Protecting your home from evil spirits/demons-Can it be done?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (137 posts)
  1. Sa Toya profile image85
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

Been reading up on it and just wondered about protection. Like how do those who interact with them can be sure they're safe. I even watched a few vids of a woman on youtube- spiritree or something like that and she is well versed in the spirit realm- voodoo dolls, shadow people demons etc.

So I just wondered how does she stay safe and protected?

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Apart from the issue that spirits and demons are complete b*****t - in China whenever there is something important happening, like New Year, Bride and groom entering or leaving the house, new baby arriving home, etc., etc., they let off firecrackers to frighten away the evil spirits, banish bad luck. Anyone who tells you they can talk to the spirits is either after your money, or attention seeking, or suffering from one of the many well documented mental illness types that hear voices or see visions. Protection is education.

How you doing today? How is back there, I have been away over four years now and making my first trip back this May. Any strange new rules I need to know big_smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wearing striped underpants always helped me with demons.

Hey, it looks like you're good to go!

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Evil is perceived in the mind. Take authority over how you feel about them, and take authority over them period. Be more powerful than them.

1. profile image0

And that applies whether you believe in these things or not  - they are only in your mind - so getting power over is just understanding that you are stronger than your own fear of whatever it is

1. profile image0

I wasn't saying they aren't real. I was saying Evil is Perceived (how we think about it) in the mind.
          We can see them as powerful and over us or we can see them as being under our foot.

4. double_frick profile image61
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

INTENTION is the only way i know of protecting myself, although i do use choice crystals and minerals too.
      when i first began meditating i would visualize a protective bubble around me. intention and visualization are very powerful as far as energetic protection.
      you have every right, when in contact with an entity, to insist they reveal who they are and their intentions. it is easy to recognize a negative entity as they are pushy and often sound negative...though once encountering one i do not know how to banish one other than, as deborah says, taking authority. realize you have the power over YOU and they do not. do not feed them with negative emotions and they will have no reason to bother you. theoretically. wink

Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get ya wink

5. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, if you believe in that sort of thing, the best way to protect your home is to avoid bringing any real old stuff into it that may carry bad vibes with it. also keep lots of crucifxes and bibles around. wink

6. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Buying a proper reinforced door. Installing alarms. And having good and reliable friends, who are the only ones admited  at  my place.

7. Cly Walsh profile image61
      Cly Walshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An education grounded in sense would be of help to you. Demons and spirits do not exist and therefore cannot be summoned.

8. profile image56
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://f00.inventorspot.com/images/codomdevil.gif

2. Sa Toya profile image85
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

LOL I'm good thanks. Hope you are too!

The stuff I was reading was about people encountering supernatural and even one was about people actually summoning them. It freaked me out a bit!

New rules in these parts....not that I know of. If there were I'd be in trouble at some point seeing I ignored them big_smile

3. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

I have a
    No Solicitors
    No Demons
    sign on my front door.

1. profile image0

I stopped the demon getting in permanently - I got divorced and moved!

2. NateSean profile image64
      NateSeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like that. Did you make it yourself or did you find it in a store? If you made it you could probably make a small profit selling it as a novelty, online and in stores.

4. profile image0
    chasingcarsposted 14 years ago

Or you could turn off Fox News.

Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO---SO TUE SO TRUE

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More like turn off CNN

5. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

yes it can be done and I can walk you through it..I also have a few ways posted on my herbalism hub...

contact me with any questions, but the hub will pretty much explain the easiest way to do it.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Don't invite family over!big_smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol
      I dunno sneak, sometimes you are so good at these quips! lol

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope some times they make you smile.smile

Smile yes, but you drop some real gut-busters sometimes.... I love that! lol

7. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Burning dried sage at all wdws and doorways, then taking the sage outside to smoke out unwanted spirits.  In the southern states of America, many believe in sprinkling a line of brick dust at major doors ways.  That is once a blessing and spiritual house cleaning with sage, has been performed and said.

As for my home, I like it interesting.  I've never tried a thing.

1. profile image0

I feel the same.
      Nice to meet you.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi!  It is nice to meet you too.

8. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Spit on your hook!  Er....wait a minute that's for fishing.

You're a hoot.

9. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

oh..and I do not go near dark majick..only white majick that coincides with mother earth, faith and spiritulism.

Please stay away from any type of voodoo for your own safety.

1. profile image0

What types of magic do you do that is white magic?

I know there is white, gray and black magic. I am just interested in which ones you say is white..

