQuestionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

this hottie tried to go down on
      oh wait
      sorry
      you said funniest
      not freakiest
      sorry
      never mind
      carry on
      as you were

1. N.E. Wright profile image71
        N.E. Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL. LOL.

2. Gilbert Smith profile image60
    Gilbert Smithposted 13 years ago

Whenever I go to see a showing of an older movie like It's a Wonderful Life or Rear Window, there's always a couple of idiots there who have no idea they bought tickets to a movie made before they were born, and they always make snide, confused comments until I have to turn around and tell them to shut the hell up. After which, they usually leave (and probably ask for their money back).

Uh... not really all that funny, I guess.

3. Bill Yovino profile image86
    Bill Yovinoposted 13 years ago

This happened nearly forty years ago. I was taking Judo lessons and a friend from the class and I decided to go to a Martial Arts film that was playing in the next town.  I am white and my classmate was black. We went to a theater in a predominately black area.

We entered the the lobby and we split up. My friend went to wait on the concession line and I went to get the seats.  The theater was filled to capacity so I waited in my seat facing the back of the theater waiting for my friend. He entered from the lobby and I stood up and waved to him so he would know where we were sitting.

As he made his way down the aisle, he was laughing so hard that he dropped one of the sodas. I asked him what was so funny. "You didn't have to wave, you're the only white face in the building"

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  that's too funny!!  big_smile

4. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Many years ago in Scotland with my new wife watching the painfully drawn out emotional hogwash that is 'Love Story' - at some point in the seemingly hours long dying scene the audience was so quiet you could hear a tear dropping, I couldn't stand it any longer and manufactured a long drawn out sob, and the theatre erupted in tears !!  enough to almost cover my hysterical laughter.

5. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

My funniest experience was during the 1970's and my sister and I had walked to the neighborhood theater to see a Benji movie.  The theater was fairly full and the balcony was open so for the first time we were able to go upstairs and were even lucky enough to get front row seats above the loaded theater - a mere foot from the railing.

I was probably about 8-9 and my sister was a year older.  She had her candy and I had my popcorn, which I set down on the flat part of the railing right in front of where I stood and the round part (above the flat part) held it in place.  The lights went down and the previews started.  My sister couldn't see since my popcorn was set in front of her so I reached out to pick it up.  The movie theater went dark in between previews and my fingers made contact with the popcorn container.

I jumped up to try and catch my popcorn but it was too late.  When I looked over the balcony I saw all those fluffy yellow kernels (with 'extra' real butter) land in the laps of several people who immediately looked up to see who had thrown their popcorn away!  I almost dropped my drink on them in my rush to sit back down and not get caught!! 

I felt so guilty!!  But I was lucky - other people in the balcony came to my rescue and told the ushers it was an accident, so I didn't get kicked out!  big_smile

6. a-funny profile image58
    a-funnyposted 13 years ago

it's look like very nasty but this is true and it happen with me when am at theater last 2 months, am fart and very lounder so people look at me and they laugh at me. I am the last one who have to go out of the theater (I don't want anybody see my face)

7. jonathan t profile image60
    jonathan tposted 13 years ago

I went to see the dreadful "King Arthur" when it first came out. I knew it was going to suck, but I wanted to go anyway because I've always been fascinated by Arthuriana. And I wanted to see the supposed "new historical developments critics agreed on." Well, I went with my friend who was studying medieval lit in a phd program. So from the get go, she was bagging on all the historical inaccuracies and deviations from the stories and of course at how skimpy and slutty Keira Knightly's costume was. It was the funniest time I've ever had at the theatre. I'm sure everyone hated her and us for "ruining" the film. But really, how could someone ruin that drivel??

8. Sab Oh profile image57
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

"funny" or "fun"?

9. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Yeah I'm sure I've Seen THAT GUY in the Trenchcoat Before... hmm

At the movies we just pointed and Laughed! yikes

10. Eemaan profile image60
    Eemaanposted 13 years ago

When to see a children's animated movie and a mother was seated in front of me with her 7 or 8 year old daughter. She proceeded to tell her offspring EXACTLY what was happening on-screen frame-to-frame. Oh, look at the hippo walking funny. Oh, did you see that cute giraffe. (Mind you, the child could see and hear everything perfectly clearly because every few minutes or so, she'd roll her eyes at her mother or simply exclaim one of the following: Mom, it's right there. Yes, I know. Uhuh. *Sigh* Yes. Mhmm, he's cute.)

11. Sunny_S profile image60
    Sunny_Sposted 13 years ago

A friend walked by while i was getting a BJ from a girl. I've been embarassed since lol smile

12. Rick Bailey profile image60
    Rick Baileyposted 13 years ago

It was a first date with a really cute girl. As we walked out of the movie to the parking lot, I spotted my car. Being a gentleman, I unlocked her door (no auto-unlockers then), and she got inside. As I walked around to my side, the alarm went off. I froze like a man who just found out he's getting audited. Why? Because my car didn't have an alarm. This car was identical to mine in every way, model, year, color, and the keys. Being a quick thinker, I calmly walked back to her side, and motioned for the girl to get out. She had a quizzed look on her face, and I explained it wasn't my car, but that mine was a few rows over. Like Bill Murray leaving the golf course in Caddyshack, we slinked away as that car alarm blared for another minute. Twitter me @lacomedywriter.

1. Sunny_S profile image60
      Sunny_Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ahahahahah

13. Deni Edwards profile image75
    Deni Edwardsposted 13 years ago

When I was about 12, I thought it would be fun to throw bologna during the movie.  My friend and I bought a package of bologna, sat in the back of the theatre, and tossed it into the crowd like it was a frisbee.  It was pretty funny when it would land on a head.  They would stand up, shake their heads and hair, and look back wondering who the culprits were.

14. anonimuzz profile image59
    anonimuzzposted 13 years ago

I have nothing too fancy to share. My silliest experience was watching a 3d movie with a very bad pair of 3d glasses and thinking that I had suddenly got some vision problem. I spent ten minutes putting and taking out the glasses to see if my "eye problem" was just temporary, until my brother took the glasses out of my hands, put them on himself and told me that the glasses were messed up, not my eyes. I really felt a very smart guy after that one. Aside from that, nothing, really, besides one occasion where I went to the movies alone, but arrived a bit late and the movie had already started. When I finally found out, in the darkness, where was my seat, I managed to step on the toes of everyone in my row before I could occupy my spot. I'm glad no one tried to kill me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)