Is the President's Birth Certificate a fake?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (140 posts)
  1. MarleneB profile image90
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

Recently, I have been reading reports about how President Obama's birth certificate is a forgery. According to one reporter, the white house has a PDF version of the certificate that is publically available. I looked at the certificate and something about the numbers struck me as odd. Then, I read that other people think it's odd, as well. When you magnify the certificate to 800%, the last digit becomes faded. It is obvious the number was manipulated. What scares me about all of this is that President Obama may not be an actual American citizen, which disqualifies him as a candidate. In fact, it makes me ponder whether or not America currently has a "sleeper" in the White House. I'm no political scientist; I don't pay a whole lot of attention to politics, but when I see what could possibly be a fake birth certificate, I have to ask questions. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Am I just paranoid?
    Here is a link to the birth certificate which is public record: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default … g-form.pdf

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.
      Questions the majority of discerning Americans have been asking from day 1.
      A man was made into a star instead of being properly vetted for the Candidacy of President of the United States.  By whom we dunno exactly.  But how we do know.

MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Although I research and vote for what I think is the best for our country, I don't always follow along closely. But, when I came across the certificate this morning, I thought it was in my best interest to look at it more closely. I'm not a detective, just an average citizen. But, just looking at the document led me to believe there was something "off". Naturally, I wanted to know more. I don't like the feeling of being duped.

1. profile image0

I know what you mean.
          Many people took an inordinate amount of interest because we heard Obama say outlandish things during his Campaign, so we followed his doings and sayings.     I say "inordinate" simply because the average American citizen shouldn't HAVE to spend very much time vetting a Candidate.   We should get to go about our daily lives and be secure in the knowledge that our leaders are doing their jobs.  After all, it's their job, not ours.   But the Democrat Party dropped the ball big-time when they nominated Obama.   Now we gotta watch politics like a hawk, for fear that if we don't, they'll try to pull another fast one.   It's ridiculous, really.   I'm all for standing up for citizens' rights, but when the Official Parties try to blindside all of America,  it causes an invasion of the average citizen's life, making them feel like they have to become political activists and can't trust the Government at all.

You know, Brenda, that's exactly how I'm feeling right now. I shouldn't have to scrutinize and research everything that is presented to me. I didn't use to do that. Now, there are so many "untruths" told by government officials, I feel like I would be letting myself and others down if I remain blind to it all and just carried on like it was no big deal. I don't go around analyzing everything, but when something is weird right out of the shoot, then I have to look into it as much as an average person can look into such matters. Even after putting forth my best research skills, I still can never be sure about the information I receive. All I can do is the best I can do and leave the rest up to God.

2. melpor profile image91
          melporposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Marlene, what do you see wrong with the certificate? I do not see anything wrong with it. Birth certificates came in various styles and formats until they standardized it recently to a short and long form with more information on it printed with green ink. My birth certificate is yellow in color and only has my name and date of birth on it with a couple of signatures and a raised seal.

Oh, it's not the paper or the type of information that is on the document. What I see is the certificate where the numbers in a serial are all the same except one of the numbers. One of the numbers is a different type, weight, character set than the other numbers. The only reason I am alerted to that type of thing is because I use to be in an industry where people would forge documents, using white out, and then type over the number, trying to match the characters identically to the other characters. To the naked eye, everything looks legitimate. But, under magnification, a diligent person could see distortion and they could see that this is not a number in a series, but somehow manipulated. Now, people use computers, photoshop, PDF's , etc. But, if a person was truly alert, they could see the difference. Word to the wise, it is the duplication process that gives it all away. It's way more difficult to fool someone with an original document. But, the moment the document is copied, faxed, or whatever, that's when people can identify the difference.

To see it yourself, what you could do is find a birth certificate online that people are claiming to be legitimate. Trust the source so that you won't be biased. Then hit the "Ctrl" "+" keys to enlarge the screen a few times. Then, pick a number, any number. See what's different about it. You will see the number is not of the same character as the other numbers.

That just strikes me as intersting and it makes me wonder a little bit about the rest of the document. That's all. It could be legitimate and all, but when I see something out of line it just makes me curious. I'm just saying to this forum, that I am curious. I don't have any facts, just curiosity.

1. Josak profile image60
              Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry but do you think if the White House of the United states under the presumed orders of the most powerful man in the world altered a document you would be able to tell by multiplying it's size by 8? Really?

Do they really care? Who am I? I have no power. I have no proof of anything. Who's going to listen to a little old lady in the country? Sloppiness is everywhere. But, the White House doesn't care about me or anyone as unimportant as me. What news reporter would allow me to get on the television and tell the world what I think? More than that, if I did manage to get on TV, who would believe me? I'm just a stupid, crazy old lady. Right? I'm sure that is how I would be billed. So, it doesn't matter what I think, and they know this.

1. Billy Hicks profile image81
                  Billy Hicksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zrjuYgZKUns/Tqn-HYcFalI/AAAAAAAABv8/R1NW_WFYsO4/s1600/beat_dead_horse2.jpg

2. Josak profile image60

Not true, you have a vote and so does everyone else who might make the same incredibly obvious discovery.

So... why did you click on the title if you didn't want to answer the question? I'm confused.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good to see you back, Brenda. "Discerning Americans," you gotta be kidding! But I know you aren't.

2. Conservative Lady profile image70
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is a bit of "oddity" to the document  and that is why this question is not going away. I would be more inclined to believe Mr. Obama was born a US citizen if the document itself was untampered with. Good question Marlene E.

Yes. And, here is the thing... If I tried to get a passport using a "questionable" birth certificate, I would be denied, possibly arrested for trying to use a fake document. Yet, some people think I should not be concerned that the president might have presented a fake birth certificate. I'm not saying he did. I'm just saying I don't know. It's questionable.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66

We've flogged this dead horse sufficiently long ago.

