100% Focus on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Virtual Treasures profile image61
    Virtual Treasuresposted 13 years ago

Today my husband asked me if I'd seen his wife and he thought maybe if he turned off the computer, he might find her.  SOOO...that got me thinking...how do others organize their time? Do you focus only on Hubpages as a main venue, or do you spend a lot of time on other writing sites and personal blogs? The more I get into this, the more work I find--shetoldme.com, redgage.com, blogs, the list goes on and on!  I really want to make a go at this, and believe it or not, the whopping .48 I've made in the past 6 days is motivating me like crazy!  Thanks for the input!

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
      Suzanne Dayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I focus on hubpages. I used to focus on dooyoo.co.uk but switched due to being able to make residual income writing, instead of putting in hours for low pay. Since I have a day job and a home business too, hubpages is strictly a hobby thing for me - I'm surfing the net anyway, so might as well have some fun and earn a little with it. On average, I write a hub a week and it takes 3-6 hours.

Virtual Treasuresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the input.  It's tough for me to find the time, but I'm so excited to get started! I can't believe how much I'm learning so quickly!

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
          Suzanne Dayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My biggest tip would be to focus on getting the SEO and keyword selection right. Read up on it and come up with a plan on how to do it. Then just rinse and repeat the plan for each hub. After say, a month and 5 hubs, you should notice a trickle of earnings, then build on that....

2. iamalegend profile image60
        iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'm focusing on hubpages too

2. ChuckHuckaby profile image40
      ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have several things going on but am spending the majority of my spare time right now focusing on Hub Pages. I haven't been disappointed. It's been rewarding but I still have alot to learn.

What type of hubs are you finding to receive the most non-hubpages traffic?

3. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have focused a lot of my time on hubpages since June 2010, but lately I am doing other stuff a bit. I started writing on infobarrel, wrote about 5 articles.

Now, I have a website that I am building.

Some people put their primary focus on hubpages, while others use websites in conjuction with use of hubpages. I think its good to be versatile, but you should still have a focus somewhere.

4. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, the more traffic you have, the better you're off.
      I just started on Hubpages - and I think its a good way to get people to learn about you. Especially, if you write quality content.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I spread my time around as much as possible.

3. Ingenira profile image75
    Ingeniraposted 13 years ago

I know, it's almost addicting.  lol... my husband said almost the same thing to me yesterday.

It's really addicting.  I've caught myself daydreaming a few times at work the past several days thinking about what I can find to write about!!

4. joyfuldesigns profile image71
    joyfuldesignsposted 13 years ago

I'm new as well and finding it really exciting.  I'm finding so many ideas to write about.  I also like making the hubs themselves, so user friendly.

5. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 13 years ago

I only came across HP around two months ago.  But already I would say 95% of my writing time is focused on Hubpages.  The other sites I write on have let me down recently so that is part of the reason, but I think HP really is the place to be.  I enjoy writing here and the community is so helpful, I can see the trend continuing for a while!

Just out of curiosity, what sites have you tried?  The community is awesome here!

6. lesterd2009 profile image61
    lesterd2009posted 13 years ago

I would say if you are looking to dominate different niches focus on Hubpages, I run 10 websites but when it comes to writing Hubpages is my focus, you have many benefits when it comes to using Hubpages.

But, if you really want to make more than a couple of cents per day I recommend you learn the basics of SEO and apply the methods to your hubs.

1 hour writing your hub, 1 hour optimizing your hub, good luck and keep it up.

WOW! 10 websites?!? How possibly do you find the time?

1. lesterd2009 profile image61
        lesterd2009posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Internet is my full-time job, that's how smile

7. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

If writing is going to be your means of earning an income then you have to treat it as a full time job.  That doesn't mean you have to spend 8 hours writing, it means you have to stay focused on what you are trying to accomplish the same way you would if you were working for someone in an office or grocery store.

Writing for revenue sharing sites like this one is good for exposure and for experimenting with different approaches to SEO and self promotion. But if you only write for revenue sharing sites you will soon feel like an underpaid employee.

Get your very own self hosted blog. Commit 2 hours a day to writing posts and promoting it. Don't throw any advertising, other than Adsense, on it until you have a hundred visitors a day and even then loading up your sidebar with banners will be a distraction. 