I teach ceremonial magic and it takes 1 1/2 years to complete the courses I teach.

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what is the difference between white and black magic?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One's a box of dark chocolates and the other......

1. Susana S profile image91
          Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha! That's funny lol

3. profile image0

There's no such thing as white magic.

How to protect one's self from demons?

--Don't invite them in!-

10. IntimatEvolution profile image68

Voodoo?  Do you realize that Voodoo, is a Christian based practice involving the dead saints? 

I would not necessarily stay away from it, rather to appreciate it and be mindful of its origins, with compassion and understanding.

1. itakins profile image71
      itakinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is not so-voodoo is witchcraft-and seriously evil.It's wise to know the facts before you spout off about such things.

11. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease !!   Sa Toya , you obviously have had some attraction to the idea of spirits or whatever. But you are attracting a mental freak show of nonsense, bull***t and straight-forward made up rubbish  on the spot. Please don't take advice from anyone who can't even spell the names of the crap she is selling, or someone who tells you treat voodoo with 'compassion'. If you need a spiritual side to yourself go to the professional quacks in your local church, at least they think they know what they are doing and they have a book.

Dude, chill.

Hating someone over their beliefs or religious practices, is not good advice either.  Not saying that you personal said to hate.  However, it was what I read out of your rant, was to hate voodoo.  You do realize that without people, voodoo would not exist.  So when you write words, that beckon aggressive disapproval to someone different than you (to hate in essence), is irresponsible, foolish nonsense.  Foolish, foolish, foolish. 

It is a common practice, in the eyes of people who appreciate the Buddhist lifestyle, to have compassion.  Compassion for every living idea, living creature and human being. 

So behind the realms of "voodoo"- is a person.  I strongly advise people to have compassion for another human being.

1. profile image0

I don't think I told anyone to hate anyone or anything - I gave my own opinion or advice to ignore jumbled nonsense, and treating voodo with compassion is jumbling words and concepts, babbling about black and white magic and spritualism within the same scope is pure fantasy. Behind the realms of voodoo is control of the naive and superstitious, not a person.  And why you bring the respected and deeply thought out practice of Buddhism into your piece I still cannot work out. Buddhism certainly has nothing to do with magic or with voodoo.

Can you read? 

I said that you did not personally tell anyone to hate.  However, it was the root of your message, and that is how I freely interpreted it.

2. profile image0

It's called LIVE and LET LIVE.

12. profile image49
    Ilovejustinbieberposted 14 years ago

hello

Hello, and welcome to this forum.

13. IntimatEvolution profile image68

Exactly, what I tried to say.  Apparently  not as good as you.

Deborah, where does your beliefs in this area stem from?

14. NateSean profile image64
    NateSeanposted 14 years ago

Wow. This is certainly a lively discussion.

On the subject of spirits/demons you have to remember one thing. Just like you and I have to obey the laws of physics, noncorpeal entities, whether they are demon or spirt, negative or positive, have to obey certain natural laws as well. Nothing can harm you or take control of your home without you allowing it to.

A lot of people choose a variety of methods for protecting themselves from harmful entitites, including exorcisms, burning sage as was suggested, or just getting together as a family and saying in one loud voice, "Leave and don't come back."

In regards to Magick, I have always gone by the philosophy that there is no "Black" or "White" magick, there is simply "magick".

Black, which many people take to be a negative form of magick, isn't fairly judged. Think about it. The blackest thing I can think of is the night sky and there is certainly nothing negative about clear evening full of stars.

The whitest light, however, comes from the fall out of a nuclear bomb. And as white as that is I sure as hell don't want to be near enough to see that light. So the concept of "Black" as evil and white as "good" is simply a storybook device in my mind.

All magick done with harmful intent comes back at the caster as does magick with positive and constructive intent. As a child I used magick irresbonsibly and I paid for it. When I did magick with the intent of making my school safer for myself and for the people I cared about, I had a positive experience and I enjoyed the final years of high school.

To china man, as for it being "BS", that is a matter of opinion. No one is placing a gun to your head and asking you to participate in this discussion, yet you seem to be compelled to debate the matter. If you're secure in your belief system no one holds that against you, but you do have an obligation to respect the belief systems of those here since you choose to count yourself among us.

1. profile image0

Magic is just head fluff to do with controlling others in the same manner as any other claim of superior or 'different' powers. The only thing it does, like any magic trick, is to persuade the gullible that things are happening when the only place it is going on is in the imagination.

