I need ways to help me manage my time :D - I'm overloaded I guess haha

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

I'm 18 years - oh 19 now 19 & 4 days to be precise big_smile
    I'm a university student doing my mech enginnering (1st sem). I write on elance and for another client who found out about me through one of my elance clients. There's continuous writing, studying (I maintain a GPA of 9.5 for now and wish to keep it that way). I also find time to do some research and update my hubs. I may not publish many but I keep tweaking my present hubs and I get a good trickle of google traffic - just about 50 a day, that's good for the number I have and none of them are high traffic guys.

So what should I do? Any tips? I've got my exams from 27th of Dec sad

2. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Study for your exams!

lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok that's what I'm doing now big_smile
      I closed all my elance jobs and my other client jobs as well big_smile - I love writing though I still log on here atleast 10 times a day

3. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 12 years ago

You need to get your priorities in order (whichever  way you believe) and work accordingly...smile
    Maybe you need to get into rehab lol ... HUB rehab I mean lol

Haha big_smile

4. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

Finish your studies first!! Don't neglect them!! You never know when things could change and you could find yourself unable to earn online! Meanwhile use your studies as something to write about - combine the two - publish your assignments if you can make them a little more commercial or link them to other students needs for materials etc..

What are you studying anyway?

Hi LeanMan I'm doing my Mechanical Engineering smile

5. algarveview profile image74
    algarveviewposted 12 years ago

So many years studying and you are asking what to do? You should go and finish your studies, later you will be happy when all is done, and then you come back here and will be a lot less stressful. Good luck to you.

6. Rising Caren profile image78
    Rising Carenposted 12 years ago

Study for your exams and go hub and writing crazy once you're done. You should have a break between your finals and the next semester.

I JUST finished everything for this semester and next semester starts at the end of January. So until then, I'll be putting up textbooks for sale on ebay, editing old hubs (and other articles on other sites), putting up new ones, and of course keeping with my personal self-learning studies.

Is that 9.5 a typo or does your school use a different method of grading? Most universities (in the US) use a 4.0 scale as the highest, so a 9.5 would be impossible.

I'm in India we have a grading up to 10 so that's my average. So that is 95% of the marks..
      Yes, I gave up writing any new hubs - actually  I wanted to write for the weekly topic, may be next time smile
      I get 20 days holidays will try to write atleast 50 hubs then big_smile

1. Rising Caren profile image78
        Rising Carenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That sounds reasonable.

Studies always come first, but once they're off, ain't no restrictions.

Also, I didn't know that about India. That's interesting (and so much simpler). So in my scale that'd be roughly a 3.8, very impressive and definitely not something you'd want destroyed from too much online work.

Yup smile
          I'll write in the holidays then smile I already gave up my other sites and I'm only here now big_smile

7. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

When I'm in school, everything else takes a back seat.  Hardly even have time to eat and sleep.  Hubbing and freelancing would be completely out of the question.

8. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 12 years ago

o i hate this word because it seems to oversimplify
    but prioritize...
    choose what MUST absolutely be done that day....
    work from the critical down your list
    make lists
    check off what you do as you do it
    it gives one a great sense of 'o, look how much i have done'
    you will be amazed at how much you actually are getting completed each day

and....J U S T    B R E A T H E!!!!

9. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

If I were you I would focus on my studies first as they must come first, your writing can wait it wont run away, your exams are more important at the minute because they are running towards you...STUDY!!!!! lol smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)