Has anyone done a parasite cleanse?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (73 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

My friend is doing one now, and she says it's working great. Just wondering what others think.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

parasite clean?! What? Are you talking about your dog having parasites?  How do people do a parasite clean?

1. profile image0
        Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are herbs you can take that kill parasites in your body; worms, flukes and such...nasty things that suck the life out of you. They say everyone has parasites in their body.

1. profile image0

Amie, don't tell me that everyone has parasites in their bodies! I won't be able to sleep tonight!!! Yeeeeeeahk!!! yikes

1. profile image53
            ctodd75posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pretty sure a vast majority of people have some kind of parasite in their bodies. Pretty creepy stuff right? Anyway, I found this page awhile ago that has a quiz and info about parasites and cleansing. It says as many as 8 in 10 Americans may have parasites. If you have pets you are at greater risk... along with some other common things that many people do that could increase the risk. When you read about what these parasites can do to your health it is down right scary.
            http://www.unikeyhealth.com/parasite_cleansing

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've told him to go, but he's still there!

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol   I think I like your kind of parasite better than the kind they sell all those cleansing products as a cure for.   Not matter how bad he is, he can't possibly be as disgusting as the other kind.

3. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes and let me tell you, my ex wife will never ever come back with this parasite cleanse....lol!

(Only joking, I don't have an ex!)

4. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After ya clean 'em, how do ya cook 'em?
      What kinda "parasites" are best?

5. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My friend was going to, but I told him work it out and think twice about getting a divorce.. it's only his mother in law, after all

6. Terrylee5151 profile image60
      Terrylee5151posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did 2 of them.  One was horrible and I will never do it again.  The other wasn't so bad.

I have a blog that I keep track of everything I do to heal my candida.
      http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/

7. ichoosehim profile image60
      ichoosehimposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't done a parasite cleanse but I have done the body detox. The stuff that came out of me, I couldn't believe. Afterwards I felt better than I had in years. The product I used was Tahoe cleanse, you use it for 15 days. The only downside for me was getting the pills down(6 three times a day). Not only did I feel better I lost 15lbs(an added bonus).

8. profile image54
      kats can talkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been doing a completely organic herbal parasite cleanse and detox for my body as recommended by a local health shop practioner.  The mixture  is all made of dry herbs.

If you want more information then contact me for further details of the ingredients.

2. Starfishfelix profile image59
    Starfishfelixposted 13 years ago

I'd probably go to the doctor and get some medicine if I thought I had a tapeworm or something similar. 

People have all sorts of things living on them (as does pretty much every animal or plant), but the majority of them are either harmless (tiny critters that eat your dead skin, that sort of thing) or beneficial (bacteria in your digestive system).  Those you either don't have to worry about, or don't want to get rid of.

Trivia fact: In the old days, they used to sell pills with tapeworm eggs as a miracle diet pill!

1. profile image0

Eeeeeeeewwwwww!!! That's it... NO more discussion on this please! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! yikes

lol    My response was the same when I read  Amie's (apparently now unpublished)  first-person-experience Hub up about this stuff.  It looks like she thought better of it (probably based on the kind of response such a subject gets).  Some subjects just aren't awfully well received, are they?   lol  Amie, glad your friend is having good luck getting rid of all her parasites.   (I'm sorry...    klarawieck's response just rung a bell for me, and cracks me up.    lol  )

2. lorlie6 profile image72
        lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, klara-eeeewwwww!  And here all I thought I had to worry about were all the bed bugs, but NOOOOOO!

2. profile image0

Seriously, herbs work much better and are much gentler on your system, not to mention much cheaper.  90% of people who actually have parasites test negative.

There are three herbs you can take that will kill most of them.

1. camlo profile image85
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And what are they?

1. profile image0

Black Walnut Extract
          Wormwood
          Cloves

That won't do you any good without knowing how to use them, though.

1. camlo profile image85

Yes, I Googled it in the meantime, and found out how to use them as well. It all seemed okay, until I got to the part about grinding cloves and filling 00 gelatine capsules with the resulting powder ... no time for that sort of thing.

What I didn't find; is there not a chance you'd kill off the good parasites together with the bad?

1. profile image0

All you have that is good is the good bacteria, and you can keep that alive by eating yogurt or taking pro-biotics.

And you don't have to grind and fill capsules yourself. There are all sorts of places that sell them.

1. camlo profile image85

I've heard that the bacteria contained in yoghurt etc. do not usually survive to the bowel.

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I recall mom used to look at our butts at bedtime looking for worms. I don't think she ever found any, but it did intrigue me then as I was only about three or four. "You'll get worms." she'd say if we'd stick our finger in cake batter to eat. what a crock.

1. profile image0

Not a crock. Kids are notorious for not washing their hands, and parasites can easily get onto your hands, then into the cake batter, then into your mouth. That's how most people get worms...from petting an animal, or kissing an animal, or just walking where an animal has pooped.

4. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Seems like a couple good shots of gin in a martini would clean up anything. wink

1. Garrett Mickley profile image78
      Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Alcohol kills germs, right?

big_smile

gonna crack open a beer when I get home.

