A new rev sharing bookmarking site - Like Xomba & SheToldMe!

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (102 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Hi guys, I have been testing the water with a new revenue sharing site. It is very new and still has PR0, like SheToldMe did before the last update.

The great thing about www.Snipsly.com (thats the site) is that you can post just your backlinks, like Shetoldme.com and Xomba, but earn adsense cash in the process.

As I mentioned, I have been testing the water with this with another one of my online accounts... have had traffic and adsense clicks already. I suspect that it will be going in at PR3 or PR4 by the next Google update judging by the noises being created.

Get your bookmarks in early to see the real benefit, I am suitably impressed enough to bookmark all of my hubs, which I will be working on now. If anybody else fancies giving it a go then either visit www.Snipsly.com.

I am pretty gutted that this doesnt have a referral scheme, since I am the first person to mention this site on hubpages, I could have done well. But at least you know that I am recommending this site without any sort of financial motive!

FORGOT TO ADD:- 80% Revenue Share! (How could I forget!)

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, Ryan - thanks!!! smile

ok i shall go register straightaway.

2. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I just went into the site and clicked on one from hubpages just to see how it worked and it doesn't seem to back link properly, maybe you have to join to read it? I think people had better check it unless it is just my pc.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you have to click on the link at the end of the description and it takes you to your hub.
        clicking on the title just refreshes. I did notice that someone is not editing their links properly. you have to open the Edit section to properly insert links.  I'm just putting a few in for now and will watch them for a while. It's very easy.

1. Nell Rose profile image90

Hiya, yeah I did click on the link at the end but it just took me to a page with the link on again. I think it was the one about Taxi's?

3. frankonline profile image58
      frankonlineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

xomba is great for beginners! i personnely use it to drive make money using adsense! make money beginners guide

4. viryabo profile image92
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN RYAN!!
      Giving us this new tip. I like the way you ALWAYS share with your fellow hubbers. This is highly commendable of you and i'm joining ASAP. Just wish you had gotten credit for your referrals because you deserve it.
      I follow you so closely because you seem to give us something good everytime.
      Thank you and GodBless. smile

5. Madison22 profile image60
      Madison22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are always so helpful Ryankett, thanks!!

6. dbonchabo profile image59
      dbonchaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

great thanks for sharing

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I found that one the other night through an ad they had on Shetoldme.

They offer an 80% revenue share.  I also looked high and low for a referral program, but I guess with 80% share there's not much left over.

I am wondering, though, if they will not be taken over by spammers.  I intend to use them either way, and I actually like the Wordpress interface.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oops the 80% bit was crucial. I found them via Shetoldme.com too, I got really excited as we all know that UW has 80 referrals on shetoldme.com! lol

Still, the interface on this site kicks backside - its awesome. Five times better than Xomba and Shetoldme.com. Lets just hope that it gets a decent page rank in the next update!

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

sorry but where do we put our adsense info? i don't see anywhere on my profile to do that sad

1. profile image0

Dashboard>My Advertising>HERE wink

2. rebekahELLE profile image85

Ryan or anyone, the other day I put my adsense code in and wondered if it worked, and it didn't. I got a prompt reply from snipsly today after I asked them about the ads.

once I enter the code in the appropriate box, is there anything else I need to do? anything over at the google adsense site?

thanks.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
        Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would set up a URL channel in adsense to track your impressions and clicks from Snipsly.  I say I would...I did already.. lol

is that all I need to do at google?  I just entered my code again into the snipsly site and when I hit save, nothing happens. it loads, but there is no message saying anything was saved. but my code still remains. when I got the reply from snipsly, he said, my code was not entered? so I wrote him again...

I think so.  Give it a day or two and go back to look at your adsense reports to make sure impressions are being recorded.  If not, there may still be a problem.

4. profile image0

DUH i'm so unobservant sometimes. thank you.

5. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the info, Ryan. All signed up. If they ever switch to a rev share program, I'll create a new ID and sign up under you. Just drop me a note if they do.

1. profile image0

Lol, its ok you dont have to do that. Just tell me next time you find something good wink

6. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

AWESOME - thanks for the info Ryan.  I joined and have my first post up!  Unlike some of the other sites this one doesn't appear to have onerous conditions attached to publishing the articles.  At this stage its clear and simple.  I like that!
    Sorry there's no % share for you this time.

7. profile image0

ok i noticed most of the posts are kind of serious topics. most of my hubs (especially my Christmas ones) are fluffy. are those ok to post there or will they go 'what the...'?

thank you.

