Is it Possible to be Racist Towards Caucasians?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (61 posts)
  1. VendettaVixen profile image68
    VendettaVixenposted 12 years ago

I'd like to get people's opinions on this.

It seems that even today some African Americans think that all white people are out to get them, and that anything a white person says is a slight against them. Don't get me wrong - I know they have to take crap from people every day - I know that.

But when asked if taking that attitude isn't racist, they just answer with a torrent of abuse.

I know there are some white people - thankfully very few - that think they're better than "them coloreds," but taking the same hateful attitude with every white person you meet seems ridiculous to me.

I'm an extremely open-minded person, and I have to say that I find it hurtful to be judged like that.

What do you think?

1. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image85
      PDXKaraokeGuyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

racism is racism. blacks can hate whites, whites can hate blacks. Jews can hate native Americans

the fact that I'm even referring to race implies that race is an issue but any race or person can hate any race or person.

2. lizzieBoo profile image59
      lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I always thought "white trash" was a pretty uncharitable term.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes..... to garbage containers everywhere

1. lizzieBoo profile image59
          lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly! Unfair!

2. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is.  And many people say it without a qualm at all, both black and white.  So yes, there's racism against caucasians just like there's racism against blacks and others.

3. teamelite21 profile image60
      teamelite21posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeh.  There is a guy where I worked when I first got there who said that since I was white I would always have "white's history" hanging over my head.  So he pretty much labeled me with what THEY did.  He claims he isn't racist.  However , that is a racist comment.  If you hold something against someone, because they are of a specific race,  that they didn't do, that's racist.

4. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree.   Race is such an outmoded concept, especially in the 21st century.  It is about time that humanity realize that we are ONE race.   We are one in accordance with the universe.   

Now, that said I would like to add that yes, there are Black people( I am Black) who are quite racist and prejudicial towards Caucasian people.   Many of them believe that the majority of Caucasians subconsciously are racists.   This is not true, of course, but many Black people believe that they are unsuccessful either socioeconomically nor academically because of Caucasians or as so many Blacks put it "the man".   They elect to put the fault on Caucasians and/or other non-Black groups instead of taking responsibility for  and correcting the mistakes and foibles in their own lives.

5. A Thousand Words profile image68
      A Thousand Wordsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's possible for anyone to be prejudiced towards anyone. No race is spared.  I am an American woman who happens to be of African(mostly) and Native American descent (I really do hope one day we can all just go by American). While I find myself to be quite an open-minded person as well, I currently live in GA, and I have to admit when I go to certain middle-of-nowhere towns, I'm afraid to drive in somebody's driveway to turn around, with fear of being shot at, and with good reason. (I feel a bit apprehensive if I drive through the straight ghetto, but for different reasons) I agree that other "black" people often are prejudiced towards white people, and feel justified with their views, even though they don't want to call it prejudice or jumping to unfair conclusions. It's a sensitivity that is constantly regurgitated in certain parts of "African-American" culture. But it certainly has declined, at least from what I've seen.

You have to understand, though. We still face racial prejudices, even in the 21st century. I am currently dating a "white" man, and there are certain members of his family that don't like me merely because I'm black. Also, I have a white male friend who likes black girls, made a comment about one who hit on him one day at work, and the response that kids his age (he's 17 almost 18), his friends, were things like "ew, that's disgusting," "You like 'snickers?'" Etc. etc. I was surprised, actually, at all the negative comments. It's still there. I think a lot of "black" people just see it in places even if it's not really there or what's intended. It'll take some time to go away "completely," if possible.

6. qeyler profile image62
      qeylerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  When you live in a country where the majority is black, where the political leaders, the police, the business leaders are black, those who are not black will experience the same kind of racism you think belongs to white people.

People Will Not Be Hired based on their colour.  The best candidate who is white or Indian or Chinese or very Brown will be passed over for the Blackest face ... and even if that face is the 6th most qualified, that's the one who gets the job.  It isn't 'reverse' racism or anything like that. It is minority and majority.

