I will be Meeting President Obama next month any questions for him?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (51 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

I have been invited to a special dinner in honour of President Obama when he visits Ireland next month, are there any questions you think I should ask him?

1. NateSean profile image67
      NateSeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I could really use a job as his janitor and/or housekeeper if he has a position open. Beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ask him if he is now in exile, or is he free to return to the states, even though he doesn't have a birth certificate and so can't possibly posess a Passport! LOL

2. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. Why'd he give the okay to assassinate US citizens?

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn … ssinations

There are several things he's done as President that have disappointed me, but this one is the most egregious.

He's also done some good things, but those don't excuse this terrible breach of justice.

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ask him nothing.
      TELL him to get his and Arne Duncan's and Kevin Jennings' hands off America's children.

1. DTR0005 profile image60
        DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

AMEN! I thought maybe a question like, "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" would be more in keeping with the Evangelical tradition.

4. Hugh Williamson profile image76
      Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No questions here, but congratulations on scoring the invitation.

5. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mmmmmmm...... Ask him if he could aide the American people by wiping their credit scores clean and not penalizing their credit due to foreclosure, repos, etc. Giving all individuals a fresh start. This could aide in the stimulation of the economy. The banks have recoverd there money ten fold however the Americans are still struggling to get back on there feet.

IRS: If you owe don't penalize them for each day or year, give them a flat amount due without penalty. If they are unemployed allow them to negotiate to 0.00 and make it a clean slate.

Student Loans provide the loans with lower interest so college students can afford to pay them off.

1. HattieMattieMae profile image59
        HattieMattieMaeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Like this answer! smile

6. marwan asmar profile image67
      marwan asmarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whatever happened to the American role in the peace process in the Middle East, and is the US government really worried about what is happening in the area?

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"I will be Meeting President Obama next month any questions for him?" You must be big-time.

3. theirishobserver. profile image60

Not really, just have an insight into the Northern Ireland Peace Process and he wants an update smile

1. AnnCee profile image67
      AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please ask Mr. Soetero if he plans to build his presidential library in his home state of Connecticut someday.  big_smile

Oh.  What kind of "insight" we talking here?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was Nairobi?

Nah man, he's legally from Connecticut.  Not born there of course, but a legal resident.

4. knolyourself profile image59

"Northern Ireland Peace Process" Is that an oxymoron or is that actually possible?

1. NateSean profile image67
      NateSeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course. Look the peaceful solution that occured in Northern Ireland during the late 60's. The whole nation was in peaces afterwards.

5. knolyourself profile image59

Take it then that you will be giving an optimistic assessment.

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

That is really great, TIO!
    Perhaps there is something about Ireland that makes it more possible to meet heads of state. When I was in Dublin in 1997 my aunt (a Dubliner) gave us her invitation to a reception. I was too shy, but my boyfriend went up and shook hands with the Prime Minister (Taoiseach is current term, I believe).
    That doesn't happen in America every day, I'll tell you!

Now, as to what you should ask Obama.
    How about "What is your #1 priority in your second term in office?"
    (being optimistic here).
    Thanks. We look forward to a full report (hub, hub, hub)!!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I met former president clinton once

7. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

How about this:

Mr. Obama would you considering stepping down and stop wasting the American Peoples’ time and money and please fade back into the same obscurity your Birth certificate resides?

Or would such a request damage your ego too much?

8. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

Congratulation for getting the invitation to meet the President of United States of America.

Ask President Obama this:

1. What his plans are in containing the dwindling economic prospects for Greece, Ireland, Portugal, and Spain.

2. Why do his citizens keep on bothering him about his birth certificate whilst they never asked the same to previous presidents?

9. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I would say, don't ask him anything. You're not likely to get an answer worth listening to, to begin with.

10. theirishobserver. profile image60

I do hope to ask him about his position in relation to Iraq and Afghanistan as it appears unclear - I could be wrong about that smile

1. weholdthesetruths profile image62
      weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please do ask him.   And report back to us, that after 15 minutes of expounding and explaining, it will be even less clear than it is now.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I wouldn't mind an answer to that either, but the one about authorizing the assassination of US citizens is more pressing to me.

3. ngureco profile image81
      ngurecoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Also, ask him why is it that his government is not putting enough effort in fighting pirates and terrorism in Somalia as they are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Ask him too why is it that Haiti has a very close proximity to his country yet very little wealth and influence from his country seems to be trickling in to that poor country.

11. knolyourself profile image59

"I could be wrong about that" No it is clear. They plan to stay forever whether they can afford it or not.

