Yea! I hit 100 for the second time. How many times have you hit 100?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (69 posts)
  1. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

I've hit 100 for the second time during my tenure on Hubpages. How many times have you reached 100?

1. princess g profile image60
      princess gposted 13 years agoin reply to this

never. I haven't gotten past 93. congrats!

2. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats. So far 94 maximum. Hope is there.smile

3. hubber-2009 profile image56
      hubber-2009posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Don for scoring 100 for the second time//

4. snakebaby profile image65
      snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sigh, the most I've got is 95. I know score is almost nothing, but who doesn't like higher numbers? It's just fun. When I have spare time, I may check some hubbers with 100, and see what they have been doing around the time, hehe...big_smile

5. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I reached 99 once (with less than 30 hubs)...not bad, I guess. But, I can always try to make it better. My plan is to write as many hubs as I possibly can - we will see what happens then!

6. iamalegend profile image61
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

never hit 100.Reached 91, roll

1. snakebaby profile image65

Wow, how come it went down to 67 now? Strange, isn't it? No sense at all. A hubber took down all his hubs and canceled his account a while back after his score dropped from close to 90 to mostly under 70. Not sure what could cause this. Though it makes no difference if your score is 75 or 90, it does change things if it hovers around under 70.

1. iamalegend profile image61

i don't know. but it's not affecting my  traffic. And there is a slight increase in trffic too. smile

1. snakebaby profile image65

Yeah, it doesn't affect traffic, but it has impact on backlinks, as I've learned. If you don't have any linking strategies and do not plan to do so, then you can forget about the numbers once for all:)

1. iamalegend profile image61

i'm mainly preferring backlinks from out side of hubpages. I know that if my author score become by links become no follow. And idon't want to play this number game. What i'm saying is stop looking at your hubscore or author score.

Don Simkovichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree that the author score / Hub score is not a mark of how well the Hub is doing in terms of Adsense or Amazon sales. It is nice to feel there's some recognition for activity. I just try to write well and pass along useful info. and you're right, people should not become hung up on their Hub score.

1. Judy HBerg profile image79
                  Judy HBergposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great advice Don-no wonder you've reached 100 more than once. Congrats!

7. shabarigirish profile image61
      shabarigirishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Don, I havn't reached 100 so far. 94 is my best score, hope to reach 100 soon. smile

8. warchild75 profile image63
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

3 times,once for virtually a whole day!!!smile

9. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never. And congrats! smile

2. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

Once, I wish it were more!

3. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

What do you think accounts for reaching 100?

1. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been there three or four times and I have to say that I cannot see ANYTHING that causes it.

Of course it is not, but it seems arbitrary and unrelated to anything I have been doing, seems not to have to do with traffic, earnings, comments, hub hopping nothing.

They may delay updating this just to make it harder to tell!

I've said before that I think somebody throws a dart and that's your score smile

4. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Congrats on your 100.  I was 100 for a period of about three hours once.  It were grand.

5. prairieprincess profile image91
    prairieprincessposted 13 years ago

wow, that is quite an achievement! congrats! The highest I have reached is 93.

6. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Congrats smile First I thought it was earnings. Last week I went upto 95.

7. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I'll just say that I've been up again near the magic 100 figure in the last week, so I put some more effort in - answers, comments, all that jazz.  My score went down.

1. Pcunix profile image92

Ayup.  It  will do that. 

Try going off for a short vacation and finding it goes up!

No rhyme or reason ever!

2. TahoeDoc profile image77
      TahoeDocposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm trying to remember to not pay much attention, but I'm trying to figure things out around here.
      I was up to 89 which took a long time to reach, can't break 90. I was nominated for one of those hubnugget thingies (yay), answered a bunch of forum questions, had a spike in pageviews with an increased percentage of organic traffic with more comments on my hubs. Individual hub scores almost all went up.

Score went down to 84 over less than a day, sigh.

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I will have to ask my count-master who keeps track of everything I do and how many times I do it.  I, myself, have lost count!  not bragging, or anything.  lol

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I've been 100 a few times but that's obviously just because I am brilliant!
    wink

10. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

It comes, it goes.  I have no idea how many times nor why it happens.  It's a secret I suppose! smile

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice little poem, RD! And I agree!

2. Don Simkovich profile image60

Yes, Randy ... quite poetic!

11. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

In four years, I've hit 100 more times than I've noticed.  After the first dozen times or so, it's not a big deal.

12. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

Oops! Now I've dropped to 99. It was fun to reach 100 for a few hours. Habee, looks like you've been at 100 consistently for a long time.
    The score is not a big deal for me. Although I feel I've learned Hubpages for publishing and writing quality Hubs. As long as I provide useful information, I'm satisfied.
    More than anything, I appreciate the community here.

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Don! My score slips every now and then. I still don't know how the thing is figured. lol

I think there are a bunch of variables . . . a variable of variables . . . I'm sure two variables of the scores have to do with quality of articles and probably traffic origination. I would think search engine traffic is rated more highly than Hubpages traffic. Are you getting a lot of search engine traffic these days? You must be since you had a high Adsense payout the other day.

2. Pcunix profile image92

Ayup. Sometimes if you blink, you could miss it.

I hope you remembered to take a page snap so you will know you really were there?

smile

13. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Does 100 on HubKarma count?  LOL  lol  lol  lol

Not that it's there anymore, but I did have that for a few hours once.  Or maybe it was only for a few minutes. lol Since then, it's been dropping... dropping... dropping....

I know that HK doesn't mean anything important, but it's still nice to see three figures occasionally.

14. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i was 99 this morning but now dropped to 98; never made the magical 100 when i have been looking- I kid myself that it gets awarded whilst I am asleep!

15. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Don, I have hit 100 twice so far and stayed there for a whole week.

16. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Congrats!  I'm not there at the present!  But you are and that's amazing!  smile

17. viryabo profile image96
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Once.

I think it was for about 8hrs.

Since then, the number 100 seems so elusive.hmm

Can't figure out what i did wrong, for it never to return.

Oh well, you win some(adsense clicks), you loose some(hubbers score points).

18. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Congrats DS.  Its such a great feeling when you get the first 100!!!  I'm sure you enjoyed the buzz and I'm equally sure you'll get there again soon.

Me - I've been there quite a few times and I'm there at the mo but in the blink of an eye (even by the time I post this) it can disappear.  I still like to see it though smile

19. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

I've been 100 several times and it is really exciting!

But..... would rather have lots more traffic and earnings. The two things do not necessarily correlate.

1. travelespresso profile image68
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hear hear to that CMH!!!

20. steffer profile image60
    stefferposted 13 years ago

never, don't get above 93

21. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

Congratulations. I just hit 100 today. This is my third time but I do not know how long I am going to stay there.

22. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

congrats Don! It is exciting.
    I've now hit it enough times to stop counting, but it's always nice to see 100. The first time especially is exciting.

23. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Congratulations squared, Don!

I've never hit it, I'm not even trying for it because it seems like a lot of work.

It's probably best not to try for it!

24. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Congrats. I have never had 100 score. 96 is the highest ive reached. O well, maybe one day....

25. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Once or twice. It comes and goes. As easy to predict as the weather smile

26. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

Well done on the 100 smile I think my highest is 94 sad

27. lex123 profile image81
    lex123posted 13 years ago

Congrats. My maximum is 97. Hope at least once to see in 100.

28. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Congrats!! I am yet to strike Gold at hundred, just lurked around 97 for a bit and then fell back on the scores!!
    Cling on to it!! smilesmilesmile

29. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

Further to my previous post - i just struck the 100

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see your 100 and raise you another 100! smile

Congrats to you!

2. Don Simkovich profile image60

Wonderful, caseworker ... enjoy the century mark.

3. viryabo profile image96
      viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Case.

30. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I have only reached the heights of '99' not sure how or what get's you the extra mile, but my hub karma is pretty low so that could be it!

I don't know about that, Oli.  Mine has been at 67 for a long time!

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Heh mine is 36/37!

Whoa, and I though I had bad "Karma"! smile

31. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I've enjoyed the 100 mark around 4 times, and it seems to have much to do with traffic-at least for me.
    Does ANYONE understand algorithms?  Are there any mathematicians in the house?

Wow!  If the Elite of the site do not know, what chance do us peasants have of understanding this scale. smile

1. sligobay profile image60
        sligobayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't feel so bad. Ignorance is bliss!

2. Pcunix profile image92

I can't see any relationship to traffic. To me, it has seemed entirely arbitrary, unrelated to anything.

32. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

That's heady! Mine was a maximum of 91 for a very brief while twice.

33. sligobay profile image60
    sligobayposted 13 years ago

My author score has hit 99 a few times but none of my hubs have ever gotten past 93. I am just starting to understand keywords and SEO which are more relevant to my livelihood. What about Hubivity?
    I always reference other hubbers in my hubs and stay at 88.

34. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

the only permanent feature of it is it will rise and fall like my chest - then if you are 100 no way it will rise.

35. skyfire profile image77
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Just noticed this for the 6th time while posting on forums. lol.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)