Opinions on New HubPages Home Page

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (68 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

I have noticed that, when signed out, there is a new homepage.  I am not sure whether the new format is helpful.  There are some great hubbers featured making statements on how much they earn from this site, the rewards and a massive video that talks about HubPages.  There are also some links to topics, but no featured hubs or hubbers.

Now, I do realise that I don't really like changing formats, but this new homepage seems - sort of - in your face and a bit 'self serving', considering we are encouraged to share the love with hub karma.

I am posting this to be constructive in my critism and without offence.  Please, feel free to put an alternative view.

Thanks smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

I think the featured hubbers was good because it gave you a feel that success is possible (with some examples)...

1. Pearldiver profile image69
        Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Why do you think you opinion needs an alternative view? hmm

I totally agree with you!
        It's been an eye opener for me also....
        Most surprised Who has been enticed to gain such famous exposure and traffic!
        God knows I do my bit with my own web and se presence and at 97 'HubLinkability!' - Had to laugh at Whitney's screenshot showing 30% big_smile

Extremely 'self serving!'

1. profile image0
          shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Pearldiver - I dont want to come across as aggressive and critical. 

I am grateful for being here and the success that I have had with Hubpages.

However, I am not too sure that this new move will attract more writers - the great thing about behaviour modification techniques is about seducing people with reward - giving people something to aim toward. 

In this new set up, the reward has gone and the 'want' to strive to be 100, for example, has gone. 

Taking away incentives, might defrag people's motivation, for existing writers and, for newbies, could be a turn off, more than a turn on.

2. profile image0
        Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

The first time that I got to the new HP home page, I was a little thrown by it. Now, after a few days, it is starting to grow on me.

Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Moss tends to do that mate! big_smile

3. 2uesday profile image66
        2uesdayposted 13 years ago

My first thought on it was that the changing selection of hubs and Hubbers that featured on the 'unsigned in' home page is lost.

Also as it is about making money,I think it may encourage the 'get rich quick' type of sign ups that arrive and leave without adding to the quantity or quality of this site.

There are some interesting hubbers who are not here to make money but to write and if they had landed on the new  first page would they have signed up?

However, I can see that it might make good business sense to do this. Also, if any newbies do read the stories featured most of the people seem to have worked at writing hubs and did not become 'front pagers' over night.

I liked arriving on the old page unsigned to discover writers that were new to me so I miss that and now just sign in straight away, but then that home page is not aimed at me but to encourage more sign ups.

I can live with it and will not leave as the site has had lots of improvements since I arrived to make putting together hubs
        easier and better.

I am pleased you raised this though shazwellyn, as I did wonder what others thought about it and I will be interested to return to this some time (busy now) to read the responses you get about it.

4. Pearldiver profile image69

Oh I think there has been a significant change in many things since a positive force left here.

This is clearly a push to gain new and more impressionable 'writers'  and about Money!

I was horrified at HP Denying the payment of $50 to me that I won in the writing comp!  It was the First thing that I had won ever... and it meant a lot that it was here!  I had a computer prob that wouldn't allow me to download anything including their form for about 2 weeks.... but the new person here said "Nope! We are giving the money to someone else... you breached the seven day response time!!"  I was completely gob smacked because I had emailed them and told them I had a problem and yet they lost the loyalty for a mere $50! - Love Indian Givers smile

There..... Now it's Public Knowledge! hmm 
        I wonder who actually got my $50?? hmm

1. profile image0

Pearldiver, I know that you have always been grateful over the time here and I am sorry to hear that you may have been caught in the middle of a glitch.

The site builds on firm beliefs in the law of attraction.  To be grateful for manifesting a successful site like this is something for none of us to forget - whatever level you operate. 
          http://hubpages.com/hub/How_I_Use_The_Law_of_Attraction

What all of us need to remember is, if we set an example as a role model to others, then that leadership becomes viral to those that follow.  If you dont want people to 'self serve' by self promotion because it is not good (google) karma, then we should not demonstrate our own self promotion.  Self promotion comes in the form of the tongues of others.  It isnt manufactured.