1. profile image0

It will be 48 hours before almost every bookmark on their is a hubpage, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about Cosette! It looks like us hubbers have found it before that Squidoo lot.... and when they come along we really will see some crap! lol

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

is shetoldme. worth it? does anyone make $ there? I don't like the layout at all.

1. profile image0

The layout is awful, but I have some of my shetoldme links on the first and second pages of google - and make about $5 per week from my bookmarks. That figure is rising, so I guess that it is 'becoming' worth it.

do you post new articles or your hubs?
        also on the new site you mention here, are you posting new content. I read the FAQ, and it said shorter articles do better.

1. profile image0

I dont post either, I post a few quick sentences that describe my hub and then link to it. That is the point, you are getting paid to backlink.... which you need to do to earn more money on hubpages anyway.

got it. thank you. quite easy. smile

2. sunforged profile image70
            sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i joined this from a shetoldme ad a couple of days ago, havent tested it out, ill have to give it a try

a huge tip: when you post those FEW sentences, its those few sentences that trigger the adsense ad, you pretty have much complete control of what ads display

9. profile image0

heh... "squidoo lot".... big_smile

thanks, RK!

10. Jeffrey Neal profile image68

The way I look at it is this: you need backlinks to gain rankings and traffic.  If you happen to find a site willing to share their adsense revenue with you to post those backlinks there, then it is worth it.  It's like getting paid to eat vs. not...you have to do it anyway so why not get paid?

sounds good to me. just a little skeptical at first joining something. but I love the snipsly wordpress layout which I'm already familiar with. nice.

thanks for the info. will try!

11. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I bookmarked it for later.  It looks good.  Thanks for posting about it, Ryan.  The "minimum-three-sentence" thing looks pretty good to me about now.

1. profile image0

Yeah I like that aspect too!

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did the same. smile

12. rebekahELLE profile image85

exciting, I just published my first one. big_smile

13. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I'm not sure how big this thing actually is, it doesn't appear to have a single back link registered on Google yet?

1. profile image0

It isnt big, yet, but I dont know how you worked out that it doesnt have any back links. A search of the domain brings 377,000 results, of which several on the front page show dofollow links to the website.

It is in about the same stage as shetoldme.com was 3 months ago, and that is now getting stuff on the top two pages of google....

1. thisisoli profile image69
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&am … =f&oq=
        A google search on

link:http://snipsly.com/

Reveals all backlinks tracked by Google to that domain & subdomains.  Tried it with the www. for teh main domain and it dodn't bring up much either!

1. profile image0

Fair enough, only 120 registered users though.... 500 posts.... most of which came since I started this thread. Every site has to start somewhere, it will be PR4 before we know it, look at Shetoldme.com!

14. rebekahELLE profile image85

allright, this might sound dumb, but how do I know if my adsense code was properly saved? when I hit save, it loaded, but nothing said it was saved?

anyone?

btw, thanks SF for the tip about the words triggering the ads.

15. rebekahELLE profile image85

nell, maybe someone didn't link properly. I checked all of the lady taxi links and they went to the articles.

Hi, okay I might just have a go at it, if I can figure it out! thanks Nell

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe that was my articles? I read on here and went over there and signed up just about half an hour ago.
      I don;t know if I did it right or not - new at this!

Hi, Izzy, yeah not sure who's they are, but the taxi one looks okay  now but there are a few  hubpages one's that haven't linked properly, it just looks like the link is written on a white background and needs doing again, hope this helps.

1. IzzyM profile image85

I only put two spots up, one with three links about the taxis, and <whew> all the links are working. I think what maybe happened was I tried at first to just copy/paste the links, then realised when published that they didn't turn into hyperlinks, so I went back and did them properly. You probably looked when they were getting edited!
          I just can't remember if I remembered to put the URL trackers in! It's too late now, its after 2am. I'll check tomorrow and maybe link the rest up too. Thanks smile

1. IzzyM profile image85

I did remember! Got hits on the tracker number I started to use, so I must have put them in right!
            God, it's 3.30am now here. Just as well I  don't have work to go to tomorrow!

hey, it looks good over there. whoever thought of it made it so easy with the beautiful wordpress interface. it doesn't look as cluttered as shetoldme.  now, let's hope it gets going.

wow, you're up really late!!! hope you get to sleep in! smile

1. IzzyM profile image85

I'm waiting on 'him upstairs' to start shouting at me soon! Yeah I can lie in. Unemployed. Well this is work isn't it? so I have an excuse:))))
                ps I earned 4 euro cents today:)

there you go! big_smile

travelexpresso, I didn't put anything in trackbacks.
                  hmm, not sure what to tell you about your copy/paste problem.
                  when I did it, I just deleted the http:// already in there and pasted in the hub title with tracker.

