Which is the right Christian Church?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (111 posts)
  1. Charles James profile image67
    Charles Jamesposted 13 years ago

If I were to accept God and embrace Jesus, which of the many churches on offer should I join?
    The Roman Catholic Church is the original and longest lasting. It has a clear perspective but it has to be confessed quite a lot of clergy have not lived up to the pedestal they were put on. Frankly, they sinned, and too many other clergy let them do it.
    Then we have the Church of England / Episcopalian, which looks as if it is just about to split.
    The Baptists split but are reforming, the Methodists seem pretty well organised and living God's message (at least those I have met are).
    There are all the revelatory Evangelical Hell Fire Churches.
    The Wee Free are at least consistent - they say all Catholics go to Hell.
    What are the criteria I should apply? Which is God's Church?

1. profile image0
      gregster77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

roman catholic church is not the oldest sir....oldest church is found in the book of acts in which is messianic Jews...than they were called Christians in Antioch

http://www.biblica.com/bible/verse/?q=A … p;tniv=yes

2. BDazzler profile image76
      BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Technically, the Greek Orthodox is the original and longest lasting.  The split occurred when the Roman emperor recognized the bishop of Rome as supreme.  So technically, the Roman church was an off shoot.  (The Roman church claims that the Greeks didn't "fall into line" or some such, so a case can be made either way.... My interpretation of the history, as I understand it is that the Greek Church is older than the Roman Church).

However, this is the criteria I use when visiting a local congregation:
      Jesus said, "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:35)

When I go to visit a church, I don't look first at doctrine or how someone is baptized or anything. .... I watch to see how people genuinely react to one another.  Before and after the service.  I watch the parking lot, does everybody clear out to get home or do they linger and enjoy each other's company?

Then, and only then, do I ask myself, ok, is what they teach consistent with what I know about God and the bible?  If not, should I reconsider what I think, or should I move on to another group with different interpretation?

I'll put up with a lot of different ideas for people I love who love me too. We can disagree on the second coming. We can disagree on how to baptize.  We can disagree on the nature of the trinity.   But if there is love, there is a foundation from which to build mutual understanding.

If you look at the political and economic diversity of the twelve, you'll see that Jesus was far more inclusive than most of us who go to church today.  And I admit, I have and still do get caught up in only wanting to love people I agree with.

But that's not what Jesus taught.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like your approach.

2. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As an impartial commentator, I have to agree with the first part of what was said here smile

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First things first.
      Ye must be born-again.
      I'm afraid your usage of "embrace Jesus" and such terms shows a lack of understanding of what a Christian is....

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you must only believe a few verses from John, and ignore the rest of the bible, cos Brenda knows god personally and the only way you can do the same is to be like me and Brenda an get yerself all borned again!

It worked for me for a while, fairies everywhere! smile

Then I started to learn real stuff, so had to leave the gutless fairytale behind. Sad really! It was so much fun being an ignorant megalomaniac!

1. frankdekelli profile image58
          frankdekelliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

At least he's earnest (cwutididthar?)

1. earnestshub profile image79
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep. just wonderin why.

4. flowerpick profile image67
      flowerpickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are sincere to love God and want be really close to Him Heart to Heart, you simply pray to Jesus and God for guidance and beg them to show you the devotee of God who can help you advance in spiritual life. God is very attracted to someone who is sincere to love Him. Chant God's names meditate upon It. it is the holy names of God that cleanses our mind with all these confusion and fear. just simply make the goal of your life is to please and love God. then you will know the truth.
      thank you very much.

5. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

None! Just look at the doctrine for all religions, that which, force humankind to work against itself. lol So much for a perfect(right) church. lol

6. mom101 profile image61
      mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The right Christian Church?  If you had asked, the perfect church, it would have been much easier to answer. But, as it is, the "church" most referred to in the Bible, is ones self.  How we live, how we treat others, how we teach others, so is the church.
      There will never be a perfect church.

7. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd just recommend you do a little reasearch and you'll find out why things are the way they are.