12. Maembe profile image59
    Maembeposted 13 years ago

Wow, that's really exciting.  Ask him what he thinks of the new Radiohead album.

13. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Ask him why the United States seems to be the "world's police force".

I bet it would make headline news.

I'd really love to hear the answer.

*Thanks for taking part in the peace process in Ireland.  big_smile

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And ask why they won't do anything about all the cars parked on the pavement up my street.

1. tritrain profile image69
        tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, do you live on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW?

1. John Holden profile image61
          John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I live at York Road Manchester UK lol

14. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Ask him why the US hasn't joined other civilized nations in ratifying the cluster bomb and land mine treaties.

And to satisfy Donald Trump, you may want to ask him if he was really born in Hawaii. :-)

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was The Donald born in Hawaii, too?

He was hatched, not born.

1. tritrain profile image69
          tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And he had the same hairstyle at birth too.

Ha! No doubt.

15. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..hey Irish...i think that's cool you'll be attending dinner...why not ask him what he'd do to turn around Ireland's economy if he were leader...like how to improve the credit score so folks can/will invest in Ireland....or some other question about Ireland....you know, see if he keeps abreast of Ireland's issues.

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/communicate/phrases/k-o/lol.gif   Please, please, please, please, please, Irish, ask him a policy question!!

Oh and ask him if he ever paid that lady's mortgage and put gas in her car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI
      http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/20/128769767144111797.jpg

16. cindi h profile image59
    cindi hposted 13 years ago

Please ask him why he never salutes our flag!!!!  I've seen him appear at several functions where everyone else is saluting the flag but he stands with his arms by his side!!

http://howcanpeoplebesostupid.com/?p=874

17. 4closurefraud32 profile image60
    4closurefraud32posted 13 years ago

please ask him what is being done about the foreclosure crisis - specifically the quote unquote "settlement" between the banks and state attorney generals... things aren't looking good right now.

also what is the situation with HAMP? is there going to be any reform with the program or is it going to be dissolved?

thanks!

18. theirishobserver. profile image60

Well I am amazed at the variety of suggestions, most appear to be very positive smile however, I am having a meeting where I am expected to keep a serious face, so asking if he paid that woman's mortgage may leave me a little ticklish smile

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can tell him I said "thank you". That's not a blanket endorsement of all decisions. He's made some serious mistakes. (You don't have to tell him that.) But considering the mess he inherited, he's done a better job than anyone has a right to expect against the most systematic, partisan resistance any president has faced.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Hi Irish! Tell him I am a fan of his!! If he knows me, LOL LOl LOL

20. theirishobserver. profile image60

Pretty I am certain that he will know of your wonderful writing and excellent hubs smile

21. theirishobserver. profile image60

President Barack Obama on Wednesday plans to take questions from Facebook users during an Internet “town hall” in Silicon Valley in which he’s likely to tout his ideas on reducing the U.S. budget deficit.

The event is another trip out West by the president to raise money for his reelection campaign and drum up political support in the high-tech industry. Silicon Valley was a big source of campaign cash in Obama’s first presidential run.

The president also hopes to reconnect with young voters, part of his core group of backers in his victorious 2008 presidential campaign.

The White House
    President Barack Obama talks with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg before a dinner in February.

Obama will share the stage at Facebook headquarters with Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, the company’s 26-year-old co-founder. Zuckerberg dined with the president in February along with a number of other prominent high-tech executives.

The event is slated to start at 4:45 Eastern

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's odd.
      First, the rumor was that Facebook was courting Obama's former press secretary Robert Gibbs for some sort of management position.   Now, it looks like Obama may just do it himself.  Won't it be oh so nice when the O owns a major social network!?  Wow I can't wait!  What fun to see an ambitious bully control a major portion of the airwaves!  He won't even have to spend any money on his own tv channel this time!  roll

22. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

His meetings are staged, I am positive if you get picked to ask a question, they will have it all writen out for you..!

23. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Yes there is one question I would like to ask Irish.

When is the American admin going to stop treating whistle blowers like criminals and hunting down people like Julian Assange?

Congratulations on being invited to a meeting with the President, I hope it is fruitful.

24. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Ask him why he's just a cool version of George Bush.

Why did he invade a country without asking congress?

Why has he yet to leave Iraq?

Why is he bombing Pakistan?

Why hasn't he shut down Gitmo?

Why is he letting this continue:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ap … h-suicides
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/ameri … 83918.html

Why hasn't he returned his Nobel Prize for Peace? -- he's in the middle of 4 wars, 1 of which he started, 3 of which he refuses to end.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)