1. travelespresso profile image68
                    travelespressoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your reply RebekahElle - I'm newish at all of this so in words of one syllable!!!  Te he.  You deleted the http:// in where?
                    Did you pull up the box by doing "shift/alt/a"?
                    I can get that far - then do I go to the link I want to insert and "copy hyperlink"?
                    Hope you can follow what I've been trying to do.

16. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

The interface on this sight blows just about everyone else away.
    If it turns out to be profitable, it's gonna be great!

Thanks Ryan!

17. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Mine didn't look as if it had saved either, but when I left the page and returned, it was there!

18. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the tip.  I'm over there posting away.  I recognize a lot of hubbers there! smile

19. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Hi Ryan, I am thinking of it too...thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

20. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

Hello
    Please can someone advise me - I have a post over there at snipsly but I cannot get my link to work.  I get a box up to insert it but then can't paste or insert the link. 
    Also what are trackbacks and what's supposed to go there? 
    Many thanks

1. IzzyM profile image85

Don't know about trackbacks, but how do use the copy/paste function? Do you highlight the link,right click and choose 'copy' then put the mouse into the box, right click and choose 'paste'?
      Hmmmm...can't see why else it's not going in. You could always refresh the page and come back to it. What browser do you use?

Thanks Izzy - not sure what I'm doing - when I went back again it appeared different.  Sometimes I think that I shouldn't be let out alone!  I've deleted the article and will try again later.  Cheers for trying to help.

1. IzzyM profile image85
          1. IzzyM profile image85

Sorry about that above.I was trying to say, when you first post over there, well maybe someone can show me different but the first box doesn't have the opportunity to put in links. But if you save as draft, then reopen it, you get a normal looking template, then you can sort out your links etc

Thanks again.  I've deleted it for now but I will try your suggestion when I go back.  I definitely didn't save it as a draft before trying to insert the link.

21. arthriticknee profile image66
    arthritickneeposted 14 years ago

There are hubbers all over that site now.
    It must be new because the total number of posts just hit 500.
    Plenty of familiar names loading up.

1. Kidgas profile image63
      Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It looks like the total number of users is just under 120.

22. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

I signed up and it seems to be working for me there.

KCC--FYI, you did not have AdSense showing next to your post.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was checking it and sometimes I'd see ads there and sometimes I wouldn't.  Then I figured out that was the 80/20 split once I checked the ID when it was showing up.  I went back and discovered that the Adsense Publisher ID is evidently case sensitive where it is not on HubPages.  So, it appears to be fixed now.  Thanks!

23. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

A HUGE thank you Ryankett for bringing awareness to this site.

It's my first time trying this...but managed to publish the first of many links to my hubs. 

It's great to see so many hubbers on this site already!  big_smile

24. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Thanks Ryankett, I've made a few posts too - seems like all you're supposed to do is write three or four sentences of intro and add your link.  Wondering what they hope to get out of that?

25. Dao Hoa profile image62
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Thanks Ryan.

I posted one of my articles. I put my link at track back and when I tried it on the front-page post, it brought me to my post with their site. It did not link to my article. I tried to edit the permalink and it did not let me. Please help! I cannot link to my article!

Should I put the link at "Path"?

I read all of the posts in here too. May be I am just too slow.

I am going to bed now and will check back tomorrow. Good night, everyone.

26. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I signed up and posted a couple of things.  I like it.  I did see a couple of Hubbers on there.

27. oderog profile image47
    oderogposted 14 years ago

Great Ryan, will sign up on it, the layout is quite cool

28. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Good to see everyone giving it a go, hopefully we will all build up its page rank!

29. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Am signing up now! Will try with my best hubs first to establish a good rep there and see how it goes....

30. kirstenblog profile image77

I might be being dumb here but where do you put your links? I just logged in and see a box called quickpress with a box for the title a box for content and a box for tags, where does the link go?

31. kirstenblog profile image77

Well I am not sure if I did it right. I posted a few lines and tried adding the url but could only see it working by making text a text link. So 'check it out here' with the word here being clickable to the article. I don't know if that counts as a back link but hey the ads are already relevant so thats something smile

Kirsten, instead of using "check it out here" as your anchor text, it would work better if you use relevant keywords.  Either the same keyword phrase you are trying to rank for with your hub, or another related phrase.  So you could say "to learn more about how to carve wood visit me at HubPages." or something like that. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for replying! big_smile
        I am a slow learner I think lol tho once I got it I definitely got it!
        I thought using the relevant keywords in the regular text was the thing, didn't realize that the link should also have the keywords or title. Fortunately it looks pretty easy to change. The ads did look very relevant right away so I was not worried about that, just wasn't sure if its a 'backlink' in the eyes of the all powerful google.