A good product sells itself and will manifest successfully, that is attraction.  When a person or organisation start to doubt in the idea of positivity, success starts to unravel itself because the belief is no longer there.

So, what is happening?  Is the focus on high turnover writers who produces one or two hubs and leave because it just isnt happening quick enough?  For this is what the new homepage seems to attract.  Or are they focusing on bulk hub creations - generating pennies from masses rather than dollars from quality?

Now, I want to make it clear, this post is not intended to upset anyone, it has been written with good heart and intentions - I believe in HubPages.  I believe in its foundations and I also believe it can be the biggest success in online writing platforms - if it keeps those fundamentals alive - for those fundamentals have got HP to where it is today.  I am grateful to be a part of this.

You know, when I have often bought a food product that I have liked, purchased regularly and the organisations have 'new and improved' it, the product never tastes the same.  As a consumer, I slowly stop buying it.

2. travelespresso profile image69
          travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's dreadful PD and it's not right!  I'm shocked you experienced such treatment.

You're a winner in my mind PD.

1. profile image0

PD is a talented writer - winning the compitition in the first place is a testament to that smile

3. katiem2 profile image59
          katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

THAT'S nutters ...

Hey Pearldiver, You are a talented writer and deserve much Kudos.  Keep on bringing to the world your amazing voice and forget about the red tape.  All in all it's what we do for the world, the messages we provide that help others and makes the internet highway a more pleasant trip!

Much Love and Success to us ALL!  smile

1. profile image0
        4. Simone Smith profile image87
          Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pearldiver,
          I'm sorry you were not able to collect your winnings for the Eat, Drink & Be Hubbalicious contest, but because you did not send us an affidavit, we had to find an alternate winner.  We tried our best to be accommodating  and to extend the seven day period for you - by the time we chose an alterante winner, nearly a month had passed since you won - but we have an obligation to adhere to contest rules, and since there was no real date of when we might get the affidavit, there wasn't much to run on.
          I hope you participate in the next contest we have though!  Perhaps the technical issue has been resolved?  I bet you can do exceedingly well!

1. englightenedsoul profile image57
            englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Will there be a contest for december?

2. psycheskinner profile image84
            psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you consider sending the necessary form to her directly by email or post?  That would have been a nice gesture.

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
              Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We do in fact do that.

When you win a contest prize, you're emailed with the affidavit.

If the winner is, in fact, communicative with us, and for whatever reason can't print out the affidavit to sign it, then we will mail it to him/her. I know for a fact that we have done this once.

We try to be as accommodating as possible, but there are some winners who, for whatever reason, don't respond to our repeated reminders to return the affidavit which we require.

1. profile image0
                Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why not stick a special accolade on winners pages as well?

1. Jason Menayan profile image59

Not a bad idea - thanks!

1. profile image0

for hubnuggets too

3. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We didn't give you the money you won, but please spend more of your time and enter again on the faint hope you may win again and you might even get paid this time!

Now how can you resist this tempting offer, PD!  LOL!

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

it has remained the same each day I've checked it. while great promo, it doesn't represent the diverse group of people writing here.  will viewers even see the topic categories?

my personal opinion. I think different kinds of writers should be featured, not always the ones making the most $. Show off the talent here at HP. I hope the page changes more frequently. Maybe it's a trial run to see how it works?

I do like how the featured hubs are more prominent with larger images, but change them more frequently.

6. Aficionada profile image78
        Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Wow, I'm kind of surprised at this perspective.  I've been busy with Thanksgiving and family lately, so I haven't been on HP very much... but I have absolutely loved the new unsigned-in Home Page.  I think it looks much more professional and appealing than the old one did.  To me, it looks like the new HP HP puts a greater emphasis on articles/content, and I would assume that non-Hubbers would have a higher interest in the information we offer than in people they have no knowledge or awareness of.

I can understand the need for more diversity that has been mentioned - but I thought that was a problem with the old Home Page too.  Maybe the staff just needs to tweak the new Home Page to balance out your concerns?

PS - Pearldiver, I also hate that the award was given to someone else.  Did they respond to your initial e-mail at all?

7. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

It would be nice if the homepage focussed more on appealing to readers and showcasing good hubs.