Separate your time between writing posts on your own blog, writing a hub here on HP, and building your social networks (preferably Twitter, Reddit, Stumbleupon, and Digg) 10 minutes on each of those sites 5 days a week is plenty of time to slowly build your network. Add friend, bookmark their content, they add you as a friend. All very easy.

Only use a Facebook Fan Page to promote your blog this will keep your friends and family members from getting annoyed with your status updates.  Sure many of them will be supportive but they can support you by clicking "Like" on your fan page.

2 hours on your blog (includes writing and promoting)
    1 hour on your social networks
    2 hours on hubs (includes writing and promoting)
    1 hour keyword research

The rest of your time you devote to YOU and your FAMILY. Slowly but surely your income will rise.

1. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with everything livewithrichard says. If your goal is to make income, then you should treat it like a part-time or full-time job. Do not rush when writing, focus on quality, even though quantity is good. Quality always comes first.

2. Virtual Treasures profile image61

Awesome advice and so much more time to be invested! Thank you!

3. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

writing what you said is really easy, it takes lots of work, many hours of it when you first start. No wonder everyone comes here thinking they can be rich in two weeks.

8. reindeerz profile image82
    reindeerzposted 13 years ago

I would love to be able to focus entirely on Hubpages, and hope in the future that this is possible.  However, I have bills to pay so much of my work time is spent churning out articles for a content mill. hmm

Maybe one day! smile

1. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You just need to churn one or two of those articles for your own blog each day.  In 3 months you have 60 posts drawing traffic to YOUR site YOUR content, earning YOU money.  Pick a domain name and start your own blog.

I'm selling 4 of them on Ebay right now because I just don't have time for these and the Two other blogs I have are earning well.

Herbalmonster.com
      BaseballuBet.com
      ArticleProofReader.com
      MoneytoDonate.com

smile smile smile

9. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 13 years ago

I spend 100% of my time on hubpages now. I use to spend some time on redgages.com, shetoldme.com, diggs.com and other sites to promote my hubs but found out later that most of my traffic were coming through google search engine. I don't even look at these any more. It is just hubpages now. I spend about 1 hour to 2 hours doing hubpages related activities on a daily basic.

1. Enni82 profile image60
      Enni82posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm just a rookie here, but it seems to me spending 100% of your time on HubPages is sort of putting all your eggs in one basket... What if the site is unexpectedly discontinued over a lawsuit or something? I started on HubPages but my goal is to write for multiple revenue websites and link them all together. Then in time, once I've established a large number of quality posts and followers,  start a blog and link all those posts to my main blog... All in good time...

2. Virtual Treasures profile image61

Great ideas.  Thank you!

3. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks melpor, this helps me a lot too.

10. warchild75 profile image64
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

i spend at least an hour a day on hubpages and recently about the same again on Thekeywordacademy they will take your earnings from a hundred or so dollars/pounds up to thousands!!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you stay with the keyword academy after the first month, and is it worth it?

2. profile image0

really, do you rate TKA that much.

11. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

I'm addicted, I'm on here all day long every day.

1. profile image0

wow- maybe you should branch out a bit Brie.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image61
        Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know huh.  I actually do post on Red Gage and She Told me and other but I just post, I don't work it.  I am thinking of getting my own webpage/blog thingy.  But, we'll see.  Usually with a blog you have to focus on one particular topic and I'm all over the board.  So I haven't decided about that yet.

12. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

I'm focusing on HubPages too, mainly because I'm still learning what works and what doesn't. Although I think the learning process will always be there but at some point you can say that you are regularly earning money, which is not yet the case.

13. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

I'm focusing on HP too.  It's so addictive specially watching those few cents turn into a dollar.. it's like watching your baby grow.  Plus HP is a very friendly site and experienced hubbers are very helpful.  I am a widow so no husband to worry about.  I've been with HP for almost three months now.. I'm totally addicted.

14. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

I focus on HP simply because I love the writers here and it's a lot of fun for me.  I also focus on writing and publishing my books quite a bit too.  My husband loves to write here too so he is very supportive of all my writing that I do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)