Here are some good links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L2bf18Hatg
      www.sspx.org
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2c1NEjC … re=related
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VazNU_ … re=related

8. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should try many different churches.  But not because one was the first, or because one says the name of God one way or another; no........., you should try different churches for how it makes you feel welcomed inside.

Personally, I have never found that church- so I rely solely on Jesus, my advocate the holy spirit, God and myself.smile 

Though I do find home within the Gnostics.

2. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Which is the right Christian Church?

No Church is right as none of them presents the act and teachings of Jesus the Christ; they all present what Jesus never said or acted; they present the concepts invented by Paul and the Church and misled the innocent people.

It is my opinion; others have a birth right to differ with me with brillinat arguments if any

1. profile image0

Pauls teachings are the words of GOD YHVH through Paul.....when Paul speaks as human He clearly says it read 1 Corinthians 7

Best Church is from book of Acts The first 2 chapters says it clearly

1. alternate poet profile image66
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paul says that only his own words are the word of god - and you believe him ?

2. profile image50

I don't agree with you; Paul was an enemy of Jesus and remained as such till he got killed ; Jesus had warned his sheep in this connection.

1. hanging out profile image60
          hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Acts 13:9   Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,  (this is Luke talking and paul is filled with the Holy Ghost a gift from God)

Acts 15:22   Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas;  (Paul seems to have many followers of good reputation)

2 Peter 3:15   And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
            2 Peter 3:16   As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Was Peter an enemy too? Peter seems to like Paul and so do I. Now hopefully, you do too.

3. SilentReed profile image80
    SilentReedposted 13 years ago

paarsurrey, if we are all God's children, then they are all God's churches.

1. profile image0

YHVH says that false prophets and teachings are at hand therefore they are not all Y'SHUAH's churches

1. profile image50

by this Jesus meant Paul and the Church; very clearly.

2. profile image50

We , none of us including Jesus, are not literal and physical children of the Creator- God Allah YHWH; He is our "Rab"- Lord (Nourisher ,Sustainer) of all the worlds, and not "Abb"-father. Please don't misinterpret .

4. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I am not aware of any church that teaches the words that Jesus is said to have said.

Check it out.  Read the words in red.
       If we believe in Jesus we should put his words before anyone else's. If we believe in him we will believe what he said.

After we establish Jesus as our foundation we THEN read those things that the disciples said in a way as to conform to Jesus.

NOT The Other Way Around.

Any Church that does that would be the one I'd go to..

1. profile image0

Great answer as for the disciples just explain and confirm what Y'SHUAH teaches

1. Jerami profile image57
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The problem with Christians believing the words of Jesus     (as recorded in scripture) first and foremost is one of interpretation.
             We have been taught to interpret the words of Christ in such a way as to conform to what we have interpreted the disciples to have said. 
           By doing this; scripture says what we want it to.

If we study what Jesus is said to have said, and make this our foundation,  We will then see what the disciples were really talking about. 
           Interpretation is NOT needed.
           Jesus taught about false teachers that were already doing that in the first century.

John prophesied in the book of Rev. that the people were going to follow these interpretations.
           False interpretations make for a False Doctrine.

How much Levin did Jesus say that it takes to spoil the barrel?
           And they have been doing so for many centuries..

1. pjk_artist profile image63
          pjk_artistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very well said Jeremi.
          I would have to say "avoid all the Christian Churches if one wants to nurture and understand one's connection with God/Jesus."  All these denominations and "isms" have God and Jesus somewhere out there...external.  When you accept scripture as personifications and symbolism then you'll start to come to terms with the divine nature and source of your own consciousness.

beelzebub

2. profile image50

I agree with you.

3. hanging out profile image60

It is always best to be attached to some christian church, rather than to stay at home and think that you alone have a 'private interpretation' of what and how the bible is about. Being in a chrisitan church, edifies, builds up, and fulfills the social aspect that humans need. There are some good community works you can get involved with helping others.

Churches also act like sandpaper, they smoothen some rough edges and aside from the teaching from the word, you will learn and again you will not be sitting at home believing that god has imbued you with some special angle as to the interpretation of the world HE so carefully and eagerly set up. Bible is not complicated but if you separate yourselves from christianity completely you will be deceived and come under strong delusion because God has set up principles in his word that all his children are to follow. If we do not follow we cannot get the blessings, god is not mocked.