If this was a discussion between people like yourself I would have little interest in it and would not waste any time on it. But it isn't, the question was asked by a maybe naive young woman who could be swayed to believing your strange and less than innocent thinking.

And compelled or not I do not have to respect your views on this at all. In fact I would say the exact opposite, I have no respect for any 'belief' system that preys on the gullible, whether it is your BS or the BS of religion.

Your weird idea that black is not negative because there are bright stars in the sky makes no sense at all, and because the 'fall out' from a nuclear bomb is white then white may be negative - and then somehow this overcomes the whole discussion about good and evil. You are insulting anyones intelligence with such kiddie book drivel.

1. NateSean profile image64

Ah yes, and of course you're being so generous with everyone's intelligence.

I guess at least you're being honest about your complete lack of respect for anyone who believes differently than you. Of course there is an old saying that when a rooster makes a lot of noise you know he's been in the hen house.

I'm just glad that people like you never actually amount to anything or to anyone. If it weren't for the miricle of the Internet I doubt you'd even have a very large social circle.

15. IntimatEvolution profile image68

"Nothing can harm you or take control of your home without you allowing it to."

Nate, it has been known to happen though, hasn't it?  Demons or spirits coming in without permission or allowance.

I think it happens more than we think.  What makes you believe otherwise?

See I believe that there are somethings that can act as a portal for certain spirits.  (Cremation ashes of a suicide victim for one.) Or that there are outlets for unwanted spirits to come into your life, without warning. 

As for myself, I don't mind the extra company of spirits.  I believe that is what keeps my home lively and interesting. 

However, demons are an entirely different matter.  What is your opinion?

1. NateSean profile image64

As far demonic entities go, I've only either read or seen shows dealing with them. It's something I have a hard time forming an opinion on because as a paranormal investigator, if I don't have a personal experience or some kind of hard evidence to back it up, my mind immediately searches for the down-to-earth explanation for what could have happened.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen or that I don't believe they do happen. But I''m also not experienced enough with them to make an educated opinion. Any other opinion would be based purely on what's been presented to me and I pretty much stand by my belief that even a demon has limits and can only hurt us on our own realm as long as we allow it to.

As for unwanted spirits, yes, I agree that there are ways they can come into your life. I speak of spirits seperately from demons, because unlike demons, spirits were typically human at one point.

If a person passes away and that person had a strong connection to your home then certainly it's possible for them to remain there. Or, as is the case with some people who are irresponsible, if you were to use something like a Ouija board, the spirit (or demon in some cases) may be drawn to you or your home, making you, or the user, the catalyst.

Spirit interactions are very rarely harmful, except to a person who doesn't expect to feel a touch on the skin, or hear footsteps. And for the most part, even in the cases of intelligent entities, the spirit has no intention of harming you, they just want you to know they're there.

"As for unwanted spirits, yes, I agree that there are ways they can come into your life. I speak of spirits seperately from demons, because unlike demons, spirits were typically human at one point." 

I could not agree more.

I pretty much feel the same as you do.  However, I feel that demons are a powerful entity.  They are capable of going anywhere they please, once inside you or in an area.  For me, they are fallen angels, the likes of Arch angels Michael and Gabriel.  Now that my belief only.  Many other people believe entirely different stuff.

I just found your opinion, quite interesting.  Thank you for sharing.

16. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I suffer from sour stomach that pretty much scares everything away!big_smile

lol I meant funny gut-bustin sneak! Not gut bustin like those ones that set fire to the bed if the nite light is a candle and it is too close to the source! lol lol

17. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I wish I could stay as so much is going on. I had a problem and a friend said prayers lit a candle and prayed blessing into each room and dorrway of my house. Later my daughter had a problem and she did the same for her. She does not practice Voodoo, although any spiritual connection with God, whether through spirits, angels, saints or Jesus, it works. God is listening, people just have different ways of getting their message to him. It's like us, phone, e-mail, IM, PM,even snail mail. Just depends how fast you want your message to get through, and whether you care if anyone else hears it or not.
    (By problem, I never knew if they were ghosts, demons, spirits whatever)

18. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Good advice but how does one really keep them out is the problem. Many believe they know good from bad but have no idea what is really going on.

Not everything that seems good is in fact good. A barrier must be raised to keep devils out and there is only one barrier strong enough to keep them at bay. Jesus Christ is that barrier.

Jesus will not dwell where He is not wanted and accepted.