Yes. And then somebody regurgitated it again. So, here we are again. And, Obama is running for president again. He's still talking about things that happened four years ago, too. I mean, Obama is still talking about how he inherited Bush's problems when he took office. If Obama wins the election, will he be saying he inherited the problems of the Obama era? Or, is he still going to be calling it the Bush era? Come on...

Obama is still talking about the past 3.5 years and so are we - now more than ever. We want to know if he's going to progress beyond the Bush era or is he going to come into his own era and claim his office. The things that happened years ago are important to Obama. Until Obama progresses into his own era and takes responsibility for his own office and claim it as his office, in the same light, people are going to revert back to past issues. It's Obama who keeps bringing up the past in the first place. Just two days ago, I saw Obama on a news clip making a joke about his birth certificate. No one was even talking about his birth certificate. Obama brought that up himself. So, of course people are going to keep talking about it.

4. galleryofgrace profile image70
      galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Personal opinion: they got rid of Osama all right- they made him President!

1. Josak profile image60

*sigh*

5. Quilligrapher profile image74
      Quilligrapherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Greetings Ms. B.. I’m sure you know you are a latecomer to a party that ended years ago. The balloons are deflated and there is a butt in every glass. Experts have examined this topic. They have reached conclusions that satisfy all Americans except the most dyed-in-the-wool birthers looking to divert attention away from the truly important issues facing this country.

There are a couple of things about your invitation to this party that strike me as odd, Ms. B.. The diffused pixelation of the “1” in the Dept. of Health number is no different than the “R” in 1a, the “K” in 11, or the “S” in 13. These phenomenon where explained in a foxnews.com report dated April 29,2010. “A leading software expert says there’s no doubt about its authenticity, and he dismisses claims of fraud as flat-out wrong.” According to Mr. Jean-Claude Tremblay, a leading software trainer and Adobe-certified expert, who has years of experience working with and teaching Adobe Illustrator, these observations are normal. {1}

More importantly, it is amusing to see the fervor of the birther mentality and the echoes of 2-year-old birther talking points:

“the President's own birth certificate is questionable”

“What about that birth certificate? That's what I'm talking about…”

“It could all very much be coincidental, nevertheless, whoever dragged it up again, dragged it up again and the subject is, once again ‘in the news.’”

“It was asleep for a while and now someone (it could have been my Aunt Suzy Q) brought it back to life and now those who are interested are talking about it as if it was a brand new story.”

“Is the birth certificate forged? I don’t know. Are people lying? I don’t know. Was the president born in the U.S? I don’t know. What I do know is the documents used to verify his birth are questionable.”

“Somebody regurgitated it again. So, here we are again. And, Obama is running for president again.”

“So… what about that birth certificate? Focus! That’s all I’m talking about here.”

“For those who like the way he ran the country, well, they just aren't looking at anything…”

Also, I find it quite interesting to watch the transition from innocent, bewildered questioner to a bold and aggressive Obama basher.  Oh, how naïve and out of touch with politics:

“I'm no political scientist; I don't pay a whole lot of attention to politics,”

“I don't always follow along closely…”

“Now, I'm worried that I can't go back to just being innocent. It was bliss, indeed…”

“Oh man, now you've gone and made me the most curious person on the planet.”

Then the innocence morphs to blatant criticism of the current administration fully equipped with all the latest official talking points:

“He's hung up on his opponent's decision not to display ALL of his tax returns,”

“Why are Obama's college records sealed?”

“I keep seeing happening with people in the Obama ring.”

“His actions in the past have brought up some questions about his qualifications to run this country... again…”

“It's an issue again because people want to see where they went wrong when voting him in”

“the answer provides justification; they realize they were duped.”

And the biggest give-a-way, “We want to know if he's going to progress beyond the Bush era or is he going to come into his own era and claim his office.”

Ah, imagine if I was a hopeless cynic. I might interpret this thread as a disingenuous and insincere charade. A birther under a sheepskin pretending to be just another ewe; bleating the tired mantra of a birth certificate already examined in its original form and accepted by an informed American electorate. But, hey, maybe that is just what I am. big_smile

I thank you for your contributions to this discussion.  They reveal a great deal.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg
      {1} http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04 … ate-legit/

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

I smelled something rotten in Denmark, but you put your finger one it and exposed it brilliantly. I wonder about the authenticity of the photo icon of a young African-American woman. That touch adds something to the fraud--even an attractive young black woman has doubts about the President.

Thank you very much for the compliments, Ralph. Just Google me. You'll see my profile pictures everywhere - different pics, but they are all me. If you can find any of my books in stock, just look at the picture - I can't fake that.

Oh, by the way, I'm not a YOUNG black woman. Thank you very much. I'll be 58 in November.

2. MarleneB profile image90

Quilligrapher, why did you come into this forum? Aparently, you have the same level of interest in this topic as me, because it was very clear in the title - about the subject matter of this forum. If you clicked on the title you had to know beforehand that you were entering into a place where people would be talking about Obama's birth certificate. The title is in the form of a question. So, you must have known that people would be coming here and leave their opinion. The fact that you chose to come here under your own free will suggests that you, too, are still interested in this subject.

You left the longest response of anyone.

My question invited people to respond. I feel that if I ask people to respond, then I owe them the respect of acknowledging their response. If someone states something that alters my opinion, am I forced to stand my ground no matter what people say? If I say I think the sky is red and someone convinces me that the sky is blue, should I continue with my line of reasoning that I still believe the sky is red? Come on. Give me some respect. After all, I replied to people even when they said things that were derrogatory while most people just get angry and retaliate. Instead, I treated every response with the respect it deserves. The least you could do is the same.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can only speak for myself, but I came into this forum thinking that the poster may have some original evidence, quite different from anything else that I've seen on these forums, which may in fact indicate that Obama's birth certificate, is indeed, a forgery. Sadly, all I found was conjecture, opinion and nonsense. So I left, I couldn't be bothered with silly partisan speculation. Quil, is far more patient than I, he clearly believes that people can be presented with data that may, actually, cause them to pause and think. I disagree, he's a better man than I.

