How do you shake yourself out of having a bad day?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)
  1. rlaha profile image61
    rlahaposted 12 years ago

What do you do? Do you relax? Do you try to forget about it and hope the next day gets better?  I had a horrible day today, with a bad final exam. I do not think I will pass it, and I need this class to graduate on Thursday. I am just not sure what to do.  Anyone have some inspirational ideas?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image69
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry you're having a bad day sad
      Sometimes for me, the best thing I can do is to give myself a "pep" talk. Tell myself  something like "well, I did my best. I can't change what has happened, but I know that I will pull through whatever challenge comes at me. I choose to be happy and positive."
      I guess some days are different. I would suggest, try to not worry, treat yourself, do whatever you need to do to relax, and stay positive.

1. rlaha profile image61
        rlahaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the advice. I just hope I did enough to pass the class.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

rlaha - I always look at the bottom line - what is the worst thing that could happen from this situation.  In your case, you fail the class and will have to take it over again.  Not a good scenario but not worth upsetting yourself for more than a day.  I know this involves money and time in this case but what else can you do?  Nothing. 
      Mostly, find something to be positive about.  If you fail the class, it's because you didn't get the information presented in the class.  If you take it again, you might get it and be able to use that good information! 

Funny story, I just graduated in August.  Took me 4 1/2 years to get my B.A.  After getting straight As for all that time, my last class I thought I was going to fail but pulled through with a D.  Whew!!  I'm glad that's over but surely I would have been pissed if I failed.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you, CPC!
        That's something to celebrate -- kudos.
        MM

2. daisynicolas profile image77
    daisynicolasposted 12 years ago

Hugs and kisses from my dog are my calming agents.

1. rlaha profile image61

I wish I could have a pet, but my husband is terrified of anything with 2 or 4 legs, so it has to be a fish.

3. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 12 years ago

I get stressed out with school work too!
    What I like to do is find some episodes of my favourite shows (especially comedies! Those ones definitely make me feel brighter) and watch them while eating a favourite snack, and then I go to bed early. I also say a small prayer asking for help with whatever is stressing me out, and that the next day will be better, and it often turns out to be! smile

1. rlaha profile image61

Hi Cardia.
        Thank you for your words of wisdom and inspiration.  I just have to hope and pray that I have done enough on the exam to be able to pass the class with a C grade.

4. calpol25 profile image60
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

So sorry your having a bad day, When I have a bad day I always find something to laugh about or look for something funny to read.
    Laughter is the best medicine and sometimes when you have a good laugh it can calm you down and make you see things in a different light. smile

1. rlaha profile image61

Thank you so much Calpol. I will try to make myself laugh today. I know I need it in spite of the fact I have to wait for my final grades and am dreading the results.

1. calpol25 profile image60
        calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Trust me laughter is the key to happiness and always helps :-)

2. AshtonFirefly profile image69
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good advice. so true smile

1. calpol25 profile image60
        calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ashton smile

1. rlaha profile image61

Thanks everyone!

5. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I cannot have an actual bad day, considering everything that happens is a bonus after me waking up. wink

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Mighty Mom's top 10 ways to get past a really bad day:
    #10. Talk it out/write it out/get it out so it's not inside anymore!
    #9.  Find a distraction (as noted by calpol, laughter is great medicine)
    #8.  Get out in nature. Hard to be sad with the wind in your hair surrounded by green (or if it's winter, white, or if you live by water, blue!)
    #7.  Eat chocolate.
    #6.  Do something physical. Not destructively physical, but really, really intensely physical
    #5.  Hug somebody (as noted above, furry critters are great. Babies also good. Husbands can be useful in this regard)
    #4.  Write a hub about your experience (hey, at least you could makes some money off the deal, right?)
    #3.  Rearrange or clean (or both). Create a new order in your home.
    #2.  Get out of self -- be of service to someone who is having a worse day than you (and trust me, it is very, very easy to find someone who's having a REALLY bad day)
    #1.  A phrase I used to hate but have come to understand and actually like: Know that "This, too, shall pass" (tomorrow is a totally different day!)

Good luck. Hope you passed your exam. But even if didn't, tit's not the end of the world and there's a lesson to be learned!
    MM

7. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I exercise.  I go for a walk.  I read Mark Ewbie :-)

8. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 12 years ago

i think of how much worse it could be...that puts it all in perspective...

1. garrettdixon profile image61
      garrettdixonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are completely right.  There will always be someone that would love to be in your place.  It may seem bad at the time, but think about it as if it were a year from now.  Would this problem even matter?  Also, count your blessings.  It shows you how good things really are. Good Luck smile

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I refuse to have them. lol

A walk does wonders, being in or near water, talking with a 3-4 year old, laughing with a baby, looking up at a blue sky, listening to your favorite music, realizing nothing stays the same, it's ok.

There's nothing more you can do now about the test, so just be happy it's over! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)