I don't worry about demons and spirits. I've had someone suggest I'm following after their doctrines because I question some Christian orthodox doctrine published on hubpages. So much that is said about demons is much superstitious mumbo jumbo from American preachers on TV. Familly line curses and all that nonsense too. Show me a scripture.

He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world. That's all the protection I need.

2. profile image0

You're right, Sir Dent.

As far as protection,  in a manner similar to the situation in Exodus 12, I have before applied oil to symbolize the Lamb's Blood upon the doorposts of my house and a family member's house.
      I understand that a ritual will do nothing in itself, but when added to prayer to the Lord, it's effective I believe.

Have you ever done that?

1. profile image0

Anointing is good if done in Jesus name. I have done door posts and windows lintels also. I believe in the power of prayer and anointing with oil.

Darkness will flee light. It always has and always will, but if the light becomes dim, darkness starts creeping back.

19. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Don't invent them! lol

1. bonny2010 profile image60
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

tell   em to 'bring it on' and hope you don't shit yourself if they do...
      nah seriously I rely on my cats to keep them away.

20. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

In order for spirits/demons to exist, they would violate physical laws, that's why they can't exist.

21. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

Any good lawyer worth their salt would have just put in a restraining order with the Spiritual Law Courts and be done with it.

22. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

wow
    Beelzedad,
    that's correct.
    And perfectly describes what Jesus has done and can do and will do for His followers.

1. tantrum profile image60

Why is it that only Christians are tampered by demons ? hmm

Because they are scared of Christians. smile

LOL!!!
          You're a devil !

lol

2. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

because a kingdom divided cannot remain strong...

2. profile image0

If a policeman searched and found a roober that he had been looking for, would he keep searching after the robber is arrested?

The devil already has many and they don't even know it. There is no reason for him to bother those who are already his.

How can I be his, If I don't believe in Devils?
          And why 'he' ?  Because I'm a woman ? hmm
          lol

1. profile image0

Playing games doesn't make the devil go away. Saying he isn't real doesnt mean he isn't. That is actually like sticking your head in the sand and thinking he cannot see you becasue you can't see him.

It doesn't exist ! Period.
              If you like to belief, it's your choice.
              Don't make your choice mine !

1. profile image0

I did not make my choice your choice. I simply stated a fact that it is possible to put your head in the sand and say things are not real when they are in fact real.

Prove they are not real.

If Jesus was a good lawyer, why did he clam up at his own trial and get convicted and sentenced for a trumped up charge?

1. profile image0

Because He Loved everyone so.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

How do you know that for a fact?

2. profile image0

It was an act of self sacrifice which is something the world doesn't know about in this day and time.

How do you know that?

1. profile image0

He told me.

Why didn't he tell me that?

1. profile image0

Have you asked Him with all sincerity?

Yes. Why doesn't he answer?

1. profile image0

Maybe you are not listening.

23. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

There are no such things as Demons.  This is the twenty-first century.  You'd think people would know that by now!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

Think so?

1/3 of Heaven's angels fell to the earth ages ago.
      You can bet they're still demons and they're still under the Devil's influence.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a nonsensical myth.

2. bonny2010 profile image60

I  don't know I once had one for a mother-in-law

24. coletta7 profile image60
    coletta7posted 14 years ago

The effectual fervent prayer of the righteous avails much! Believe that.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ding!
      that answers the complete.

1. darkness preys only on those who who are not IN the light fully, that is understanding their rightness/righteousness but living in sin consciousness. This is where ALL the troubles come upon people.
      2. actual prayer, not the ritualistic modal prayers connect one fully to the Righteousness, removing all consciousness of sin and death -ALL, not some, not just enough, not a lil bit at a time -all at once.

If you are 'hunting' for darkness in the cupboards, my advice would be: leave your church, burn your bible and take a long trip into the Fullness of All.

25. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

What happened to all of them? Did someone kill them off during the first century?

You asked, "what happened to all of them?"  Sirdent, they never existed.  Nothing happened.  It's a myth, just as it was centuries ago.  It was a myth then, as it is now.

How doyou know? Just curious. :-/

Being ignorant of something does not default to believing in it.  If you choose to believe in nonsense, that's fine.  I choose reality over myths, because myths are human constructs, meant to scare, confuse, entertain, etc.

does that mean humans are myths too?