1. ikenna-nwabueze profile image41
        ikenna-nwabuezeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is this response based on experience or just an assumption? I lived in a country where blacks are the majority for three decades and I can say for certain that the minority groups were not discriminated against.
        Your use of the phrase 'Blackest face' gives the impression that you may have a story to tell.

7. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The gate swings both ways.

8. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

YES! HELL YES!

I am prejudiced against 'caucasian caucasians' from the Caucasus mountains. Why? Because I had to  file a complaint on Honolulu  officer Potopoff and ever since then -  anybody with the "off" at the end of their name - my hair bristles up on the back of my neck.

Potopoff was found guilty of conduct unbecoming an officer.

9. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why would you even think to ask such a question. We are all created in the image of God. God does not see colour,or, race. All God sees is His Children.

2. AngelArs profile image64
    AngelArsposted 12 years ago

Is it possible to be racist towards caucasians? Of course.

Racism = ignorance.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I don't worry what others think about me.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen.
      I'm completely with UW on this.
      What we personally think of others is much more revealing to ourselves about where we are in life and how we will proceed. Sometimes the finger points to the image in the mirror.

4. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

Racism isn't a quality good for anybody's good character tongue it can be difficult living with others who carry some unidentifiable grudge against you but least we are able to make a choice whether to have such people in our lives smile I don't let what others think of me get me down n do my best to stick to people who can make me smile big_smile

5. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 12 years ago

It does happen and I'm always hurt and disappointed by it, but in every racial group there are people like that.  No group is immune.

6. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 12 years ago

You have brought up a hot one, haven't you? As long as there are two different races that problem seems to be the fate of the human condition, racism exists and can be practiced by anyone. We tend to regard our tribe first, it is natural. But in the interests of our long term survival as a species, we had better find a way to use better manners toward one another one other. Just as sure as my pants are zipped when I leave the house, so should people's attitudes, as they insist on holding on to them in this regard, also be checked prior to leaving the house.

1. AngelArs profile image64
      AngelArsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said Credence2 smile

1. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You really are an angel, thanks

I don’t know about that but I know that we are all human, and life is just as fragile to all of us, and we’d all better start learning how to overlook our petty differences and unite in what we all have in common. If we don’t then we as a species are doomed, and probably undeserving of this beautiful world.

7. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

i hate all people equally

8. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Yes

9. Night Magic profile image60
    Night Magicposted 12 years ago

I'm Caucasian and I've been judged against until they get to know me better.  I would never intentionally do something to offend someone so if they don't like me then I guess they don't.  That's one thing I never worry about.

10. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

If there if five races there is five kinds of racism.

...and they all have ignorance in common.

11. profile image57
    Jamens1posted 12 years ago

Yes, racism knows no boundaries.

12. anonimuzz profile image61
    anonimuzzposted 12 years ago

Yes, it is possible. And what I find particularly stupid is when some black people actually hate and reject another black person because s/he acts "white".

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To anonimuzz:  I totally agree with you regarding your premise.   However, this is a VERY TOUCHY subject.  Yes, there are some Black people who actually disparage, denigrate, and deride other Black people for acting "white" because the latter prefer to obtain an education and to elevate themselves.

I should know about this because as a child, I was accused to acting "white" by other classmates because I refused to succumb to the banal stereotypes associated with Black people.  My mother always exhorted that I should act like a lady at times and to elevate Black womanhood!

I listened to classical music and music by Caucasian artists in addition to soul music while they only listened to soul music.  As a child in Harlem, New York I did not play in the streets while they did.  As a child, I went to opera recitals, concerts, and plays.  In other worlds, my world was vastly different than theirs.   

The issue of some Blacks labelling other Blacks as acting "white" also stems from socioeconomic class issues as well as quasiracial ones.   Middle class Blacks are viewed by their lower class brethren as representing the "Causacoid" image- they have the niceties that the lower classes of Blacks do not have; however, wish that they had.     