1. lorlie6 profile image72
        lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

EEEEEWWWWWW, now you're eating them???

5. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Toads give you warts too.  smile

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You shouldn't have sexual relations with them then! big_smile

try a chicken instead.....hahahahaha! big_smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dude, it's hard enough to get a date.  Why be judgmental?

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

since I stopped going into the religious and political forums I've not had to do any more parasite cleansing!  I highly recommend it!  smile

7. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1181560_f520.jpg

1. profile image0
      SilverGenesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I enjoyed this one way too much!

8. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

If your not to scared to find out what kind of parasites live in your body here you go:

https://humaworm.com/welcome.html

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Toooooooo nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I thought this thread was about getting rid of mooching mates.  People have worms!!!!!!!  Where oh where have their mouths been?  No, don't answer that!

This thread could have given you a whole new topic for one of those university lectures you used to do.    smile

1. profile image0

Gosh no, they couldn't cope!  They used to have nightmares every time I did the 'Senior Sexual Health' one.

Eh - they shouldn't feel bad.   I have an aunt who's in her sixties and she makes jokes about "what it's like when you get there"..  smile  (Then again,  unless they were seniors themselves, I'm wondering why they'd even be in such a class unless they were going into that field (in which case, they'd better develop a little coping skill, right?)

1. profile image0

A, it was a session designed to stop the students bursting  in on senior loving couples living in care establishments.  Ah, the arrogance of youth.  You have to be out of your 20's to realise that older age groups actually do it!

2. profile image0

If you would study it, you would find that simply petting your animal, or letting them lick your face, or walking barefoot outside can give you parasites, not to mention eating rare cooked meat, or raw veggies without washing properly.

I do wish people would take this more seriously. I posted a serious question.

9. Wendy Krick profile image64
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

My husband and I did a colonix cleanse a few years back. You feel really good when it is all done, but it is really gross.

For those who don't have a weak stomach, go to the colonix cleanse site and click on Picture Gallery.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those are formulated to make it LOOK like something is being done.  What you are seeing is the stuff you are taking after it is transmogrified into that hideous mess as it passes through your system.  It's a tremendous scam.  It's fiber with a lot of scary looking theatrical effect stuff added in.

1. Wendy Krick profile image64
        Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All I know is it is gross! Yuck!

2. profile image0

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. I did a cleanse once without eating a thing, and you would not believe all the stuff that came out of me!

If you've ever done the Master Cleanse, which is nothing but lemon juice and syrup with some cayenne pepper thrown in, you'd know that that "transmogrified stuff" is already inside you.

10. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

they like sugar, so alcohol would just encourage them!   like my ex, for instance.

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was he a dirty good for nothin cheetah? Sorry to easy.

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

how did you know? cheetah for real, he was!  I had to run out on him!

11. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Aren't cleanse manufacturers required by law to list their ingredients on the label like other consumer products?
    How come the box doesn't say
    "fiber with a lot of scary looking theatrical effect stuff added in" tongue ?????

12. Bail Up ! profile image61
    Bail Up !posted 13 years ago

Drinking a Gallon of golylyte solution just like you would do for a colonoscopy would render the same results, an empty bowel.

13. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Years ago I read a book about a young man who grew up in Ukraine or somewhere else in Eastern Europe (I forget exactly where), in which he described how they got rid of internal worms.  He got wayyyyy toooooo graphic for me, and I will definitely not describe the result (eeeewwwww to the infinitieth power).  But the method intrigued me.  Basically he fasted for a few days, then he ate handfuls of raw garlic.  That was it.  But it's not something I would recommend to the squeamish, and I doubt I would be brave enough to try it if I ever felt I needed to.

14. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I've read it's really vital for meat eaters to do so.  I'm glad to be a vegetarian... but I have done a P cleanse.... Why not it can't hurt and the herbs and what not are harmless to us!

15. timorous profile image80
    timorousposted 13 years ago

These colon cleansers are made of various herbs and natural fibre products.  The basic idea is that these natural ingredients combine with water to break up the compacted grunge where these undesirable parasites have made their home. 

After a couple of days, your body starts to flush out the horrible stuff along with the parasites.  Absolutely gross for a few days, mind you...but a great relief afterwards.  The cleansers that work more slowly are a bit better (you don't have to be ready to hit the bathroom the whole time smile )

In the meantime, the natural ingredients establish a more normal colon function, where the beneficial organisms can maintain your digestive system as it was intended. Of course, if you go back to eating the same junk food and snacks you were eating before, you're back to where you started.

You need to keep eating those fibre foods: fruits, vegetables, beans, etc. if you want your digestive system to keep working properly.

Happy bowelling, peeps big_smile
    Hope I didn't totally gross yaz out.

1. profile image0

Thank you for an intelligent reply. It really amazes me that seemingly intelligent people don't understand that there are so many ways for these buggers to get inside your body and set up housekeeping.

It's estimated the more than 80% of the population has some sort of parasitic infestation, roundworms being the most common.

