The 12 Hubs of Christmas HubChallenge

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (71 posts)
  1. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Christmas is a busy time of the year. So I thought that instead of committing to 30 hubs in 30 days, that I could quite easily manage 12 hubs in 12 days.

So here is a little song for my fellow HubChallengers...

On the twelfth day of December HubChallenge,
    my true love sent to me
    Twelve referrals tracking,
    Eleven comments pending,
    Ten trolls a-flaming,
    Nine traffic sources,
    Eight Adsense clicks,
    Seven sockpuppet bannings,
    Six threads reported,
    Five spammers flagged,
    Four forum fights,
    Three fresh hubs,
    Two new fans,
    And a first page result in Google S.E!

I shall be starting my DecHubChallenge on the 7th December as I will be heading off for a few days and won't be online so my Dell Netbook will be getting a hubpage workout while I'm away from home.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hee hee...that was great!

I was actually thinking of writing twelve Christmas hubs, how coincidental. I was going to write the first one called

On the 1st day of Christmas

and then in the hub it was going to be what 'my true love gave to me', 'a LCD HDTV', and then the next hub would be titled

On the 2nd fay of Christmas and would be linked to the first hub, etc.

ok, what the heck, I will accept the challenge - 12 hubs in 12 days.

here we go!

2. alexandriaruthk profile image68
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sweet away from home, nice song..

3. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image60
      Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darkside, what are sockpuppets, and what are trolls?

darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Trolls are people who deliberately pick fights in threads and are argumentative all the time.

A sockpuppet is a person operating one or more other accounts in addition to their own, pretending to be someone they're not. Generally backing themselves up in an argument, attacking other people who argue against the real account, or sometimes even argue with themselves, making the sockpuppet the one with the weaker opposing viewpoint.

4. darkside profile image66

I'll be starting mine tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. I'll probably be offline for almost a week. Which should be conducive to my hub article writing.

5. Google Gal profile image61
      Google Galposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That, Is Awesome

6. Google Gal profile image61
      Google Galposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That, Is Awesome

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Great song, darkside that made me laugh. And good luck to you!!!

3. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

What a spectacular idea!  The 12 Hubs of Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza... oh hell, the 12 Hubs of Festivus!!!

Can you rename the thread to 'The 12 Hubs of Christmas'.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Done.  But did you see my edit?  Are you sure "The 12 Hubs of Festivus" isn't better?

I'd really need to read a hub on the meaning of "Festivus" before I'm convinced big_smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
            Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, come on.  Festivus?  From Seinfeld?  Maybe YOU should write the hub as the first of your 12!

Sorry, but I was the one person on this planet that didn't watch Seinfeld.

Well I watched one episode, after much hype, and didn't laugh through the whole thing. So I never made an effort to watch it again after that.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Make that five of us.

Edit: I just noticed this is a revival of an old thread, good idea to get it going again!

darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I actually found the thread by doing a forum search for 'festivus'. A name I didn't know just over a year ago.

4. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

somebody tell me about sockpuppet bannings!

5. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

That is a super-duper idea, Darkside!  I'm game!  Thanks for giving us Nov challengers a slight break in between!  Do we want to create a keytag for it so HP can track results?

dechubchallenge would be good.

6. Ivorwen profile image67
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I love this idea, Darkside.  It is a challenge I'll take on.

12 Christmas hubs, on the way! 

Thank you for the inspiration.  It is much appreciated!  Please be nice to the sock puppets... they take loving care to make. wink

7. KCC Big Country profile image84

Sounds too much like Festus on Gunsmoke. big_smile

1. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image60
      Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or Uncle Fester on The Adams Family,  da da da dump! snap snap!

8. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I love it Darkside!

9. KCC Big Country profile image84

Don't feel bad, Darkside.  I had no clue either.  I was the other person on the planet that didn't watch Seinfeld.

1. blue dog profile image59
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually, that makes three of us.  i was only able to stomach about two minutes of one episode.  wait, there's a hub...

although i'm still trying to wrap up the novchallenge (started late), will attempt to join in.

1. RedElf profile image90
        RedElfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well add me for an even four, wink What a great challenge though! I am in! Do we post to this thread, or the regular one?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you post to the regular thread. I'm going to give it a try, but lost some days last week.

10. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

I like the idea. This is more manageable to me.

11. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm in. But is this 12 festive hubs or just random ones?

Great idea by the way DS and loved the tune smile

Just random ones.

And the lyrics just wrote themselves big_smile

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then that's magic. Christmas magic. I knew Santa was real big_smile

12. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

smile Love the new take on the song.
    12 hubs on festivals? All in dec? Too much work for me.
    Maybe I'll do them in Jan.

13. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Great idea Darkside.