There are awesome followers of God in every church and some not so awesome followers. Who knows if you will pick up a stumbling brother and lead him on a right track or the word you speak will enhance anothers learning. We are NOT to abandon fellowshiping with the brethren for any reason, especially someones private interpretation against Gods ordained church system.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

The one with the best vintage communion wine and the hottest choir chicks.

1. luvpassion profile image63
      luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be the Yoni Sisterhood Ron. smile

6. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

The church is a tool of God. The churches are not perfect. In this light we cannot hold up a church and say this is better or that is worse as all churches exist and many good works are done by all.

God will PLANT each person in a church. Visit each church in your town, ask for guidance from God, let God pick your church. How can you know except he tell you? Here's that personal experience aspect again. Don't try to pick your own church, God knows best and you will know when he plants you, you will know. You may not even like it, but your whole life is in subjection to him, is it not?

God plants to test and to try his children but also where they are best suited. Be faithful in the one where you end up at. God will move you on when He decides you are ready.

7. luvpassion profile image63
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Also try Circle of the Sacred Spirit they have a lot of attractive female members Ron. smile

8. Jerami profile image57

hanging out  wrote
      It is always best to be attached to some christian church, rather than to stay at home and think that you alone have a 'private interpretation' of what and how the bible is about.
    ========================================

I do not believe that I have my own Interpretation.
    What I believe I have is an "UNINTERPRETED' view of the written word of Jesus Christ.
        To sit in a church that I disagree with their interpretations of scripture is not right. I would feel like a hypocrite.   

I hold what Jesus is believed to have said, head and shoulders, above everything that the disciples taught.
       Or should I say ...  I hold what Jesus said head and shoulders above the churches  "Interpretation" of what the disciples taught.   There is a difference.

The disciples didn't teach anything that disagrees with the teachings of Jesus.

But the churches "INTERPRETATION" goes against the heart and soul of what is written in the bible.

The Rapture as it has come to be called was a promise made to Daniel concerning the children of HIS people (Daniel 12:1)
       Daniels people were Hebrews (every one)
       In Rev. 7:4 describes these children of Daniels people as being 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel. 
       This again is talking about Hebrews people, every one.
       If we are to "interpret" this to be talking about any group of people other that That Hebrew Nation that came to an end of THEIR days, forty years after John received this revelation, is to say that God said something that he did not say.

I believe that to say that God said something other than what he said  IS  blasphemy by definition.

I can not sit in a church that teaches things that I believe to be blasphemy.   

I believe that to teach this "INTERPRETATION"  requires many, many other mis-interpretations.   
        Once the ball starts rolling ?  ya cain't hardly stop it.

ummm jews as a favorite nation is over dude. They blew it big time. The rapture is not important either, believe in it or not, if its true you won't miss it. Take off will be a bit surprising but maybe you'll be in church then and somebody floating beside you can explain it.

If you endorse a jewish perspective of the bible then yes you shouldn't be involved in a CHRISTIAN church.. Wazzza matta can't you read.

So are you saved? baptized in the holy ghost... are you christian? I was talking to people who follow christ, not the 'favoritism' doctrine.

and i was talking to beelzebub not you, but glad you mentioned.. ya might wanna look at the 'jews are best' aspect again. If you really think the bible is that bad you are in a hard spot, for sure, but try the churches perhaps a synagogue even and ask God which is for you then come back and say.. god said whatever he said. okay.. okay. have a great day. But to be on the sidelines because of that doctrine of jews are special is breaking a principle of God regardless of how you think you fit in, you need to let God decide.

2. pjk_artist profile image63

Thanks again for saving me the trouble of replying to that whole church thing Jeremi.  I guess church does have social benefits. (Great place to pick up chicks)  They do have one thing right though...they believe God exists. Too bad they all got it wrong.  I can tell you are looking at scripture correctly.  Except for the Hebrews part. Daniel symbolizes all of humanity.  Israel represents all that God has created as Daniel.