8. Anath profile image63
        Anathposted 13 years ago

I liked it the first day. It was a refreshing change.
        But after a few days I don't like the fact that it remains static.  Neither Hubbers or hubs have changed, I am starting to get bored to see the same faces and hubs at the front :-(

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you entirely.

At first I thought about how refreshing and professional the front page looked, expecting the featured hubbers to change as always - but they didn't!
          I only recently found myself on the front page and it makes a huge difference to hub traffic levels having a hub featured there.
          It is an artificial spike as as soon as your hubs leave the front page, your traffic falls away unless it has been discovered by search engine traffic.
          Now I can never again see that spike sad

Oh and Pearldiver, I think that is shocking that you never received that hard won $50! I myself won the same prize (in a different contest I might add)and had a broken printer. Thankfully my scanner worked so I could still sign the affidavit and send it back which Simon kindly accepted even though it was mostly blank. My siggie must've been enough.
          But this a problem for us when we have hardware breakdown. Not all of us live near an internet cafe that can help us. Surely there must be some kind of electronic affidavit that can do instead?

9. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years ago

The great thing about HubPages forum, is we do have a chance to voice and have a say in how HubPages should look/run etc.  Hopefully this will help the organisers to be informed and improve things and, maybe, compromise between the past homepage look to the new look.  Im not opposed to a bit of self serving but I believe the HubPages product sells itself!

10. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years ago

the front page has been updated

1. profile image0

Yes, SF - I have noticed it is taking shape... getting better!

11. Pearldiver profile image69

Hey Thanks everyone for your kindness..
        I have the use of bach in the backblocks of one of the most remote places in NZ.
        It is a basic place that I can use any time that I want to lock myself away and write! That is where I was during that part of the comp and I had a hardware problem - no fax - no scanning abilty - no replacement parts - very basic internet access - and no mail box, or neighbors.  A truly awesome place that anyone in San Fran would not believe existed! Travelexpresso (as a kiwi) can confirm that the bushlands of the East Coast of NZ are indeed like this.
        When I could email you Jason... I did
        When I said in my email that it was a 2 hour trek on horseback.. I don't think you believed me and maybe thought that I was being a smartarse... which I wasn't.
        If you knew NZ - You would understand.
        Facts are for whatever Technical reason you put to this it a judgment call and you made it! I tried - You tried - I did get to send you my affidavit - You didn't even acknowledge that..
        It was a $50.00 lesson for all of us wasn't it?
        Come visit some day... I'll show you were natural inspiration comes from..
        But you might need $50 for a horse to get you back out again lol

1. travelespresso profile image69

Ah PD.  I just saw this post. Earlier, I wondered if you'd done something just as you've described and therefore unable to reply to HubPages. 
          Its very difficult for some to appreciate places like this exist and many of us love to spend time hibernating and realigning with nature.
          I still think its a shame that you missed out on a deserved prize.  Rules huh!  In my book they exist to bend in extenuating circumstances.

2. Jason Menayan profile image59

Hey PD,

Simone and I rechecked our emails - this was a contest that I had begun but that Simone took over (this was back in June), so we had to compare notes and emails. We do see that you did email the affidavit back on July 27, which was almost a month after the contest was over, and after we had designated an alternate winner (Michael Jay). Simone wrote you an email that day explaining this, but maybe you were offline again by that point.

We'll send you the $50 now via PayPal - we'll bend the rules a bit. Looking forward to you showing us around the New Zealand wilderness one of these days! smile

1. psycheskinner profile image84

That is a really nice gesture.  It is great to see that HP wants writers to be happy here smile

2. profile image0

*total respect, absolutely!*

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

very nice to read this. he's such a fantastic writer and hubber.

