are you happy

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image58
    Butta6363posted 13 years ago

Think about it. Can you say you are truly happy? Is there something you feel is missing in your life? Love, money,family???? Is there really a true happy person out there with no worries. Lets see!!!!!

1. LondonGirl profile image81
      LondonGirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm happy. Very happy.

2. pink flavour profile image59
      pink flavourposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is happines ? Each of us understands it differently . It's really hard to say you are 100% happy but it's all about the small things that bring your everyday life joy . You have to find these and stick to them so that you can go on with any problem .

1. perfectperception profile image59
        perfectperceptionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree small things can bring happiness but with the big things we are elated!

2. Angela Nielsen profile image57
        Angela Nielsenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Happiness in my own opinion is the contentment of once feelings and desire that cause the person to be happy.

3. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm single and very happy. No stress, loving life right about now.

4. profile image57
      Lizzyfannyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Though most people are not 100% happy, but we have about few percent of people that claims to be. I believe that the control to our happiness is in our hand. You and i can make ourselves happy if we want to.

5. Sunnyglitter profile image82
      Sunnyglitterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not happy now.  But I believe that happiness comes from within (seriously).  I could have the perfect life, but still be unhappy.  When you love and believe in yourself, you will be happy.  I've been there before.

6. Right On Time profile image60
      Right On Timeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm happy because of planning and sheer determination and working very hard. I will be happier in the future.

2. TammyHammett profile image60
    TammyHammettposted 13 years ago

I can honestly say with every ounce of my being that I am truly happy. I have an amazing husband, 3 beautiful children, great family and friends.  I always say that unhappiness lies within comparison (a quote I picked up from somewhere and love). Also, if you are constantly wanting more and not appreciating or being satisfied with what you have, this causes unhappiness as well. Happiness is an internal mind set. A truly happy person can find happiness in anything. Your partner, your money, your family, your house, none of these can make you happy. Happiness comes from within. When I was teaching, there was a song I loved, "Accentuate the Positive, Eliminate the Negative"!!!  Being a happy person draws more positive energy to you.

3. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

I am happy. The only thing I would to have more is : Time. Time to read, write, learn. But  appreciate what we have is one of the secrets of happiness!

4. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 13 years ago

I've come to the belief that I am happy most of the time.   I've also come to realize that I am subject to those bio-rhythyms whereby I'm aware now, when I'm a little down, that it won't last.   My 'default' is Happiness, and I return to it fairly quickly.   

I hope you do, too.

5. shimmering Dawn profile image70
    shimmering Dawnposted 13 years ago

Happy ... happy as happy gets.. Yeah I am happy!! all the time.. 
    Because I decide to be happy and come what may, I think and feel happy.. call me happy feet if you want to..

Happiness is all bout enjoying what you having and living your life well.

I am and wish all of you here, the same.. smile

6. onrea profile image61
    onreaposted 13 years ago

The definition of happiness?  Maybe a bit subjective, however whatever your views are it's important to know what makes you happy.  Once you know then live your life accordingly and dont hurt anybody.

Me, I'm happy with myself but will not be satisfied until I reach my goals!!!

7. Seafarer Mama profile image78
    Seafarer Mamaposted 13 years ago

Yes I am happy. I agree with the other hubbers about how we find happiness...by focusing on what we are grateful for. If time is a problem, find ways to rearrange your schedule for doing more of what you love, and be firm with those who have a propensity toward stepping on that.

The comparison thing is important, too. My mother has a habit of comparing my lifer to others' to point out how my lifestyle lacks in comparison. I disagree. I wrote a book and it has just been released for purchased (My newest hub, "The Adventure of Writing a Book" details that journey). I am euphoric. But part of the success of the book will depend on people willing to buy it (if you love gardening, there is a link to a means for purchasing it at the end of the aforementioned hub). My husband supported me and my friends now encourage me to go out there and promote myself. I just ordered some business cards to promote it, and as soon as they arrive, I will be talking to managers to bookstores.

It's not just the book, though. There is much in my life that I love to do, and I find ways to do them. I totally love my daughter, and make sure I play with her a while every day. She is my "miracle child" and is so precious!

Hope all of you hubbers find happiness in your everyday lives. It's the best way. Happy holidays and happy new year!

8. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I think I'm doing okay.

9. perfectperception profile image59
    perfectperceptionposted 13 years ago

Definitely!

10. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

I am happy with the things in my life, it is the challenges that are thrown my way that cause my happiness to wobble.

11. Alta5656 profile image60
    Alta5656posted 13 years ago

I'm single and I am happy.

If things doesn't seem to go my way, I always believe that there must be a good reason for it. God is watching us.

