A prophetic vision regarding the future of the United States

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (52 posts)
  1. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

I got this from Wikipedia:

In 1973, Wilkerson claimed to have received a vision regarding the future of the United States and subsequently gave a sermon on the vision and published a book called The Vision. Wilkerson believed that God had revealed to him a great calamity which was going to befall America due to increase in sins such as homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, and greed.
    Some of the details of this 1973 vision were:

1. Some of the details of this 1973 vision were:
        "Worldwide recession caused by economic confusion"
        "At most a few more fat flourishing years, and then an economic recession that's going to affect the life style of every wage-earner in the world. The world economists are going to be at loss to explain what's happening. It's going to start in Europe, spread to Japan and finally to the United States."
        There will be a move toward a worldwide, unified monetary system. The US dollar will be hit bad and it will take years for it to recover.
        The only real security will be in real estate (until a somewhat later stage, at which point this apparent security will also disappear).

2. "Nature having labor pains"
        Environmentalists will come under heavy criticism.
        There will be major earthquakes.
        There will be a major famine.
        Floods, hurricanes and tornadoes will increase in frequency.
        "A new kind of cosmic storm appearing as a raging fire in the sky leaving a kind of vapor trail."

3. "A flood of filth and a baptism of dirt in America"
        Topless women will appear on television, followed by full nudity.
        Adult, X rated movies will be shown on cable television. Young people will gather at homes to watch this kind of material in groups.
        Sex and the occult will be mixed.
        There will be an acceptance of homosexuality, and the church will even say that it is a God-given gift.

4. "Rebellion in the home"
        "I see the new number one youth problem in America and the world as hatred towards parents."

5. "A persecution madness against truly Spirit filled Christians who love Jesus Christ"
        There will arise a world church consisting of a union between liberal ecumenical Protestants and the Roman Catholic Church, using Christ in name only.
        There will be a hate Christ movement.
        There will be a spiritual awakening behind the Iron and Bamboo Curtains.

6. Others
        There will be another wave of riots.
        There will be a fall in moral conduct.
        There will be a new drug that will be popular with teenagers that will break down resistance and will encourage sexual activity.
        Homosexual and lesbian ministers will be ordained and this will be heralded as a new breed of pioneer.
        There will be nude dancing in church, but this will never be widespread.
    There will be occult practices in churches.

1. chukra G profile image60
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

all you said hmmmmm i don't know about your comment. but im thinking that they will fall/loose to the materialistic countries in future.

2. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a TOTALY diffrent world than the one I was born into 60 years ago, I have seen where we were and can see where we are headed.   I think that I see a brick wall in our future.
         A house of cards falls swiftly.

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
        greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree jeremai when I was a kid this stuff wasnt as bad as it is now and all the people who think this has always been are seriously blind.... there is MORE to come people and WORSE has yet to come... this is not as bad as it can get and any of those who embrace more severe kinds of this movement I will pray for

docrehabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, Haiti disaster was not cyclical as some people were saying above lol Unfortunately, we are all so wise to explain everything...If those things happen I will come back here to ask if it was nonsense as this other guy said...You know Atheism is the norm in USA now....

3. profile image55
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Extraordinary claim. Funny, too.

An all-powerful, loving god who can stop or redirect any disaster or event in the universe chooses to wile away his time sending secret messages of doom, gloom and catastrophe to individuals in their sleep so they can profit from writing a book.

Yeah, that's plausible.

1. profile image0
        thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Q, write a hub!

1. profile image55
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eat a cherry, then have another.

4. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not much of a prediction, what is right is vague, and likely to happen anyway tongue Most of these things were already beginning to go into motion in '73, they just took a while to become widely known.

5. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like the ordinary, doomsday, average prediction at most.  I'd say that my 3 cats together, could come up with one like this.  So predictable.

6. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Economic disasters would not matter to those who do not worship money, material possessions etc. Natures fury will also not matter to those who realize that nature has a way of righting the wrongs we have done to her. Attributing poverty to nature seems a little bit harsh. If we did not have man made territories there would be enough food for everyone from the gardens of nature.

Fear of things to come will only arise if we do not dwell in the things that really matter.

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

what?

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

nude dancing in church? lol

Yes this is the USA lol

2. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Depending on who participates, it could increase membership. smile

4. double_frick profile image60
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

this is all occurring now, so is this as bad as it gets? lol

anyways, there are always predictions and prophecies and ones like this, while true, are not really credible as anything more than observations of how the world works.

this is how it always works.

Well, we will see in the incoming months if this is all false lol

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

All this stuff has being going on for generations. It's all cyclical...

1. profile image0
      Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen, hallelujah.

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Interesting Wilkerson must have been Nostradamus and the book fo revelations all of it was written prior to his vision but thanks for the informative info I honestly do not know if I could believe him or not as nothing is indifferent. sad

7. profile image58
    grneisposted 14 years ago

One can say almost anything and somewhere sometime it will become truth it seems.  Wasn't it Solomon who said "there is nothing new under the sun".  So relax.

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Where can i join or find this church with nude dancing. I can't dance anymore, but the nude part....it intrigues me.

9. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

True, these prophecies and visions have been known to man for generations.  We must take caution and care in delving in too deep into the dark outlook of these prophecies.  They were meant to warn, yes, but also to give hope.  These prophecies in holy writ are followed up with a positive bright future and hope.  Especially during the millenium huge changes and possibilities are in store and should be looked forward to.  Our task is to live in the moment for the benefit of the future.  In other words live now "as if" to qualify to see, witness and take part in those magnificent happening which are to come.

docrehabposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I bet you knew Europe will have an economic crisis years ago lol

10. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

am looking forward to the baptism of dirt. 

hopefully that will translate into topless women on hubpages. 

increased page views, revenue, and all that...

11. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

I agree....

Of course, I don't know your cats...but I have four of my own, so I trust your judgement.

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

What a pile of paranoid nonsense! All I see is the rantings of yet another fundy! lol

Well those things are becoming true with crisis in Europe!

13. profile image48
    The Paulposted 14 years ago

Predicting there will be a recession is like predicting there will be a drought or an earthquake or some other disaster...

...sooner or later it's bound to happen.

This sort of thing really is the mark of false prophets.

14. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3356/3547521340_2149a5d399_o.jpg

Dogs and Cats

Living together...........

MASS HYSTERIA!  yikes

15. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://gordonandthewhale.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/dan-ackroyd-450x259.jpg
    "Dogs and Cats Living Together...!"

(As Ron Montgomery stated)

One thing about predictions...No one knows if they are going to come true until...they do...However...I do keep an eye on things...Especially in the times we are in!

Well things are coming true with crisis in Europe

16. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

So should we all drink the Kool-Aid now?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only when God commands it.

2. creepy profile image56
      creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, just you

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Muzikjunkie/koolaid.gif

17. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Yeah! Another Prophet of Disaster
    Who says the ship is lost,
    Another Prophet of Disaster
    Leaving you to count the cost.
    Taunting us with Visions,
    Afflicting us with fear,
    Predicting war for millions,
    In the hope that one appears.

Iron Maiden

1. creepy profile image56
      creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got the jack,jack,jack,Gonorrhea!

AC/DC

18. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

docrehab said....
      Well, Haiti disaster was not cyclical as some people were saying above lol Unfortunately, we are all so wise to explain everything...If those things happen I will come back here to ask if it was nonsense as this other guy said...You know Atheism is the norm in USA now....

Jerami said...
      I just Googled .. recorded Earthquakes..  And it looks like there were as many or more recorded earthquakes in the 20th century as has been documented through out history?   (179)
      And in the last 9 years there have been almost as many as there had been in the previous century.  165 earthquakes.

???????????????????????????????????

19. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

Some of those things are indeed happening; some are escalating; some have come outta the woodwork where they've been lurking since '73 and before....

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

'73?

1973?  1873?  1473??

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wilkerson's predictions were 1973.
        But yeah I guess some of those happenings were lurking even in 1873 and before. 
        ....There was no U.S.A. in 1473....

sure there was.. they just called it something different (Indiana, I think)

1. profile image0

haha.  Are you sayin' us Indianans (Hoosiers) are older than dirt? wink

... or just that the Indians were here then?...

there are basketballs found in old Indian grave yards, and skeletons have been uncovered that look much like Bobby Knight

1. profile image0

heh heh lol

20. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

More balderdash brain-drain (referring to op)....

21. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Has anyone wathced The Andy Griffith show with Andy Taylor, Opie, and Aunt B? That really is how it was back in the 60s, in small town U.S of A.
    Even in the early 70s.

In 1973 the young people didn't have anything even close to Coke, Crack, or "Esyascy"  (sp).? 

Only with using hindsight, I would say that the downward turn became obvious about the time that they killed J.F.K.. The Vietnam war, The Youth piece movement,  Free love and marijuana.                     

The message Wilkerson presented was amazingly close to the Communist plan to destroy America as disclosed in the 50s.

Looking at this from the prospective of our own and our parents prospective, society as they/we knew it has been destroyed.
       This should tell us something, whether we believe this "Prophesy?" is being fulfilled   OR   ??   A comunist plan of destruction is being carried out exactly as planed?   

It just might bee too late to take our head out of the sand   ; SOooo;  what difference does it make to us, which of these is the culprit?
      Prophesy, or plan of destruction?   No difference. ???

1. profile image0

If it's a plan of destruction, it's never too late to take our heads outta the sand, because it's a man-made plan and can be overcome/destroyed.
      If it's prophesy, then it will come true no matter what, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to prevent it!   Because, within every battle for what's right, someone's destiny is shaped simply because of the will to fight for what's right, lines are drawn between evil and good, and it's not the battle itself that's important, it's the souls of the people within it.

22. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I think that it is that old story about the frog floating in the pan of luke warm water and somebody lite the fire underneath.

it is the frogs in the trees, watching, which will ever have a chance to know what is happening, and avoid that outcome.

or something like that.   ..    Hah

23. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 12 years ago

I read the book when it was first out (yes, I'm getting older.. lots. I see many of the the prophecies evident today. Maybe I'll pick up that book again and read it.  Anyways, as the world heads into what is coming... we as Christians, can be assured that it all happens according to the Master's plan.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)