Do you really have a point to make or are you just being flippant and foolish.  Your question is pointless, and unconnected to the premise.

its only flippant  and foolish, pointless and unconnected if you take yourself to seriously - anyway your argument is entirely based on your belief,  you cannot present evidence that they do or do not exist, you only have your belief just like everyone else and that is good - I admire that - but you don't have to be nasty just because I added a comment you do not wish to think about..anyway have a nice day.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
            TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, you're avoiding the question and basically admitting that you don't know how to prove that they are OR are not myths?

2. profile image0

Where does evil come from? Could it be possible that men are evil? Maybe only certain ones are evil. Maybe no one is evil. Where does greed come from? Who started it? Who started hate, jealousy, pride, lying, murder, violence?

Lots of unclean spirits in the world for there not to be any devils.

Just because you can't find an origin to a trait doesn't mean you have to create demons to explain the trait.  And just because you asked all those questions doesn't mean you are actually looking for the truth.  All you want everyone to do is embrace ignorance and superstition.

1. profile image0

So you are saying that it is only your opinion that devils do not exist. We know for a fact that evil exists. We see it daily on our streets and around the world.

So tell me how you know so much about it and how you come to the conclusion that it is all superstition.

It is also my opinion that Bigfoot does not exist.  And just because there is evil in the world, there is still no evidence that bigfoot exists...or Leprechauns, or Unicorns. Do you see where I'm going?  Why are you presupposing that a devil has to exist for there to be evil in the world?  You are under a spell.
              That spell is the conditioning you and I received from birth about this myth that has nothing to do with reality.  There is no devil outside of your mind!

It's superstition.  Just like your religion.  I know so much about it, because my background is in the Pentecostal church.  I have witnessed some of the most bizarre nonsensical beliefs, that have no veracity at all.  I use my head, and so should you, but you are too afraid of the unknown. This is foolishness.

I have spent most of my Christian life in the Pentecostal church too, and yes I have also seen some bizarre non-sensical beliefs. However, I may be wrong in this, but you seem to be thrwoing out the baby with the bathwater

Nope.  Just rejecting nonsense.  I don't need any of it.  I can be a moral citizen without religion.

Agreed, you don't need religion to be a moral citizen, and you are right to rject nonsense. Just understand that not everything is nonsense.

2. profile image0

My background is in Jesus Christ. Of course before I met Him I was a heathen.

You said I am afraid of the unknown, but it is you who is afraid. You are afraid of what is known and revealed so you deny it in order to curtail your own fears.

What is wrong with bizaar things happening with the children of God? If God did everything according to what everyuone else did or wanted, there would be no difference between Him and the world.

How can I be under a spell if unclean spirits do not exist? it just can't happen. In order for a spell to work, unclean spirits must first exist. So which is it? Are they real or are they not?

Those traits could be in everyone and it would be some event that could trigger any one of them in us to act on them. We don't need spirits or devils to explain that, just the right set of circumstances. smile

Those traits are in all of us. The natural man is carnal and selfish. It's only when we look at ourselves do we see it. Goodness, kindness and mercy do not come naturally to us at all.

Only last week I experienced pride and arogance risining through me as I returned to work on the Monday morning. England had given Wales a hammering in the Six Nations and I just had to let it out to the natives. smile

I don't agree. I believe goodness, kindness and mercy are what we are all the time, while the carnal and selfish traits emerge only through some event or occurrence.

Then you are a better man than I am.

I think we are the same. I believe you are a good person who like anyone else could be swayed to take on any one of those traits by some circumstance. The fact that you are a good person is what stops you from taking action on those traits.  smile

Thanks smile

26. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

How did this go from "how does one stay protected" to a discussion of whether the devil is real or not?

Nvmd, I know how just thought I'd try and get it back on topic is all.

It's on topic. How would you protect your house from devils, if you don't believe in them?
      The same topic, different angle.

I now how to protect yourself from ghosts. Flatten them with a spirit level. :p

2. profile image0

It is impossible for those who do not believe the devil to be real to get protection from devils.

27. profile image0

Ok, I get that Tantrum. I do actually. But it isn't to make one believe or not believe they are real. Ones demons or devils are their fears personified as such and need to be dealt with and the logical explanation here is that those who practice protect themselves with what they believe.

For instance one might believe that a gun is their protection from evil that might lurk in dark corners of the night. It is their talisman much like a rabbit's foot. Through the centuries this has been a common occurrence and while some will hold Jesus in their heart as their talisman others will perform rituals of burning sage etc. It all comes down to what you believe will help stave off your fear of that unknown entity.