To this day, other Blacks refer to me as an elitist because I refuse to succumb to the so-called "Black groupthink" consensus.  I remember during a college sociology class, I voiced quite an unpopular opinion (this was the 1970s) stating that the lower socioeconomic classes of Black people need to help themselves more and to stop depending upon handouts.   Well, after class have finished, one of the other Black students glared at me, stating that she ought to slap my face for stating this!   I was totally nonplussed of course. To anonimuzz: You have brought up a great topic to discuss.   You should make a post of this- it will generate great discussions.

1. anonimuzz profile image61
        anonimuzzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting life story smile You are the proof that we, as humans, regardless of our races, have the potential to be, do and know many things that we may not even be aware of. Accepting to live by whatever stereotype is put on us is wasting that potential. Actually, you should be the one making that post. You seem to have more to say than I personally do. It's your bigger life experience - I can't compete with that, ahah.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
          couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's believed that we are ruled by our subconcious mind 95% of the time and our subconcious is made of the past, what we've experienced. Our goal should be to step away from the past, the subconcious, and live in the future, believing as though the things we want or want to be already exist.

I only want to let into my imagination those things that I want to see manifest. By believing in the words and ideas of others, I leave no room for the passion of my own words and ideas.

2. qeyler profile image62
        qeylerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I truly appreciate your post, for it is something I have seen very often, it is a way to get people to disenfranchise themselves.  By elevating negative traits it is pretty certain that those labeled 'elitist'  will be in the minority.

13. profile image56
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

I feel for anyone who is discriminated against. The worst part about being male and white is the fact that you normally have to accept it. Unless it is something completely outrageous you usually let it go because people who our discriminated against need a break and they need to know that you our not discriminating. If you ignore it and give them a questionable look they sometimes apologize or at-least know that you our not really much of a player in such games. The worst our females who have no boundaries or any knowledge that they are discriminating. A group of women can get way out of line and not even pretend to have a clue. Most of the time its not direct discrimination its just callousness. Like a group of guys being guys they forget that you will not allow them in the group. I worked in one place where I gave up talking because I was never allowed to speak. Looking back I was happy that I never did because I was excluded by this group completely.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting. It's often difficult to be forthright with people who are verbally abusive without knowing it. We allow our emotions to get the best of us even if it only tangles our words. We need to be clear and concise when confronting verbal abuse and more times than not, the person will see the error of what they said, even if it was a joke. At the very least, they will leave us alone and at best, maybe they will have their eyes opened.

14. jennycai profile image57
    jennycaiposted 12 years ago

I find the title a little bit misleading...

is it possible -(which mean originally it was impossible)...

anyway Thing is as long as there are stereotyping of a certain race or ethnicity (blank and white for this certain post) to be politically correct there will always be a racial slur and racism that you can hear what ever ethnicity you have.

its a product of ignorance and there is nothing you can do about it. There are even caucacians I know that are racially discriminating each other based on locations. (like the Yankees and the Rednecks)so for sure that is already given and expected that there are certain people that also discriminate them.

not fair, sure it is not fair but is there such thing as fair in the world...

15. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

If racism was/is so tragic it is laughable.

We as people are so much alike that if a space alien viewed us they could bearly see a difference but we make a big deal out of you having one strand of hair then I do so that means you're superior to me-what a joke.

It reminds me a Twilight exposed where good friends mostly all the same race just enjoying each until hidden space aliens turned the power off for some people and not for other now these good neighbors begin to show just how different each of them really- like I said "what a joke."

16. profile image0
    Peelander Gallyposted 12 years ago

There are a lot more people in the world who hate white people than there are white people to hate everyone else. Hell, I think white people ruin everything and I'm about as white as people get, but that's about culture - or more often the distinct lack thereof - promoting ignorance, not about something so base and irrelevant as skin tone. Genetically we're all so similar that different races don't exist in any measurable way anyhow.

17. ExLeftist profile image60
    ExLeftistposted 12 years ago

Just do a search for black on white violence on the internet if you have any doubts.  You won't hear about it too much on the national news but local news has no choice but to cover it.