But... you didn't just leave. You responded... and then you left. You even read at least one comment or maybe a few to get down to Quil's comment. So, you must have had SOME interest, satisfied your curiosity, and then you left.

I made it clear in the "additional information" box what level of information I had and asked people to offer their opinion - based on what was presented. I was clearly up front with that. Now, if you stayed in this forum and kept reading after seeing what I had to offer, then that was your own decision and you have yourself to be upset with, not the poster, because the poster told you from the begining what you were working with.

Evidence or no evidence, you could have just left after reading the question. Instead, YOU chose to stay and then claim to be disappointed.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
              Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not claiming anything, I really am disappointed. There's nothing new here, just speculation. So i'm leaving, bye.

2. Quilligrapher profile image74

Good evening, Ms. B..

It was a bit long, was it not? Still, I failed to say that I visited your profile before posting my comment. Your credentials impress me, as do your accomplishments, and your thick portfolio of interesting hubs. It is obvious to me that you are a talented and widely read author. I see no reason for anyone to think otherwise.

I hope you continue to prosper.

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am so sick of hearing people whine about this non issue that I could vomit.  Do any of you really believe that someone who sat as a US Senator for several years would have been permitted to run for President without having already been fully vetted?  What ever happened to people's ability to think!  If you don't like the guy, that's OK...but get real.  Dredging up things like this does nothing but create a lot of nothing.  I'm outta here.

7. GNelson profile image61
      GNelsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In order to believe that it is a fake birth certificate, you would have to believe that the Republicans are so stupid that they could not prove it.  I do not believe that they are that dumb.

8. MarleneB profile image90

Folks, when you clicked on the title, were you not aware that you would be taken to a forum where people would be talking about Obama's birth certificate? If you are so sick and tired of hearing about it, ask yourself why you clicked on the topic in the first place.

I made no effort to hide the true content of the forum.

This forum turned out to be a strange experience. I purposefully asked the question in the title so that only people interested in the title would come here. Yet, I discovered people who just came here to vent about how they are sick and tired of the subject.

Well... don't click on titles that you have no interest in reading about. It's that simple to avoid frustration. You brought your disgust upon yourself.

Anyway, I'm unfollowing this forum as of today and just wanted to let people know I really did want to read your answers to the question.

Thank you to those who saw the question and answered. I truly do appreciate you.

9. AMFredenburg profile image72
      AMFredenburgposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why doesn't someone ask Mitt Romney for his birth certificate? or why didn't anyone ask John McCain for his birth certificate, for that matter? Mitt Romney's parents were born in Mexico, and John McCain himself was born in Panama. Never in the history of the US has any presidential candidate been asked to prove his birthplace until Barack Obama. Why is that?

1. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good question. And why, even after the birth certificate was produced, corroborated by the hospital, and plenty of other evidence that points to Obama's birth in Hawaii come forth, does this remain an issue for the far right? I suspect it's the same answer.

The issue won't go away until 2017 and Obama leaves office.

1. JSChams profile image60
          JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It keeps coming back because the left keeps bringing it back. They need something for deflection and it has existed as that since Hilary, who started it, gave up on her campaign in 2008.

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
            Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True, Obama supporters would much more prefer discussing the birth certificate than the fraud committed to acquire financial assistance for college!

2. livelonger profile image87
            livelongerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The GOP/Tea Party could make it go away if they were to stop talking about it.

1. JSChams profile image60

And every time they stop someone like Chris Matthews on MSNBC brings it up for no apparent reason and the rest of the left's cadre of talking idiots starts talking about it and somehow THAT is the fault of the Tea Party?

1. profile image0

EVERYTHING is the fault of the Tea Party!    Didn't you know that?   haha
                CNN and Rachel Madcow and the jist of the Left has told us so time after time!
                Oh wait!   It's a toss-up  between them and George W. Bush.
                But when that didn't wash,   the Left has turned to blaming any Conservative who exercises his/her freedom of speech and right to know.

There are many issues that would probably "go away" if the Left just stopped talking about it.   But their loud whines have brought the U.S. to this horrid political climate that it's now in.    So, indeed, conservatives have been put on the defensive and MUST talk about "it".    Wish we didn't have to.   But since our dear President has shown himself incapable of even interpreting our simple Constitution properly,  we are destined to deal with his ineptness until someone with some real common and social sense and ability to correctly lead a Nation comes along to repair the damaged goods that now constitutes our Congress and White House.

2. Reality Bytes profile image75

EPIC FAIL!!!!

It may be pertinent to research a statement instead of blindly making it with no knowledge of the subject!  A simple Google search would reveal your error!

Obama Birth Flap Reopens Older Controversy
        By CBSNews

Finding the "birthplace" of President Chester A. Arthur is easy: Turn left at Town Hall and its Chester A. Arthur Conference Room, go past Chester's Bakery and turn right on Chester A. Arthur Road.

Nearly five miles up the winding two-lane country road, past rolling hills and dairy farms, is the tiny Chester A. Arthur Historic Site, proclaiming the spot where the nation's 21st president was born in a cottage.

Or was he?

Nearly 123 years after his death, doubts about his U.S. citizenship linger, thanks to lack of documentation and a political foe's claim that Arthur was really born in Canada - and was therefore ineligible for the White House, where he served from 1881 to 1885.

Long before "birthers" began questioning the citizenship of President Barack Obama, similar questions were raised about the early years of Arthur, an accidental president who ascended to the job after President James Garfield was assassinated.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-5246424.html

Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

You have merely begun to scratch the surface of awareness.  Be careful, once you begin to stroll down this path, there is no turning back!  smile

I think you are right. Now, I'm worried that I can't go back to just being innocent. It was bliss, indeed.

Since you have decided to pursue your curiosity, something to consider!  Forget the Birth Certificate, Obama was born in Hawaii, the real controversy is, did he lie about his status to receive funding for college?