28. Tenerife Islander profile image68
    Tenerife Islanderposted 14 years ago

I think the best way to protect your home from evil spirits is not to have anything to do with them in the first place. Seances, ouija boards and suchlike are inviting spirits to be with you and you have no way of really knowing what you are dealing with.

Like your hub name. It's just cold, grey and miserable here in Wales.

29. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think farting helps keep the spirits away.

30. profile image0

Voodoo is not witchcraft. It is an ancient ritualistic form of African religion brought to different parts of the world by the slave trade. If You were to research it you would find that it has many similarities to the Catholic religion. Just because one practices in a different manner than you their faith does not make them a practitioner of witchcraft.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. itakins profile image71

Catholics worship God -voodoo is satanic-quite disparate beliefs and practises.I am well read and have researched deeply on both subjects.
      Your suggestion that voodoo is similiar to Catholicism is grossly misguided.

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obviously you are not as well read as you think. There are saints in both religions etc. Voodoo is not a satanic worship. There are those that do practice it to do harm but in general it is just another form of religion that gets persecuted.

No matter whether you call him God, Allah, or Beetlejuice you are still observing one man. The Native Americans had many names for him does that mean because they don't call him God as you do they are practicing witchcraft? No it freaking doesn't. Just because someone uses a certain talisman during their meditative ceremony and doesn't call Him God doesn't mean they are worshiping Satan.

This is the kind of nonsensical crap that drives me insane. People want to label everyone who doesn't do it their way as a witch, a devil worshiper, in league with the devil or whatever when it just isn't true.

Ok I'm done. I'm backing out of the religion threads again because it is just too all or nothing. You either believe the way I do or not is what you are telling me and if I don't believe the way you do and see the beauty and mysticism in other cultures and their ceremonies I am the misguided one. Really? Seriously? I really pity you and your closed mind.

1. itakins profile image71

Facts are facts -I don't have a closed mind;if I did I would probably have backed out of the 'discussion'.
          Good and evil do exist-fact.

2. TheBurrow profile image60
          TheBurrowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The God I know is not ONE MAN - it is everyone and everything all together, through the dimensions, through the parallel worlds, through all of the layers of the heavens - we are all separated fragments of one unit of consciousness that exists in all things. That ONE UNIFIED unit of consciousness - that to me is Source, PRIME CREATOR, GOD, if you wish.

3. profile image49
          lucasapprenticeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the reasons christians label everyone who disagrees with them as devil worshipers is because in our religion they are. The bible says that there is only 2 choices. With God and against him. No matter what you call your faith or belief. If you don't believe in our God than to us you are with Satan. This doesn't mean that you worship him specifically.

Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Anakin Skywalker: If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:  Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

smile

31. TheBurrow profile image60
    TheBurrowposted 14 years ago

To answer your question - yes, your home CAN be protected from evil and malicious spirits, entities and energy. Do all of the things that make you feel as though you are doing something good for yourself, until you feel satisfied. What anyone else says doesn't matter. What matters is how you feel in your own home. And, what matters is how you will make yourself feel safe, comfortable and secure in your own space. Do it to it!

32. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

I find the best way is to   BURN THE HOUSE DOWN:)smilesad  NO!!!

33. profile image52
    bedding boyposted 13 years ago

I think this supernatural thing is a very dangerous concept. Like many people say, too much knowledge isnt good. Knowledge is like fire-it can burn you if you get too much.

34. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

There is always more to be said about good and evil, more and more and more and more! GAAAAAH! 

I forget where I heard it but it was said: "Evil is made by mankind and has to be banished by mankind, its source.  Good is a natural phenomenon arising out of all of the world, replenishing and refreshing, like water."  I, myself, believe that both evil and good are labels, constructs (like the devil and gods) created by and utilized to help people manipulate other people. 

And yet, when you don't label things with words like good and evil, you are made aware that there are many things and happenings that defy explanation. If we are primitive-minded, we make a religion out of what we can't explain and understand and try to manipulate others with our "religious thoughts".  Pointless, really.

We don't and can't know everything - might as well enjoy it!

35. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I think if you believe your home needs protecting from evil spirits there really isn't much helping you.  Not a very optimistic reply, I know, but I'm pretty sure that's how it is.

36. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

the Catholic Church has a policy
    at least TRADITIONALLY
    to have a priest come by and bless your home

We can use holy water
    (it's blessed and an exorcism prayer is said by priest)

Holy articles such as Crucifix and rosary and Holy Pictures

The devil is discouraged by these things

Praying the rosary daily is said to keep the family togehter
    the family that prays together stays together

anythng else?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)