18. Cassie Smith profile image60
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

Of course it's possible, it's not only possible, it's happened.  In fact a couple of black kids just recently set a white kid on fire because he was white.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa … -1.1033062

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kinda like asking if only white people are racist.

19. Sapphireid profile image62
    Sapphireidposted 12 years ago

Hello,

Ditto with all the replies, answers, responses and posts to the question of: Is it possible to be racist towards caucasians.

Sapphireid

20. dutchman1951 profile image61
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Until we can honestly see true humans we will never solve this folks.
    The minute we look and say there is a white man, or black man or black child, or mexican child..etc... we have lost our vision to see a true human.

Drop the qualifiers, and the venacular vision shield you inherited in the Mind set you have,  and look from the heart and not the head. When we all can do this, myself included, then maybe...just maybe, we can solve this mess.

"you an change your own or anothers mind, but not the heart, that the individual must do alone!" smile

It is hard to do, and very easy to say!

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Stereo-typing extends to whites. Pollaks are dumb, the Frogs are rude, the wops are all gangsters and eat nothing but spaghetti and pizza and talk like mafioso from New York. Spics (Eoropean spics) are greasy, and the potato eaters in Ireland are all drunks. The Scots are stubborn but thrifty (Geuss they're the ones better than the rest, unless you phrase it as pigheaded and cheap)  Just to name a few. If someone can be stereo-typed, then there is a possibility of prejudice. Racial or otherwise. Racism is a perceived division of culture or an unrealistic view of sub-cultures. These lines are drawn by those they benefit most. That is why we have things like Black History month. It is divisive, but so is the culture which excluded black contributions from being represented. Two wrongs never make anything right.

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
        dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

agree Druid, well said.

21. swb64 profile image60
    swb64posted 12 years ago

For the first time in my 47 years I was accused of being racist last week by a human rights person, this person ran out of things to say while defending someone. The fact was, I managed to get out of a witness situation in 2008. The courts had told me it will be two families of differing faiths and I stand a chance of receiving abuse from both. I got out on medical grounds, I was accused of being a racist simply for not wanting to take part in this court case between two religions!!!

22. profile image34
    independentmindedposted 12 years ago

If one really looks at American history, they'll find that racism has been deeply ingrained into the very fabric of our society and culture since day one..inotherwords, since this country's founding.  Every single group that's come here, worked themselves into a more respectable stronghold in society, and made it, has experienced it in some form or other.  Racism not only exists between whites and non-whites, but it exists between the different non-white groups as well.

1. S Leretseh profile image62
      S Leretsehposted 12 years agoin reply to this

'Racism not only exists between whites and non-whites, but it exists between the different non-white groups as well."

Disagree. I think you confuse racism with the normal human condition called 'historical group recognition.'  However, if one attacks another and the sole reason for the violence is their being a member of another group (racial, religious specifically), I would say this would be a racist act.

1. profile image34
        independentmindedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

S. Leretseh:  Refusing to recognize people who're members of other groups as human beings with historical rights, and treating them as less than human is not a normal human condition.  It's prejudice...plain and simple, and it happens not only here in the United States, but throughout the world, generally.

"Refusing to recognize people who're members of other groups"

Where did I fail to recognize? Or, where did white people fail to recognize blacks prior to 1964? White people , if anything, were unfailing, generally speaking, in their consistent desire and practice to recognize blacks as a separate and distinct people.  There was the black community and the white community.  ONE people distinct from another, these respective groups had always lived separate. This was the norm throughout American history...and throughout human history.  Blacks were suppose to be a separate and self-reliant people in America from 1865 to 1964 --  Free to build their own towns, cities, industries,or colonize a place in America.   Blacks, on their own volition,  marched for what no people in human history had ever marched for::  the right to integrate into the established society of another distinct people (white Christian people--his established political systems[--his established working groups [status environment]--his established residential communities).  Black males got hat they marched for. These were NOT rights ever established by precedent; nor were they within the US Constitution.  When the integration laws were passed (64, 65 & 68), white, generally speaking, all across America, followed the laws.  Give credit where credit is due.