The Scandal At Columbia That Ends The Obama Presidency

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkwFBWPN … ure=relmfu

Oh man, now you've gone and made me the most curious person on the planet. Why are Obama's college records sealed? Mine aren't. Why are millions of dollars spent to keep those records hidden from view? What in the world does a college kid have to hide? Oh, the questions just keep on coming.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
            Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"It would be illegal under federal law (the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) for Occidental, Columbia or Harvard Law School to give any former student’s records to reporters or members of the public without that person’s specific, written permission."

It would also be illegal for the IRS to divulge Romney's tax returns, yet there are still requests that he voluntarily release them for public view.    The question will always be:  Did Obama commit fraud on his financial assistance applications? And it is a good question, especially after viewing a Harvard brochure claiming a Kenyan citizen was part of the Harvard Law review.  Mistaking a father that never attended the school with a son seems somewhat suspect!

While we are at it, I would be curious to know how Harry Reid entered the senate with a moderate amount of wealth, now to be one of the wealthiest members of Congress.  How was this wealth accumulated on a Senators salary.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So, why was their no call for Bush to release his transcripts? If you read the article you will see it says they were leaked.

True, but there was not a question of fraudulent student loan applications for W.  The President has no obligation to release these records, but trying to make the case that Romney is somehow obligated to reveal his personal info is a tad..uhm... hypocritical.  My point is, what is good for one candidate is good for the other.  What is the sayin.  "Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house"

I do not care if his college records remain confidential.. The question will linger until answered of course, but it is completely his choice.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
              Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I tell you, people just ignore what doesn't fit with their beliefs

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Are people really still hung up on Obama's birth certificate? Good grief. Welcome to 2010.

Of course people are still hung up on it. I know for a fact that if I produced a questionable check to the bank I would be in jail right now.

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I did NOT screw up that last digit! It was and is the best work I've ever done, and I stand by it!

As a testament to your excellent work, I have to admit you did a great job, because the document has to be blown up hundreds of degrees in order to detect any error. By all standards... great job.

Oh, do I need to place "lol" after that last remark?

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

No, it isn't.  His birth happened when people were around who are still alive.  It is accurate and corroborated.

Yes. A few years ago, I went on a cruise and forgot to bring my passport. I had my driver's license, business cards, and other identifying documents. The border patrol let my husband through, but held me back. My husband "corroborated" that I was an American and I was his wife. We even wear matching wedding rings. But, his word wasn't good enough. I was put through a battery of tests. The guards also talked to other people in my party who were around when I went on the trip. Their "word" wasn't good enough. I was finally able to proceed to American soil, much like the president was able to proceed. But, the border patrol never really had proof of who I was. They just let me go. I think letting the president go based upon the words of other people is of great concern.

6. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 11 years ago

Why is there so many people are still whining about  Obama's birth cerificate? He has to provide proof beyond reasonable doubt to even run for president. But there's too many menatlly lazy people out there that can't think for themselves and will take an issue like this birth cirtificate issue as truth even though it was a BS email that was started back in 2007.

Personally, I'm only hung up on it today, because I just saw the document today. But, I'm hung up on it more because the President is very avid about being "transparent". He's hung up on his opponent's decision not to display ALL of his tax returns, but the President's own birth certificate is questionable. What would happen if Romney produced questionable tax records? Should people not be hung up on that?

1. profile image0

Well, Obama sure shouldn't be hung up on it.    After all, his appointee Timothy Geithner was exposed for not paying taxes.   Ya know, the Secretary of the Treasury!   And Obama sure did side with him.   There are several other prominent Democrats who evaded taxes too.   He's only pointing at Romney now because Romney is a Republican.

1. Greek One profile image64
          Greek Oneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Romney didn't intentionally avoid paying taxes... his dog ate his tax returns....

(while he was traveling 200 miles an hour on the roof of a car)

Greek One, you know... I don't think Romney officially used that excuse yet. But, it's a good one if you can get people to believe it. I tried that excuse way back in grammar school, but the teacher didn't believe me. Perhaps, the American people, upon realising Romney's sun roof is reversible, will let it go. Hey, anything is worth the effort. Right?

2. profile image0
        HowardBThinameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Marlene, I believe Obama was born in Hawaii. I also believe the document you saw is an altered document. Lastly, I believe that there exists an official certificate in Hawaii with the identical information.

I'm not going to vote for Obama because I disagree with his policies, but he garnered a lot of votes in 08 from the Birthers thing, and a sloppily altered certificate could fan that flame again - to his advantage.

I think it's best if we all concentrate on the economy and foreign policy. That's what really counts.

But you're right - the docu. you saw was altered - and not in a professional manner.

1. Quilligrapher profile image74

Hi there, Howard. 

I looked at that document and I saw the condition Ms. B was pointing out to us along with several other similar examples on the same document.  I have also studied the software techniques scanners use when they can not separate foreground and background. So, I am wondering why you say the document has been altered.

1. profile image0
            SassySue1963posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Scanners rarely make prefect documents. That is just fact. I volunteer in fact, correcting scanning errors in books online so that the tech readers for the blind can read them correctly. The mistakes are varied and in abundance. It is most likely just a scanno.

1. Quilligrapher profile image74

I thank you, Ms. Sue, for adding your opinion. You seem to agree with the conclusions of Mr. Jean-Claude Tremblay, the Adobe-certified expert that said these observations are normal. {1} I still wonder why Howard reached another conclusion. Perhaps he will share his knowledge with us.

I appreciate you comment.
              {1} http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04 … ate-legit/

1. profile image0

No problem. I've seen enough scanned documents in my time (and corrected them) to know that nothing scans perfectly. In Howard's defense, it most likely appears altered because it was, to fix the original scanno error. It is not like when you are typing something here or in Word and you delete and re-type and poof! mistake gone. Document scans are especially difficult to line things up perfectly most of the time. I just call 'em like I see 'em, Quill. smile

7. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

Facts are facts!