Thanks for answering my comment.  I think I answered how I feel about Israel being "Chosen"   

Israel wasn't special  God just picked one to set an example to the rest of the nations with.

Church is a good thing.   A good place to be introduced to Jesus and the Father.  Just read the bible for your self  with an open mind.

9. Jerami profile image57

hanging out wrote'''
      ummm jews as a favorite nation is over dude. They blew it big time

----------
    You got that right, what made ya think that I thought otherwise?
    Because I said that the OT prophesy was given specifically to the Hebrews?   Cause they were!

================================================================
    hanging out wrote   "The rapture is not important either,"
    -----------

Christianity is divided into four basic groups over this issue. How can you say that it isn't important?
      Futurists, Historicist, preterits and spiritualists.
      The issue of the "Rapture" is  the deciding factor as to which group that a Christian belongs to.
      I'd say that whether it happened back then, or is going to happen at some time in our future is one of "the most important" issues that should be decided by a Christian. 
       Christian doctrine as taught by every Church that I am aware of depend upon  "The Rapture" being in our future.

This choice of beliefs systems might be the most important decision that any Christian can make!
      Most don't know that there is a choice and still be a believer.   

"EVERY" Christian that lived during the first century were Preterits.  And if they were right?  We would not know IT !!!

If they were right ?  This would be  "THE  MOST  Important" secret that is hidden in the Vatican!!!

====================================================
    hanging out wrote      and i was talking to beelzebub not you, but glad you mentioned.. ya might wanna look at the 'jews are best' aspect again. If you really think the bible is that bad you are in a hard spot, for sure,
    --------------------------

That sounds a bit sarcastic??
      And Yes I am in a spot!  The Atheists and Theist on the forums disagree with what I feel certain About. 
      Why do you think that I put myself in this situation???
      Cause I am certain that IF you could read scripture with an open mind You would see what I see.

The Jews are not Gods chosen people!  The OT states that God chose the Hebrews, not because they were special, kinda like closing your eyes and picking a peddle off of a flower.  And saying  I will lift this one up as an example so the rest of the nations can see that I am God! For them to see what I do for these when they follow ME!

Well the Jews didn't follow for long. Even after God sent them prophets telling them ; "these things are going to happen if you quit following me".
       They came to the end of Days exactly how and when Jesus told Peter, James, John and Andrew in a private conversation that they would. ( Matthew 24).
    ==============================================================

hanging out wrote   So are you saved? baptized in the holy ghost... are you christian? I was talking to people who follow christ, not the 'favoritism' doctrine
    --------------------------------

If you do  not know what my beliefs are?  as you said ....  Wazzza matta can't you read.

That is the problem. Christians are not searching for answers to this Question.  Preterits, Historicist, Futurists, Spiritualists? 

Any time that we think that we have all the answers we quit learning.    AND ...
       Getting stupid follows close behind.

10. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

To know the truthful account of Jesus' life and his pure teachings ; you may have to study Quran.

If you must join ; you may attend Ahmadia Mosque nearby to start with.

1. Cagsil profile image71

lol lol lol

If you want the truth about Jesus' teachings, throw out all the pathetic perpetuaters of religion, and reclaim all supposedly holy scripture from the vatican, and have it independently translated without the influence of the church leaders. lol

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry little off topic but had to show cag's this and can't catch up to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIiMa2Fe-ZQ

lol

2. profile image50

That is a violent solution; you are not supposed to offer, in my opinion; indepedent translation is however a good idea; it would be just another version along with so many already available.

I think Quran has already done that work for Bible, OT and NT.

It's not a violent solution, as you say. It's called "releasing" them from their obligation of directing the world, so as to get to the truth.

The perpetuaters, like yourself, continue to ruin society with all the religious garbage, which isn't actually required for life.

1. profile image50

I was referring to your following sentence "If you want the truth about Jesus' teachings, throw out all the pathetic perpetuaters of religion". It smells of violence.

3. Jerami profile image57

If you want the truth about Jesus' teachings, reclaim all holy scripture from the vatican, and have it independently translated without the influence of the church leaders
        =================================================
          This sounds a lot better.