"human beings with historical rights, and treating them as less than human is not a normal human condition."

White people were NOT denying blacks "rights".  Hence, the necessity to "create" the integration laws (64, 65 & 68).

Blacks, living among blacks, is NOT an example of making blacks :"less than human".  C'Mon!  This is racism.  Again, blacks were suppose to be a separate and self-reliant people. This so they could create a sense of group identity (which you apparently want to deny them) and a self-produced cultural heritage. 

Also, I'm not against integration or multiculturalism...so long as it works.   Blacks, almost 98% by my extensive research,  continue to pop up on the radar showing racism, hate and intolerance to other "groups".  Go figure...

1. A Thousand Words profile image68

The way you speak is probably how things COULD have gone... but it's not really what was happening, and what actually happened was more realistic.... Maybe where you lived things worked that way(if you were around). But, there were black people who were tar and feathered just because they looked at somebody the wrong way. Whites didn't want blacks to pursue their own anything. They thought that we were filthy. "White was white and black was black" didn't work because white people treated blacks as inferiors, point blank. They didn't want their children marrying them. They didn't want to eat in the same restaurants with them. They didn't want to ride the same buses with them. They didn't want the "black disease" I suppose. But, you can open a history book (the most objective and accurate) and know that what you say was not always the case. What were black people going to do, set up their own system of everything? Like whites would've even allowed it! Ha. Don't be silly... They came here after a country already inhabited was "discovered" and gave the Native peoples territory in their own territory... come on.

I digress. Black people were their property before they were freed. And when they got their freedom, they tried their best to make a living in the society that they themselves had been forced into by the transatlantic slave trade. Same thing happened everywhere else the slaves were bought, and conditions are better there. You go the Brazil, you think Brazilians worry about the black, white, brown BS? Not really. Certainly not to the extent the US does. The Dominican Republic, Cuba, Trinidad, Haiti, Jamaica, all of those places.

Yes, unfortunately, now many black people are prejudiced themselves, amongst other things. But, many are not, including myself. It's something they will eventually grow out of, as long as we don't retard progress in our own society.

P.S. I have nothing against white people, my boyfriend is white, actually. I just think it's funny when people say things like this, as if black people were making up all of the hatred and prejudice.

A Thousand Words wrote:: “But, there were black people who were tar and feathered just because they looked at somebody the wrong way.”

Tarred and feathered for looking at white person the “wrong way".   NONSENSE.  But, yes, blacks and whites, in a few cases in American history were tarred and feathered.  It depended on the crime one was guilty of.  In North Nigeria today, Muslims will sever the hand of a thief. 

“Whites didn't want blacks to pursue their own anything”

Prior to the Civil War::  Whites didn’t take any exception to the wealthy blacks who ran large plantations.   Example:  C. Richards and her son, P.C Richards owned 152 slaves ( Louisiana),  and Mr. Ellison,  who was the largest slaveholder in S. Carolina, had 63 slaves.  Both of these mentioned blacks were also notorious slave breeders, something whites frowned upon.   In New Orleans in 1860, more than 3000 blacks owned slaves (almost 30% of all free blacks).  These are just a few examples of wealth which blacks "pursued”  pre Civil War in the South. 

After 1865, blacks were a free people, free to go anywhere in the vast unsettled lands of America. I wrote a hub on the freedom loving blacks who traveled 100ss of miles to Kansas in hopes of colonizing a place there for their very own (Pap Singleton Dunlop colony).  We also have the “Black” town of Boley, OK. This should have been a thriving  black metropolis in the South.  However, Blacks, strangely, passed it up when they migrated North … to all those Anglo-created urban centers.

As for the  “filthy.” “treated blacks as inferiors”, et al , infers white people were wicked to the core.  I can only say that if  blacks truly believe this was the case in America prior to integration (1964), then why on earth did they demand to be integrated into all this omnipresent wickedness?  And this integration DEMAND was across-the broad!  Makes no sense at all dearie.  People DEMAND separation and autonomy from this kind of wickedness, not integration into it.

