do you cook?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (58 posts)
  1. lauren03 profile image51
    lauren03posted 13 years ago

if yes, what food do you cook the most often?

1. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

English and Italian style meals mostly. When I cook if I can I like to use fruit and vegetables that are in season locally.

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, but not every night..
      we take turns.

I usually use veggies, chicken or fish, stir fry, grains like couscous or brown rice, millet. during the summer, more salads and fish, something light.

btw, welcome and I like your avatar!

lauren03posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh thank you smile i like your avatar too smile

3. nathaniel86 profile image54
      nathaniel86posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no! i don't like cooking! hmm

4. nifty@50 profile image68
      nifty@50posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like to cook Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Italian and regular American type of food which is what I cook most often. The reason I cook American type meals is because of time constraints and watching calories!

5. profile image0
      Contriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep...it's one of my favorite things to do.  I usually go for the classics like mac and cheese, pot roast.  But lately I've been recipie searching and trying new recipies.  One of my future business ventures will be to open a small catering company.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Yes, I do cook. However, there isn't anything specific that I make more often. smile

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Yes..... Toast with your Marmite? hmm

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marmite?????????????

Bl**dy NZ'ers........................ lol

4. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

asian foods

lauren03posted 13 years agoin reply to this

like what? smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

Yes, all kinds of stuff-- but not big on baking or desserts.

6. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Everyday... Lots of steak and potatos....

7. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

I just purchased the Donner Party cookbook.  Can't wait to try some recipes.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad I don't live in Arizona......

8. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Yes I do cook. And my cooking style is for those who enjoy the Hot & Spicy recipes. I have a few of them on Hubpages and plan top add more.

9. maven101 profile image72
    maven101posted 13 years ago

Cooking is my passion...There are so many great cooks here on HubPages that offer recipes everyday...
    I prepare Portuguese and Irish dinners I inherited from my two wonderful grandmothers...They used to get together and create a fusion of the two cuisines...I continue with that theme in my own original cooking...Larry

10. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

My hobby involves cooking's more amiable and gratifying cousin.. eating

11. lender3212000 profile image60
    lender3212000posted 13 years ago

Does calling for takeout count?

1. caroline22 profile image57
      caroline22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no lol the question is what food do you cook, not calling for takeout

12. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years ago

Yes I do. I usually cook vegetable rice with salad and cheese chilly.

13. telltale profile image61
    telltaleposted 13 years ago

Yes, I do cook, and only on certain occasions.  Mostly will be Western dishes like Ribs, and sometimes Asian dishes like Curry.  It is more a passion to me than a vocation, and I have been 'warned' about the amount of work I have to put in if I decide to open a Restaurant.. smile

14. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 13 years ago

Yes I do.  I like to try different things.  Sometimes it can be a challenge to please two growing children and a Scottish husband with healthy foods.  If they had their way we would have chips everyday!

I found that the best way to get them to try new foods is in restaurants.  A couple of weeks ago I took them to a seafood restaurant, where they didn't sell anything but seafood (mostly raw!)  They ended up tasting everything... and they loved it!!!

Now it is them asking me to take them back there!

15. akirchner profile image92
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

I live, therefore I cook! I generally cook every week across the board internationally as I like to keep Bob enjoying my cooking - so one night maybe Mexican, another Italian, and then another maybe Asian - but I pepper in there lots of vegetarian or American/English dishes as well. I also do all my cooking as 'light' as I can so I am perpetually trying new recipes such as baked egg rolls or baked flautas - then will do a skinless oven baked 'fried' chicken and maybe a white bean and kale soup.  I generally have at least 5-6 recipes mapped out that I want to try per week and I find that that keeps me 'honest', using up ingredients and creating a variety of different foods so it's not always same old, same old.  On the days when I don't want to cook though - Bob to the rescue....steaks on the barbie or hamburger sliders!

16. kerryg profile image82
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

I cook a lot, mostly pasta dishes, rice dishes, and soups, because these are the types of foods that turn out tastiest with the least effort.

Lately I am also finally getting a little better at Asian-style stir fries, too, which makes me very happy. I crave broccoli like most people crave steak. smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I HATE cooking. I do it every day to save money. I find it a waste of time but it saves so much money, I have to do that. I do it very healthy: no saturated fat, no overcooking, lots of spices in it. But I still hate the process. I would never-ever cook for myself only. Well, may be I am just tired of it. But I agree with Greek One: the process of eating is the best.

17. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I'm not a fan of cooking.  Not a big fan of most foods.  Don't want to spend my precious minutes on Earth mucking with food, thinking about food, talking about food,  or generally directing my energies at food.  If there's a holiday I'll cook because someone needs to, and sometimes I'll make something for someone else.  Generally - no.

18. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

A good steak...you can't beat a good steak, except with a stick and even that's just a waste!

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

watch out for wayne, he carries a BIG stick !!!!! lol (just kidding!)

19. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

I do and we love all kinds of soup. Soup and salad, Awesome!

20. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I love a man that can cook... I on the other hand... can catch watch on fire!

1. daniel0365 profile image57
      daniel0365posted 13 years agoin reply to this

really? well i can cook for you lol

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
        Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok.... i'm hungry  wink

1. william22 profile image56
          william22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i know also how  to cook lol what food you like? wink

21. Taj_Babii profile image60
    Taj_Babiiposted 13 years ago

Anything! I love to learn new recipes, and I love cooking, it's so therapeutic.