32. Jeffrey Neal profile image68

A link is a link, but the anchor text helps. 

Google "click here" and you will see what I mean.  That anchor text is used so much that Adobe Reader ranks #1 for it.

33. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

Thanks for posting Ryan.  I've just started taking this sort of thing more seriously.

34. kirstenblog profile image77

BTW Jeffrey I love your avatar. Sooooo Cute! big_smile

Thanks! big_smile
      He's my big boy(~120 lbs) lab chow mix, but he didn't get much from the Chow other than the spotted tongue.

35. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Thank you Ryan.  Checking it out right now, and it looks pretty good.  Question:  For backlinks, is it best to use just the url, or is it okay to a tracker?

1. profile image0

Actually I dont know the answer to that, could be worth starting a new thread on that topic?

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I asked this question ages ago now, it seems anyway lol
        The answer I got is that a tracker links should work just as well as a straight url plus has the added bonus that you might get people to sign up if they like what they see and want to do the same. I cannot say that this is true but its what I was told so I usually do add the tracker smile

1. Ivorwen profile image65
          Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for these replies!  I really appreciate it.

36. rebekahELLE profile image85

I'm not sure my adsence code is set as every time I've checked, I don't see my code at the bottom. also my ads don't seem relevant even though I used key words. I'm seeing a lot of ads for breyer horses?? anyone else? hmm

1. profile image0

Have you used keywords in the description? I think Sunforged mentioned that the 'three sentences' it describes are the text that trigger your keywords - not the title. Maybe try this, most of my ads appear to be relevant.

I think they do, but perhaps I'll have to keep checking. do you think when it is their 20% time the ads change? this seems to be based out of the UK? I looked up breyer horses which comes from UK, model horses. do you think categories has anything to do with it? they're not quite as selective with topics. are u participating in the contest?

2. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

..the title works also - What I suggest and do with great results is writing only keywords as your copy- no fluff and pick the big guns (but keep it relevant)

for example this thread, if i was to bookmark it

run through adwords keyword tool (url) compose your blurb using only the top strings

"Want to make quick cash with google adsense? Make money with adwords, make money with google or even google make money..than read this great thread that answers all your questions about quick cash with google adsense"

that was an exaggerated example..but it is written with only $5+ keyword strings

1. viryabo profile image92

Wow! great tip.
          Now please i need to know where to find the edit button when i open my page. Seems i go in circles before i find it. Any shorter way to it?

do you mean where you're in the writing mode?

if so, just enter text into the quickpress and save draft then open edit and it will take you to the regular text box where you can edit.
            there may be an easier way to do it, but that's how I do it.

1. viryabo profile image92

Thanks Rebekahelle, will try again. I just seem to get stumped when i first try out these things.

37. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Interesting.  I guess I'll take a day this week and work through all of these backlink sites.

38. blue dog profile image61
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

ryan,

thanks for the info.  again.

you are still the consummate team player.

39. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the info Ryan I went there signed up and my views have improved greatly thanks again.Great site.

40. E. Nicolson profile image70
    E. Nicolsonposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the info, Ryan -- on my way over now.

41. jobister profile image61
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the info Ryan!

42. profile image0

it's so easy to post stuff there. it's just kind of lagging at the moment. i wonder if that's because there's a lot of traffic. anyway, i like it.

so far I like it. I think it could actually be a bit more user friendly and maybe as it grows it will enhance some of its usability as far as getting around the site.

I've had to contact them twice about a problem with my adsense, and I received prompt, detailed replies. That impressed me. I only have 5 articles linked. I see they have a winter contest going now for the most articles posted by midnight the 12th and you win $.

43. Mieka profile image63
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Hey guys,
    I know this is an old thread, but I've just started out backlinking on Snipsly.

So should I activate the box 'Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page.' at the bottom of the page? And what does it mean? I read the explanation on the wordpress page they provide, but it is still a bit unclear to me.

I also haven't figured out yet how to put in a link in a proper way. I can't copy and paste it anywhere...

44. Mieka profile image63
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Ok, I figured out the link thing. Remains the question about the trackbacks and pingbacks. What are they, and do I activate them?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)