The current President is a Muslim homosexual alien born on Mars,  His parents were two hermaphrodite Imams who owned a chain of abortion clinics.  Both were card carrying members of the Martian Communist Movement (M.C.M.)

On the other hand, his Republican opponent is from Uranus

Now, I get it. That explains a lot.

8. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Uh hunh.
    And when you magnify Romney's tax returns to 800% you find something very odd about those numbers, too.

It's possible! I haven't magnified Romney's tax records yet, but it's possible that if I did so, I might find something. I don't know. I'm just asking about the birth certificate right now. Romney's tax returns deserve the same scrutiny. I'm not saying I blindly accept them. But, to stay on topic, what about that birth certificate.

1. profile image0
        DMartelonlineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did anyone request any other President's birth certificate? I have no clue why this is such a hot button topic among so many ill informed people. Stop listening to the right wing lunatics who would do anything to discredit this President.  Read Snopes: http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=ob … amp;sp-s=0

For the record, I'm not a Democrat.

9. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

If everyone were to just write in Greek One when they voted, all controversies would become moot and therefor solved. Of course we'd have to annex Canada first...

Do you think Greek One would run? Show me the way to the polls!

10. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 11 years ago

Why are people still dwelling on this issue about the president's birth certificate after nearly four years in office. He is running for re-election and I don't think they will check it again. Just make sure Mitt Romney has one since he is not telling anyone how he is paying less taxes than everyone else out there.

I'm only bringing it up now because I just saw the document today, so for someone like me who didn't care much about it four years ago, it becomes an issue because I'm seeing it for the first time... today. Had I seen it four years ago, I would have mentioned it then. But, I mention it now because I am aware of it now.

There is an agency in the United States that every individual is responsible for divulging their tax and income information to, it is called the Internal Revenue service.  If there is any wrongdoing, the IRS should conduct a full investigation.  So in fact, Romney has divulged all the information he is required it divulge.  Now, what does Obama have to hide about his college career?  Did he commit fraud on his financial assistance applications?

I do not believe that is what you are really interested in though.  I believe you are merely trying to deflect this conversation away from scrutinizing Obama.

One issue has nothing to do with the other, no matter how much you attempt to make it so.

And, Reality Bytes, you hit upon something I keep seeing happening with people in the Obama ring. They keep diverting attention away from Obama's questionable issues. Instead of addressing the issue of the birth certificate and the questionable college records, they bring up other stuff that has nothing to do with it.

I mean, if you ask me what my name is, I would say - Marlene. Question answered. I wouldn't divert your attention away from the question by telling you what the names of other people are. No, I would answer the question. But, when people ask Obama about things, he doesn't answer the question, he just talks about Romney. I wish Obama would answer questions about Obama and let Romney answer questions about Romney.

If there were 2008 and Obama was seeking the nomination, these issues might be relevant.
          But it is 2012. He has not only been nominated, but elected and served as president of the United States for four years.
          What exactly do you think is going to happen?
          They are going to strip Obama of his title?
          Go back in time and declare a "do-over" on the time he's been in office?

Not for anything, but if you recall, in 2008, Obama's main rival for the Democratic nomination was Hillary Clinton. Wife of Bill Clinton, former president of the United States.

Do honestly, honestly believe that if there was ANY technicality that could possibly have disqualified Barack Obama from getting the nomination over Hillary, that the Clintons would not have been leading the charge on it?

Yes, but in the same way that I am bringing it up and talking about it, so are you. If it were of no issue to you, you would just ignore my comments and move on. I bring it up today because it was brought to my attention... today. And, in the same way that you are addressing it with me... today, I am merely bringing up the conversation in 2012, because someone brought it up to me in 2012.

Believe me, when I woke up this morning I was no more thinking of Obama's birth certificate than you. Now that it's in my face, I'm talking about it. And, so are you.

I'd like to see his kindergarten evaluations, too. Give us a break.

I want to see my own kindergarten evaluations. But who cares. What about that birth certificate? That's what I'm talking about.

Where did he attend kindergarten, Indonesia?  Sure, why not, if he wishes to divulge them, but since there is not much chance of fraud during those years, it does not really matter!

11. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

At this point a home video of the birth with the State governor and three major landmarks in the background and supporting testimony from Jesus Christ would not be sufficient for the birthers.

True that! Just a clean birth cirtificate would be sufficiant. That's all.

12. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

For those of us who are not on the right email distribution lists to get the "memo" about this latest "finding" about Obama's birth certificate, here is a link.
    I personally wondered how an average citizen would get the idea to magnify a PDF 800 times. I mean, what happens when you magnify it to 600? Or 1,200? Why 800?

Also wondered about the timing of this latest flurry of birther concerns.
    Is it just me, or is there something just a bit suspicious about the ISRAELI Science website proliferating this misinformation?
    Couldn't possibly have anything whatsoever to do with the Israel-first group that's running the anti-Obama ad during this Sunday's Miami Dolphins game, could it?
    Nah. Couldn't be. It's just a coincidence.
    lol

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/israeli-scie … te-forged/

It could all very much be coincidental, nevertheless, whoever dragged it up again, dragged it up again and the subject is, once again “in the news.” The subject was resurrected and people are talking… again.

You know, when the HubPages editor puts one of our hubs to sleep, we can just let it sit there idle in our accounts, or we can edit the hub and resurrect it to gain more interest. Well, perhaps the subject of the birth certificate is the same. It was asleep for a while and now someone (it could have been my Aunt Suzy Q) brought it back to life and now those who are interested are talking about it as if it was a brand new story.

Curious minds want to know. So… what about that birth certificate? Focus! That’s all I’m talking about here.

The man is running for re-election. His actions in the past have brought up some questions about his qualifications to run this country... again.