And I wish we could.

But! To uninterpret the scripture that we have is the next best thing..

To uninterpret the scripture leads to one place.....literal interpretation, not translation. So, interesting as a thought, but not ideal for an outcome.

4. hanging out profile image60

problem with that theory cagsil is there aren't any holy scriptures in the vatican. There are tons of unholy scripture, pseudopigrapha and apocrypha, perhaps some science fiction and fantasy books... but all the holy scriptures are the OT Jewish history, and the letters the disciples of jesus wrote. Perhaps there are more from the disciples but hardly enough to re-influence the bible and i doubt they would change from doctrine.

If anything the vatican has proof of jesus existence hidden because that is something they don't want to be known.

You flail so much.

11. Jerami profile image57

When it comes to following someone I think that ya would have to take what he said as is and do nothing to change the intent of what he is saying.  Especially if ya say you believe everything that he said? 
      Regardless of who it is that we are talking about.
    If ya believe what he said  why would ya change it by interpreting what he said when it is understandable exactly the way it was said.

But Jerami, it's not understandable in it's original language. It was must be translated.

Cagsil,  Translated yes  interpretation is a different matter.

12. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

You know, you guys might want to look into Bananaism. I hear it's catching on.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/52819

1. Mercredi profile image62
      Mercrediposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bananaism is okay I guess but why do all of the good religions have to branch off into a hundred different parts and hate each other till the end of time? If I joined Bananaism Im scared I'll end up wearing one of those Carmen Miranda fruit hats and end up talking in tongues at the local green grocer.

13. Charles James profile image67
    Charles Jamesposted 13 years ago

Thanks for all the comments!

However, no-one seems to be answering the question. The best answers so far seem to be
    = paarsurrey (who is cheating because my question was about Christian churches),
    - flowerpick who suggests a methodology,
    - hanging out who is logical but not very helpful
    and
    - luvpassion who is suggesting criteria I had not previously considered - thanks for the suggestions.

Which Christian church please? I have to commend you all for not being rude about each others churches, but you are not making any positive suggestions either.

1. profile image50

I think there are no "Christ-ian" churches. Jesus never went to any Church; he did not evem know this word. Anyone name any Church to which Jesus ever went.

2. hanging out profile image60

I cant say what church or type, its between you and god.. like when i went to find the church i attended i went to every non catholic church in my city, it took months cuz they are all at the same time lol.. but eventually i found in an adjacent town.
      hope that helps.

14. steffsings profile image65
    steffsingsposted 13 years ago

If you mean the 'Building' I'd say any one with comfy stadium style seating.

If you mean denomination, I'd say the one I BELONG TO...

If you mean Body of Christ...

THE ONE & ONLY it meets at every believers temple (no physical address or building is THE 'Church' Body), all the time, everywhere, and is in session even as I type....

15. hanijane profile image60
    hanijaneposted 13 years ago

The Catholic Church. It's plain ad simple. Jesus started it, all other Christian religions are rooted from it. The Catholic church is the only religion that roots back to Christ himself. Follow history, it will lead you where you need to go.

1. Greek One profile image64

Nope.. not accurate at all.. see post above

2. profile image50

I think Jesus never knew the words "Catholic"or the word "Church" ; and he never built any Church; whenever he went to one he went to a Jewish temple.

don't forget the samosa stand he built when he evidently traveled to India, Paar!

2. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doh! smile

3. BDazzler profile image76

The word Church in English is from the Scottish Kirock, meaning "Belonging to the Lord".

In the Greek bible (which I know you reject, but there is a basis for the Catholic belief) the word Jesus used is translated to Greek as "Ekklesia"  which means "Gathering".

The word "Catholic" means "Universal".

It is the Catholic belief, which we already know you reject, that when Jesus told Peter "On this Rock I will Build My Church" that he established the Catholic church.

In the original language, it means "Universal Gathering" i.e. "Everybody in Unity".

Thus he DID use the term, but the terms have come to mean things to some people. other than their original intent.  As you reject the bible, you reject the basis of the belief, but the Catholics do have a good faith basis upon which to believe that Jesus DID establish their church.

