If I could travel anywhere, where would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (48 posts)
  1. lanealanea profile image61
    lanealaneaposted 12 years ago

Where to go...

1. Tati Irodova profile image65
      Tati Irodovaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bora Bora!!

lanealaneaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Totally!

2. Mcken profile image61
    Mckenposted 12 years ago

whitsunday island:D

1. profile image53
      roothzimpyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maui is my favorite island. Its beaches are incredible and it offers wonderful shopping opportunities and nightlife.

did you get to go down the volcano by chance?

2. lanealanea profile image61

Where is this island?

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just off the coast in Queensland Australia. The animals may be dangerous in Australia, but the people are friendly! lol

3. lanealanea profile image61

where is the island whitsunday island?

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Anywhere OFF this planet. lol

4. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

I keep having dreams of a town I'm travelling through where all the dwellings are underground and can only be entered by climbing down a well. I need to go there. F*** the physical world I need to know why I created this place.

And Cags, I'll see if I can get you warped up.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you'll try your damnedest. tongue

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
        Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is that avatar a higher version of yourself? Is that who you want to go see?

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting attempt at humor. Sarcasm noted. tongue
          Not quite. He is a character from a video game. tongue

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
            Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, I see.

But I too would like to get off this planet. Even if just for the weekend.

But to answer the OP with an Earthbound destination, I would have to choose Sweden since I still have family there and havnt met them yet.

5. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

the future..

6. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I would like to visit the Azores.

7. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I would like to be standing on that guy's head in front of Jessica Alba

http://premium1.uploadit.org/jaxjagz/more_alba_beach_10.jpg

8. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I've always wanted to go to the Russia and ride a Przewalski's horse across the steppe.

cool!~

9. anneliesegrace profile image57
    anneliesegraceposted 12 years ago

Italy.
    Greece.
    India.
    Why not just go everywhere?

10. profile image49
    quattaraCposted 12 years ago

I would love to go Paris.I love everything about Paris.

11. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 12 years ago

Middle earth after Frodo drop the ring. Rivendell is fantastic.

1. profile image49
      Rachel Wellsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i would go to france cause its the prettist country in the world

12. shantyjoshan profile image61
    shantyjoshanposted 12 years ago

i love bali

Wow, never been and that sounds soo cool. Whats it like in 3 sentences?
      :-)

13. WriterOnTheRoam profile image72
    WriterOnTheRoamposted 12 years ago

I really want to go back to Krakow, Poland.  It was so beautiful!

I cannot wait to go to Poland. And, now that Czech Republic is only 10 minutes on the new freeway there, I am looking forward to that next year.:-)

14. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 12 years ago

India, Egypt, Mexico, Scotland
    The list goes on and on

15. jennysbus profile image60
    jennysbusposted 12 years ago

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO AMERICA, SO I THINK I WOULD LUV TO GO THEIR FOR A HOLIDAY.

16. profile image57
    Ancient Aviatorposted 12 years ago

First things first . Have you really discovered the United States . We don't have crumbling ruins of yesteryear or little hill top towns but we do have arguably the most amazing scenery ,mountains and lakes in the world .
    If you hunger for different cultures and better food then I suggest a trip to Italy . Rome, Venice ,Florence and other cities are unique . The Dolomite Alps are as spectacular as our Tetons .
    I worked in Northern Italy for six months and have never had so many laughs or frustrations . The weathewr is pretty good too.

17. Bootsmade4walkin profile image60
    Bootsmade4walkinposted 12 years ago

My three favorite countries in the whole world (and I've been to 27, including the one I live in) are New Zealand, Nepal and Laos.

New Zealand gorgeous in so many unique ways, the light at 5pm is surreal and the people are absolutely fantastic.  But most importantly, there is something special about New Zealand that you won't ever be able to put your finger on (at least I haven't been able to), but that you miss when you leave.

I love Nepal for many of the same reasons that I love New Zealand.  The reason it is second is that the "something special" isn't quite there.  But it is gorgeous and the people are fabulous.

I visited Laos in 2006 and I am told it has changed a lot since I was there, but I still keep it on my list.  Again, for the beauty and the wonderful people I met along the way.  At the time, it was also off the backpacker trail (except for Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang), so that made for some pretty awesome adventures!

1. edhan profile image37
      edhanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If it is possible, I dearly love to visit the other planets in the solar system.

It is so marvelous to view them when watching scientific shows and the beauty of each planet seems so thrilling. If that is possible within my living days, I would love to see them.

18. kerlynb profile image89
    kerlynbposted 12 years ago

Tubbataha Reef in Palawan,Philippines

Angkot Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Halong Bay in  Vietnam big_smile

Sounds fasinating. Why Vietnam? I am curious about it and was also thinking of an area there too. :-)

19. Night Magic profile image60
    Night Magicposted 12 years ago

I'd like to go caving in Belize.

20. bangingbeauty profile image58
    bangingbeautyposted 12 years ago

Paris! It is such a romantic and exotic place. I would love to spend a month there and not care about anything in the world smile

21. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 12 years ago

I travel quit a bit, so I would have to say the one place I would like to see and be right now would be Paris, France. To actually see it in person instead of pictures.

22. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3613969_f248.jpg

to see what's up there, in far away places...

whoa! where is this wow?

23. anjperez profile image65
    anjperezposted 12 years ago

Donsol, Sorsogon, Philippines.
    I am so looking forward to see the whale sharks.

Also, El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
    Limestone cliffs, white sand beaches. it is remote yet very stunning

24. profile image0
    Wilfionposted 12 years ago

I would travel back in time to a few moments before the Big Bang, to witness the creation of the universe, and to see if there was anything before it.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's so many places I'd like to visit, but Cambodia, Vietnam and New Zealand are on my wish list, as is Croatia.

25. davenmidtown profile image67
    davenmidtownposted 12 years ago

I think for me it would be the Middle East-The pyramids at Egypt and other historical sites throughout that region. Explore the ruins, the archaeological sites, etc.

26. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

I've always wanted to visit Israel.
    And Venice.

27. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

I want to visit Israel, Italy (specifically Rome and Assisi), Australia, Scotland, Ireland, and England.

That would, of course, be after I've taken a road trip across the U.S. and up and down the East and West coasts. smile

28. MJFenn profile image71
    MJFennposted 12 years ago

Liechtenstein would be interesting. It is the last, surviving German-speaking monarchy (unless you count Luxembourg where German is one of the three languages spoken). Except that Liechtensteiners also speak Alemannic, a local form of German (except that some Liechtensteiners speak yet another form).

It's also interesting and curious topographically. On the one hand it is very mountainous, with Alpine peaks. On the other, parts of Liechtenstein are susceptible to flooding, since the Rhine River flows along its western border.

It would be very interesting to 'get the vibes' from this remarkable, small land.

I have not been able to check my forums been busy but I cannot wait to check this place out and those above, facinating for sure!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)