Oh, Mighty Mom, to address the issue of being an average citizen - I was a technical writer in a former career. We magnified stuff all the time in PDF. That's how I knew to do it. And, in my stint as a mortgage broker, I saw how people used white-out to forge documents. Being a mortgage broker is where I originally learned how to magnify documents in order to scrutinize the integrity of the document.

If anyone knows of a more nonpartisan, credible source for sorting through the many, many rumors, urban legends and myths that circulate regularly on the internet and emails, I'm sure we would all love to know.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/bi … ficate.asp

If snopes isn't up to snuff, how about factcheck.org?

http://www.factcheck.org/tag/birth-certificate/

Thank you for providing this "evidence". Now, I'm even more uncertain than ever about whether or not the birth certificate has been manipulated. I went to the web addresses that you provided and viewed them for myself, using my own eyes and the web screen keys to enlarge the document. There is the same type of irregular pixilation in these documents that I saw on the document that I viewed this morning. Is this normal for all documents? I’m just questioning the document itself.

Is the birth certificate forged? I don’t know. Are people lying? I don’t know. Was the president born in the U.S? I don’t know. What I do know is the documents used to verify his birth are questionable. That’s all I’m saying. I used the very documents that you provided as proof and the documents speak for themselves.

It would have been better to just manufacture a whole new document and then switch out the old one for the new one. It would be easier to play that card than to “MacGyver” the old document. I’m just sayin’…

13. profile image0
    SassySue1963posted 11 years ago

Honestly, I don't care at this point. He's been President for the last 3 1/2 years already. I don't care where he was born, if he's Black, purple or polka dotted. He's a failure as a President and just wants more of the same. That's all I care about.

Oh, you went all the way there... I can't touch your comment except to say that I agree with you on his performance. It's an issue again because people want to see where they went wrong when voting him in. For some, the answer provides justification; they realize they were duped. For others, it's a reason to vote for someone else. Either way, it is a current subject of contention. For those who like the way he ran the country, well, they just aren't looking at anything. Maybe they don't care either. And, that's OK for them. It's just not OK for me and the ones I care about.

1. profile image0
        FreyaKraftposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is that certificate really fake? Strange, that he could become the president of a nation!

14. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 11 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4970259_f248.jpg

15. quatrain profile image58
    quatrainposted 11 years ago

MarleneB,

You know that feeling you get sometimes when you think that you're the only who sees something, and you bring it up, and it's shot down so quickly that you began to almost give up your initial curiosity? Well, that was me ...until I read your post.

I am a lifelong Democrat who has morphed into an Independent. I too spent my career in a field in which people often lied and tried to forge, misrepresnt themselves. Now, in semi-retirement, I don't have my guard up as much I used to but old instincts die hard. That's why, when a man popped up on the polictial scene after a speech and was nominated for President with scant background in any working career, I became skeptical.

What troubles me most about President Obama is that there are so many illogical things about his background and his behavior since becoming President. I have a Social Security number. So do you, so do all of my friends. Maybe I have known or heard of thousands of people in my life. Why is that Obama is the only person I have ever heard of with a Social Security number that was issued in a state he never lived in (Connecticut)?

Okay, put that aside, chalk it up to coincidence.

Why was he the only person who ever served on the Harvard Law Review who did not write a single article? It's a requirement of the position.

Okay, so what, maybe another wierd anomaly. Move on, nothing here.

Then, why was he a friend of Bill Ayers --and no, not just a neighbor? I mean, Ayers blew up Federal buildings in his past. I don't know about you but I steer clear of people with violent pasts.

Okay, put it aside, just another anomaly, move on, nothing here.

Then, why is he sealing his college records. What in the world could he want to keep private there?

Okay, just a quirk, it's his business, move on, nothing here to see.

Then, why did he admittedly make up "composites" of so many people in his past for his memoirs?

Okay, just another in a long line by now of anomalies and quirks, move on, nothing to see here.

Then, why ...then why...then why...after about the 30th "why" and the 30th "anomaly", you know that you're being deceived. 

Normal people with nothing to hide do not require you to suspend belief so often as Obama has. Normal people with nothing to hide do not so often arouse one's reasonable suspicions.

Another "lifelong Democrat" birther supporting Romney.

"reasonable suspicions."

You are making a complete fool of yourself.

3. MarleneB profile image90

I don't know, quatrain. There are a few things in my history that I would like to bury. And, knowing how the world scrutinizes people who run for president, I wouldn't even run with the few things I have hidden in my closet.

People must have really wanted Obama to be president so much that they are willing to overlook a lot of things. I only have one vote. And, my vote counts, but so did all those other votes and they voted for Obama. He won, regardless of his past.

1. profile image0
        DMartelonlineposted 11 years agoin reply to this
    4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

I think that those who are still doubting if Obamas BC is fake needs to take into consideration that the US gov't - (sp. the Right Rs - a few, but not majority of them) nor FBI should have been questioning it. The Rs are very particular about i.e, voters ID, how much more to the candidate for the highest political seat.

Your doubt is valid though and you are free to do so otherwise.

Thank you for allowing me my opinion. I am glad to hear yours, as well.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Validity doesn't mean it is right though. I would like to add however that this is a futile exercise, still asserting that Obamas BC is fake.

I didn't assert anything. I am merely stating that I saw some things that made me curious. I asked others how they felt. Not answering is your choice. If you don't want to waste time on the subject - if you don't want to answer the question, then no one is forcing you or anyone to answer. I asked; I started the conversation. After that, it is up to you if you want to participate. If you make the effort to comment and THEN you say it is futile, then why come here? Why stay? Why come back and leave more comments? I don't get it. If it's futile, it's futile. Don't waste your time. Don't participate.

I am not spending so much time explaining about it like you, I just stated my thoughts. You answered my comment so I added a response.

You are still here?

I asked a question as the topic of the forum. You chose to click on the title, which suggests you also have an interest in the topic or you would have passed on the opportunity to answer the question that was so clearly about Obama's birth certificate.

I asked a question and asked people to submit their views, which they did. I chose to reply to every person who answered out of respect for them.