Your disrespect of that belief is your right.

nope.. we gotta burn him with his book BDazzler!!!!

1. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello Greek! How is that marble doing?

how is the lovely Klara today!?!?

1. profile image0

Ugh! Don't ask. Hope you had a better day than mine. smile

hang in there.. puberty is a tough time smile

1. profile image0

Is that why I'm growing hair in my nose? LOL

2. BDazzler profile image76

OK, I'm going to get a thermometer so I can make sure it's exactly 451 F. smile

Paar.. want to come over for a BBQ?

Just bring yourself and some condiments smile

16. hanijane profile image60

Christ gave the Keyes of to the Kingdom to Peter: making him the first pope. 2,000 years later we have Pope Benedict continuing on with the teachings and traditions that Jesus himself taught and told Peter and the other disciples to continue on in His name. Therefore the Catholic Church was and is the same universal teachings of God. Even though the "Church" has been through a lot of rough times, it wasn't the teachings or the religion that was in the wrong, it was the men. Man is not perfect, therefore keep your focus on the Mass and the traditional teachings of the Church.

1. pjk_artist profile image63

Hanijane, take the red pill and wake up to the true nature of reality. This kind of mistaken idealism is why some people view religious people as insane. As long as your catholic church continues to perpetuate the myth that God and Jesus Christ are some sort of beings external to ourselves it will continue to worship a false god.

Something tells me you'll take the blue pill.

Andrew shows you the true Christ my dear.

1. hanijane profile image60
        hanijaneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I took the blue pill, than thank God. I feel sorry for people who don't understand. God is with you even if you don't believe it, and someday you will see it, let's just hope sooner than later.
        "some people" can think I am crazy if they want to. Jesus was crucified wasn't he?

I guess the bigger question is do YOU KNOW WHY? And, I am willing to bet that you would say something along the lines of "for blasphemy".

Jesus told and knew those who ruled at the time worshiped a false idol. He used their own language against them and they executed him for it.

So please, don't talk about things you have no understanding of.

Jesus died on the cross for our salvation. He came to change the way people lived and worshiped. He left us specific directions on what to do and how to do it.
            Why focus so much on the flesh? Christ came to take us away from the flesh and into the Spirit.
            Rather than fight, we should just pray.
            Peace be with you

Again, you keep believing what the bible tells you and do nothing investigative on your own. Nice of you to live such a selfish life.

Jesus died on the cross, because some moron hung him on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

1. Haunty profile image73
                Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil, I've never figured this out: do you reject spirituality altogether?

Hey Haunty, if you're making reference to human spirituality, which is derived from oneself, then no.

If you're reference is to make spirituality come from another source, such as a god, then yes.

@Hanijane, what you fail to realize is WHERE exactly you received your knowledge, which is the bible. It is what gave you your belief in the first place. So much for understanding it.

You make the claim to live for god. Which is in direct violation of your oath to your own survival. Again, so much for understanding life.

So, in essence, you don't understand much. And, just in case, you're wondering...I would die for anyone else on this planet as well, and I have no god requirement to do so.

So please.

2. hanijane profile image60

More than believing in what the Bible says, I believe what I feel and know in my heart. I am completely confident in everything I believe... I would die for it. There is nothing I wouldn't do to protect and stand up for God the Father; my father, your father....... I see myself as the opposite of selfish when it comes to this subject. I infact live my life for God, for others and try to always put myself last, in order to humble myself.
                I will say a Hail Mary for you. God bless

It is sad that you have to put others down to make yourself feel better. You are no better than I. I never said you were any less than I. I belive whole hearted in my religion and you nor anyone else will convince me other wise.

To oppose your comment about me not doing any significant investigating, I was not raised Catholic so I did a lot of soul searching and history to make sure that what I was doing was the right decision. But you can judge me anyway you want, lest I say : You judge others the same way you will be judged.
                  Let's not forget that Charles James had a question, and asked people for insight.
                  Let's focus on that.!
                  Peace.

roll Soul searching?