4. travelespresso profile image69

YES!!!!  This is a lovely gesture Jason and its nice to read this.  smile

5. profile image0

There, you see, positive communication really works.  Lots of HubPages kudos and good karma. wink

6. Pearldiver profile image69

Wow... Jason, Simone and crew...
            I have just noticed your post here..
            Thank You Guys.. I really do appreciate that decision and you have restored the great faith that I held in HP..
            I think you deserve the Kudos for this! smile
            Kiwis are very loyal birds, so this means far more than the $ value.
            As far as showing NZ is concerned - absolutely, you would be most welcome and with or without the $50 horse... I'd still make ya walk through the bush!! big_smile  (But only so you would experience the beauty here: In the way that most didn't!)
            Cheers to everyone and the team. Thanks again  smile

1. profile image0

Can I come too PD?  I would love a walk in the bush!  Bet it is really hot there now... snow here in the UK!

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Belated Congratulations fellow Kiwi and that sucks Hubpages never kept the prize for ya,set it aside, and just went onto the next competition.

Oh well never mind we gonna win the World Cup eh,write about the hoop la and make double the prize money smile

Homepage is kinda looming an in your face ,some days its ok ,other days same ole people ,so I log off  lol

13. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

I'm a Kiwi too, although currently living in the US.  We do get around wink

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
          Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice one psycheskinner!! kia ora .
          Im in Ohio, where are you at ? smile

1. psycheskinner profile image84

I'm in Illinois, Near Chicago.  Just had our first snow while my mother is planting her summer veges....

2. profile image0

I'm a kiwi living in Aussie

14. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Jason that is a brilliant decision to make! Well done and thank you!

15. Whitney05 profile image84
        Whitney05posted 13 years ago

It has a more professional look.

I think that once in a while, the hubbers should change.. The section that shows the success stories always features the same hubbers.

16. 2uesday profile image66
        2uesdayposted 13 years ago

That is great news for Pearldiver smile, but also it send positive vibes to all who read this that the people at the centre of the 'Hub' are human and do respond to Hubbers in a considerate way. smile

17. Whitney05 profile image84
        Whitney05posted 13 years ago

It's nice that they paid you the money, but in a way it isn't fair. If they break the rules for one hubber in one contest, then why have rules? They can just break rules all the time for different hubbers for different reasons.

I mean, goodness, there was attempts at communication and leeway time. The affidavit was sent in a month late, well over the contest and after the extended period.

What's the next rule we're allowed to break on the next contest? Maybe I'll try to break that one and  get credit anyway.... I can always bring up how the rule was bent before and it's only fair to be bent again.

Grapes of Wrath Huh? roll

I find it interesting that you are of the belief that you have stated ALL THE FACTS... hmm

You Haven't and I don't believe that you would actually Know them would you? hmm

You get Your Share of Traffic via the Pulling Power of My Hubs Whitney!
          Why Do You Always consider it your place to be Sooo Put Out? hmm
          Come Visit.... You'll Need A Compass and a Better Attitude..
          Hell... I wouldn't want to have to spend $50 bribing the locals to take you out of their pot!! big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol that was so funny lol bribing locals.. (obiously ya didnt mean some of my redneck rellies).....

Well nothin to do with me ,I'll just go back to my knitting lol  lol cackles in the corner

2. profile image0

Just like politics, there is always a multifaceted argument.  Nothing is ever clear cut. *sigh*

However, I always like the idea of goodwill gestures... it inspires, errr, goodwill smile x

18. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years ago

There is always someone who wants to throw a spanner in the works! Whitney you are way out of line with this comment.
        There were indeed extenuating circumstances in this case.
        I cannot imagine the rules being bent in the case of a non-regular hubber.
        If you enter a contest you check back to see how you've done.
        If you only throw a hub up twice a year and forget all about it, and never check your emails, then you deserve to lose the prize.
        This was NOT the case here and you know it.

19. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

Whitney, I'm sure, as Jason commented, there was careful consideration taken before making the decision. if you google bumble town, new zealand, it's so small, the first entries that come up are PD's hubs. give the guy a break. I'm proud of HP for bending in this situation.

20. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I am glad HP staff considered it.

Rules can be changed, so next time they will just have to amend and state that once you emailed the staff of your circumstances then it is as good as cash already even though it will take time to mail it. I think PD did that. Usually other contests give six months leeway.

We all learn from experience that is why rules are not static. It is good to be considerate and HP staff did just that.

21. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Great result Pearldiver smile Glad to hear that HP have been flexible and given you what you deserve.

22. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Kudos to HP for their efforts in this instance.  Extenuating circumstances often require special efforts for things to be made right.  But someone will always bitch about it, just human nature!  Congrats PD!  You earned the cash, enjoy the reward!

23. Pearldiver profile image69

Thanks Guys smile

Sadly some would always feel it was their place to take the last scone off the plate, wouldn't they? hmm
        Even if it was just taken to feed the dog! big_smile lol

24. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

Good call, Jason and the team smile

Have to agree with Izzy - some of us live in the back of beyond and are a computer breakdown away from complete isolation.

I once had a period where my internet went down for a couple of weeks, so I know how PD feels. It is not like we can walk to the nearest internet cafe or computer repair shop.

25. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Hey Surfi-long time no see smile
        Hope ya doing well and still enjoy hangin with the locals!

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
          Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi EK - doing just fine, here - we still manage to find the time to enjoy some food, wine and song smile

How about you? Hope that things are going well!

26. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Food,wine and song ,ok Im jealous smile

Im still in the USA,relocated a couple of times ( as ya do) lol

Thought Id try n up the pennies ,and wake my brain up n write some...

Its a hard life huh ,but someones gotta do it eh smile

1. Alison Graham profile image94
          Alison Grahamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is nice to see that Hubpages 'Mission Control' does listen to the voices of Hubbers, well done Pearldiver.
          However, this thread started out talking about the new front page. As has been pointed out in this thread, getting a spot on the front page does boost traffic enormously. I started another thread because I did not realise that this one had been started - apologies and thankyou shazzwellyn for pointing me in the right direction.
          I would like to know the criteria for selection to appear on the front page - it would be nice to know that if your hub got xxx visitors or a score of xxx, there would be a chance to appear - but what do I know, I don't even understand why the UK bid for the 2018 World Cup only got 2 votes!
          I must say, that there have been some fantastic changes for the better in my seven months on hubpages - in my opinion, the new front page is not one of them and gives me the impression that the playing field is not level. 
          There, I have done it, seven months here and that is the first contentious thing I have said in a forum - but I look forward to reading the replies!

1. profile image0

I agree with you, for the reasons mentioned... so it looks like Hubber features will be limited, doesnt it?

2. Jason Menayan profile image59

Sorry for the late reply. This is not in the Official Announcements forum, but it's a thread I replied to earlier, so it was "on my radar."

Searchers land on Hubs directly most of the time, and existing users are typically logged in already so they don't see the front page (or, rather, the logged-out front page).

The front page of HubPages primarily gets traffic from people who have heard about HubPages and want to explore. That can include people who might be new Hubbers, as well as the press and others (bloggers, analysts, etc.) that would write about us.

So we decided to change the format of the front page to cater to those 2 groups:
            - would-be Hubbers
            - press and others that cover HubPages

The featured Hubs are updated every week, and include HubNugget winners and candidates, HubMob participants, contest entries, and other great Hubs that Simone finds (and that have large pictures!).

The success stories are there to demonstrate that with persistence and patience, you really can earn. The link goes to a success stories page that explains their stories in more detail.

We hope everyone understands that the more successful we are as a whole, the more successful each sincere participant is. Each Hubber benefits from the press and attention we get as a whole.

I totally understand that every change takes a little getting used to, but we hope you can understand our reasons and we hope you like James's new design. smile

27. Cheeky Girl profile image68
        Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Perhaps it's contents and features should be updated more regularly - just a suggestion, I don't always see the page as I go straight to my hubs...that's just me.

28. Alison Graham profile image94
        Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

I have been thinking about this a lot since I made my first post in this thread - and I think what is bugging me about the new home page is that in my opinion, it no longer reflects the diversity and the huge breadth of information that is available here on HubPages - just look at the massive list of categories available to writiers and see how small a section of these topics are actually given any prominience.

29. barryrutherford profile image74
        barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

I prefered the previous page but maybe I am getting old & set in my ways.

It seemed less of a sell and as such probably gave more realistic expectations...

1. profile image0

I agree with you Barry.  It seems a bit 'in your face'.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)