If you are so tired of this forum, there is nothing worth coming back for. You, too are spending precious time here, needlessly, as you indicate.

I'm not spending a lot of time explaining, however, I am spending a lot of time responding to people. I'm just being interactive and believe that should be OK with people.

Your absense would prove that all of this is worthless and that none of this matters.

I am not tired of this forum, witch hunting is futile. I am just responding to you, it is my notifications fault :-)
                  I am even bumping your thread!
                  Good luck BTW smile It is nice talking to you smile

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I seem to have posted this so many times:

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-sealed-records/

Someone in the answers section told me he didn't care what the facts said and continued to argue the same points.

The title of this forum is, "Is the President's Birth Certificate a fake?"

Thank you for the link, but the link is referencing whether or not college records are sealed. This is a different conversation than the one your link is about. I know I mentioned that subject in one of my replies, but please keep in mind that particular comment was a response to something someone else said. I was only paying respect to their comment, but I really want to keep the conversation directed to the title of this forum. But, thank you for the link. I read it even though it was off topic.

6. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Whenever I see this topic come up again, I wonder what Jason Bourne would say... 

and hear Extreme Ways playing in the background... lol

Um, Jason Bourne is a fictitious character in a movie. But, you knew that. Right? Anyway, I could only dream of having that much finesse..

7. profile image0
      alexsaez1983posted 11 years ago

You're kidding me, right? My birth certificate is faded from sitting around in drawers and wallets for 25 years. Just when I thought people were giving up crack...

8. profile image0
      alexsaez1983posted 11 years ago

Conspiracy-minded people annoy me. It's easy to take something, tack a question onto it and build from there. Mariene, your college records aren't sealed? So you're saying I could just go to your former college, drop your name (assuming I had it) and bang, your records are in my hand? Nobody's spending millions to keep Obama's records secret any more than anyone's spending millions to keep my health records secret. If you're going to waste time with these idiotic conspiracy theories, I suggest you read Michael Shermer's "Why People Believe Weird Things". It gives great insight into why people buy into things like this.

Marlene is actually a paid GOP operative. But dragging up this old B.S. isn't helping her cause one bit. Quill put it more politely above as follows:

"I might interpret this thread as a disingenuous and insincere charade. A birther under a sheepskin pretending to be just another ewe; bleating the tired mantra of a birth certificate already examined in its original form and accepted by an informed American electorate."

About Marlene Bertrand
          Degrees, Certifications, and Specialties
          I have been a REALTOR® since 1989. As CEO of Bertrand and Cole, Inc., I maintained a successful real estate brokerage until 2008. I, currently, maintain my license and REALTOR affiliations and trade publications in order to keep abreast of the industry on a regular basis.

From San Jose State University, I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a Specialization in Management Information Systems. I have 1.5 years of course study towards a paralegal degree.

http://www.wordmarketer.com/about-marlene-bertrand.html

Kindercize
          by Diana Mihalakis, Marlene C. Bertrand
          Kindercize Marketing Corporation | Trade Paperback
          List Price    $19.95
          Member Price (Learn More)    $18.95
          Sold Out

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Kin … kieCheck=1

She seems very genuine to me, do you think your own view of stereotypes might be skewed?

Good luck with your book Marlene!  smile

You found me? Set it and forget it!  I forgot all that information was out there about me. Thank you for your well wishes. The book sold out - including international sales. We are now in production of an electronic edition so we'll never have to worry about being out of stock again.

Good, I did notice the Sold Out notice. 

smile

2. JSChams profile image60

What's the matter Ralph? Is she like Allen West and others who won't play the game you want them to play?

I haven't seen that show in decades, and just yesterday I saw the show about how the villan created an Allen West clone and tried to get away with murder. Did you see that episode?

3. MarleneB profile image90

Oh, Ralph, you give me far too much credit. But, thank you. I really am just an ordinary person - an ordinary person whose mind is curious about things. The last time I checked, America was still a free world. I am still allowed to be curious and speak out about the things I believe. Those who disagree are free to disagree.

From the beginning of this forum, I have stated up front that I have no proof of anything and that my ranting is just that of a person who saw something and questioned it. I invited you and anyone who wanted to chime in to share their opinions. I have not shot down anyone in this room for their opinion. I merely answered back with my own.

It’s Saturday morning. I have to go run some errands now, but I’ll be back to read your follow up if you choose to do so. That's the good thing about living in America. It's your choice. You can ignore me or you can state your opinion - neither I or anyone else is forcing you to participate.

2. MarleneB profile image90

Yes, alexsaez1983. Pay the fee and ask me to sign a consent form for the college to release the transcripts to you and you can have my transcripts in your hand in six weeks or less. Employers do this all the time. What? Do you want my college transcripts?

9. Leigh Silvers profile image61
      Leigh Silversposted 11 years ago

i hate to say that by the time we get the truth  he will be out of office or the next generation will have the proof finally but regardless it isn't going to change the fact he is a horrific president he promised hope and change well guess what  theres NO HOPE for him  and CHANGE is all we have in our pockets

Well, Leigh Silvers, the president did promise change and he definitely delivered on that. My life has changed completely since the current president came into office. Thank you for your response.

10. quatrain profile image58
      quatrainposted 11 years ago

This morning I went to the White House website, just to see the birth certificate document again for myself. I then used the "zoom" feature that my browser has to magnify the birth certificate. I focussed my attention on the birth certificate number in the upper right hand corner.

After just two clicks of enlargement, I could see that something was wrong. The last digit, the number "1", is off.

I then clicked just one more time and it was clear what I was seeing. The number "1" is way out of line with all the other numbers. It also is faded and on top of something that looks like maybe whiteout that has been wiped. Then, it looks like someone typed over the whiteout with a new number "1".

I guess they couldn't line up the new number "1" with the original numbers which are all jet black and perfectly  in line.

Wierd. Someone has manipulated the birth certificate.