Again, lack of knowledge and wisdom. And, just to let you know, I didn't put you down. If that's how you saw, then get over yourself.

The fact you do lack knowledge and wisdom of life itself is the problem. Enjoy!

2. Beelzedad profile image58
                  Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly how wars over religions get started and how they continue over centuries. How very sad. sad

what you mean? that non- fact or non-proof or non-evidence providing bullies stomping into a very decent conversation (do you bother the buddhist forums too?) and proclaiming that people are selfish, brainwashed, stupid, etc.. start wars? Do you blame the people with their nose in the book of starting this so called war? Have any wars been started by.... this is such an old debate that you continue to blindly and redundantly throw into the chaos of your warmongering ways... grow up, get recent information, get relevant and grow an iq...  sorry but this continual broken record syndrome from your stunted snail like mentality that by the way is more of an insult to the picture you so vainly portray.
                    how very sad sad

17. hanijane profile image60

Charles James,
    To answere your question again....
    I believe the true Church is the Catholic Church.
    Yet, to find your answere, you need not be asking a bunch of folks on the internet, you should pray and pray and pray. God will lead you to the place where you are supposed to be. No one is better than another, just focus your life on God and ask for His graces. When we ask, He listens and He answeres. Just make sure you are listening for the answere!
    God bless you and best wishes on your journey!

18. Jerami profile image57

I think that I can decide if my questions are valid.
    This is but one of my purposes in life.

If I become unable to answer this question for my self, I will keep your offer in mind.   Thank you.

19. pjk_artist profile image63
    pjk_artistposted 13 years ago

hanijane and cagsil.

Actually.

There never was some dude named Jesus hung on a cross. This too is symbolic. The cross is the body of man. God "dies" upon it (your body) so you can be re-born. God in you is Jesus Christ in scripture.

Answer this question please
      How did the internal god produce the pillar of fire and the cloud in the wilderness?

20. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Although I don't care for the trappings of organized religion, I most closely relate to the Presbyterian doctrine. They stress love and tolerance.

21. pjk_artist profile image63
    pjk_artistposted 13 years ago

Charles Jamesposted 2 days ago

Thanks for all the comments!

However, no-one seems to be answering the question.

-----------------------------------------

Charles, I wish you would listen to me. I'm the only one who has brought you some water. You need no church to turn it into wine.

beelzebub

22. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

I cannot recommend any church more highly than the Church of Turkey.

I started to attend when I was about 17 and regularly attended all my life until I recently came to China.  It has everything you would want and no drawbacks, the minister is always polite and welcoming and the whole congregation always in good spirits.

There will be one near you  - join today !!

23. ross670daw profile image59
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

In answer to the OP, Charles choosing which traditionalist religion to follow can be difficult, however, if you believe in God and that the bible is in fact his word however translated, on how to be saved, who to follow according to what the bible says, find your answer there in Acts 4:12, Acts 2:38-47 Acts 2:4 and many others. I don't believe God's word would have changed in 2000 years, it would remain constant, wouldn't it?. If traditional religions do not preach or follow what is said to be God's word in the bible, then that is your answer. There can only be 'one truth' my friend, regardless of what we may believe.

1. profile image50

The Christians themselves changed the Word:

First, by losing the words Jesus said in the original language ,Aramaic or Hebrew.

Second; by adding verses, paragraphs, in whatever was the oldest versiion with them.

Thitd; by inventing terminology which was never even in the mind  of Jesus or Mary.

Etc, etc....

It is for these many reason that the Creator-God Allah YHWH sent Word of Revelation on Muhammad; it is called Quran and it revives the true teachings of Jesus, Moses,Buddha,Krishna,Zoroaster etc

This way the lost teachings of all the Revealed Books and the Messengers Prophets have been preserved in Quran.

Now there in no truthul teaching in any Book which is not been included in Quran in similiar meaning or in better meaning.

Hence the Books and the Prophets have been honoured in Quran.

Thanks

24. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

According to qwark is the 11 dimensions of TOE, according to Brenda Durham is Christianity, according to me is Spiritualism, according to Mark we are all insane. And the beauty of it is - WE ARE ALL RIGHT!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)