1. timorous profile image80
        timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That may or may not be the case.  Anyway, I think the importance is grossly overstated.  There are all sorts of organisms in our bodies..most of them carrying on a perfectly natural symbiotic relationship. 

This cleansing business is a relatively recent idea.  Before the 1980's it was virtually unheard of.  Before that, people were generally fairly healthy.  This is mostly because, the further back you go, the fewer packaged foods and chemicals people were exposed to.

Also, people were more active (in the old days) before computers, and most meals were cooked at home from fresh, natural ingredients.

The reason there's so much obesity and poor health today, is because too many people aren't eating enough natural foods, and not getting enough exercise.  If they did, they'd be healthy and fit a great deal of the time, and wouldn't need such 'cleansing', or pharmaceuticals...in a vain attempt to correct a problem that is far more safely addressed with a proper diet.

Relax Amie, it's not worth getting yer arse tied up in knots over...seriously. cool

1. profile image0

Au contraire! My grandmother made us take castor oil every night because she said it killed worms, and she had a special vinegar drink that she said was a blood cleanser.

But I agree that the reason our bodies can't clean themselves anymore is because of all the crappy food and lack of exercise, which causes sweat, which is the best way to detox! Take those toxins out through your skin, and they don't have to go through your liver at all.

I do believe that all the additives in food build up in your body, though. No way can your liver handle all that. It's not built to.

Amie...do really believe you were any better off by ingesting castor oil?  You need to be a lot more skeptical about old and new health remedies.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to attain 'perfect health', except that you'd end up being crazy, and therefore not in perfect health.  A healthy dose of common sense, and a natural diet will help keep you on an even keel most of the time.  Since you can't really avoid some of the chemicals in processed foods and environmental toxins, you should do the cleansing thing every few months.

Having said that, some things are worth a try.  You mentioned the vinegar drink.  It's making a comeback apparently.  See the following hub:

The Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

16. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Whatever you consider 'cleansing' it has nothing to do with parasites.  If you have worms you need to take medication to get rid of them.  And vegetarians are as likely to have them as meat eaters.  Most are caught by contact with animals or feces (e.g. grass, gardening).

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

or sushi smile

2. profile image0

Most medicine is made from plants. Herbal medicine has been around much longer than the crap chemicals they give you today. I am not going to take toxic poisons to rid myself of other toxic poisons. Just doesn't make sense.

Yeah...I totally agree. big_smile Keep it natural.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would say keep it *effective*.  If you have a natural and artificial effective option, by all means choose natural.  But a parsite cleanse does not in fact eradicate parasites, if you actually have any you need to target them with an effective treatment.

17. psycheskinner profile image83

Yes, I guess un- or undercooked meat could do it too.  But the little bugger attach to your gut lining, so no type of food will totally elminate them--which is what I would want!

1. profile image0

Ever heard of a liver fluke? One of the most common parasites, and it isn't anywhere near your intestines.  There is the intestinal fluke that lives in your intestines.

All parasites aren't worms. In fact, Malaria is caused by a microscopic parasite, as is Giardia, a very common, almost epidemic, parasite in the U.S.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites … iardia.htm

18. profile image0

I move this thread be removed. Gross cannot even describe the emotions. big_smile all in favor say aye.

19. Glimmer515 profile image62
    Glimmer515posted 13 years ago

I was in the hospital last summer and on bed rest for 2 months because of  a parasite. It really did suck the life at me. It was the owrst experience ever!!!! They gave me a medication called Flagyl to kill the parasite. I dont know if ay kind of cleanse would have helped

20. psycheskinner profile image83

Indeed.  The cleasning 'chelation' claims are particularly baffling--simply biologically impossible.

21. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

You can find lots of good info on 'curezone', or just Google Hulda Clarke and pick your cleanse, she tells you exactly what to do, and sells nothing... so look it up.

No real healing takes place until you have rid the body of parasites, and believe me, we all probably have them, unless you have done or regularly do use herbs and stuff to keep clear of them.

This is a serious subject, folk die if they get infested.

Gross it may be, but essential also.

22. psycheskinner profile image83

Yes, very serious.  Which is why it is important to point out that there are no 100% effective organic anti-helminthics (dewormers).

1. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can agree with that, and yes, we always need to give a warning, especially to folk who may not know much about alternative health, so people, unless you know what you are doing....

Always consult a health practitioner (preferably one trained in both disciplines) before self medicating.

23. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

sunstreeks has a hub on it http://hubpages.com/hub/Herbal-Parasite … h-Humaworm

she chronicles 30 days of cleansing ups and downs and "results"

24. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

And yet natural cleansing will not remove these parasites, at best it will then them out a bit.  Those that actually need to be removed, need you to take another approach.

25. ftclick profile image56
    ftclickposted 11 years ago

do probiotics afterwards and stay away from the GMO foods.
    Do you ever wonder why nowadays some common fruits or vegetables look different on the inside than 10 or 20 yrs ago?  GMOs. I just had a freakish looking orange the other day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)