See for yourself. Don't be afraid of truth.

You see... I'm not paranoid, after all. Are we the only ones in the room who see this?

By the way, thank you for your time here. I'm actually going to unfollow this forum because it is giving me a headache.

But, before leaving, I want to say, again, thank you for your participation. I really did want to know what people thought. I saw what I saw and you have helped confirm it for me. Thank you.

11. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

America elected a completely unvetted  inexperienced man to the whitehouse because of P.C. , watched him tear down American strengths and pulverize our economy .......but we're still debating the birther thang !&#^@.........?

12. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 11 years ago

Oh boy, this conspiracy theory again.  I know Hubpages is deindexing Idle hubs, so I think maybe they should also deindex this particular forum thread, which is showing up in the search engines when you Google it.  Now if you are a conspiracy theorist who has a lot of time on your hands, I suggest you grab your tin-foil hat and have a party.  No need to do real research, or think like a real person.

Apparently, people still have an interest in the subject. If they are Googling it, they must be interested, right?

By the way, as of this post, I am no longer following this forum.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
          SweetiePieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because they are conspiracy theorists, and this is the weirdest one, along with the truthers.  You have to wonder why some scrutinize Barack Obama to the hilt, but never questioned former presidents.  So I am glad there is freedom to Google what people like, but I hope Hubpage deindexes all political and religious threads from now on as most are not really that useful, especially ones like this.  A lot of people also google for how to find a call girl online, and other weird stuff, so interest in a topic does not make it something great or useful.

My my, for an artist, we're quite the little censor aren't we?

I am not censoring anything, I am interested in quality.  Political and religious threads are not helping our site.  Deindexing them would be fine, as they have done this a lot of hubs not performing well.  Glad you felt the need to personally attack me though.

De-indexing under preforming Hubs is very different from De-indexing active forums. When we talk about "Idle Hubs", let's be honest, we're largely talking about Hubs that fall into of three categories:

A: The Hubs have been abandoned.
                B: The accounts themselves have been abandoned.
                C: The Hubs weren't any good to begin with.

That's a lot different with De-indexing an active forum that just so happens to deal with a topic you don't approve of.

As for my comment being a "personal attack", I find it kind of funny that someone who came into a forum titled: "Is the President's Birth Certificate a fake", and started calling it "weird", said that people expressing their views on that forum were somehow not "real people", and then declared the entire subject "useless", would take offense to my comment.

1. profile image0

C: The Hubs weren't any good to begin with.
                  I'm very offended by this remark. *stern look*  No, I kid, I kid.

I have only one idle Hub and it was a kind of fluff piece I did just to get my disappointment out about a movie I had really been looking forward to.  I've debated about going back and making it a real quality review and just deleting it. I'm still on the fence lol

Seriously, I don't get the entire "personal attack" and reporting stuff that goes on here. I was called some very sweet (translated vile) things on a particular forum and did not feel the need to report anyone. After all I am an adult and my self-esteem does not rely on the happenings of Hub Pages. /rant done

I had one that hadn't  been updated in almost a year go idle (it also wasn't very good, but that's a separate issue, lol), after some love it was back up in a day or so later.

2. SweetiePie profile image82

It was still a personal attack all the same, but I guess you felt really witty making it.  Whatever, this thread is just as silly as most of the religious and political threads.  Not much has changed on the forum in that regard.  The Obama birther nonsense is odd, but I am by no means censoring Hubpages.  All the suppositions about me personally are interesting, considering I did not go to your profiles and make derisive comments about what you do.

I can't help but wonder: "Is the President's Birth Certificate a fake?"

Are there words in that title you don't understand? You knew what you were doing when you came here, you knew what the subject matter would be, and you knew the type of discussion that would be taking place.

But no, you felt the need to come here and attack this thread, and the people in it, and then when someone points out your hypocrisy, you start crying about "personal attacks" and claim to somehow be a victim.

Here's a radical new concept, how about just not visiting forums you don't like.

Okay, you have taken things to a ridiculous level.  I can read, I understand this forum, and I really do not care if you want to feel I am not ubber cool like you.  I have just as much right to comment on this thread, and I still think deindexing threads like these would be a good idea, even if you think I am a censor or not.  Everyone who writes on Hubpages has a right to express their opinion, thus is mine.  I think the birther phenomenon is odd, that is no attack.  Most people feel this way.

2. profile image0

I am not a birther by any means however, I find it very telling that you believe this should somehow be censored. Why is that? Do you know how many conspiracy theories abound about all manner of subjects? 9/11, who shot Kennedy, Abe Lincoln's assassination. Are you suggesting that Google should now become a censoring agent? The policeman of the internet? Or are you suggesting that only anything that does not praise President Obama be censored?

Okay, I am not censoring anything.  Our hubs that are on idle are being deindexed, so why not religious and political forum.  Maybe you should step back and think about what I am saying.  Oh well, I guess having all these really cool threads coming up in the search engines serves a purpose.  Idle hubs will not be showing up though.

1. profile image0

They are idle because they are not receiving traffic so obviously there is no interest. To deindex entire categories or specifically based Hubs that do receive traffic would indeed be censorship though.
            You can un-idle your Hub as well by editing it, adding new information, etc.

I have almost no idle hubs, but one that went Idle was getting traffic from Google.  I have been writing on Hubpages on and off for five years, so I know a bit about how these things work.  Deindexing a thread on Google is not censorship as it would still be here, just not coming up in the search engines.  It is a good idea, and I am glad I brought it up smile.

if the threads stop receiving traffic, sure, why not de-index them. But as long as there is interest in the subject, there will be traffic, when there is traffic, there is a chance that someone may earn.   

Chester A. Arthur!!!!  Obama is not special, this controversy has been around before, and will probably come around again. 

Could it be, your issue is not with this forum thread but is centered around actions taken by HP concerning your hubs and the idle status?

13. profile image0
      Justsilvieposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7187044_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)