Jacob's son Joseph's "death" brought so much grief to the father, but God has a great plan for Joseph. God's plan was known after several long years and brought the family together and saved them.

12. joleenruffin profile image60
    joleenruffinposted 13 years ago

I can't say I am always happy. But I always have joy.

13. profile image0
    Pachuca213posted 13 years ago

So-So.

14. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

I am always happy except a few days of my life.

15. wearing well profile image75
    wearing wellposted 13 years ago

If I could bottle happiness I would,brand it,sell it,make a fortune and then I would be truly happy because I would have shared a precious special thing smile

16. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Yes, I'm happy - I'm in control of my life, rather than my life being in control of me, and I'm happy with it. 

Being happy with my life doesn't mean there aren't some things from my past that I would rather weren't there, or choose to change if I could.  Being happy doesn't mean I don't still want some things that I may never have.  Being happy doesn't mean I have everything I could ever want - Being happy is a state of mind that I choose to reveal to the world around me.

And, just because I'm happy right now, doesn't mean I'll be happy every moment for the rest of my life.  I accept that there will be times when I'll be full of despair, or sadness, or anger, or pain, or whatever.  But, I'll choose to return to being happy because what's the point in not being happy overall?

17. ketchup101 profile image59
    ketchup101posted 13 years ago

I am HAPPY! smile

18. iloegbe profile image56
    iloegbeposted 13 years ago

I am not happy most of the time. I have not been able to fulfill my obligations and aspirations.

19. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Happy? - I am now, posted a new hub this afternoon, another this evening and just in the middle of posting a third hub right now...

Too late to start another... but a happy day all round me thinks tongue big_smile

20. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Yes.  There are truly happy people.  Sometimes, though, being truly happy can't mean "no worries", because the things that make some of us happy are also things that make us worry.  (Like having children who are old enough to either be out being teenagers, or else old enough to be living on their own and having their own challenges.)  There's "deeply happy" and then there's "fun happy" (which isn't likely to be something we have all the time).  Then there's "deliriously happy" (which, if we were always in that state, would likely be kind of goofy under a lot of circumstances  lol ).  There's also "perfectly happy", which a lot of people are a good part of the time.

I've had lots of "perfectly happy" AND "deeply happy".  These days - I'd say I'm more "deeply happy", because there are some things in my life that need to be ironed out before I'll be "perfectly happy" again.

21. profile image53
    kkinksposted 13 years ago

I am happy but I have always got that feeling inside me where its all going to go wrong and it wont go away!!

22. matherese profile image60
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

Have you ever heard the word contentment Butta6363? A contented person is always happy

23. Extinct Soul profile image60
    Extinct Soulposted 13 years ago

Maybe I'm happy and I just don't know it...smile

24. M K Paul profile image71
    M K Paulposted 11 years ago

Yes I am happy.I find my love.I have wonderful family. I feel that no one is more than happy than me.

25. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't say I don't have any worries, I'd be lying if I did, but I'm very happy with my life as it is now. I have just about everything I want, a loving husband and daughter, a vehicle that runs, a home to live in, food on the table etc. All my needs are met. I can do without those things I "want" as long as I have my family, a home, and enough food to feed the family. Being madly in love with my hubby makes everything that much better! big_smile

1. LongTimeMother profile image92
      LongTimeMotherposted 11 years ago

I think it is important to hold onto the memory of happiness when trying to haul yourself out of a slump. I remember true happiness. Not there today and may never be again. I'm learning for the first time that there's such a thing as a sadness that you simply can't shift. I'm still happy on many levels, and that's a good thing.

I feel sorry for people who never have the chance to know true happiness.

2. profile image0
      heatherdosposted 11 years ago

Yes. I am Happy. Happiness is a choice. I've worked hard to be happy!

1. Ramsa1 profile image61
        Ramsa1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree that happiness is a choice, heatherdos. Sometimes we have to work on ourselves a bit to get there, but it is a choice nonetheless.

3. Globetrekkermel profile image63
      Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

Yes, i am. I will not say i am ecstatically happy all the time but I can say I am generally content. There are still the once in a while I got the blues days but overall, i'd say i am happy and content.I don't sweat a lot of stuff and i don't take life seriously. That  's probably the reason why I feel content and happy most of the time.

4. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 11 years ago

The reason I am not happy is because I am mourning a loss. But I must admit that I was happy before it happened and I will be happy again.
      Happiness is not a condition on whether or not you have money, love or family. The only love that can bring you happiness is love of self. When you love yourself and are satisfied with the life you have, even if you are broke or alone (without a spouse) than you can truly say you are happy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)