Oh, almost forgot this one::
              "as if black people were making up all of the hatred and prejudice."

Ya sure about that?  I wrote hub on just that subject:: 'People Who Make Up Racism Stories '

23. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

I was wondering when the xenophobe's would start blaming space aliens for all our troubles!

1. A Thousand Words profile image68

yikes You mean it's not the space aliens' fault?

24. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

One of these days, we're gonna hafta fix that gate. Maybe we could install a mirror.

25. profile image34
    independentmindedposted 12 years ago

S Leretseh:   I stand by my position that when members of one group treat members of another group as less than human by reducing all members of a target group to the lowest common denominator, then that is a form of racism.   When somebody reduces all members of a given group to the lowest common denominator,  they're treating them as inferior beings.  That's not normal.   When people segregate, isolate and discriminate against members of a certain group or groups just because they happen to be members of that particular group or groups, yes, that's prejudice, plain and simple.

The Civil Rights Movement in this country, for example, happened for a legitimate reason:  Citizens born and raised up on United States soil, in this country, were being denied their rights;  the right to vote, the right to a decent education, the right to make a living,  and, often enough, which still goes on now; the right to live in a decent neighborhood, and the right to not get beat up or gunned down by cops and other law enforcement people or pulled over and frisked arbitrarily for no good reason.

26. Express10 profile image84
    Express10posted 12 years ago

Racist attitudes can be harbored to anyone of any color. I know that some light skinned blacks, latinos, asians, indians, etc. have racist attitudes to those who are darker skinned AND vice versa. There are some white people who detest darker skinned whites and whites who have any mixture of "color" in them. So yes, people can be racist towards whites.

Those who choose to verbally abuse you are only doing so because you have spoken the truth and they cannot debate the point without personal attack. For your sake, I suggest that you find some better black people to spend your time with. If you are describing people you work or go to school with, good luck. However, there are educated, informed, open minded, non-racist black people. Your time is much better spent with them.

27. ikenna-nwabueze profile image41
    ikenna-nwabuezeposted 12 years ago

Every one's got a view on the subject.
    Humans will always find a reason to dislike one another as long as a visible difference exists. This difference can be race, tribe, sexuality or religion.
    Much as we would love to wish the scourge away, I fear that our children will still be discussing the subject in years to come.

I am an African who now lives in a predominantly white country. I expressed my view on racism in a recent publication[http://ezinearticles.com/?Kelis-­and-­the-­London-­Racism-­Row&id=6647148]

VendettaVixen there can’t be one answer to your question because the behaviour of one or a group of black men is not representative of the entire race. I would advice that you just continue to be you.

28. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 12 years ago

Even if on a small island there is prejudice. On Easter Island it was the 'long ears" & "short ears". If there is no difference then one is made. Maya royals would wrap the head of the baby before the crown fused in order to get a more elongated forehead.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6470446_f248.jpg

Must be human nature - to differentiate from each other - and not just on looks :

What's your religion?
    I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. I immediately ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Well ... are you religious or atheist?"

"Religious."

"Me too! Are you Christian or Jewish?"

"Christian."

"Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too! Are you Original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

To which I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6470473_f248.jpg

29. profile image52
    nthl0gikposted 12 years ago

is it possible to be racist towards (against??) caucasians ?
    there is no doubt it has actually happened in the past 150
    years in the united states. i have not personally experienced
    it, but i can imagine it could be horrific & comparable to how
    african americans have suffered in early times before MLK jr.
    & the civil rights movement in the 60s. i have friends who are
    african american, caucasian, native american, hispanic, oriental,
    jewish, muslim, italian, greek, romanian, dutch, british/irish/
    welsh/scottish & polynesian(hawaiian). they all seem to exude
    a moderate human quality of compassion for willingness to work
    together to build a better tomorrow for society, as i hope most
    of the populous of earth would want.... except for the iranian
    & north korean governments. in all honesty i believe prejudice
    to be a superficial quality spurred by a sense of desparation.
    any human can be capable of it, though never for a reason that
    makes any sense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)