Is there any Japan fans???

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image49
    SamiTheFinnishBoyposted 14 years ago

I´m a big fan of Japan. If anyone is interested in Japanese pop or culture, come let us talk.

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Alright, let's talk.

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't they do that song 'life in Tokyo' in the early 80s?!

3. profile image0
      Jake Gene Barnesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would love to visit Japan one day. I am fascinated with the culture and have even started learning Japanese recently. I also love me some Japanese music. My favorite J-Rock bands/artists:

Girugamesh
      Gackt
      Miyavi
      Mucc
      Dir En Grey
      Her Name In Blood... just to name a few.

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

no.

Why not?

3. Warriorwannab profile image59
    Warriorwannabposted 14 years ago

I am quite the fan of Japan/Japanese culture, but I'm not sure if I can talk about anything in pop culture.  Although I have had my interest in KATTUN, I am not up on the most recent of pop culture.

4. profile image0
    KellyEngaldoposted 14 years ago

I want to include some of Japan's videos from Daily Motion into my hubs.  Love the Japanese culture, food and formality.  The book report I wrote was mainly on Japan - see my hub The Commoner.  Japan is definitely on my radar once the checkbook is no longer grumpy.

5. profile image49
    SamiTheFinnishBoyposted 14 years ago

Oh yea some people came!!! Listen all! Could someone tell me about the food/eating? I know stuff about that but some extra knowledge would be helpful. If some of you want to speak about something else Japan related, choose a topic and write. Thank you all for noticing this by the way. I was all alone here with that non Japan fan.

6. bocayardsale profile image60
    bocayardsaleposted 14 years ago

What is the overall "pop culture?"  Anime and Manga are favorite indulgences of mine...as are Sakura KitKats and other candy released only in the Japanese markets.  Video game playing, programming, CG, and animation are also on my list of enjoyable activities. 
    Honestly, however, I enjoy learning about feudal Japan and building with traditional materials utilizing Japanese Joinery.  Also, learning Kanji has been a lot of fun. 
    Thanks for posting and jogging my memory of better times!

7. FrederickD profile image56
    FrederickDposted 14 years ago

I love Japan and thoroughly enjoy visiting. It's one of the few places in the world that I've traveled too that I would love to return to again and again.

Where in Japan do you like to visit?

8. Jon Green profile image87
    Jon Greenposted 14 years ago

I have one problem with Japan and the Japanese culture- but it's a major one. It is of course, whaling. They deserve to be a pariah state really, it is a totally indefensible thing.

9. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

I like japanese films and celebrities

1. lilian_sg profile image62
      lilian_sgposted 14 years agoin reply to this

which celebrity do you like? Ayumi Hamasaki?

10. ocoonocoon profile image71
    ocoonocoonposted 14 years ago

I was born in Japan and have lived here for more than half my life. A lot of Japanese people actually dislike their own country and try to get away from it. For the Japanese, it can be an inhibiting culture, while for foreigners it can be liberating. Ironic, isn't it? But most people do have a desire to get away from where they come from, to experience something new.

I have written a bunch of hubs on Japanese culture and history so let me know what you think of them!

11. Unkotare profile image60
    Unkotareposted 14 years ago

Where did you live the other half?

12. lilian_sg profile image62
    lilian_sgposted 14 years ago

I love Japanese culture. But have yet to visit. Hope to make the visit someday.

13. Mr Nice profile image77
    Mr Niceposted 14 years ago

I love Japanese people and Japan. I visited Tokyo in 2008 and will go back again in near future.

14. Anolinde profile image81
    Anolindeposted 14 years ago

I've lived in Japan for 12 years now and save for my weekend trip to Guam last November, I haven't gone anywhere since 2005 (birth of a baby and financial constraints), but I've gotta say that there were times when I really just want OUT!  Like someone said, its culture can be very inhibiting sometimes.  I know, though, that if I were to leave this country, I'd be missing the food, the silly TV programs, the hot springs, etc. like crazy.  I used to get all this warm tingly feelings when I arrive at Narita airport and the staff warmly welcome us back with "o-kaerinasai" (though I get those feelings when the nicer immigrations officers say "welcome back" to me after checking my passport as well). LOL! smile  It's definitely a great country to visit, that's for sure!

15. DanPowers profile image49
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

I've been to Japan twice, and plan to visit again soon!

Japan is great, although sadly it's got very expensive to visit.

1. Sab Oh profile image57
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where did you visit?

16. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I lived there for 2 1/2 years, so it will always have a special place in my heart.  Mata atode!

17. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't say I "love Japan", just like I wouldn't say I "love the US" (where I live) nor "love France" (where I grew up) nor "love Portugal" (where my family's from). I may love some parts of each country, but I don't love countries as a whole because to me that's blind love.

I have friends that "love Japan" and they really do - anything and everything that's Japanese. Sometimes they even like stuff that they'd normally hate if it had been made by anyone else.

So I don't "Love Japan". I love its language. I happen to love some anime/manga and video games, but not necessarily all. And yes, I love the look of kimonos.

I do someday want to visit, and I want to someday be fluent. I'm doing a lot to learn. I have imported DS kanji games and children's kanji and kokugo workbooks. I also have some children's short stories for grades 1-3. Later on I'll get books for older ages, once I get there. I'm also on smart.fm, and I have access to rosetta stone. So this whole fluency thing is something I'm taking seriously because I do find the language to be beautiful in its intricacies.

1. Akbok profile image83
      Akbokposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey I know this forum topic page is now quite stagnant, but I've recently started making hubs on the Japanese language.  Right now they're simple and in their infantile stages, but I'm a native speaker of Japanese and I'm looking to find some readers who'd be interested in learning the language.  If you like what you see, feel free to ask me any ol' question about Japanese, and I'll be sure to make a hub about it.

18. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Doukan desu.

19. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I like Godzilla, he has some great fighting moves!!

20. ocoonocoon profile image71
    ocoonocoonposted 13 years ago

Hi, I've lived in Japan. I wrote a couple hubs like "top ten ways to offend Japanese people!"
    Of course I love the country and miss its food every day!

21. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I would love to visit.. i have always wanted to go to Europe one day to study geography

22. enjoyjapan profile image60
    enjoyjapanposted 13 years ago

Yes.. Come and visit my hubs as they are all about my experiences in japan

23. kazemaru2 profile image59
    kazemaru2posted 13 years ago

If you are foreign or not asian tokyo is the best places to go if you don't want to get discriminated.

24. Gunsnroses profile image61
    Gunsnrosesposted 13 years ago

I was there last year, unfortunately I was recovering from  food poisoning I got somewhere in Yoseu South Korea and was limited in mobility. Which was terribly bad luck for me as I met many interesting girls near my hotel......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)