22. wytegarillaz profile image59
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

Love to cook a roast on the open fire , or bacon, eggs for breakfast, make potato bake , cauliflower bake and lots more.
    My husband makes a gret stir fry/garlic prawns etc!

23. mod2vint profile image59
    mod2vintposted 13 years ago

Not if it takes more than 15 mins of my time! wink

24. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

I don't like to cook but my husband does and he cooks much better than I do.

25. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

I cook meat on the grill, and maybe some vegetables if they are doused in copious amounts of butter and garlic.  Unless it's a kabob, that gets a teriyaki pass.

26. _cheryl_ profile image83
    _cheryl_posted 13 years ago

I do! Anything from, chicken fettuccine, steak & baked potatoes, kung pao chiken, chocolate fudge brownies w/extra walnuts of course! lasagne, chicken enchiladas with spanish rice and beans, fried chicken, baked chicken, pasta salad, lumpia's, breakfast casserole with hashed browns/bacon/eggs, broccoli beef, homemade mac'n cheese and biscuits, pancakes w/ bacon cooked inside them, hamburger soup, chicken vegetable soup, pot roast, meatloaf, lemon chicken, chicken fried rice....I guess I cook more chicken than anything lol! My family LOVES to eat! smile

27. Bloget profile image59
    Blogetposted 13 years ago

Very little... ;-(

28. McConnell Group profile image68
    McConnell Groupposted 13 years ago

I keep my girlfriend out of the kitchen, for my safety. So yup, I cook smile

29. Chaotic Chica profile image61
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

Hehe~I have come to love cooking.  Not all the time, I don't like when it feels like a chore but more often than not I enjoy that sense of satisfaction gained from making my family a healthy from-scratch meal.
    I have Spanish roots so I like to make spicy dishes with rice, veggies, and usually chicken or pork.  They usually contain some form of cheese and/or peppers, too!
    I also grew up in an Italian family so I'm prone to making garlic and oregano infused dishes with lots of carbs in the form of pastas and breads.  I make a mean stuffed chicken parmesan dish that has become my signature dish for pot lucks or big family get-togethers.  The next family favorite is spinach-lasagna roll ups.  Both of these take hours to complete but they are so worth it!

30. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I do cook a heck of a lot of variety of differing meals, yet being an Aussie, still cannot go past a great old BBQ in summer. BBQ T-bone steaks, snags (what we call sausages), onions, chicken, tomatoes, fish.......yummm roll on Summer !!!!!!

31. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

Yes sure, I do cook, every day! Usually I do the pasta, barley and emmer. And I do many  vegetables!

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love to cook, baking especially, I cook food from every land and continent but always tilt the tang and spiciness to my taste. As my kids are poor eaters I experiment and come up with new dishes all the time.
      I love making the different kind of breads, this is what i am experimenting with right now.
      I cook my best when I know I have good eaters who will compliment my cooking by polishing off their plates.  That is not my husband , but when my brothers are with me I am at my cooking best!!

32. bingskee profile image60
    bingskeeposted 13 years ago

yes, i do cook. simple Filipino dishes. when i have ample time, i cook with gusto. :-)

33. wildorangeflower profile image59
    wildorangeflowerposted 13 years ago

I like to cook morning noon and night time.

34. profile image56
    suscanposted 13 years ago

I cook several times a week. We do a lot of Italian in my house. I make macaroni bake,lasagna, spinach florentine lasagna. My brother says I make the best meat loaf. I actually cook a variety of items, we eat a lot of chicken.

35. C.A. Johnson profile image68
    C.A. Johnsonposted 13 years ago

I love to cook. My kitchen is like a science lab, I'm always experimenting with something. My specialty is a Florentine Dinner Cheesecake. It has spinach and chicken along with a half dozen exotic cheeses. It's not sweet but it is rich and very much an indulgence.

36. alphonsians93 profile image56
    alphonsians93posted 13 years ago

I dont cook that much, but when i cook i love cooking filipino dishes.. You know what? It is very tasty I suggest you try to cook humba, calderita ,etc... you will like it.

http://www.worldwar42.blogspot.com

37. arietm profile image61
    arietmposted 13 years ago

Cooking is definitely a passion of mine, in which I cook pretty much everyday of the week.

This time last year I was only limited to making scrambled eggs and simple pasta; now I've been cooking for large dinner parties for friends and family. Most recent was a Spanish themed night, so I whipped up a bunch of tapas for the evening. Needless to say, everyone loved it!

Honestly I owe it all to Jamie Oliver, I opened up one of his books and got inspired instantly. His tips and tricks have stuck with me!

38. sabrinaaq profile image60
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

Yes i cook, i cook mostly a varietyof things but what i make most often is probably some type of pasta because its quick and easy and i make a homemade pasta sauce along with it.

39. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Everytime I climb into bed.....oh you said cook!....every dinner time in bed!

40. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

i boil water,lol
    i cook sometimes and can cook a variety of food

41. ailang profile image60
    ailangposted 13 years ago

Indonesian food..I love cook very much..

42. wilsonallen01 profile image61
    wilsonallen01posted 13 years ago

I can cook pazzta only...
    Thank You

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)