12 huh? Do they all have to be about Christmas?

I'm more on the 17 hubs for Christmas as that is what I need to hit 100 hubs big_smile.

On anything you want.

And go for that magical 100 hub milestone!

1. emievil profile image67
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile. Keeping my fingers crossed on that 100

14. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

This is an absolutely fabulous idea.  I love it.  And I love the song. Just another display of Darkside's genius.

15. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I really should be writing a hub..... But this is thread was irresistible! I love the song Darkside! Even my mother in law had a good laugh and I have yet to convert her into a hubber hmm

16. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I think I will take this challenge too. Great idea! I'm in the same boat as emievil needing 17 to reach 100 hubs will have to see how that goes.

I'm done Christmas shopping but have a few things left to make so I'm working around that for now.

Hey lynne. Wanna race? big_smile

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are on!!!!

*shakes hands with lynne* see yah at the finish line big_smile

1. profile image0
            lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How ya coming along emievil? I've got 15 to go.

LOL. I'm behind you by one but I don't know if I can crank up anything this week. I'm out of town right now and will be back only this Thursday and my Internet connection is really not that good. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to write two to three this week. smile

17. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Darkside, brilliant - count me in, 12 times, cheers! big_smile big_smile big_smile

18. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i have nothing further to add except that i like Dee Dee MonSherie's name. that is one of the better ones i have seen around here smile

well, on to the hubs.

19. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

So can we post the hubs we have done so far for the 12 days of christmas here? And can we get a cool holiday gif pic thingy (like you get with the hubmob but with christmas hats on all the people or something) to include in the hubs? Also should we add a 12 hubs of christmas tag to the hubs we have done so far?

Post them in the usual thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

Tag them dechubchallenge. I guess you can use that tag for any hubs you've published in December.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool thanks big_smile

20. desu profile image56
    desuposted 14 years ago

Good luck with this strenuous challenge brotha!

21. glendoncaba profile image73
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

Tempting, but I want to settle into that TKA course and see if I can write targeted articles for a change. 

I finally succeeded at a 30 in 30 challenge in November. Was quite demanding.  So I think I deserve a break.

Best wishes for all those participating.  Perhaps the next challenge.

22. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

12 is more manageable for me than 30 that's for sure. smile
    Great idea Darkside. smile
    Merry Christmas!

23. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I'm in, but do they have to be about the holidays?

My goal is actually 25 more by the end of the year so I can reach 100, as well.

24. profile image0

You'll get there when you get back. Enjoy your time away and don't stress over it.

25. alexandriaruthk profile image68
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

I wish I can also write as many as you write guys, i need to learn more here,

26. profile image0

You'll get there too Alexandria. You have a good start with six hubs in 4 days. I haven't had a chance to check them out yet but I will get over there this morning and see what you have going on with them.

Slow and steady is best. Read and learn and then take what you learn to the next level.

27. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Wow cool darky nice idea you whipped out here count me in hehehehe...

Just finish the HubChallenge two days earlier...

28. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

if we do the 12 hubs of christmas, can we include any hubs we've written for the hubmob?  or must they be separate?

You most certainly can include them in with any hubchallenge.

29. profile image0

Not gonna make my 12/12 for this hubchallenge. This last week took a lot out of me that wasn't there to begin with after Thanksgiving and some things that went down then. I hope all of you have much better success at this one than I did.

30. bozzie123 profile image61
    bozzie123posted 14 years ago

Sounds good to me

31. KCC Big Country profile image84

I started on the 6th and finished on the 17th.  I managed to get 12 in.  Time for a bit of a break I think.

32. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

I'm too lazy to write that many hubs that quickly.

33. KCC Big Country profile image84

You get addicted once you do it.  I normally do the 30 hubs in 30 days.  It does get easier once you've been doing it awhile.

34. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

do these have to be 12 days in a row or just 12 during this busy month?

35. KCC Big Country profile image84

12 hubs, 12 days, any topic, post the links to the one regular thread.   Good luck!

I'm taking a short break until the 1st.  I'll probably get one or two out, but I'm relaxing.

36. writer83 profile image57
    writer83posted 14 years ago

I'd love to wrtie 12 - but my recent hubs have taken me the best part of a fortnight to finish as it is !

37. treasuresyw profile image59
    treasuresywposted 14 years ago

That was cool. Funny! I needed that smile:-)

38. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 13 years ago

So who's going to try and bang out 12 hubs in the 12th month of the year before Christmas crushes us?

39. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Well, I gave it a shot last year - so will try it again this season.

40. prairieprincess profile image92
    prairieprincessposted 13 years ago

Am I right in understanding that December ones count? Or not? Either way, I'm in! big_smile big_smile

And do we post as soon as we're done one, or how does it work? Thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)